Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Hostel staff was very good and nice. Especially shuttle guy was awesome and funny.

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Turkey

Breakfast is included but extremely simple. And there are not enough places to sit. Apart from that it's a nice place. There even is a free shuttle service (including pick up) to the next subway station until midnight, which is about a 5min drive away. From there it's only 15min to the city. With a car you can also park for free.

60 dollars per night was too cheap and it takes you around have an hour to get into the city the shuttle included but the staff is sooo nice and helpful you really feel at home! The matresses sucked though. But i would definatley go back there met lovley people and had a great time during my visit in boston.

Nice staffs and near accommodation

Although our room was secure the rest of the building and carpark felt very unsecure. The Hostel was very noisy. Our room was right by reception and at 2am there were people shouting and horns honking outside (it was people from the hostel)! We were given sheets on arrival (which were grey not white!!) but not towels as advertised. Although the kitchen and bathroom facilities were reasonable again they were not very clean but worst of all we had mice in our room in the middle of the night!!!!!!!

the parking lot has video cameras and lighting, which goes on whenever anyone enters it. it is sometimes difficult to keep people quiet when they come back late after enjoying the boston nightlife, we do our best. the sheets are clean, the water sometimes grays them but we can't control that. with all the construction going on in and around Boston, they seem to have disturbed the field mice and it is a problem we continue to work on. we have hundreds of towels, you just have to ask. thank you

Everyone is super friendly at this hostel.I am so glad I stayed here.It's in a very nice peaceful area.Gus and Andy have been extremely helpful to me.It's also great that the hostel provides free shuttle to and from the train station.They also provide lockers,towels,and a free breakfast.If you want to use the internet the hostel has computers to use as well.So if your traveling to Boston check out this hostel.

• 2nd Sep 2015

The location was made better thanks to the free shuttle to the station which made life so easy and the driver, Wayne I think, seemed a truly friendly genuine down to earth helpful guy! The staff that I spoke to in the hostel were also very helpful and friendly. Not once did I regret choosing this hostel over others an I would recommend this place to anyone passing through Boston :)

• 2nd Sep 2015

My second time here, and would come back at any time, great people, great atmosphere. Love this place

Awesome place to stay at. Staff was extremely helpful!

Needed a temporary residence until another opportunity presented itself.

• 24th Aug 2015

Fantastic for the price and the free shuttle service is a godsend

• 24th Aug 2015

Needed to exain how the minibus at night worked better.

Very friendly staff, lots of space. I would stay here again. I love that you have access to towels, kitchen, internet. I cannot deny however, that I was displeased to see particular unpopular, crooked political leaders (harper/putin) plastered all over the walls in the bar.

we are happy you enjoyed your stay, but we are flattered when political figures stop into our pub for a drink so we try to get a quick photo of them. Backpackers does not endorse any of their political views, but being a public pub, we cannot refuse their business. we loved having the Queen, she was great, and Obama was a big hit as you can tell by the photo. Thanks for the review

Rules and regulations regarding one's stay is well posted. Located in a good residential area. Just a few blocks from the store, restaurants, and nightlife.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff were fantastic, comfortable room, great facilities, free shuttle to local subway station every day on request. I recommend this place to anyone thinking of going to Boston.

• 21st Aug 2015

Very basic hostel located a far distance from Boston Expensive for what you get- Beds are awful!

• 21st Aug 2015

Pros: Good Wi-Fi, warm staff, free shuttles, free pool table, free parking Cons: Old and used linens, ''Breakfast'' is only toats with jam and peanut butter, quite expensive for one night in a dorm, but I guess it is what is is since you're in Boston and there are not much of hostels around.

Staff were awesome! Free shuttle rides to and from the station plus a recommendation of a bar! Sweet as bro

• 21st Aug 2015

Its a bit far out, but hostels in Boston are very hard to find (especially last minute) and clasically expensive. The staff were nice enough, but the building looked old and tired. The beds looked dirty and as gave a nervous sensation of bed bugs with blood on the sheets as well, however, no bed bugs occurred. Most of the staff were friendly!

Very helpful staff. Ordered a taxi for us when we were rushing for the bus. Shuttle bus is a great service. Would stay again.