Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

awesome spot to stay staff was great . shuttle great and wifi the best , free parking ect

• 13th Apr 2015

The staff was super nice and accommodating. It's great that they pick you up from the nearby T stop and bring you back pretty much whenever you need it. I arrived pretty late and it was pretty quiet, but it seemed like it would be a fun place to hang out with others...either at the bar they have, or in the back where there was a room with a TV and pool table. One last thing: I accidentally left a ring that I really like in the bathroom, and when I called they offered to mail it back to me!

• 11th Apr 2015

The staff Chris was very nice, He did everything he could do to make ourself home in the hostel, which I really appreciate. And the shuttle service was really great and convenient to have.

This is one of those hostels that is aware of its imperfections and works very hard to make your stay comfortable. It also makes a big difference that the staff are very kind and flexible. The place is a bit out of the way, so they run a free shuttle. The walls are a bit thin, so they let you move to a quieter room. It's a bit shabby, but artwork gives it atmosphere and their new renovations will be a big improvement. The kitchen is small and lacks cutlery, but that's the only real problem.

Basically I can confirm the previous reviews. The staff is great, the shuttle service is cool, but the location still is quite far off, all though it looks quite close to the center on the Map. The hostel is fine, if you had more people around you could enjoy yourself on the bar, the pool table, TV, piano... They got a lot. The room is fine, with an own toilet. It smelled a bit like old sweat, but it was only the dorm. It's still a hostel, it didn't disturb me too much. I'd come again.

Staff cared a lot about the well-being of their guests. Very professional.

• 2nd Apr 2015

One of my favourite hostels of all time, you will have to search long and hard to find a more hospitable one! The staff is beyond fantastic (and fun), they'll go the extra mile without doubt. Facilities are partially newly renovated, safe and clean. My one regret is that I couldn't stay longer. And that I had to leave without proper goodbyes. I'll definitely be back! :) ( I'll dream about those pizza bagels i forgot to bring with me for months)

Friendly, helpful, convenient. Shuttle service to Orange line was great! They were in the midst of a remodeling project when I was there, and they went out of their way to be accommodating. I am in my 60's, z little older than the younger clientele, but felt right at home and warmly welcomed.

• 29th Mar 2015

This is an excellent hostel with extremely friendly staff. Will definitely come back if I visit Boston again.

Great stuff! the shuttle is great too very recommanded

The hostel was pretty good. Nice people, all amenities in the room included, all convenient services avaioable (shuttle to subways station and airport). Fair prices and the most important thing: incredible staff!

Will come back. Great place.

• 8th Mar 2015

great place good people work there and boston is awesome

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Latvia

Everyone was super friendly and welcoming. This was my first time staying in a hostel and I most certainly plan to again. The cost was just right and there was breakfast in the morning.

• 7th Mar 2015

thank you for the nice review and kind comments. Our entire staff appreciates your coming to Backpackers. We wish the weather was a little bit better. Thank you

The staff was friendly and made us feel at home. There was a warm and welcoming atmosphere all around.

Andy, Gus and Chris did everthing to make sure that I had everything that I needed. The hostel is not located downtown, but the shuttle service and the atmosphere at the hostel did compensate for this. There was also a large Japanese conference at the moment I visited, thus the hostel was very crowded, despite this thees staff made me feel very at home. Therefore I believe the Hostel is good value for money if you are in search for a proper hostel in Boston.

• 8th Nov 2014

They make a wonderfull job keepintg it up and clean. The location that is not easy access Boston downtown. Didn't get time to explore around, but seems to be middle of nowhere. Internet works well. There is a shuttle to the subway, I enjoy a lot of walking, but didn't feel safe to walk to the subway, once it is more like road than streets (didn't see sidewalks).

• 7th Nov 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. The poor location is improved through the hostel shuttle that takes you to the metro station for free but it still takes half an hour or more to get to the center of Boston or Camebridge. Showers were clean, restrooms could have been cleaner. It was pretty expensive for a hostel especially one at such a location.

The place is very badly kept. Everything looks old. It'd be nice if they invested back into the hostel. The shuttle service is great.

Had a great time!!! Thank you:)!!

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Japan

We enjoyed having you. Thank you