Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

The hostel is good for meeting new people because of the arrangement of the common space. Breakfast is nice to be included. The only thing which I really did not like there were the ugly and nasty mattresses. For this price they could really buy normal, convenient mattresses and beds.

The location is a little out of the way but they provide a shuttle service to the nearest subway which is helpful. They are about 10min from downtown by car. I didn't find the staff to be too friendly or as friendly as in other hostels I've stayed but I guess that's not the most important thing. The other guests weren't all that friendly either but respectful of ones belongings. Breakfast was a bit of a let down, I would call it more of a snack so don't count on it !

• 26th Sep 2014

Great staff, will stay there again. Shuttle to and from station was great!

• 25th Sep 2014

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

Great place to stay , staff are super friendly and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in the Boston area . Thanks for the nice stay

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Staff extremely friendly and drive to/from nearest metro stop every 30mins until midnight (public bus also available, takes 5 mins but not walkable). Location (and thus value for money) is key downfall of this hostel as otherwise it is perfectly adequate, good showers, large rooms (although bunk beds were uncomfortable and top bed lacked safety rail). Everett as a location is uninspiring but distance/time to downtown Boston is acceptable. Breakfast simple but effective - coffee

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Enjoyed my stay here. Ray was very friendly and helpful. The pub is very good at night. The dorm room was very large and comfortable. The wifi worked in the rooms very well. The lounge is large and has a pool table! The area is very nice and there is a shuttle bus to the train station every thirty minutes. I would stay here again.

excellent place, very clean with fast shuttle to the subway. Ray Chris and Gus very helpful at the front desk will come back next year

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Morocco

It's good!its much more convenient than I expected.Usually it takes about half an hour to go to the centre of the city by using the subway.And my roommates are nice.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • China

This was pretty much what you would expect for a hostel. I liked that my dorm had its own bathroom & shower. The main issue I had was there is a pool table & piano that was right across from my room. While I expect a hostel to be loud, piano playing & slamming pool balls at 4am will ensure you do not sleep. My whole room was up most of the night due to this. The good part of this hostel is it was a 1 mile walk to the T which was easy to get through with the markings they made on the sidewalk.

• 17th Sep 2014

This family owned hostel was perfect for my quick visit to Boston. The convenient shuttle ran constantly and on demand so I didn't have to wait long. Only a few stops away from Downtown Boston by train. The owner Steve is awesome and friendly. He makes you feel at home as you walk in. I would be back anytime and fits in my budget.

The staff is very helpful and offers a good brrakfast. As the hostel is so far of the downtown, you can use the shuttle, that begins at 8.30 a.m.

There is not a lot of hostels in Boston so they all come at a premium, at $50 a night for an eight bed dorm this was the cheapest option. Don't let the distance from downtown put you off as the free shuttle is excellent and available whenever you call up. Good facilities with fast wifi, pool table and a bar. Rooms are nothing fancy and showers are a bit small and lacking in privacy. Clientele including travellers and a few interesting local characters but no issues and lockers are available free

I come here almost every weekend. The staff is excellent, very accomodating. I've never had a negative experience. They serve breakfast in the morning (pretty simple, toast and coffee), they'll offer you laundry services, towel rentals and a free shuttle to the train station. The place is family-owned and it shows because they care about their customers. The staff is efreshingly chill, the atmosphere pleasantly informal and the hostel assuredly a friendly, socialble and enjoyable stay.

• 13th Sep 2014

They play music from like 9am to 11pm. They announce their "famous" free shuttle over he pa starting around 9:30am, so hopefully you don't want to sleep in. Also, the mattresses are plastic-y and hard.

Awesome staff. Their shuttle was really good I was never waiting for more than 10mins at the station. Made getting to and from downtown really easy, better than I thought. Good beer deals. I liked they had showers and toilets seperated in each room. Overall a good place to stay.

Positives: location, access to transportation - 97,104,110 to Orange line (Wellington & Sullivan Sq, etc). Friendly staff!! Shuttle service was great! Neighborhood was comfortable. Walked to town center - purchased groceries to cook a meal.

• 11th Sep 2014

This hostel was very expensive (around $65 when you add tax) yet you did not get much for this money. The common areas of the hostel are reasonably nice, although what the pub actually serves is limited (no cider or white wine). My biggest problem with this place was the beds: terrible mattresses and no railings or ladders on the bunks in some dorms . I am scared of heights and slept no more than 1 hour when i was in this bed as I was too scared. Location is v.inconvenient - long train then bus

Just needs a little bit of extra work, it is acceptable but small things like the mattresses make a big difference. I think given how out of the way it is, the price is unfair, given it's similarity in cost to the boston HI. Decent nights sleep but certainly can be better

Really accommodating. Free transport from Wellington to the hostel. Really appreciate it. =)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7