Backpackers Hostel HK Reviews

Room C1, 2/F, 37 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Very good hostel! maybe make more clear where is located the main reception? as I end up in one of the dorms and of course there was no service there and I was worried that nobody would help me! :D

Perfect location, right by the Causeway Bay MTR and many restraunts, both western and eastern. The common area was nice but it wasn't quite as social as I would have liked. The rooms were a bit small but you don't need much. All in all good experience, would stay here again.

Really clean room and the shower was excellent. A really good location in a massive shopping district. Also a good supermarket across the street. The bed was really comfortable and the staff on the reception desk was really helpful with giving advice about things to see and do. Overall, it was really good value for money. I'll be staying here again when I'm next in Hong Kong.

It is much cleaner/prettier than Chunking Mansions. Not nice as yesinn. You get what you pay for. Atmosphere and location couldn't be more perfect. I stayed 10 days. Few complaints: computers are broken, wifi came in and out,

Confusing to find and cramped. Possible par for the course in Causeway Bay. I'm glad I had earplugs because the noise of the city flows round the clock. Good location, no complaints.

Overall a simple but hospitable hostel. There is a nice communal area, a free bottle of water as a welcome drink, and the staff is helpful in directing you if you need it. Facilities were clean when we arrived, and housekeeping was in in the mornings to fix things.

nice place to stay..thanks guys :)

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Philippines

You can't use the computer (only one out of two was working) between 1am and 9am which I wasn't best pleased about. Wifi is available only in the communal area and not from my room. Hostel is in a residential building and I noticed a sign downstairs saying that the hostel is actually "illegally operated" which made me feel uneasy. However great location in the middle of Causeway Bay and close to the bus to the airport and MRT station.

Simple hostel, but it gives you what you need in a good location for a reasonable price (in Hong Kong).

Run illegaly, hard to find, location okay, staff very unfriendly and mostly not english speaking, cleaning lady wakes everybody up late night and early in the morning, constuction noise around the clock, they change the rates every day, the price is waaay to much, rooms very small, kitchen facilities very poor, wifi on and off slowly and only in few spots. the only reason i kept staying there was cuz there were some other nice people trapped in this place

Switching the tank on for hot water was different for us, so that along with the hot water tap needing to be turned to the middle, not left or right, was a bit confusing so we had a cold shower at first! Also had a burnt out light, but other than that the room was lovely. (Tiny!!)

• 24th Oct 2014

Like it. just worth it's price.

This hostel is very simple but it have all necesary for you stay confortable in a a very good location.

It looks way more expensive than it is. Location is best possible. One of the best dorms in my life.

This is actually the first time i travelled to Hong Kong and stayed in the hostel. First i get lost because there has no sign of the hostel. So you have to look very carefully. The location is fantastic, only 5 mins from the shopping street and i love it! I met a lot of nice people who also backpacking just like me. This hostel made me feel like home. If i ever come back to HK again, now i know where to stay!

• 2nd Aug 2014