Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Friendly, clean and comfortable beds. Internet-room with laptops and free wifi-connection. Cosy pub, kitchen and lovely sitting-room with biljard and tv set. Breakfast from 8.00 every morning. Also chairs and tables outside, for them who needs fresh air. The free shuttle-service to and from the closest subwaystation was great, so no problem to go downtown Boston, or nearby areas. Backpackers are situated in the charming area of Everett, and this little town is worth a visit.

I like this hostel!!!!

Maybe a complete dive hostel but this diamond in the rough has been an absolute blast! From the free shuttling service to the super mellow and happy staff, it's worth it. Having said that, glaring problems but it's a dive hostel so don't complain too much. Oh yeah, don't go downstairs, it was weird - dozens of air mattresses? Too weird. Anyhow, the people I've met have been nothing but amazing, hopefully your adventure goes as well as it did for me too!

This hostel was not at all what I expected based on previous review: the showers were flooded, there was a hole in the ceiling, and the building itself was not pleasant or attractive.

we just had the ceilings re-plastered in the female shower room and the ceiling fan cover was not put back on. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The showers are very busy in the mornings and it is not unusual that they get wet. Most showers do. We like our building, but we realize it is not Buckingham Palace. Most guests have a lot of fun here, but I bet you never have much fun whatever do you. Thanks for the shitty review

The staff are so so nice and It s easy to find the way to get to the place we want. I ll come back again!

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • China

Let Wayne the driver know that Tommy enjoyed those morning rides to the train o so much.

Wayne's tour's, need I say more, so happy I got to see the largest peanut butter factory in the whole of the States! Seriously good team at this hostel, very helpful and accommodating.

I found the staff very accommodating and knowledgable of the area. They were very informative of places to see and places to eat. A wonderful atmosphere with some rocking tunes to wake upto. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Backpakers pub. A big thanks for the cool t shirts, we've been wearing them since we left Boston.

It's awesome here and the stuff is very helpful. The shuttle bus service is the best and it's free.

• 20th Sep 2015

The bed sheet looked so dirty : (

• 18th Sep 2015
  • China

we are sorry. it seems many of the sheets were washed with our blue blankets and have become discolored. the sheets are cleaned every day and it will take a few washes to have the bluish tone removed.

The staff here are awesome - everyone was really helpful, kind and wanted to make sure you had a great time. Couldn't be happier with that side of things! However, a couple of small, annoying bits did retract from the experience here - for example, the sheets from the bed were not elasticated, so the bottom sheet came off of the plastic covered mattress every night, so it gets a little sticky. We also had a mouse in our room one night, which may not be anyone fault, but really not good!

we are very happy you enjoyed your stay at Backpackers. with all the construction going on in the area, the field mice are being disturbed and it is a problem we are doing our best to control. thank you for the nice review

It's nothing flashy but it does the job. It's a bit out of Boston but easy to get to. A quick trip on the orange line and there's a free shuttle bus they run. You can walk it too using their orange painted line. The hostel is fine. Clean and tidy. The lockers aren't the best and mostly small and only in corridors. The pool table could do with a renovation. They give you breakfast (always a bonus), but just toast and coffee. But it's comfortable enough and I enjoyed it.

Staff were so nice, couldn't do enough for you, however having someone term residents in a travellers hostel does not mix very well.

• 17th Sep 2015

sometimes we get a guest who doesn't quite fit in, and we are sorry that happened. Most of our guests are friendly and make the hostel experience really fun and memorable, but on rare occasions, we get a guest we would rather not have.

Staff was excellent and very accommodating. Wayne the shuttle driver was very nice and the free shuttle service was always there and ready when needed. Rooms are clean and spacious. Ray and Carly were super awesome. I can't thank them enough. Boston was so fun! Can't wait to come back! And the location was just fine. Thank you Boston Backpackers

• 16th Sep 2015

This hostel is good to make some new friend. The staff is beautiful and she is so helpful. Thank you.

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

I had a great stay at the hostel all the staff are very friendly and welcoming. They offer a free shuttle ride to the nearest train station where you can easily get to Boston city just on one train which I think is an amazing thing for them to do. At times I just asked them at reception and they just drove me straight there. Amazing service :)

Backpackers hostel has really friendly staffs. Their shuttle system is really working. The kitchen is not ok. but if I have another trip to the Boston I would prefer Backpackers again.

Awesome stay, the staff were awesome, but the toast breakfast was a little disappointing. Also The fact that you aren't washing the blue blankets

• 8th Sep 2015

Thank you for the review. The blue blankets get washed on a different schedule by the housekeeping staff. Its easier to do complete rooms all together. The sheets get washed daily.

The staff are amazingly friendly....Ray is an awesome guy...and most likely your friendly transport-man to and from the subway line from the hostel. There is parking!!! They are a bit out of the way, but they have transportation every half an hour to and from the subway (and after noon....just let them know and they can run more than that!). If you are not looking to pay the price of Hostel international...this is the place to go!

Had an Amazing time :) everyone there was awesome! To bad there was a heat wave and it was so hot... will be back for sure!

• 7th Sep 2015