Backpackers Hostel HK Reviews

Room C1, 2/F, 37 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Confusing to find and cramped. Possible par for the course in Causeway Bay. I'm glad I had earplugs because the noise of the city flows round the clock. Good location, no complaints.

Overall a simple but hospitable hostel. There is a nice communal area, a free bottle of water as a welcome drink, and the staff is helpful in directing you if you need it. Facilities were clean when we arrived, and housekeeping was in in the mornings to fix things.

nice place to stay..thanks guys :)

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Philippines

You can't use the computer (only one out of two was working) between 1am and 9am which I wasn't best pleased about. Wifi is available only in the communal area and not from my room. Hostel is in a residential building and I noticed a sign downstairs saying that the hostel is actually "illegally operated" which made me feel uneasy. However great location in the middle of Causeway Bay and close to the bus to the airport and MRT station.

Simple hostel, but it gives you what you need in a good location for a reasonable price (in Hong Kong).

Run illegaly, hard to find, location okay, staff very unfriendly and mostly not english speaking, cleaning lady wakes everybody up late night and early in the morning, constuction noise around the clock, they change the rates every day, the price is waaay to much, rooms very small, kitchen facilities very poor, wifi on and off slowly and only in few spots. the only reason i kept staying there was cuz there were some other nice people trapped in this place

Switching the tank on for hot water was different for us, so that along with the hot water tap needing to be turned to the middle, not left or right, was a bit confusing so we had a cold shower at first! Also had a burnt out light, but other than that the room was lovely. (Tiny!!)

• 24th Oct 2014

Like it. just worth it's price.

This hostel is very simple but it have all necesary for you stay confortable in a a very good location.

It looks way more expensive than it is. Location is best possible. One of the best dorms in my life.

This is actually the first time i travelled to Hong Kong and stayed in the hostel. First i get lost because there has no sign of the hostel. So you have to look very carefully. The location is fantastic, only 5 mins from the shopping street and i love it! I met a lot of nice people who also backpacking just like me. This hostel made me feel like home. If i ever come back to HK again, now i know where to stay!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Thailand

I have stayed several hostels in HK, this one is the worst so far. I booked the backpacker hostel, but the address is wrong, nobody answer the door. Then I asked next door hostel , she said she owns the two hostels, but she can't find my booking information.After I paid, she said I should move to another building?! Moreover, another building has cut off the water supply until 11pm, I should come back for shower. Actually, there is no water until I checked out. And the facility is not good ~

we planned to stay there for 3 days and ended up staying for a week!!!the hostel is clean and has a very good atmosphere. the common area is a bit small and you probably have a room in another building (they own 4 building all very close) but overall is a very good place to stay.they have a roof top where you can spend some time and is very easy to meet a lot of people. i definitely recommend it!