Backpacker`s Hostel Iquique

Fabulous 759 Total Reviews
Fabulous 759 Total Reviews

15th Mar 2017
7.4

We enjoyed our stay here. The girl working early in the day doesn't seem to know much about the place and we saved all our questions for when Michaela (who is fantastic) was working. We enjoyed the sandboarding 'lesson' but we didn't receive any instruction and it was not worth 20,000 pesos. The kitchen is not very clean. Bathrooms are fine. The atmosphere here is great and the location is amazing, right on the beach.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
9th Mar 2017
7.4

Nice hostel except for the a) lack of bathrooms; and b) the state of them! Just gross. The English receptionist is super lovely but the girl during the day shift is sadly a bit of an airhead who needed to be asked thrice for every little thing. She also was completely unable to tell me where I could eat, even though the restaurants were around the corner... met some cool people, though, and location is gold.

2nd Mar 2017

Was abit sceptical due to some reviews. But this is a great hostel with great facilities right on the beach front. Has good social spaces around the hostel. Quietens down at night so you can have a good night sleep. Beds are new and super comfortable. Cleanliness could be improved but hard due to heavy foot traffic from the beach. Many flies in the kitchen. But staff do thier best.

• Brazil, Couple, 25-30
24th Feb 2017
7.4

The hostel's location is superb, only a few meters away from the beach. However, we felt that our private room could be better for the price we paid. There was no fan in the room, besides the fact that the nights were real hot. Also, there was no place were we could put our clothes (like a rack or something), so we had to improvise a little chair - what got real messy. The place could be cleaner. We would definitely come back, but we think this issues could be easily solved.

23rd Feb 2017
5.4

Seeing though this is the only hostel here. The location is great. Right next to the beach. The staff is super nice and helpful. The kitchen is really nice. But the showers could use some work. You can't shower unless you want to stand in a pond of water. The wifi doesn't really work upstairs.

• Finland, Male, 31-40
15th Feb 2017
6.0

I had booked myself self 3 nights in a dorm room. I checked out the 1st morning. Far too many people for the size of the facilities. This was my worst night during my six week trip staying in a dozen different hostels. Toilets, showers and room I stayed were filthy and stinky. Staff was really nice thou. I probably should have made a complaint while I was still there, but I was so pissed off in the morning that I couldn't start complaining fearing I would lose it (I am a really calm person)...

15th Feb 2017

Perfect location, less than a block from the beach! The staff is super friendly and let me hang out until my 1 am bus. Beds are comfy and there's a cute dog. Only downside is if you're looking for some serious rest, the hostel can be a little loud at night and can keep you up, otherwise amazing stay!

5th Feb 2017
6.9

Location is very good with a friendly atmosphere, just a block away from one of the best beaches in town. It was very unconvenient, however, that there were bed bugs in some of the beds in my room. Even though the hostel did a deep cleaning very shortly after being notified, it's something I would not expect out of a well-reviewed place. The sink of one of the main bathrooms remained clogged for 3 days.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017
7.1

Seems like the best option in Iquique. Great location, nice little roof area with sea views and good seating space. And showers and toilet are bit shoddy.

• foo_clara8850
  • Hong Kong, Female, 31-40
1st Feb 2017
8.0

its a very partyish hostel, gets quite noisy once its night, hard to sleep if you are not an easy sleeper. toilet is quite small and get dirty easily because people often shower after going to the nearby beach