Fabulous 639 Total Reviews
Fabulous 639 Total Reviews
Backpacker`s Hostel Iquique Located at Amunategui 2075, , Iquique.
Chile
Iquique Amunategui 2075
86% 639
-20.2284555 -70.1472557
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 25-30
6.6

We had a decent stay, we were only there for one night. Kitchen is good and showers are really hot. If you stay, make sure you're on the 3rd floor. Some people we met were on the 2nd right above the bar. The owner came back at 5am, steaming drunk, opened the bar and blasted the music. Staff were too afraid the next day to wake him so the couple could discuss this with him. They just refunded them the money for the extra nights they were going to stay. Not the right way to run a hostel.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Aug 2016

A really lovely hostel to stay in. It had all of the comforts you would want; a great kitchen, good wifi, bright spacious dorms, multiple communal areas. The location is perfect - right next to the beach. When I was there the vibe was quite chilled, I suppose it is more of a party hostel when it is busier. Appreciated that staff let me sleep on the couch when I arrived at 4am. I ended up spending an entire week here, would definitely stay again.

7.4

Facilities were great. Pool & ping pong table, great outdoor area plus a little spot on the roof where you can you be for yourself (hopefully). The night man in the reception was nice but very confused and had no idea what he was doing. Not a person that helps the first impression. Also the owner (manager?) got really drunk the night I was there and stumbled home when everyone had woken up. Fortunately I was on the top floor so didn't hear the noise he & his friends were making.

• England, Couple, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016
8.0

Such a cool hostel located right on the beach...the bar is cool and there is a great terrace at the front. We only stayed one night but would definitely return

• France, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2016

We really loved our stay at the hostel mainly because of the amazing location!! Literally less than a block from the beach, we were so impressed! The common areas were so cozy as well, we loved the outdoor terrace and the kitchen was really well-equipped and practical. The lows of our stay: our en-suite bathroom wasn’t completely clean when we arrived, breakfast isn’t included (which it really should be considering the price we paid for the room!), and you have to pay to use the luggage room :(

27th Jul 2016

Good location near the beach. Great kitchen although a bit annoying that it closes. I stayed during the winter so was a bit quieter but good atmosphere. Pool table and outside area were nice.

• England, Male, 18-24
27th Jul 2016

Great place to stay. Very close to the coast. Staff were friendly (though when we had to get a taxi for our bus they disappeared), just returning in time. The place itself has a great pool table, entertainment room, kitchen, etc. Showers are intermittently hot and cold. But on th whole a good place. Iquique itself is a very welcoming and enjoyable place

26th Jul 2016

Great place to stay. Great location and staff.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2016
7.7

I slept at the 3rd floor in this hostel where I had a great view over the sea. There are many facilities like two bars (to buy breakfast or drinks) and stuff to entertain yourself, also PCs are available and a television to watch a movie with your friends. When I arrived the girl at the reception wasn't very nice; seemed like she had to explain me things in a rush and so she didn't tell me about the lockers or which one I could use. Other staff was really nice; open for conversations and help.

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

Right next to the beach good location, only bad thing was the showers were always cold for me. Staff were really helpful and nice