Backpackers Hostel HK

Very Good 292 Total Reviews
Very Good 292 Total Reviews

19th Apr 2017
7.1

This is not the fault of the hostel but I barely got an hour of proper sleep. The 8 bed dorm was filled with students who had discussions about engineering and worked on their laptops right next to my bed until 1am. I recognize that dormitories can sometimes be noisy but this was like trying to sleep in a computer lab. Silence should be enforced after 11 so people don't use the dormitories as their personal meeting room.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

Great stay! I rated 4 on facilities & atmosphere just because it took me a while to find the place. They had the address on 37 Paterson but its actually on 47 Paterson for check-in. The security on 37 Paterson was yelling at me because I came to ask for her help twice asking for direction. But u get value for your money. Its convienient, steps to MTR (train station), & amenities, staff was nice (Amy extended honored my extented stay for same rate). Overall clean but I had some issue on bathroom.

14th Apr 2017

Awesome, convenient, and fast. Don't pick up the cat, but he really likes everyone.

• Costa Rica, Male, 31-40
8th Apr 2017
4.9

only one shower and one bathroom for the entire floor and was dirty, was quite difficult to find the place and the staff wasnt very kindly or helpful, you make a question and respond in a rude way. location was good (busy street) and honestly i love animals but No in hostels

• Wales, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Apr 2017
7.1

Stayed here a number fo times, each time been in a different building to reception, so the atmosphere is always a bit meh. Great location and one of the cheapest places to stay, that's why I keep coming back! Stayed in a 3 bed private, was fine, only issue is the AC goes off when you take they key card (as with most places) but it leaves the room a bit damp and smelly on your return (HK climate)! We also did have a little (not so little) cockroach visitor, but can't be helped I guess!

18th Mar 2017

Not bad, but still lack of some facilities.Checking desk and lodging location sit on seperate building.

• Indonesia, Couple, 25-30
28th Jan 2017
8.0

Location is GREAT! Neighborhood is AWESOME.. Near MTR Station , Airport buss stop. Their upgrade my room from mix dorm into a private bed, and thats good.. the staffs very kind and helpful. My room is separated from main building, so i have to walk everyday to get my free coffee, but its okay. For fellow travelers you should try this.

14th Jan 2017
7.7

The staff spoke zero English, but were proficient in mandarin which is what we used to communicate. There was a mixup because they thought I was the other white person. They required the full payment in cash and said they would not charge my credit card, which seemed a little uncooth.

15th Dec 2016
5.4

The price is really interesting, but it's not better than how much you pay. The perfect place to stay a week in Hong Kong, as my level of requirement is really low. BUT : My dormitory room was not in the main building, and was really dirty. Moreover, the kitchen is really limited: there is just a rice cooker and a microwave, which are on the other side of the road, in the main building They are really not organised, and ask every day the poeple to know which bed are free...

10th Nov 2016

Everything was as described. Location was great as it was in the Fashion District so there were no street hawkers selling things to bother us. Basic facilities in common area and the room was small but nice and clean and had everything we needed.