Backpackers Hostel K's House Tokyo Reviews

20-10, Kuramae 3-chome, Taitou-ku, Tokyo, Japan

There is nothing bad thing to say. I really liked the atmosphere of this hostel. Staff are very helpful. Open feeling of the common room.

Thank you very much for your positive comments. It is really happy to hear that you liked our atmosphere. Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future!

It's really a good place where easy to communicate with other people. I felt so comfortable to stay there just like at home.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • queena620
  • Taiwan

Thank you very much for your warm comments. We always wait for you like your home away from home :-)

5 person dorm a bit crowded. Not very much space for luggage. In the Kyoto hostel there are large under-bed drawers to store luggage. Not very many toilets either, it can get busy at peak times. I understand that space is limited, overall the stay was very pleasant.

If you're okay with staying in West Tokyo, this place is very recommendable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, there were tons of recommendations for activities and restaurants in the vicinity, the rooms and facilities were clean.

• 24th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. There are lots of interesting activities in West Tokyo such as Asakusa, Ueno, Tokyo Sky Tree, Akihabara, etc. You can also access to East side of Tokyo in 30 minutes approximately by subway as well. Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future!

Stayed here for four nights. The 1st in a 5 bed female dorm which was great. Had its own toilet and basin. Then moved to a double which shared all facilities. Both were very clean and well maintained. Staff very helpful. Easy to meet people there and arrange dinner and trips out together if you want. Also good as a solo traveler if you just want to do your own thing. Excellent location and easy to find. Would return

Thank you very much for your specific review! It is always nice to meet people around the world and share new experience together. We look forward to welcoming you again!

I would say that my survey above is for K's Hostel Tokyo Oasis, which I finally stayed for a night. Because last minute, my sister traveled with me to Japan. Since my booking originally for K House Tokyo was for a single person in female dorm, due to no vancancy, the staff there helped me to find a replacement for a private room for 2 at K House Tokyo Oasis. My sister and I were grateful for the staff going that extra mile, before leaving for our home countries next morning. Thanks. June Han

• 22nd Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. It was a shame that you were not able to stay with us, but we are happy to hear you had a great time in K's House Tokyo Oasis. K's House Tokyo and Oasis have different atmospheres but both of staff are helpful and friendly. Please Come back and stay at K's House Tokyo next time!

Great as always! I always try to stay at a Ks House location.

Thank you very much for rating us 100%! You are always welcome back to stay with us or even any other K's Houses. We are your home away from home!

Exellent hostel. Staff was very helpfull and friendly. Rooms where spotless, showers and toilets also! Had a great time as the common room is a really nice place to hang out. Near a few subway stations so a very good location. Would definitely go there again!

Thank you very much for your comments and rating us 100% :-) It is always nice to relax and exchange your experience with other guest in the common area after your adventure in the big city, Tokyo. We look forward to welcoming you again sometime in the future!

Perfect Hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Thanks.

Thank you very much for your comments and rating us 100% :-) Arigatou!! We look forward to welcoming you again!

This is my second time to stay at K's House Tokyo, I like it!! It's cheap and comfortable though the free space of room is really small. Besides, the staff are also very nice. I'll go back and stay someday~

Thank you very much for your review! Japan is not that far from Taiwan, so we look forward to welcoming you again sometime in near future :)

Security was great would recommend you to bring your own lock for the lockers so you don't have to rent one. Location was near another hostel which I love called Nui. Nui has a bar as its lower level which as a great atmosphere and good drinks with friendly staff. Anyway about K's House its really close to the station which is great takes literally 20 seconds from the nearest exit. Very clean, probably the cleanest hostel I have ever been too. If your staying around Asakusa this is the place.

• 17th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. We always recommend the bar, Nui since we ourselves go there for drinks after work ;-) We keep doing our best to welcome guest with big smiles and cleanliness!

Some of the other K's have better bicycles. The ones at Fuji were 3-speed beaters, in not very good shape. The small frame 8-speed bikes they have at Takayama and Ito Onsen would be a good fit at Fuji. Also, helmet rental at all the K's with bikes would be a welcome addition. Normally, I won't bike without a helmet, especially not on the wrong (for me) side of the road in an unfamiliar location, but I had no room in my suitcase for my helmet, and I didn't want to miss the opportunity.

Thank you very much for your comments and sharing your idea! We will let the other K's Houses know about it. Unfortunately, we do not offer any rental bikes at K's House Tokyo. However, there is a rental bike shop nearby, so please enjoy cycling in Tokyo next time!

Without a doubt the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. If all Hostels in Japan are as nice as K's House then I am surprised anyone stays anywhere else! Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms and facilities were all clean and well kept, with 2 plugs and a light on each bed (A godsend which I had, not two weeks before, been thinking that every hostel in the world ought to have!), inexpensive but efficient laundry, secure doors, communal area was very pleasant, I can't fault a thing!!

• 12th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and rating us 100%! We are happy to be the nicest hostel ever in your life :-) We look forward to welcoming you again!

I stayed here back in 2010 and loved it. So this trip I did not even consider any other place. I had to change rooms a couple of times because one bed was not available for my entire stay but it was worth it. I will definitely stay at Ks House on my next trip.

Thank you very much for coming back and staying with us again! We hope you love K's House much more than last time! You are always welcome back ;-)

Great location, friendly and helpful staff

• 11th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you very much ! We will keep doing our best for the guests !!!!

Lively hostel, so it is a good place to meet fellow backpackers. Good value for money, and in a good district. If you want some where quiet, though, this isnt the place as its always full of backpackers coming and going at all hours. Beds could use a curtain, but other than that it was great :)

Thank you very much for your review !! We hope you had a good encounter here !!!

Still one of the best hostels. Professional staff, efficient, clean. Because of its size and the amount of guests they receive it lacks some atmosphere. But a perfect place to explore Tokyo.

Thank you very much for your clear comments. It is really sad not to have enough time to talk with guest in the busiest seasons. However, we are always here to help and chat :-) Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future!

The hostel was perfect and the staff were very helpful and polite. I would like to stay there again in the future. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the perfect comments! We are really happy that we could help making your stay in Tokyo perfect :-) We look forward to welcoming you again!

Staff was amazing! Sooo helpful! Great free drinks night! Great time, thanks !

• 9th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your comments! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our weekly event, Free Drink Night. Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future!

Stayed here four nights over a week span and thought it was a quality hostel. What sets it apart is it's hard working and friendly staff. Top notch. Good place to meet other travelers as well and conveniently located right next to the subway. I will stay there again if/when I come back.

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are really happy to be called "hard working staff" :-) We look forward to welcoming you again!