Backpackers Holiday Village Reviews

116 Jonson St, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

Friendly staff and very good location. Things are not top quality, but I admit I was expecting worse. Probably not a good idea for someone looking for tranquility, since it has a huge "party-like" atmosphere. For me it was awesome!

• 20th Apr 2014

Everything had an upcharge & not a small one. large deposits too. the accommodation is not worth the money. Would rather have stayed in a hotel for the cost.

After staying here for over a week I have absolutely nothing negative to stay about this place. Clean, safe, fun, and a great atmosphere. Super easy to meet people if you are alone. Great party hostel but then they make sure to shut everything down at 10:30 so you can go to bed if you like. Love this place and will definitly be back next time I am in Byron!!!

It's confusing that you have to get your own cuttlary at the reception for a depot and that they don't tell you that on check-in (maybe they just forgot for us). But the good thing about this arrangement is that you're sure your plates are clean ;) The kitchen and reception is closed quite long in the morning to catch the first Greyhound bus. Really nice pool!

A good hostel with a great atmosphere. Great common area where you meet a lot of people, especially in the evening. Had a really good time there and therefore extended my stay from 3 to 5 nights, but still could have stayed longer. All in all the hostel is clean and there is not much you really could complain about. The only thing is, that they have no air conditioning and kind of typically no lockers. The staff is really friendly and booked my surflessons for me. Which was great.

Booked for 4 nights but stayed a week. Great atmosphere met people straight away. Nice layout with rooms surrounding the pool. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm which felt clean and not too cramped. No lockers in rooms, but valuables could be stored at reception if necessary. Great outdoor seating area for socialising, everyone gathered there to drink every night. Good party hostel, but everyone has to leave at 10.30 so sleeping isn't a problem. Staff a bit cliquey, but friendly

Best hostel I've stayed at so far thanks to the staff. Everything else is great as well. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.

• 31st Mar 2014

nice Hostel good location clean small rooms - bit expensive - 10min walk to the beach - no lockers in rooms

Really liked the free surf and bodyboards and bikes! Good atmosphere too. Nice size kitchen cooking and it was clean! Would stay here again

So much noise during the nigth

• 21st Mar 2014

Only problem I had with the hostel was that wifi was not available in the rooms and it was very slow when a few people were online.

Free wifi, but only at the reception and until about 11 pm; no lockers in the rooms, but you can leave valuables at the reception; deposits for everything

Great location. Nice staff. Good place to relax.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

Unfortunately no lockers. This is clearly a party hostel, atmosphere was great.

I absolutely loved this hostel. Met some fantastic people, and enjoyed my stay so much, I extended for a week. Great staff. The location is right at the end of the main street of Byron, but it's right near two of the main clubs, and several restaurants (and the beach is only about 15 minutes away). I look forward to staying here again.

a great stay, good facilities and friendly staff

• 14th Mar 2014

Great hostel with a great vibe. Nightly activities give backpackers a chance to meet people and experience Byron Bay nightlife. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I recommend this hostel to people when i hear they are going to Byron! One of the best I've stayed in around Australia.

My stay at Holliday village was memorable and spectacular i would return in a second, if you enjoy a fun positive party atmosphere this is the place for you

• 25th Feb 2014

Although I was only there for a night I would have been happy to stay longer!

• 21st Feb 2014

This hostel was excellent!!! The staff were always ready to help and happy! The rooms were apartment sized with your own kitchen, this made it so easily to socialize with others in the apartment. It was close to the beach and provided bbqs as well. We don't have a bad word to say about this hostel. Oh and free surfboards and bikes - be sure to wear your helmet though!!