Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Andy, Gus and Chris did everthing to make sure that I had everything that I needed. The hostel is not located downtown, but the shuttle service and the atmosphere at the hostel did compensate for this. There was also a large Japanese conference at the moment I visited, thus the hostel was very crowded, despite this thees staff made me feel very at home. Therefore I believe the Hostel is good value for money if you are in search for a proper hostel in Boston.

• 8th Nov 2014

They make a wonderfull job keepintg it up and clean. The location that is not easy access Boston downtown. Didn't get time to explore around, but seems to be middle of nowhere. Internet works well. There is a shuttle to the subway, I enjoy a lot of walking, but didn't feel safe to walk to the subway, once it is more like road than streets (didn't see sidewalks).

• 7th Nov 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. The poor location is improved through the hostel shuttle that takes you to the metro station for free but it still takes half an hour or more to get to the center of Boston or Camebridge. Showers were clean, restrooms could have been cleaner. It was pretty expensive for a hostel especially one at such a location.

The place is very badly kept. Everything looks old. It'd be nice if they invested back into the hostel. The shuttle service is great.

Had a great time!!! Thank you:)!!

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Japan

We enjoyed having you. Thank you

Bathrooms have no privacy. When changing for showers if someone else comes into the room you are on view for everyone to see. Toilets are few and unisex. Should be separate for men and women. A bit noisy as rooms are near a bar area

I do not understand the no privacy issue, EVERY bathroom is private, unless you brought someone else in with you. Half of our rooms have bathrooms and toilets in the room (en suite). In addition we have 5 bathrooms in common areas; for privacy lock the door. Also we have 2 women shower rooms, WOMEN ONLY. Men have their own shower room. For more privacy stay in a hotel, expensive but PRIVATE. Thanks for the shitty review.

Great staff are more than happy to help with anything. While the hostel is a fair way out from city is really easy with the T (metro). Only negative is the plastic beds.

we thank you for the nice review and you will find most hostels in the USA have the vinyl mattresses for protection for our guests. Thank you

This is the second time I've stayed in this hostel and the guys who run the show were just as friendly and helpful as the first. Don't be put off by the location, they run you to the station and it's a quick 5/10min ride to downtown. Basic, clean, local amenities, free tea

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent service, the shuttle was very efficient. Since we were in low season, we would just have to call and they would pick us up 5 minutes later. It can get a bit noisy because walls are thin. We has a toilet and a shower in our room for 6 peoples but no locker in the room. small lockers were available in the hall. Overall, we were satisfied with our choice.

Wow did I feel pampered with the shuttle from the T subway to the hostel and back. Felt more like a hotel given the service, staff are lovely people - very cheerful and helpful. This is what I always envision a hostel to be: lots of students from around the world having great adventures, older travelers visiting or attending conferences and other interesting people! I had access to two different bathrooms (important to me as a gal) and fyi mattresses have protective covers **** Bueno!

• 30th Oct 2014

Loved our stay at Backpackers! The staff are super friendly and helpful, happy to give tips and directions. There is a free shuttle to the train station which is brilliant! With the free shuttle then the orange line you can be reach Boston or Harvard or other sights very quickly! The free shuttle service was actually the best thing ever! Theres a pool table and a really cosy tv space too as well as very fast wifi and tons of computers! Would recommend!

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Overall a very nice place to stay at. It's not very centered, but the shuttle service totally evens that out. The stuff was very helpful, friendly and fun too. I would always go there again!

• 27th Oct 2014

I'm sure you've gathered from the other reviews that the hostel location isn't great. But the shuttle (and general service) in the hostel by far outweighs this. They'll come and pick you up within 5 mins of ringing them. Brilliant if you're a lady! The guys are amazing. It's super safe, really friendly. Wifi is excellent. One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Really recommend.

Great place at a great price. My favourite thing about it is that there are lots of computers which are free to use. Very friendly staff and a great shuttle service to and from the nearest metro bus station.

Dirty beds with unwashed blankets. Far away from the city, although they did have shuttle to station. Did not enjoy my stay here at all.

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Give us another try, and I guarantee we will try harder to make your stay a pleasant and memorable experience. Thanks for the review

Great atmosphere, helpful staff & ample facilities!

I enjoyed my stay. I recomend this hostel!

• 18th Oct 2014

Hi i am very pleased with the staff members' helpful and caring attitude during my stay particularly Ray, Guss and Andy. The free pickup to and fro the nearby subway station adds another notch to their overall good service. Highly recommended to those who want a small friendly hostel stay. By Ms Angelina Chew, Spore.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

If you could add more plugs to charge phone and stuff battery in the rooms may help when the hostel is very crowded.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

we will add more area's to charge electronic devices this winter, among other renovations. Thank you for reminding us of the need. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and if you return in the future you will see that we followed up on your suggestion. Thank you

Really nice hostel. The problem is that it's a bit far from the city centre but they offer a shuttle service which works really good. The worse thing is the noise that they do during the evening/night at the pub, if your bedroom is close to the pub it's really noisy. They offer you computer and internet for free and a small breakfast which is enough.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7