Backpackers Hostel HK Reviews

Room C1, 2/F, 37 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Very difficult to share with someone who doesn't sleep with the AC on. It was very hot!

• 27th Jul 2015

Firstly, there are 2 offices. The main office i went had nobody. Thankfully the security guard helped call the hostel reception and they came to fetch us. When i booked it was suppose to be a 6-person room. But the receptionist told me that they had 2 3-bed rooms left. Which was quite weird as i was not informed at all. Main thing is that everyone had a bed to sleep on. The funniest is a sign at the lift saying that this Hostel is running illegally as its a residential building.

No toilet paper for 4 days, no WiFi in the room, the stuff wasn't that nice nor polite, but location was good and the rooms were clean and air conditioned

good location. ..bad internet..poor staff a little rude..the hostel is in a tower and you have only one elevator for all...so maybe you need to wait it 5 minutes.Near supermarket and metro.All very small in general.Dirty.

Good value for money in Hong Kong, great location, and staff always helpful enough with recommendations and inquiries. The double bedroom was really cramped, and with the bed tucked between three corners I always had to keep my knees folded (I'm not that tall, I swear!) WiFi was also generally poor in my room, but have a couple of computers if you really need internet connection.

It is extremely small, the beds are good but it´s for just one night, the space is super small, someone with a big bag would never fit there. It was decent but I would´t return a second time.

For Hong Kong standards it offers good value for a good price. I had a normal sized bed in a dorm, with access to several bathrooms, so there was always one available. Good and safe location, nice staff.

• 22nd May 2015

The ensuited rooms will not cleaned every day. My room was in an another building as the reception and the kitchen. So that's not that good. But the location is great. Just a couple of minutes to the Metro Causeway Bay and the tram station.

Staff was friendly and helped me out with catching a bus to the airport in the middle of the night. There was an arrogant dbag in my room that started a fight with someone else in our room but was thrown out the next day- thanks. Besides that, it's in a great location. Get sushi from the wellcome next door after 8pm and its dirt cheap.

location was good, beds were clean, good value for money

• 28th Apr 2015

One of the best Hostels I have ever stayed at but unfortunately Internet bookings take preference over people already in beds and I had to leave as they were booked out. I would highly recommend this Hostel.

Decent hostel in a good location. Friendly staff and typically clean facilities. Overall a decent place to stay.

The staffs were not bad can speak some English but the owner and staffs were not honest. They moved me to an all 5 female room with a washroom inside, my original booking is an all 4 bed female room. I asked to ensure it is all female and they said yes. Then in the middle of my stayed they placed two males inside our room without informing us. We talked to the manager and he accused us of wanting a 4 stars hotel service and said we were unreasonable. I was upset because they were at false.

Staff is friendly and efficient though it might be a bit confusing to find the reception. once done you'll find the place is worth the cost. Wifi does not work in some rooms though.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

The staff could have been a bit more friendly. I spent time at another hostel in Hong Kong so I know that the cleanliness of this hostel was not that great.

We were placed in a different building away from the main hub of the hostel, a few roads away, so can't really comment on the actual hostel! Where we were looked very sketchy, but the room itself was average. Four lockers for four beds, and outside in the communal area two bathrooms (toilet + shower), a fridge, freezer and a water tank. Felt more like a hotel than hostel. Staff were generally helpful the few times we spoke to them and the room was kept clean. Didn't impress me, but had no issues

預定就給了兩次定金,大家千萬不要用支付寶支付,去了被帶到另一棟樓住,根本沒有住到圖片上的hostel,就只是去那裡領了房卡而已,住到另一棟的房間裡,沒有休息大廳沒有公共區域,只能回去了就進房間坐床上,地理位置是相當不錯,但是房間沒有人性化設施,我的床位旁邊連個座充都沒有,燈光也不好,沒有私人的閱讀燈,洗澡間里淋浴和馬桶男女共用,但如果是白天都在外面晚上回去睡一覺那還是基本划算的,畢竟香港這麼便宜的床位不好找了。

This hostel is of great value for money, if you wanna stay in HK for a short time or travelling on a low budget. In total, this is a lovely place for meeting someone new, but the pics showed on the website are not completely the same as real. And in addition to fine facilities the hostel provided, I suggest the manager (or someone else) should add a refrigerator, it's a great help for someone who wants to cook on his own.