Backpackers Hostel HK Reviews

Room C1, 2/F, 37 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Want fat* and HK Backpackers are the same hostel. Very confusing! I booked in both (it worked out cheaper for weekend rates) The bed wasn't made when I arrived and the room was freezing my whole stay. They did give me an extra blanket when I asked. The shower only stays hot about 3 minutes too. Not a great place, but you get what you pay for here.

I stayed at Backpacker's Hostel for 6 nights in total. The common room is extremely comfy, with free coffee and tea, lots of chairs and space for people to hang out and make new friends, and in the evenings had a real nice ambience. The staff were very helpful and the place was always spotless. On the downside, the wifi was patchy but sometimes good in your room, the address is actually 47 Paterson Street, and it would have been nice to have some sofas in the common room. Overall, great stay!

• 16th Jan 2016

Generally it's value for $$. However, they get very poor score for WI-FI. It was non-existent in the rooms and patchy in the dorms common area. So make sure you have your own data plan.

I had a great time staying in your hostel for 9 nights. The people there, both staff and other backpackers, were great. Thanks to everyone contributing to my stay in Hong Kong!

• 4th Nov 2015

SCAM!!! The hostel does not exist! There is nothing at the address provided!! And the phone number is a fake!!!! SCAM!!!!!!!!

• 1st Nov 2015

More of an apartment room than a hostel. Good location and a clean room (we were on the 16th floor in the main block). Would recommend to anyone for a quick basic stop off in HK.

Very poor on location because in your database , it shows , 37 pateson Street. I went to the location and found no one living. CalledCalled the number and it showed no answer . after 4hours of waiting in a Park the Hostel staff called back and gave correct address. that was 47, Paterson str. Please update your database.

• 6th Sep 2015
  • India

POSITIVE: the location is unbeatable (next to metro ) and the front desk girl working in the afternoon was very nice and helpful. NEGATIVE:They booked our room the first night so me and my girlfriend were assigned a triple room (room 201) full of cockroaches .. Next morning tried to ask for directions from another girl in the desk never even lifted her head to look at me.. Another guest ended up helping us... The double room smelled like humidity but it was much Cleaner than the triple room.