Backpackers Hostel HK

Very Good 282 Total Reviews

• Indonesia, Couple, 25-30
28th Jan 2017
8.0

Location is GREAT! Neighborhood is AWESOME.. Near MTR Station , Airport buss stop. Their upgrade my room from mix dorm into a private bed, and thats good.. the staffs very kind and helpful. My room is separated from main building, so i have to walk everyday to get my free coffee, but its okay. For fellow travelers you should try this.

14th Jan 2017
7.7

The staff spoke zero English, but were proficient in mandarin which is what we used to communicate. There was a mixup because they thought I was the other white person. They required the full payment in cash and said they would not charge my credit card, which seemed a little uncooth.

15th Dec 2016
5.4

The price is really interesting, but it's not better than how much you pay. The perfect place to stay a week in Hong Kong, as my level of requirement is really low. BUT : My dormitory room was not in the main building, and was really dirty. Moreover, the kitchen is really limited: there is just a rice cooker and a microwave, which are on the other side of the road, in the main building They are really not organised, and ask every day the poeple to know which bed are free...

10th Nov 2016

Everything was as described. Location was great as it was in the Fashion District so there were no street hawkers selling things to bother us. Basic facilities in common area and the room was small but nice and clean and had everything we needed.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
20th Oct 2016
4.9

Its a bit dark and dreary, and you nearly feel as cramped as the fish in their fish tank. Staff service was mixed, I found they were not always honest, telling me that drinking water could be found out on the street when in fact it was provided for free. They also said the reason a snoring woman was lying in my bed, was bc of a bed mix up, I later discovered that was not true. Location is good, but mainly for shopping such as European labels.

• gqchoo01114888
  • Malaysia, Female, 25-30
14th Oct 2016

Strategic location with easy access to MTR, eateries and stores. Staffs are very accommodating and helpful.

• England, Female, 31-40
4th Oct 2016
6.3

On arrival I was told I was staying in another building, separate from the hostel. I was taken down the road, and shown a 10 bed dorm. It was just a room with a shower. No community area, or kitchen, so difficult meeting anyone. Causeway is a nice area, but unfortunately the dormitory was just depressing.

3rd Oct 2016
4.6

"Please take notice that this premises, Patterson building is built and designed for private residential purposes. The hostel in the building is illegally operated in breach of the Deed of Mutual Covenant. The incorporated owners accept no liability whatsoever as to claim of injury or damage caused to the customer traveler, and may be denied entry to this building or prosecuted". That's a sign at the front entrance posted by the building owner. It was dirty, but the location was good.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Oct 2016
8.0

The place was easy to find if you follow the directions carefully! Fantastic location and value for money. They had lots of information about local tourist attractions and the common room was a great place to meet fellow travelers to sightsee with. I would definitely stay here again!

• Canada, Male, 41+
24th Sep 2016

I have been at the Hostel often over the years and for my needs I find it good value for the location. Usually I just need a simple place to sleep that is clean and safe. In fact I will be coming more often to Hong Kong over the next 10 months and hope to spend the nights there at one of your locations. My only complaint was finding you since the street number on your internet sight is not the same as on your business card.