Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

This has to be the best hostel I ever stayed at with people of all ages.....literally!!! The facilities were pretty good too and with one stop to outlet shopping I will definitely go back. :) :)

Parking is not guaranteed. The building is always unlocked. The area is sketchy, and is far from downtown. The shuttle is absolutely necessary, as the "red line" they have painted on the sidewalk is not even visible in some places, and I wouldn't have felt safe walking alone anyways. They allow some shady characters to stay there. When I arrived there was a man well in to his 50's, clearly homeless in my co-ed dorm. What?!! Creepy. There seemed to be other older people staying there too.

The front desk is usually unlocked when the front desk is open. That just makes it more convenient for all of our guests so they do not have to go looking for their key every time they enter the building. Also we cannot discriminate because of age, as we have many older backpackers from all over the world, and we will continue to offer services to those senior backpackers. thank you

Great staff very helpful and friendly.

Expensive for what you get but great free shuttle to the subway

Really good place to stay, dorms were clean and a free breakfast in the morning. There was a free shuttle to and from the Wellington subway station every half hour, even though it's a bit out of town its really easy to get to and from downtown. Staff were friendly and attentive especially Gus and Jay! Thank you guys :)

The place is located right next to the subway station, where they will have a shuttle for you. They have limited free parking. No assigned beds, and half the beds are broken. I came back one night and someone was sleeping in my bed. Asked the staff to help me to avoid confrontation and they walked into the room and said there is an open bed right here for you. I asked for sheets and he told me he didnt want to deal with me at 2:30am.

sometimes there is confusion in dorm rooms at any hostel. If it was 230am and there was an open bed and they told you to take it, that should have solved the problem. I do not know of a broken bed in the entire hostel, if there was we would replace it. Thank you for the review

Hostels in Boston are ridiculous expensive, so price wise its value for money but when it comes to facilities its average. Large, but atmosphere less, hostel with spacious clean dorms, enough showers but tiny little kitchen in a dead area...close to metro stop and a friendly shuttle service from the hostel. Wifi is good and breakfast ok. Staff is nice.

Really enjoyed my stay here but mainly because of the people I met and how good of a time I had in Boston. The hostel is a great place to meet new people and has very friendly staff. The rooms are pretty uninviting as there are bags and clothes scattered everywhere in the 8 person dorms. The beds and linens were pretty dismal. The location is also tough but as most have mentioned, the shuttle is great and Wayne is the man.

we do our best to have our guests keep their belongings on their bunk, but some guests travel with way too much stuff. But that is the nature of the backpacker business. We are glad you enjoyed the hostel and met some nice people, and enjoyed Boston. Thanks for the review

Quite pricey compared to the hostels that I'm used to in Europe but the staff were fantastic, the shuttle is useful and the place is very well maintained.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

They don't have much of a kitchen, but other than that it was pretty great. Out of the way location, but they provide a really convenient free shuttle to the train/bus station. They had lots of common areas to hang out it, and staff were always pretty friendly.

Staff was very friendly. They have a free shuttle service between train station and the hostel. We arrived late at night past the shuttle service hours, but the receptionist was willing to fetch us from the train station himself. Facilities are clean and the shower had hot water. There is a simple complimentary breakfast of coffee/tea and bread.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

There needs to be lockers put in each room which you can lock for more safety

we have our lockers in a common area with a security camera directly on them. We feel that is more secure for our guests because we can not put a camera in the room, but we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review

Went there for 4th of July weekend this year. The Staff was really cool, very accommodating when needed. Gus and Wayne were nice; Wayne gave us a tour of Everett when taking us to the train. The dude from Jersey and the girl from Connecticut were cool too (sorry, forgot your names). I would recommend it since the atmosphere was chill and pretty close to the center of Boston (20 short mins via Orange Line train). -(Guy from the "South" aka Bronx)

• 3rd Jul 2015

Everything was great except the bath was not hot enough.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • China

The guys who run the hostel are awesome - really friendly, helpful and do everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. There's a shuttle to the nearest train station and back or you can take the bus so the location is fine. They are happy to help you with all the information you need and allowed me to hang out and leave my car there after I’ve checked out. I liked the atmosphere and it was clean. I’ve met great people there to hang out with and would definitely come back again

Backpackers Hostel and pub is a great place to stay in. The staff are extremely friendly and are always willing to help. It is only a short train ride from center City Boston, the hostel offers a shuttle to and from the Train station for your convenience and the drivers are very lovely and provide for a enjoyable ride whilst also showing you around the neighbourhood. Backpackers is a great place to meet other travellers who you can see the city with. Overall great experience.

• 28th Jun 2015

Staff was really great with shuttling us back and forth between the T-station, which is also not a very far walk. Area around hostel is residential/industrial so it is mostly just for sleeping. Not a bad price for staying in Boston though, would definitely go back if I go back to Boston.

The staff were very nice and accommodating. What the hostel lacks in points for location is made up by the shuttle service and warm welcoming staff.

Shuttle service to the subway. Nice staff, specially the early driver

Gus is the man. Jay is a great shuttle driver. Unreal hostel