Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

I was a little bit worried about the distance and this place at first would never be my first choice because of the distance, but I found out it is actually a very clever choice to stay in Boston. The shuttle leaves each half hour in the morning and in the afternoon, but twice we needed it out of these hours, and they promptly arranged a smaller car to give us a ride to the station. Considering that this hostel is a lot cheaper than those in downtown Boston, this is really worth it.

My dorm was very spacious & had its own bathroom. The bar has great priced drinks & the pool table / piano in the common room make for a great night. It's a little bit out of the centre of Boston but with the regular shuttle service to the nearest metro station, it is very easy to get around. Staff are friendly and happy to help with any needs. Chris especially looked after us and was always offering that bit extra like a change of sheets for extending our stay etc. Will definitely be back!

Although yes it is a little bit out of town, it really does not make a difference to your trip as the staff are brilliant and are always about to offer a ride to the station which is only 2.50 for a trip to downtown! Very clean and tidy, could do with a slightly bigger/better kitchen but it does the job! Special thanks to Chris and Ray there, always chatting and giving us ideas of things to do!

• 21st May 2014

The staff were amazing! They will help you out with anything and are generally kind and courteous. It's a little out of town, but they easily make up with it with the shuttle service to and from the station! I will recommend staying here to everyone! Boston at this price is a bargain!

It was the best hostel i have ever stayed. Staff was extremely friendly. They gave me ride to subway stations several times which they did not have to. Person did not even take my tip. Staff was extremely friendly. I would rather stay in this hostel than most other fancy hotels.

• 20th May 2014
  • Uzbekistan

By far the best hostel in Boston. Everything you need is here! Met so many great people from all around the world and the staff are unbelievably nice and helpful. There is a bar in the hostel, pool tables, fast WiFi, laundry services, flatscreen TVs, hot showers, ect. Every staff member that works there is great including Gus, Steve, and Chris. And the shuttle service was amazing thanks Ray. Had a lot of fun here cant say enough good things about the place i will definitely come back.

• 20th May 2014

Very good hostel. Nice people! The pub is a good place to relax and the shuttle is very useful! Thanks again for everything guys!

Not the cheapest, not the best location, not the youngest, but the owner offer me a ticket to se the Red Sox, and it's priceless !

The hostel didn't offer you tickets to the Red Sox game, they gave them to you. FOR FREE. We hope you enjoyed the game and the atmosphere at Fenway Park, because it is one of the favorite and memorable experiences of Boston. That being said, no good deed goes unpunished. Thanks for the review.

The location was not too close to downtown Boston, but what I really liked most was the workers offered free ride to Wellington Station. The restroom was clean but had weird smell. Maybe it would be better to put fragrance in each toilet!

Great place and staff! Transportation is quite convenient and the hostel has shuttles to the nearest subway station.

• 16th May 2014
  • China

It is kind of far from downtown however the hostel provides shuttle to nearby train station, so if you do not mind spending extra time on the road this will be a good hostel.

I was on the hostel for two nights and I had a great time. All the employees were very friendly and helpful. Thank you so much for the shuttle service and for the free baggage storage. Thanks you Steve and Reymundo for all the rides to and from the wellington station, also for recommending places to hang out.

• 15th May 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed 9 nights in total. And I would choose it for sure again, because they are so amazing helpful and nice in general. They provide a free shuttle from the hostel to the Wellington station and they drive you to the supermarket and pick you up again. They tell where to go and what you should see during your visit; and when you can visit different sights for free. They have a bar with good offers for travelers as well. And if you need help in any case, they will help you for sure!

The guys there were great !!! Very friendly and helpful... And the shuttle system was awesome... even late at night they help us... I recommend to all going to Boston !!!

Although a bit out of the way this hostel makes up for the trek into the city with the amazing service. The people that run the place will go above and beyond to ensure you have what you need. We even deemed on of them "Boston Dad". Its only about 20 minutes to town via the T and the city is easy to manage from there.

• 15th May 2014

This is one of the greatest hostels I have ever lived! Great service. Very clean. Many things to do. Comfortable bed. And we even can play piano here!!! I would recommend this hostel to my friend!

What really made our trip to boston so special was staff at the backpackers hostel and pub !! Every single one of them went out of their way to make sure we were looked after.From Steve being an absolute legend all round . Chris always with a smile and making us laugh at every chance possible. To Andy with his knowledge of what to do in boston. With excellent facilities and always clean i couldn't recommend this place enough. Much love to everyone at backpackers, Will and Diana

Great locations if you're travelling by car, not so much if you don't. Staff is generally nice.

Next time rent a car, maybe you'll have a better time in Boston.

I was a little worried about how far it was from downtown, but it turned out to be no problem. Great atmosphere, clean rooms, staff were really nice, especially Chris who went out of his way to help me and my friend out when we needed it.

• 9th May 2014

A very nice hostel with added bonus of a regular free shuttle bus to the station and will pick you up from the station in the evening. A friendly atmosphere and staff very ready to help guests in many ways. The bedroom was a bit chilly at times but staff would like to hear and see what that can do to improve the situation. Bed was a bit hard and plastic covered mattress could do with a thicker cover as it was hard and lumpy. Overall I had a very pleasant stay.