Backpackers Hostel HK Reviews

Room C1, 2/F, 37 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Generally it's value for $$. However, they get very poor score for WI-FI. It was non-existent in the rooms and patchy in the dorms common area. So make sure you have your own data plan.

I had a great time staying in your hostel for 9 nights. The people there, both staff and other backpackers, were great. Thanks to everyone contributing to my stay in Hong Kong!

• 4th Nov 2015

SCAM!!! The hostel does not exist! There is nothing at the address provided!! And the phone number is a fake!!!! SCAM!!!!!!!!

• 1st Nov 2015

More of an apartment room than a hostel. Good location and a clean room (we were on the 16th floor in the main block). Would recommend to anyone for a quick basic stop off in HK.

Very poor on location because in your database , it shows , 37 pateson Street. I went to the location and found no one living. CalledCalled the number and it showed no answer . after 4hours of waiting in a Park the Hostel staff called back and gave correct address. that was 47, Paterson str. Please update your database.

• 6th Sep 2015
  • India

POSITIVE: the location is unbeatable (next to metro ) and the front desk girl working in the afternoon was very nice and helpful. NEGATIVE:They booked our room the first night so me and my girlfriend were assigned a triple room (room 201) full of cockroaches .. Next morning tried to ask for directions from another girl in the desk never even lifted her head to look at me.. Another guest ended up helping us... The double room smelled like humidity but it was much Cleaner than the triple room.

The worst hostel I've ever been. Limited space, disorganized stuff, claustrophobic, 7 hk dollars for printing one page, and a lot of rooms are not even located in the same building as the reception. If you don't mind sleeping in dorms, stay in yesinn (what I did and have a much better stay).

Very difficult to share with someone who doesn't sleep with the AC on. It was very hot!

• 27th Jul 2015

In overall, this hostel is nice. Nice dorms, nice atmosphere, excelent Wifi connection and amazing location. However, the cleanliness is not good and the staff is not prepared. 1) I asked for a laundry service. They didn't give exact instructions. I lost time walking to a place that doesn't exist. 2)They programmed wrong room card, in consequence, i lost an accommodation day canceled. I asked about refund, and the staff didn't solve the trouble. They only said "Im sorry".

Amazing location. But I'd rather pay a little more and stay in a hotel. For backpackers, it's ok. The lounge area is always pretty quiet and it doesn't have too much of a social vibe . I've stayed here way too many times... It's the location that brings me back. I accidentally booked the wrong room online, and even though I'm a regular, they didn't let me change. The staff were very rude and abrupt.

Firstly, there are 2 offices. The main office i went had nobody. Thankfully the security guard helped call the hostel reception and they came to fetch us. When i booked it was suppose to be a 6-person room. But the receptionist told me that they had 2 3-bed rooms left. Which was quite weird as i was not informed at all. Main thing is that everyone had a bed to sleep on. The funniest is a sign at the lift saying that this Hostel is running illegally as its a residential building.

No toilet paper for 4 days, no WiFi in the room, the stuff wasn't that nice nor polite, but location was good and the rooms were clean and air conditioned

good location. ..bad internet..poor staff a little rude..the hostel is in a tower and you have only one elevator for all...so maybe you need to wait it 5 minutes.Near supermarket and metro.All very small in general.Dirty.

Good value for money in Hong Kong, great location, and staff always helpful enough with recommendations and inquiries. The double bedroom was really cramped, and with the bed tucked between three corners I always had to keep my knees folded (I'm not that tall, I swear!) WiFi was also generally poor in my room, but have a couple of computers if you really need internet connection.