Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Boston is a pricey city- anyone expecting to stay there can expect to pay an arm and a leg. But Backpackers provides an economical solution. Located 10 minutes away from Downtown Boston by subway, with a shuttle service provided to the nearest T and bus station. It's located in a residential neighbourhood providing ample quiet for the night when we need our moments of sleep. The staff is friendly and hard-working and have been nothing but cordial and nice to me in my 11 day stay here.

• 20th Nov 2015

Backpackers hostel is an ideal hostel for anyone planning to travel to Boston . The hostel provides a parking lot , which is good for anyone traveling by car . Although the hostel is in a residential neighborhood outside of Boston they provide Shuttle bus service to the train / bus station which is only a few short stops from the heart of Boston . The staff are all so friendly and hardworking . They have a pub , which is not really a pub they do have some beers and drinks though.

• 20th Nov 2015

A little pricey for what it is, but Boston is a pretty pricey city for lodging as it is. Little ways from the city center, but not too hard to get there via public transport. Closest bus stop is less than a five minute walk or they'll give you a ride to the station. Facilities are pretty nice, I'd still probably stay here again if I were looking for Boston's idea of a budget

Everything was perfect ! It is a very inviting hostel and the staff was very humble. I had a very good time there and would definitely recommend it to everybody. If I'll return to Boston some day, I'm positive about staying there again.

• 7th Nov 2015

Very "strange" crowd...backpackers were definitely a minority. Full of older people. Beds quite uncomfortable. Breakfast was, quite frankly, a joke. Cheap toast, with butter and jam. Coffee. Thats about it. No fruits, no joghurt. One younger staff member was very friendly. The older staff members seemed a bit grumpy at times. Location very poor, but I suppose the shuttle services somehow makes things better. Overall, definitely overpriced, although price levels in Boston are very high.

• 6th Nov 2015

As the weather gets colder the guests change from tourists to more local individuals. Our business mode also changes as we work with some local churches and help out some persons less fortunate than others. Not many tourists come to Boston in the winter and rather than leave the hostel empty we feel housing some of those is the right thing to do. You were here during that transition period which is about 3 weeks. The hostel closes from Nov to March. Thanks for the review

Great stay. Had a blast with some locals and some foreigners. The driver Wayne was running for office on the day i left and he still gave me a ride. He had a three step fold in his pocket handkerchief. I think he will take the area three steps in the proper direction. I hope he won the election. I would stay at backpackers again for sure. I even got a shirt from Gus and a memory of hilarity from some local kid that loves toast.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Great place ! Friendly staff.

• 30th Oct 2015

I am new to the Boston area and new to using hostel services so Back packers was a pleasant suprise. I lucked up and came across their site after viewing another hotel that i was not happy with. I have nothing but good things to say about the whole staff at back packers. On my first day the staff was helpful to me being I got lost and they stayed on the phone and helped me find their location. That is just one example of how helpful and kind the staff at backpackers are. To sum it up its my new

• 29th Oct 2015

Bathrooms need to be clean more often, sometime poor supplys on them, in general things look wear off.

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

its a shame when someone checks in after 11pm at night and leaves early in the morning and leaves a shitty review. They really don't get the chance to see all the services we offer and how hard all our staff works to make sure our guests enjoy Backpackers and Boston in general. Our bathrooms are cleaned continuously throughout the day, not in the middle of the night as to disturb people who are sleeping. thanks for the review

Staff is very friendly and will pick you up from Wellington station for free when you call them. As well their shuttle takes you every 30 minutes from the hostel to Wellington station. Nevertheless 44 USD per night (including tax) is way too much for a 8 bed dorm and a hostel located that far away from the city center. Great was that they had 3 computers with internet for free use. Free wifi was also working very well. Breakfast was standard (tea/coffee and toasted bread with jam/peanut butter).

The only good thing about this hostel was the staff who were lovely. Other than that the hostel was very disappointing... It is very far from Boston city, extremely overpriced, breakfast was standard, bed sheets had questionable stains ALL over and the rooms really weren't up to standard. The rooms may have been pricey because I booked last minute but the service should have been better.

• 28th Oct 2015

Hostel was good enough, just nowhere near the value of what was being charged per night given how far out of the city it was.

Backpackers = value. It's cheap because it's located farther from the downtown area than you're probably hoping. However, the subway is super easy to use and the hostel offers a free shuttle to/from the station every 30 min in the morning starting at 8am and on demand in the evenings as late as 11 or 12. Total time to Downtown Crossing: ~30 minutes. Entire staff is terrifically friendly and helpful. All do their best to accommodate, and the check-in/check-out processes are as easy as can be.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Staff are very friendly temperature in the room was either freezing or boiling. Very thin blanket bathroom sink would easily flood mattresses very hard Wellington station takes a while to get to on the subway from downtown.. they pick you up on shuttle but you have to call them from your cellphone which might cost you money. They don't always pick up the phone when you call. If this place was super cheap i would stay there again to save money, but it's not even that cheap

• 23rd Oct 2015

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay here! The staff were great- especially Wayne, the shuttle driver. He totally made the trip for us with his banter in the van.

The hostel was prefect and exactly what i wanted in terms of a long weekend in Boston, travelling by myself. The staff were more than friendly and accommodating, offering free shuttle service to the local bus station. The hostel was clean and well maintained. Could not have asked for a better hostel to stay in.

• 22nd Oct 2015

We had a good weekend stay at the hostel. Nice, clean, warm atmostphere. Tranfer was a cool thing (every half hour), they brought us to the city train, so we had easy access to the city. Boston was also cool, we did the freedon trail, it was fun with people from the hostel ;) Bar prices were cheap, we plplaed billiard, there is a piano as well :) Would like to go back again if I go to Boston, thank you! ;)

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Hungary

Awesome place and really lovely staff. Would not have had half as good a stay in Boston had I not stayed at Backpackers. Get a beer and rally some fellow travellers in the pub - you're in Boston, baby.

• 17th Oct 2015

My friends and I really enjoy our staying there:)

Free transportation to Subway was great service, especially the drivers! All staff I have met was very nice and helpful. Bathroom surprisingly and welcomingly clean coz furniture looks a bit overused. I haven't seen or heard them, but you should close all ur bags especially with food coz there are supposingly mice. A girl checked in at 1a.m. -another at 2a.m. In 8-bed room. Felt it's catching all those who couldn't find anything in Boston town- being one of those I was very grateful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5