Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, Massachusetts, USA

I had a really great stay here. The shuttle made it easy to get back and forth from the metro to the hostel. Met loads of fun travelers and the staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms were clean, there was also a bathroom and shower in my room! Good vibes, no complaints. Thanks!

• 27th Oct 2013

Really nice place! super easy to get into the city and to get anywhere in fact. the shuttle to and from the train station is awesome! nice area, quite and good cheap places to eat. really good mix of travelers and long term stay guests. sit down with the long stay guests in the bar (where the beer is cheap) and have a chat with them, they have amazing stories and a love to hear your's! nice clean dorms and good wifi. really cool place, will def go back! B STRONG RED SOX WS 2013

All the staff are very nice and very helpful. Chris was very helpful.

The hostel is not actually in Boston but in Everett (a suburb just outside). They offer a shuttle to get to the metro in the morning and evening but it's still inconvenient. The bar was nice and they had cheap beers, especially for Boston. The staff was friendly but they were hired staff and not volunteer travelers who in my experience tend to be more helpful and fun.

I really liked the atmosphere. This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at. I'll definitely stay at the Backpacker's Hostel & Pub the next time I'm in Boston. The staff was really friendly as were the other guests. My only suggestion would be to have peanut butter as well as jam with the toast in the morning.

• 24th Oct 2013

This was a strange place. A fair way out of the city - not difficult to get to time consuming. It was run down and a bit grimy, but pretty social and I met some cool people there. I wouldn't stay there again if I had a choice, but I didn't have a terrible time.

Were do I start. The beds were like springs under a beach towel terrible no sleep for 2 nights Breakfast toast and jam very disappointing were is the cereal and fruit? $50 a night expected a bit more Showers small could hardly move had to open the door to bend down and get my soap also had to wait 15 min for it to heat up. Also heaps of creepy old men there bit strange for a backpackers

• 22nd Oct 2013

Great experience all around. The atmosphere at this hostel was better than any I have experienced before and the prices at the pub are outstanding ... 2 beers for $5! There door to door shuttle service was super convenient and the staff went out of their way to help. My favorite was definitely Juliann. The location makes getting anywhere in Boston very easy and this is a great base to explore the city. The facilities are spotless and my room/bathroom were very clean. Two thumbs way up.

• 21st Oct 2013