Backpacker`s Hostel Iquique Reviews

Amunategui 2075, Iquique, Chile

The beds are comfy but the showers are cold! The staff are really nice and you can organise surf lessons from reception.

Amazing to have a duvet and place was very clean. Offered a great kitchen to allow you to save money and cook yourself. However the night life was none existent.

The hostel is nice, greate kitchen! But it closes at 22 and then you can't go inside there anymore.. The securetyguy at night is also really strikt, so if he does not like you, you can get fast in truble ore sendt to bed. But if you want ti sleep, no problem!

• 6th May 2015
  • Norway

Loved this hostel! Booked for a night, stayed three. The backyard is the beach and there are two little porches that overlook the beautiful ocean. Rooms are super nice with extra comfy beds. It's very clean and the staff is very helpful. The atmosphere is great. Loads of patio tables and hang spots, big kitchen for cooking, pool table, full bar, and attached is a coffee shop with the best coffee I've had so far in SA. I wouldn't recommend staying anywhere else for the price and location!

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. The dorm was clean and the beds really comfortable and good sized lockers. There are plenty of common areas to sit and meet other guests. As other people have commented the kitchen is a little underequipped for the number of guests but it was clean and tidy. Would definitely stay here again if I'm ever in Iquique.

The hostel is great: close to the beach, friendly staff, excellent coffee at the coffee place integrated in the hostel. The kitchen is very spacious and there is a big living room, as well as outside sitting facilities. I was allowed to sleep on the sofa when arriving early and also when leaving late - great! The supermarket is only 4 blocks away. I can highly recommend the hostel - one of the best places I have stayed so far.

We stayed here over my birthday and I had a really great time, we did paragliding which the hostel helped us book. The staff were friendly and there is a board of suggestions of things to do but I feel the hostel staff needs to advertise what's available more and get people together as you can feel at a loose end on iquique. Very well run hostel though and very clean, over all was a nice stay!

Great kitchen! Everything fine except for the very very loud music they play every night which can make sleeping quite difficult.

Fantastic location, but seemed to be cruising in neutral. Communal areas need to be sorted out, showers and toilets quite often smelt bad, kitchen not a bad size but nowhere near enough plates, bowls and general cutlery for the size of hostel, not enough fridge space either. Outside tables had loads of old food stuck between the surface planks and apart from the cafe, nowhere outside that clean. Rooms average, particularly in the newer section. Atmosphere seemed impersonal, though maybe our age.

I loved this hostel. Staff was amazing and it was seconds from the beach (you can hear the waves from your room). Go stay here!

Great hostel with amazing location right next to the beach, no food service but really good kitchen and supermarket just 5 mins away! Great view of the beach and sunset from the balcony at the top. Overall we loved this hostel

Backpackers hostel is a stones throw from the beach, really good location. We stayed in the ten bed dorm on the top floor, loads of space and great lockers for backpacks. The balcony and platform are great. No breakfast and only a few toilets were our only complaints. Great buzz at thks hostel, we wanted to stay longer!

Really nice place to chill out and relax for a few days. Really close to the beach but not much else, if you want to go to the main town you´re looking at a lengthy walk. The kitchen is large but as there are so many rooms it is always crowded and very difficult to cook as half the hobs dont seem to work and there aren´t many plates and bowls so you may be out of luck if other people are using them.

Definitely a party hostel. It could be difficult to get some good sleep. It's a fun vibe all around if you are ok with people drinking and smoking. Great lobby and hangout areas. We were allowed to store our luggage all day and hangout around the hostel and we had a bus trip at 1 AM.

We had a nice stay there.

I liked the hostel very much - in all aspects. But something that really stood out was the staff. In it's the first time, at hostel, that all the members of the staff that met really deserve all my compliments. I was really happy with this hostel.

Amazing hostel, great location (across the street from the beach), cool little cafe basically inside the hostel and great communal areas. Two thumbs up!!

Nice Beach, nice cafe. But you have to deposit 2000 CLP for the room key - and if you checkout before 8 in the morning there's nobody at the reception and they just keep the depost - that's what I didn't like!

• 31st Jan 2015

Good hostel, got everything to make a stay pleasant. Beds were ok as expected, the outside area was great, lots of people, nice coffee bar. Totally will go back there

Nice hostel and atmosphere. Dorms are quite tiny (3-bunk beds), privates are big. Can be noisy at times, not too many bathrooms. Security and location are quite good. Worst thing and a bit of a no-go are the closing times of the kitchen between 11pm and 8am. Especially when you do tours, you might not even be able to access your food before you leave, because the kitchen might be locked.