Backpackers Hostel HK Reviews

Room C1, 2/F, 37 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

POSITIVE: the location is unbeatable (next to metro ) and the front desk girl working in the afternoon was very nice and helpful. NEGATIVE:They booked our room the first night so me and my girlfriend were assigned a triple room (room 201) full of cockroaches .. Next morning tried to ask for directions from another girl in the desk never even lifted her head to look at me.. Another guest ended up helping us... The double room smelled like humidity but it was much Cleaner than the triple room.

The worst hostel I've ever been. Limited space, disorganized stuff, claustrophobic, 7 hk dollars for printing one page, and a lot of rooms are not even located in the same building as the reception. If you don't mind sleeping in dorms, stay in yesinn (what I did and have a much better stay).

Very difficult to share with someone who doesn't sleep with the AC on. It was very hot!

• 27th Jul 2015

In overall, this hostel is nice. Nice dorms, nice atmosphere, excelent Wifi connection and amazing location. However, the cleanliness is not good and the staff is not prepared. 1) I asked for a laundry service. They didn't give exact instructions. I lost time walking to a place that doesn't exist. 2)They programmed wrong room card, in consequence, i lost an accommodation day canceled. I asked about refund, and the staff didn't solve the trouble. They only said "Im sorry".

Amazing location. But I'd rather pay a little more and stay in a hotel. For backpackers, it's ok. The lounge area is always pretty quiet and it doesn't have too much of a social vibe . I've stayed here way too many times... It's the location that brings me back. I accidentally booked the wrong room online, and even though I'm a regular, they didn't let me change. The staff were very rude and abrupt.

Firstly, there are 2 offices. The main office i went had nobody. Thankfully the security guard helped call the hostel reception and they came to fetch us. When i booked it was suppose to be a 6-person room. But the receptionist told me that they had 2 3-bed rooms left. Which was quite weird as i was not informed at all. Main thing is that everyone had a bed to sleep on. The funniest is a sign at the lift saying that this Hostel is running illegally as its a residential building.

No toilet paper for 4 days, no WiFi in the room, the stuff wasn't that nice nor polite, but location was good and the rooms were clean and air conditioned

good location. ..bad internet..poor staff a little rude..the hostel is in a tower and you have only one elevator for all...so maybe you need to wait it 5 minutes.Near supermarket and metro.All very small in general.Dirty.

Good value for money in Hong Kong, great location, and staff always helpful enough with recommendations and inquiries. The double bedroom was really cramped, and with the bed tucked between three corners I always had to keep my knees folded (I'm not that tall, I swear!) WiFi was also generally poor in my room, but have a couple of computers if you really need internet connection.

It is extremely small, the beds are good but it´s for just one night, the space is super small, someone with a big bag would never fit there. It was decent but I would´t return a second time.

For Hong Kong standards it offers good value for a good price. I had a normal sized bed in a dorm, with access to several bathrooms, so there was always one available. Good and safe location, nice staff.

• 22nd May 2015

The ensuited rooms will not cleaned every day. My room was in an another building as the reception and the kitchen. So that's not that good. But the location is great. Just a couple of minutes to the Metro Causeway Bay and the tram station.

Staff was friendly and helped me out with catching a bus to the airport in the middle of the night. There was an arrogant dbag in my room that started a fight with someone else in our room but was thrown out the next day- thanks. Besides that, it's in a great location. Get sushi from the wellcome next door after 8pm and its dirt cheap.

location was good, beds were clean, good value for money

• 28th Apr 2015

One of the best Hostels I have ever stayed at but unfortunately Internet bookings take preference over people already in beds and I had to leave as they were booked out. I would highly recommend this Hostel.

Decent hostel in a good location. Friendly staff and typically clean facilities. Overall a decent place to stay.

The staffs were not bad can speak some English but the owner and staffs were not honest. They moved me to an all 5 female room with a washroom inside, my original booking is an all 4 bed female room. I asked to ensure it is all female and they said yes. Then in the middle of my stayed they placed two males inside our room without informing us. We talked to the manager and he accused us of wanting a 4 stars hotel service and said we were unreasonable. I was upset because they were at false.

Staff is friendly and efficient though it might be a bit confusing to find the reception. once done you'll find the place is worth the cost. Wifi does not work in some rooms though.

• 9th Mar 2015