Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, Massachusetts, USA

At first the place looks grim and dodgy, but Chris and Bob win you over with their personality. All in all, it is a pretty down-to-earth Boston experience and you can meet some cool people there!

I really enjoyed my time in that hostel. It's not The prettiest Hostel i have Seen so far but The atmosphere was so Great. Especially Chris was very Kind and he tried all his best to make my Stay comfortable. It is nice that you can grab a Beer in The Pub and get to know The People.

Great place to stay! Chris was very helpful and friendly!

I had good time there compare to other hostels I will recommend to stay here

I really enjoyed my stay as a hosteler here. The room was not too crowded it was less noisy than other places I've stayed. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I did not meet any weird drunk people, just met other hostelers who were traveling like me. There were 2 tv.s with lots of channels, a pool table, and free coffee, toast, lockers, and computers. It was a little further away, but they have a shuttle to and from the train. Lots of stores within walking distance as well. A++

Chris and Bob were really nice and helpfull. They are both great people and they always made me feel like home. I came back to the same hostel becase I wanted to feel closer to the people that lives with me, like in Backpackers. Really nice place for those who want to actually meet people and talk to people during your trip, and Chris and Bob will always help you out with anything

While backpackers hostel and bar was value for money , it cud do wit sum upgrading, wifi didnt work in bedrooms, water wasnt always hot for showers and staff didnt wear uniforms.

great hostel, the breakfast could be better, but at least it has one! all the crew exelent, specially de big guy (dont remember his name) the shuttle to the train/bus stop is excelent!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

It was an incredible stay!! Thank you so much guys!!!! Hope to see you soon.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Awesome hostel. The dudes who work overthere are so helpful and they will do anything for helping you, specially Chris. I would stay again for sure and I also recommend this hostel.

thank you very much for the nice review. We realize it is the beginning of the season and the weather is still very chilly but we are hoping for a great year for our guests. We hope you return and be sure you remind us of your review

The staff is very helpful and friendly and the people that stay at this hostel are very nice and engaging too. The dormitories are not that new and the beds are noisy. A fresh paint would not be a bad idea. It is a bit annoying to wait/call for the shuttle or take the bus to get to the hostel/subway station, but when there is not available space downtown, it is a very good option.

I would stay here if need be again

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Kenya

Very nice hostel with clean rooms and bathrooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The subway station is a little far away but the staff organized shuttle trips to the station every 30 min. All in all, a very good hostel !

• 7th Nov 2013

Kitchen is too small, when 2 people cooking together, there is no room at all. Should add more bowls and forks as well. Staffs were amazing, they offer free shuttle, and painted an orange line to the subway, very convenient.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • China

The staff and travelers met here save me from writing a terrible review. They go great lengths to accommodate you the best they can, from painting a line to the train station to shuttling you to it between. Further away from the downtown hostels yet more expensive. Three drunken, angry, homeless old men live here, who will lecture you about how miserable their lives are while being drunk at 2 pm every day. Last station pick-up is at midnight, so your night out is limited unless you pay taxi($25)

I had a really great stay here. The shuttle made it easy to get back and forth from the metro to the hostel. Met loads of fun travelers and the staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms were clean, there was also a bathroom and shower in my room! Good vibes, no complaints. Thanks!

• 27th Oct 2013

Really nice place! super easy to get into the city and to get anywhere in fact. the shuttle to and from the train station is awesome! nice area, quite and good cheap places to eat. really good mix of travelers and long term stay guests. sit down with the long stay guests in the bar (where the beer is cheap) and have a chat with them, they have amazing stories and a love to hear your's! nice clean dorms and good wifi. really cool place, will def go back! B STRONG RED SOX WS 2013

All the staff are very nice and very helpful. Chris was very helpful.

The hostel is not actually in Boston but in Everett (a suburb just outside). They offer a shuttle to get to the metro in the morning and evening but it's still inconvenient. The bar was nice and they had cheap beers, especially for Boston. The staff was friendly but they were hired staff and not volunteer travelers who in my experience tend to be more helpful and fun.

I really liked the atmosphere. This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at. I'll definitely stay at the Backpacker's Hostel & Pub the next time I'm in Boston. The staff was really friendly as were the other guests. My only suggestion would be to have peanut butter as well as jam with the toast in the morning.

• 24th Oct 2013