Backpackers Hostel HK Reviews

Room C1, 2/F, 37 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The ensuited rooms will not cleaned every day. My room was in an another building as the reception and the kitchen. So that's not that good. But the location is great. Just a couple of minutes to the Metro Causeway Bay and the tram station.

location was good, beds were clean, good value for money

• 28th Apr 2015

One of the best Hostels I have ever stayed at but unfortunately Internet bookings take preference over people already in beds and I had to leave as they were booked out. I would highly recommend this Hostel.

Decent hostel in a good location. Friendly staff and typically clean facilities. Overall a decent place to stay.

The staffs were not bad can speak some English but the owner and staffs were not honest. They moved me to an all 5 female room with a washroom inside, my original booking is an all 4 bed female room. I asked to ensure it is all female and they said yes. Then in the middle of my stayed they placed two males inside our room without informing us. We talked to the manager and he accused us of wanting a 4 stars hotel service and said we were unreasonable. I was upset because they were at false.

Staff is friendly and efficient though it might be a bit confusing to find the reception. once done you'll find the place is worth the cost. Wifi does not work in some rooms though.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

The staff could have been a bit more friendly. I spent time at another hostel in Hong Kong so I know that the cleanliness of this hostel was not that great.

We were placed in a different building away from the main hub of the hostel, a few roads away, so can't really comment on the actual hostel! Where we were looked very sketchy, but the room itself was average. Four lockers for four beds, and outside in the communal area two bathrooms (toilet + shower), a fridge, freezer and a water tank. Felt more like a hotel than hostel. Staff were generally helpful the few times we spoke to them and the room was kept clean. Didn't impress me, but had no issues

預定就給了兩次定金,大家千萬不要用支付寶支付,去了被帶到另一棟樓住,根本沒有住到圖片上的hostel,就只是去那裡領了房卡而已,住到另一棟的房間裡,沒有休息大廳沒有公共區域,只能回去了就進房間坐床上,地理位置是相當不錯,但是房間沒有人性化設施,我的床位旁邊連個座充都沒有,燈光也不好,沒有私人的閱讀燈,洗澡間里淋浴和馬桶男女共用,但如果是白天都在外面晚上回去睡一覺那還是基本划算的,畢竟香港這麼便宜的床位不好找了。

This hostel is of great value for money, if you wanna stay in HK for a short time or travelling on a low budget. In total, this is a lovely place for meeting someone new, but the pics showed on the website are not completely the same as real. And in addition to fine facilities the hostel provided, I suggest the manager (or someone else) should add a refrigerator, it's a great help for someone who wants to cook on his own.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • China

I've been to Hong Kong twice & both times I stayed at Backpackers Hostel. The staff are incredibly friendly & helpful (and multilingual). The location is a little difficult to find but it's within walking distance of shopping, food, as well as the visa office. Definitely book a bed from a dorm room, because sometimes they'll put you in a nicer room if they haven't filled up. Coming from China, it's a bit pricey, but for Hong Kong standards it's on the cheaper side. Highly recommend this hostel!

• 25th Jan 2015

We had one night stay and there was hardly anything to complain about. Location is great, the room was fresh looking and clean, as were facilities. Accomodation is definitely worth the price and I will definitely consider it for the next trip.

You may get put in a room thats about a 3 minute walk from the hostel main office, which has no real central meeting area, so if you're looking for a more social atmosphere, make sure you aren't placed in this other place.

The hostel provides rooms in more than 3 buildings around the one where the reception is located. In the map it looks like there are many hostels around, but its the same one though. I have seen 4 rooms in 3 buildings. 3 rooms were OK, one (10 bed shared dorm) was ugly and moldy ont the ceiling. Instead we got a nice 2 bed room for a good price. At least 1 girl from the stuff spoke english. There is too small kitchen to cook a dinner, but a lot of good places where to eat around. Great location.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

Very good hostel! maybe make more clear where is located the main reception? as I end up in one of the dorms and of course there was no service there and I was worried that nobody would help me! :D

Perfect location, right by the Causeway Bay MTR and many restraunts, both western and eastern. The common area was nice but it wasn't quite as social as I would have liked. The rooms were a bit small but you don't need much. All in all good experience, would stay here again.

Really clean room and the shower was excellent. A really good location in a massive shopping district. Also a good supermarket across the street. The bed was really comfortable and the staff on the reception desk was really helpful with giving advice about things to see and do. Overall, it was really good value for money. I'll be staying here again when I'm next in Hong Kong.

It is much cleaner/prettier than Chunking Mansions. Not nice as yesinn. You get what you pay for. Atmosphere and location couldn't be more perfect. I stayed 10 days. Few complaints: computers are broken, wifi came in and out,

Confusing to find and cramped. Possible par for the course in Causeway Bay. I'm glad I had earplugs because the noise of the city flows round the clock. Good location, no complaints.

Overall a simple but hospitable hostel. There is a nice communal area, a free bottle of water as a welcome drink, and the staff is helpful in directing you if you need it. Facilities were clean when we arrived, and housekeeping was in in the mornings to fix things.