Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Stayed at the backpackers hostel for one night. I found the staff extremely helpful and friendly. There's a shuttle bus service to the train station running every half hour. The hostel itself is very clean and comfortable. I'll be back for sure 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• 15th Oct 2015

Awesome staff! Fun and outgoing people.

• 15th Oct 2015

Andy was amazing....what a great guy....the driver was also extremely good and made the experience really memorable....

• South Africa

Really good hostel and the staff were always willing to help!

great vibe to the place with super friendly staff (and the shuttle to the train station is always going, more than making up for the location). Facilities are lacking (more than one cold shower while there), and I'd suggest asking for a room away from their hallway speakers (unless you're a really early riser) as they play really loud music in the mornings making it impossible to sleep in some rooms, but overall, a solid thumbs up from me :)

My friend and I had a good weekend there.

Super friendly service and the shuttle to the nearest subway station was super convenient. It was great place to stay while visiting Boston and definitely plan to return next time I'm in town.

An alert about the extra tax before arriving would be appreciated

• 9th Oct 2015

Way too expensive for a bed in a dirty room. No blinds in the rooms which didn't really add to your sleep. Also it's very loud in the hostel so you can't go to bed before 2 am

• Belgium

you were here on a very busy holiday weekend and we had several groups who were celebrating the holiday and having maybe a little too much fun. Most guests enjoy it when we have musicians who can really play and those guests put on quite a show. All our rooms have curtains rather than blinds because we have found the blinds are confusing to some guests and they end up broken. Curtains are easier to just open and close. Our staff does a great job getting the hostel ready everyday for the guests

Very convenient and friendly. Free shuttle service excellent! 👌

• 9th Oct 2015

The hostel is great, i really enjoyed my stay there! The staff is very helpful and super nice. Plus they have a free shuttle when u need it and included breakfast. Also there is a nice pub where u can spend a fun time with new friends. The rooms are clean, everything works well, there are showers and restrooms inside and outside of rooms. Fun cool place to stay while visiting Boston, i would deffinitely stay there again. Cheers!

Backpackers is a great hostel from my experience. It had a good atmosphere and the staff were very helpful. The shuttle bus was a great bonus and made up for the fact that it's a little bit out of the way. Would definitely go again.

Everybody was very friendly and helpful. They provide free shuttle to the station. It was great. Thanl you, everybody!

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Romania

We had generally a good stay at the hostel. The only unpleasent thing that we lived whas that we were not informed that the check in time was 11am, so we were charged for an extra night since our bus from NYC got in earlier than planned. I recommend that the hostel should clarify that whit the guests before their arrival.

If you make a reservation for say, september 4th, and arrive at 3am or 4am on sept 4th, we do not wake up the people at 3am and tell them they have to get up because you have arrived. they are allowed to sleep the night of the 3rd, which includes the hours after midnight, even though at midnight the date has changed to the next day. there aren't many people in the entire WORLD who have to be told that, its common sense. If people pay for a bed, they can sleep the entire night till morning.

Don't trust the shuttle bus back to the hostel from the station outside its scheduled trips. I called the hostel to see if I could get a ride back one evening and was told it would be a few minutes. I waited for half an hour and called 10+ times to see where the bus was - it didn't show up and no one answered the phone.

The staff is really, really good. The location....well, they have a shuttle. Security...could use a locker in the room. Value for money--this is the most expensive dormitory hostel I've ever stayed in, it even beats Copenhagen. The problem is greater Boston more than the hostel...lodging is just plain expensive at certain times, has been for many years. The staff more than make up for all of these minor deficiencies, however

The staff seemed really nice and willing to help. Until we called for the shuttle and no one came. When we got back nobody knew who answered the phone. One of the shuttle drivers is very pushy with his tips. But overall it was nice. Nice music in the pub, ht coffee in the morning and plenty of spaace in the room.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Romania

on the very busy nights we understand it can get hectic, but those nights are usually the most fun. Most of the tip jokes are tongue and cheek but just keep a dime or a nickel in your pocket and watch his reaction. He will get the message thanks for the nice review

Staff were wonderfully accommodating of my late check-in due to delayed flight. Also provided excellent directions to where I need to be the best day.

• 30th Sep 2015

Very convenient location, the free shuttle to the T made traveling into and out of the city a breeze. The staff was very friendly. There was space to park which really makes this an excellent value if you have a vehicle. I plan to stay there next time I go into Boston again.

• 28th Sep 2015

Very friendly, far from the center

• 28th Sep 2015