Backpacker`s Hostel Iquique Reviews

Amunategui 2075, Iquique, Chile

We stayed in the 5 bed female dorm and overall our stay was really good. The staff was helpful and friendly. The kitchen is one of the best I've seen in hostels with lots of space to store food and cook. The hostel was very clean and I enjoyed the set up with tons of space to meet new folks. The only downside is that the bathrooms are very small and there's not much space near the sink. It's annoying but not a huge deal. It's also right next to the beach which is awesome! Recommended.

Extremely close to the beach Arrived in the middle of the night and let me sleep on the cough until check-in and helped me with exact change for taxi which didn't have change (yeah, right...)

Very nice hostel! The location is great and the staff were very helpful and fun to talk to! Had a great time there and the owner helped me to find money when my bank cards weren't working. Thanks for a great week in an amazing city!

Excellent stay!! As usual... Nothing to say, just thanks to the backpacker's team!! I'll be back!!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great communal areas and fantastic kitchen, location is great andf staff is lovely. We had a great time there and I would recommend it to everyone.

Nice hostel, very close to the beach. A bit of a walk from the bus station but doable. Beds were fine, lockers in the room were good. Bathroom was a little small and not always hot showers. Wifi was good. Bar area and outside seating is very nice. Staff were nice but didn't seem totally sure what they were doing, my boyfriend and I who booked together ended up in separate dorm rooms but that was fine for a few nights. Overall nice place, would recommend.

Nice and clean place next to the beach. The neighborhood can be loud. The private room are very small.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Great location, really helpful staff and well equipped kitchen. Beds were comfy. Only downfalls were there was no breakfast provided and we thought it was relatively expensive compared to other hostels that include breakfast, there was no hot water (although we didn't mind cold showers but others might!) and there wasn't enough lockers for everyone in the room to have one. Overall a good stay though, would recommend!

All around great hostal and amazing location right next to the beach! My wife and I are a little older than many of the beach bunnies & backpackers who typically stay here so we got our own private ensuite + bathroom. We were quite surprise by how clean & nice the bathroom was! Notably, due to its central location, the place is loud (even with all the windows closed), so bring ear-plugs if you're a sensitive sleeper. Also, MARIA is the absolute BEST! Awesome staffer & sandboarding teacher!!

Best hostel and town I've stayed in in 4 months of travelling! Get there now! And take a bodyboard!

One of the best atmosphere ever felt in a hostel

Just next to the main-beach of Iquique this hostel is relaxed. The dorm is spacious with lockers for everyone. Enough bathrooms and shower (clean, got only luck-warm water). The common room is big with some space outside and there even is a little cafe/bar for snacks and drinks. Wifi is fast and stable (as long as not everybody is using it). The staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurants are a bit of a walk away but there's shops and a supermarket nearby. I recommend this place for Iquique.

The location is perfect if you want to spend time at the beach, it´s just steps away. We could hear the waves crashing in our room, which was amazing. The double rooms have huge beds and our bright, airy room even had a balcony (overlooking the roof next door but still so fun to have private outdoor space). The Wifi works great, there are awesome common areas and lots of chill people and a cute dog. The kitchen is very busy, but still functions and gets a deep cleaning every morning.

Very clean, great location, good cafe attached too. Staff was friendly and helpful. Very vibe, big kitchen and really great common area too.

Great location if you want to hang out on the beach, it's literally right across the street. Bit of a walk to find a street with lots of restaurants but there are some random ones close by too. Nice staff and great views of the beach on several balconies.

the staff are amazingly helpful! really close to the beach and beautiful facilities! ! best kitchen and comfiest blankets ive ever seen in a hostel!

• 26th Oct 2015

Maria is fantastic - so helpful and sandboarding is really fun and chilled. Hostel is very clean and set out well, great facilities. Nice atmosphere. Laundry took a long time though. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms clean. No breakfast and although there's a cafe attached it's expensive.

Beds were really comfy. Showers were cold and in same room as toilet so was a bit gross. Staff were never in reception and felt like you were bugging them when you asked them advice. Cafe next door which is great. Wifi is good in the reception area. Amazing location so close to beach

Absolutely loved this hostel. Steps from the beach, beautiful building, very clean. The staff was great and the vibe was really cool-- very laid back, everyone hangs out at night around the pool table, tiki bar & outdoor tables. Can't say enough good things, we had the best time!

We stayed at Backpackers' for three nights and had an awesome time! The staff is really friendly, everything is clean and the atmosphere was very chilled. It's also right next to the beach! Can highly recommend it.

• 13th Oct 2015