Backpackers Hostel K's House Tokyo Reviews

20-10, Kuramae 3-chome, Taitou-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Day shift staff Masa is the best thing abt K's: helpful and v friendly. But night shift staff is lazy, couldn't care less if ur wifi is disconnected or not. The male staff Kane something. Does a lot of smoking break during work hours and does nothing to help travelers. Hostel located on the more expensive metro line, be prepared to pay 40% more on transportation if u stay here. Clean dorms and common room. Kitchen area is good. Free coffee, tea and shower gel, shampoo.

The room and bathrooms were always very clean. The kitchen and sitting area was nice and it was a nice touch to have complimentary tea and coffee available. I stayed in a 5 bed dorm which felt a little bit cramped as there wasn't really much room for our luggage. It would also be nice to have lockers in or near to the room. Overall though, one of the best hostels I have stayed in. I also really liked the neighbourhood where the hostel is and found it very convenient for the metro.

• 9th Mar 2015

Thank you very much for your nice review! Yes we are always welcome you with free tea and coffee and big smiles!As to the room that you mentioned,we have a luggage room here.So please ask us next time if you like!There are security lockers on 1st,2nd 3rd floors as well! We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future!Have a lovely day!

I really enjoyed my stay at K´s House Tokyo! The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The hostel provieds nice and clean facilities, many tipps about what to see and where to go plus there´s a very nice and comfortable atmosphere. The location is also pretty good - Skytree and Asakusa within walking distance and only a few steps away from the subway. The only downside were the pretty small dorms.

Thank you very much for such a lovely comment! We are very happy that you enjoyed staying here! Yes we like to help our guests to make their trip more fun!It was pleasure to have you at K's.Please come back anytime since we are home away from your home!

Its minutes away from the nearest subway, clean facilities, and great bilingual staff. I'll be back :-)

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Japan

We appreciate your comment. It's nice to hear that you liked staying here with us! That would be great if you can come back here again! We are always looking forward to welcoming you! See you next time :)

feel like home at K house. Staff are very helpful. very clean and convenience.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

Thank you very much for your lovely comment! We are very happy to have you here!Please come back anytime since here is your second home in Japan! Have a beautiful day!

I recently stayed at Ks house and I really enjoyed myself! I had a great time hanging out with everyone! Everything was super clean and The staff was all super nice and i thought everything was pretty great! My only word to the wise is that it isn't very central to anything fun or interesting other than the big temple. (Which is totally awesome, just not everyday.)

Thank you very much for your review! We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with other guests. We are actually located in central Tokyo. Tokyo is just really BIG!! There are an electric town Akihabara, Sky Tree, and lots of museums and a nice park in Ueno, and you can get to all of them by foot from K's House Tokyo. We look forward to welcoming you sometime in the future :-)

Small and friendly in Asakusa, my favorite neighbourhood for it´s popular, old time Tokyo atmosphere. Not trendy, not craxy, just friendly! Thanks to all the staff for making me feel like comming back home every time! You'll see me again!

Thank you very very much for your heart-warming comments! We are your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you again with big smiles :-)

Great hostel-very conveniently located close to two of the Metro lines. Rooms and facilities were very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

Thank you very much for your lovely review !! We are always ready to welcome you to be back here !!!!

Staff are friendly and hostel is close to metro station!

Thank you very much for your comment. We wish you can stay longer with us next time ! See you soon !!

Solo traveller, stayed 2 nights. Very nice hostel couldn't be closer to Kurmae station which made it very easy to get to from Haneda Airport. Staff were very helpful. Relaxed vibe on the common area people keeping mostly to themselves. Did make a couple of friends. Head upto the Rooftop for a good place to have a beer and a smoke

We are happy to hear that you made a couple of friends here ! It is rather proud of common area and roof top for us !! Please come back someday again to be relaxed !!

Had an amazing time at this hostel. Staff was great. Great common room. The staff provided free sake our first night to everyone in the common room. It was a great place to meet new people. Nice clean bathrooms and dorm rooms. I highly recommend this place. Thanks for a great stay.

It was nice to have you guys staying with us here at K's House Tokyo! We're glad to hear that you liked our sake! Hope you enjoyed your time here, and we're looking forward to seeing you guys again! Thank you!

Great place to stay regular Wednesday drinking night which is free and other events which they have check them out on facebook. Laundry however isn't 24/7 so plan in advance and fridges and food storage is usually quite filled, Wifi doesn't work so well in most rooms forcing you out into the main areas which isn't so bad.

It was nice to meeting you here. We are checking the connection of Wi-fi everyday, but please let us know if you feel any inconvenience while your staying. We will promise to do our best for your comfortable stay. Please come back again on Wednesday to join the Free Drink Night !!!

Amazing place. Loved staying here. The staff were so friendly and helpful, especially when I lost my phone! The kitchen was a little small for so many people staying there and cooking, but there was tons of fridge space. Also the window in our room was behind a bunk bed; I couldnt reach the blinds unless I got on the bottom bed (but it wasnt mine so I didnt). It was a little hard to sleep with the bright light, even using an eye mask. But this is a really small issue. Overall it was fantastic.

Thank you very much for rating us 100% !!! We will try to improve about some of your suggestion !! We are looking forward to seeing you again !!!!!

Great! No complaints about the hostel!

Thank you for your comment. That's what we wanted to hear! Hopefully, you get to come visit Tokyo, and stay with us again! We'll see you again!

Was nice and clean, hostel was in a good location and right near the subway station, had very helpful staff. You would be wise to stay here.

Thank you very much !! We always like to help our guests !! Please come back again !!

Pros: lockers in rooms, nice common room, 7 min walk to subway station Kuramae, decent restaurants nearby Cons: cramped for space (even by japanese standards), Overall: had a good stay here. everything you need. met some nice folks.

Thanks for your feedback. It's always nice to hear both pros and cons about staying here. More importantly, we are happy that you had a great stay here and met some nice people! We'll try our best to improve more, and would like you guys to come back again. Cheers!

The staff here are so lovely! They offered tea on arrival and were so helpful to me. The location is less than 2 minutes walk from the subway too which was ideal. Comfy beds, amazing staff and great location. I was sad to leave!

Thank you very much for your lovely comments! We are happy to hear you liked our welcome Japanese tea on your arrival. We were sad to see you leaving! We are always here to welcome you again!

Great staff. Wonderful place to stay. I felt completely comfortable there.

• 11th Feb 2015

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope you felt like you were at home in K's House after you walked around this big city, Tokyo. We hope to see you back in Tokyo sometime in the future :-)

Absolutely superb place to stay in Tokyo. The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. Facilities top notch and ultra modern. On the back of this I stayed in the Mt.Fuji, Kyoto and Hiroshima branches too, which were all amazing. Gone further South now which means no more K's houses and honestly, it makes me sad! I've been travelling around South East Asia for a good 6 months and these hostels out do even some of the hotels I've stayed in. Don't miss out, book now!!

We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in K's Houses not only in Tokyo but also Mt. Fuji, Kyoto, and Hiroshima! We have more in Hakuba, Ito Onsen, Takayama, etc, so please come back to keep K's Housing in Japan ;-)

my 3rd visit and ill be back.

• 10th Feb 2015

Thank you very much for your review and coming back to stay with us! It is one of the best things to welcome guests who stayed here before :-) We look forward to having you for 4th time!!