Backpackers Hostel K's House Tokyo Reviews

20-10, Kuramae 3-chome, Taitou-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Staff was very friendly and helpful

• 27th Apr 2014

Thank you very much for leaving the review. We love helping guests as much as eating Sushi! Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future.

Best Staff ever! Thanks a Lot for a wonderful time.

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We were really happy to help your time in Tokyo enjoyable. Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future.

Apology that my note was unclear about my check out date, however appreciated for refunding.

A good place to stay in Tokyo and in a good location. The staff were very helpful. Many thanks!

Thank you very much for the review! We are really happy that we helped you to make your adventure in Tokyo amazing :) Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future!

Its a bit far from Shibuya, Shinjuku and Harajuku but its right next to a metro stop which is very good. Staff was great, everything was clean, really cool common room and plenty of suggestion post its on the wall if you're not sure what to do, also the staff will be more than happy to help you out if anything!

Thank you very much for your review. We keep updating our information board, so you never get bored in Tokyo! We hope to see you again :)

I had the best of times, staying there!! The staff is so nice and friendly, I totally felt at home! The common areas are great (met awesome folks everyday), the location is very good (close to subway, with 2 different metro lines + next to convenience store)... Also it's very clean and they have awesome sofas ;) One of the best hostels I've stayed in!!

Thank you very much for rating us 100% :) It is always nice for solo traveler to meet other people to share some information, and we always try to make it easier. You are welcome back to stay with us anytime!

great hostal. this is my second time staying at this place. great staff. nice area of the city, handy to transport

Thank you very much for your review. We were really happy to welcome you again!! We are looking forward to seeing you sometime soon :)

An excellent hostel, with clean modern facilities, near the subway. The elevator and roof deck are nice amenities. There were a mix of young and older guests. Recommended for older travellers who might feel out of place at a party hostel.

Thank you very much for your review and rating us 100%! Yes, men & women of all ages are welcome to stay with us! Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future.

Really liked the hostel. Cool atmosphere and a nice place to meet new people. Big common room, and really nice that you could make your own food in the kitchen. Close to the subway, but sometimes a bit far to travel to some of the attractions. Nice neighborhood. The only negative thing to say was that there should have been bigger lockers to keep your luggage safe and that one time one of the other persons living in the room did not lock the door when he/she left so it was open when I got back.

Thank you very much for your review. We enjoyed seeing you and your friends were preparing for breakfast together every morning. The meals smelled really good! We have small security lockers for valuables in the common lounge and the corridors. Rental padlocks are available at reception, so please feel free to ask for it. We look forward to welcoming you again!

I like the arrangement of the common room on he ground floor, with everthing conigured in a nice way, the sofa, kitchen ware, etc. The room, bathroom, toliet are ver clean. The rule of locking the front door after 10:00pm makes me feel safe. Location is good for transporting by subway and 7-11 store is just outside the house.

Thank you very much for rating us 100% :) Yes, our common room is not too big but not too small. It is the perfect size to relax after your adventure around the city and meet other people. Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future!

Got very disappointed as this hostel is not as good as I've heard. Only one out of three staff I've talked with was polite and helpful. The other two were unfriendly, or honestly, they were rude. The hostel was busy and always had people coming in and out but still, I think it lacked atmosphere, or in brief, I felt less like being home then staying in a hotel. That was the worst stay of my two-week trip in Japan.

We cannot imagine how did we make you feel like that. However, first we will remember the spirit that we started with, and try doing it again from the small basic things. Thank you.

The staff and atmosphere in this hostel were great. The staff served drinks and there was a little party in the common area the night we stayed here. The hostel's location is not exceptional, but not terrible either.

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to here that you enjoyed our event, Free Drink Night! We also have another event, Sushi Roll Experience once a month. You can learn how to make Sushi and eat Sushi as much as you can. Please come back to make Sushi and see more Japan sometime in the future!

Excellent staff! Perfect location! When I arrived at 22:20, there were no slippers available, that´s bad if going to the loo. Contrary to many other hostels, the dorms here have no window curtains, nor a bed curtain, so zero privacy. The showers don´t ventilate well, I came out sweating. The living room and kitchen are great.

Thank you very much for your opinion! We will try to do our best for making improvements to our hostel! We will look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Friendly staff that are willing to go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay in Tokyo. Well located. clean. a good, friendly atmosphere. K's House is a great place to stay when in Tokyo. No wonder it's so popular. Will definitely stay here again.

• 8th Apr 2014

Thank you very much for the amazing review! We were really happy to see you enjoying your adventure in Tokyo. You are always welcome back to stay with us :)

Very helpful staff, dorm room got hot and humid but the rest of the hostel was decent with a good communal space

Thank you very much for the review. The common area is actually our favorite place as well! Hope you enjoyed cherry blossoms all over Tokyo. Please come back to see more Japan sometime in the future.

The location was excellent and the room was nice and tidy. there was common room that everyone enjoying there and make conversation. the staff was helpful.

Thank you very much for your review . We are glad to hear your impression !! Yes, we think our common room is the best place to meet people and make conversation !!! We are looking forward to seeing you again !

This was the best hostel I stayed in Tokyo, and one of the best during my whole trip. The hostel is decorated very nicely and the common area / kitchen is clean, spacious and friendly. I got into multiple conversations with strangers (mainly solo and couples). Bathroom is fine. Friendly staff, and there is a convenience store about 10 seconds walk away. Would absolutely recommend and would stay here again if I return to Tokyo.

Thank you very much for the perfect review. It is a great honor that you said we are the best in Tokyo! You are always welcome back to stay with us :)

Good hostel with a friendly vibe. Staff are great and helpful. No problem with toilets or showers. Each room has its own toilet plus there are extras on each floor. There was a funny smell in my room on the top floor. Not sure what it was as everything was pretty clean. Location is a bit far away from the main action, but all places in this price range seem to be in this area. No lockers in the rooms but there's small lockers available downstairs. Overall, great value for money.

Thank you very much for writing the review. Yes, we are close to subway Kuramae station, and it is quite easy to get to most of main spots in Tokyo within 30 minutes by subway. We look forward to welcoming you sometime again!

Great spot located next to Asakusa/Ueno/Ginza. A 30ish min ride to Shinjuku/Shibuya - a bit hard to get back at night since the last train is around 12 am. Great atmosphere and facilities were clean/safe. Rooms were perfectly sized for two people.

Thank you very much for writing the review.YES! Luckily, we are 1 minute away from Kuramae subway station, so it is quite easy to go and look around Tokyo by subway. You are always welcome back to stay with us!

Im still very happy about my choice staying there. It was awesome. The ppl are awesome, too. The staff is very attentive and friendly.

Thank you very much for leaving the review! We are really happy you liked your stay with us. You are always welcome to stay with us when you come back to Tokyo next time!