Backpackers Hostel K's House Hiroshima Reviews

1-8-9, Matoba-cho, Minami-ku, Hiroshima city, Japa, Hiroshima, Japan

Fantastic hostel!

K's House Hiroshima was perfect. They have huge drawers to store your luggage, everything thing felt very nice and clean, everything smelled nice. The staff were great. And the location was great. This place really exceeded my expectations, If I'm ever back in Hiroshima I would definitely stay there again!

• 7th Aug 2014

I have been very impressed by the kitchen and the availability of the staff. This is definitely a great place to stay and I will try K's again. I was sad not to be able to stay longer. If you book, book in advance and for quite some nights if you want to stay in Hiroshima.

Very nice hostel and staff!

The host was fabulous, friendly & accommodating! We were exhausted after climbing mount fuji & this was the perfect place to crash & sleep until hopping on our train back to Tokyo. Typical Japanese style mattresses on the floor (not the most fluffy, comfortable things in the world but they were clean & did the job). Only one shower, so not ideal as we had to take turns but no big deal. Good value for the money & literally, he was the nicest guy ever so I'd go back just for that!

Super clean and modern hostel. Great A/C in the hot summer. Nice location was a short trolley to all of the sites. Very close to the Baseball Stadium!

Very clean hostel and good stuff. One of the roommate wanted to turn down the air-conditioner like crazy which frozen me, but that is not a fault of the hostel. I would say this is one of the best hostel I have every stayed.

Very very clean and cozy hostel. Washlet, showers, wifi, quite big rooms. Appreciated a lot!

Had an awesome time staying at this hostel, we had a taco party and the staff made everyone feel at home. I highly recommend this place. It is easy to get to from the train station and the staff were very helpful, no complaints. They even give you a free lock for your belongings.

We stayed two nights. Great location, great interior. The suggested outings were good for popular sites like the floating but more information on some of the other day trip activities would have been very useful.

I had a wonderful stay at Akari. Many people are often times used to five star hotel experiences, but when in another country, you just take what is offered. A hostel is a cozy, comfortable atmosphere, and a place to stay, so if you are expecting a place to be The Ritz, you will be disappointed. Akari was a very nice little hostel for the money, and it is fairly near the big tourist spots if you catch a tram toward town, which is very inexpensive. It's also right near the Nagasaki Station. :)

• 26th Jul 2014

The K's hostel @ Hiroshima is slightly older than the one at Kyoto, and hence, there are limited toilets & shower rooms. Also, the space in the hostel (not just the rooms) is slightly cramped, and even the toilet fittings/doors/other infrastructure is slightly old, and can be looked at being upgraded. However, what this hostel lacks in facilities/infrastructure, it more than makes up for it due to the fantastic staff & the accessible location! Overall 4 (out of 5) stars :-)

I found a cockroach in the shower.

I had a private room and was perfectly happy with it. This was the first Western-style hostel I'd stayed at in Japan. The staff were helpful but, unlike many of the ryokan-style places, weren't there to hang out with you. Really, this was a cheap hotel with a kitchen. It was a good place to stay and I'll stay at other K's locations in the future.

Super close to Train station! Trolley station to Peace Memorial Museum and A-Dome monument is a 1min walk from hostel and takes 10min to get to by Trolley. Restaurants around hostel are yummy and very reasonably priced. Free Wifi, nice common area, very clean kitchen and bathrooms. My only complaint would be that my 4 bedroom room was very small with hardly room for luggage and top bunk was difficult to get in and out of. Would not hesitate to stay here again

Great facility. Wonderful bathrooms and 2nd floor lounge. Bikes for rent for $7 a day. Only thing I didn't like was a group held a conference and took over the lounge twice while I was trying eat meals in the lounge.

The hostel is nice and clean, lots of information about the area and the staff are really nice and helpful. The rooms are pretty big so there is lots of space for luggage etc. No curtains on the beds so you don't have much privacy but other than that, it's more than enough. The only thing is location, it's about 10 minute walk to the station which is fine without luggage but dragging suitcases/backpacks around is a bit troublesome. We'd recommend taking the tram which stops right near the hostel

Great hostel, nice and clean with helpful staff.

The japanese style rooms came as a not so welcome surprise. We could not see on hostelworld.com Thatcher We booked a japanese style room

K's House is definitely a place you want to stay in, whatever is the city you're planning to visit. It' is so clean, the staff is especially nice, everything go smooth !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6