Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Big ups to the great staff. Especially Wayne the driver. Good Atmosphere as well and many international travellers, since there are only few hostels in Boston. By subway, you are quickly inside the city of boston to see the sights. By night, you can get home by subway and walking, or just take a cab. from the inner city it will cost you about 25 bucks. Not so cheap for single travellers, but okay for groups. If you go out in Boston, make sure to bring your passport!

Great atmosphere, lovely helpful staff abs great shuttle bus service provided. Will definitely be visiting again :)

• 27th Jul 2015

great place shuttle fast wifi good free parking

• Japan

Staff was extremely friendly to us and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Would recommend this place to anyone!

• 21st Jul 2015

Great hostel with convenient access to downtown Boston. The shuttle was really convenient and the staff were wonderful, especially Ray! He gave great advice and went out of his way to help me out. Will definitely return next time I'm in Boston.

• 21st Jul 2015

Loved it and would recommend it to everyone! The staff is amazing, had a lot of fun chatting with Jay! Over all loved my experience and would have stayed longer if I didn't have to get back home! The shuttle bus is super practical and it is easy to take the train and visit Boston!

• 20th Jul 2015

Had an excellent stay. The staff were amazing and the shuttle to and from the subway station was perfect. More showers needed during busy periods.

The shuttle service is great!

• 17th Jul 2015

Great place and atmosphere. Night staff are awesome.. Free shuttle was perfect!! I would suggest more often cleaning of areas and better bed sheets that fit.

• 15th Jul 2015

Stayed at backpackers for 4 nights. Great atmosphere, had a variety of lovely people and ended up going into town a couple of times. The hostel offers a free shuttle service to Wellington station and will pick you up on call as well until midnight. There is a bar there and drinks are $2, not too expensive. They have computers and wifi (which didn't work much) but the hostel is clean and staff are really nice! Would recommend staying here if you have 1 night or even 4/5 nights!

Really bad, located in the ghetto I was put in a room with homeless, crack addict, just got out of jail people.

• 15th Jul 2015

we have guests from all over the world and some have different dress and habits, but we invite them all and do our best to make them feel comfortable and welcome. We are sorry that people who look different, or act a little bit differently than you, are characterized the way you have described them. If we felt there was a person as you have described, we would not allow them entry. Thank you for the review.

Great hostel to stay in. Great location, especially as they run a shuttle every half hour to the train station. Gus and Ross were so welcoming. Would definitely recommend this hostel.,

• 15th Jul 2015

Parking is not guaranteed. The building is always unlocked. The area is sketchy, and is far from downtown. The shuttle is absolutely necessary, as the "red line" they have painted on the sidewalk is not even visible in some places, and I wouldn't have felt safe walking alone anyways. They allow some shady characters to stay there. When I arrived there was a man well in to his 50's, clearly homeless in my co-ed dorm. What?!! Creepy. There seemed to be other older people staying there too.

The front desk is usually unlocked when the front desk is open. That just makes it more convenient for all of our guests so they do not have to go looking for their key every time they enter the building. Also we cannot discriminate because of age, as we have many older backpackers from all over the world, and we will continue to offer services to those senior backpackers. thank you

Great staff very helpful and friendly.

Expensive for what you get but great free shuttle to the subway

Really good place to stay, dorms were clean and a free breakfast in the morning. There was a free shuttle to and from the Wellington subway station every half hour, even though it's a bit out of town its really easy to get to and from downtown. Staff were friendly and attentive especially Gus and Jay! Thank you guys :)

The place is located right next to the subway station, where they will have a shuttle for you. They have limited free parking. No assigned beds, and half the beds are broken. I came back one night and someone was sleeping in my bed. Asked the staff to help me to avoid confrontation and they walked into the room and said there is an open bed right here for you. I asked for sheets and he told me he didnt want to deal with me at 2:30am.

sometimes there is confusion in dorm rooms at any hostel. If it was 230am and there was an open bed and they told you to take it, that should have solved the problem. I do not know of a broken bed in the entire hostel, if there was we would replace it. Thank you for the review

Hostels in Boston are ridiculous expensive, so price wise its value for money but when it comes to facilities its average. Large, but atmosphere less, hostel with spacious clean dorms, enough showers but tiny little kitchen in a dead area...close to metro stop and a friendly shuttle service from the hostel. Wifi is good and breakfast ok. Staff is nice.

Really enjoyed my stay here but mainly because of the people I met and how good of a time I had in Boston. The hostel is a great place to meet new people and has very friendly staff. The rooms are pretty uninviting as there are bags and clothes scattered everywhere in the 8 person dorms. The beds and linens were pretty dismal. The location is also tough but as most have mentioned, the shuttle is great and Wayne is the man.

we do our best to have our guests keep their belongings on their bunk, but some guests travel with way too much stuff. But that is the nature of the backpacker business. We are glad you enjoyed the hostel and met some nice people, and enjoyed Boston. Thanks for the review

Quite pricey compared to the hostels that I'm used to in Europe but the staff were fantastic, the shuttle is useful and the place is very well maintained.

• 9th Jul 2015