Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Staff was very friendly. They have a free shuttle service between train station and the hostel. We arrived late at night past the shuttle service hours, but the receptionist was willing to fetch us from the train station himself. Facilities are clean and the shower had hot water. There is a simple complimentary breakfast of coffee/tea and bread.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

There needs to be lockers put in each room which you can lock for more safety

we have our lockers in a common area with a security camera directly on them. We feel that is more secure for our guests because we can not put a camera in the room, but we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review

Went there for 4th of July weekend this year. The Staff was really cool, very accommodating when needed. Gus and Wayne were nice; Wayne gave us a tour of Everett when taking us to the train. The dude from Jersey and the girl from Connecticut were cool too (sorry, forgot your names). I would recommend it since the atmosphere was chill and pretty close to the center of Boston (20 short mins via Orange Line train). -(Guy from the "South" aka Bronx)

• 3rd Jul 2015

Everything was great except the bath was not hot enough.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • China

The guys who run the hostel are awesome - really friendly, helpful and do everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. There's a shuttle to the nearest train station and back or you can take the bus so the location is fine. They are happy to help you with all the information you need and allowed me to hang out and leave my car there after I’ve checked out. I liked the atmosphere and it was clean. I’ve met great people there to hang out with and would definitely come back again

Backpackers Hostel and pub is a great place to stay in. The staff are extremely friendly and are always willing to help. It is only a short train ride from center City Boston, the hostel offers a shuttle to and from the Train station for your convenience and the drivers are very lovely and provide for a enjoyable ride whilst also showing you around the neighbourhood. Backpackers is a great place to meet other travellers who you can see the city with. Overall great experience.

Staff was really great with shuttling us back and forth between the T-station, which is also not a very far walk. Area around hostel is residential/industrial so it is mostly just for sleeping. Not a bad price for staying in Boston though, would definitely go back if I go back to Boston.

The staff were very nice and accommodating. What the hostel lacks in points for location is made up by the shuttle service and warm welcoming staff.

Shuttle service to the subway. Nice staff, specially the early driver

Gus is the man. Jay is a great shuttle driver. Unreal hostel

I stayed at this hotel on my Birthday and when I got back from spending the day around Boston, I found the girl from the front desk had printed off a page saying happy Birthday and stuck it on the door to my room with a pen so many of the guests from the hostel signed it. The staff and other guests were without exception wonderful for my stay and I shall definitely be staying again on my next trip to Boston.

A little far from the city center (but they provide a free shuttle!), but otherwise a nice, standard hostel environment.

All my three days in Boston I stayed in this hostel. The location is conveniently reached my "T" (subway) and Bus. More importantly, they provide shuttling service "to and from" the nearest subway station!! I can't think of any other hostel to do something like that. Overall the place is very clean, staffs are super nice, helpful and friendly (thanks Gus and Jason). The place is very welcoming. I did enjoy my stay here. Good job and keep going!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

I honestly couldn't have found a better place to stay in Boston. The staff were among the friendliest I've ever met at a hostel globally and treated me like family during my stay. The shuttle bus was extremely helpful so don't let the fact they are slightly out of Downtown Boston itself put you off as it really isn't an issue (Also Wayne, the guy who runs the bus in the mornings is extremely funny and will give brief guided tours of the area on the way to the station.) Couldn't recommend higher

• Wales

Awesome rates and cool space! Clean bed and sheets, form like. Every staff was super nice! Wayne the morning drivedriver was such a great pleasure, a gentleman and knowledgeable! The staff was cool! There's space in there to chill, Wi-Fi, computer if you need, pool table, tv, fridge, shuttle to take you to train and bus station, the showers were good and cleanclean and had hot water!! For the price it's a good place to stay! I definitely recommend it!

• 21st Jun 2015

Our stay stay at that Hostel was just great!! The staff is really friendly and helpful! We met some great people from all over the world there. It was more like home and family than Hostel and strangers. We would stay there again anytime!! Thanks for the great time we had at your place!! Thanks to Wayne, Gus, Jason, Juliann, Paul, Steve, Michelle and all the others I forgot! Xoxo

• 21st Jun 2015

Very close to "Wellington" Orange Line station, Boston, MA. Staff/others are very congenial/helpful, especially re: "Free Shuttle" to/from Orange Line station (Train Lines perhaps a little difficult, yet not impossible to manage, once one figures out how they operate in the City). Small "pub" (with "large screen" television) within the structure's quite enjoyable. Definitely a good location.

• 20th Jun 2015

Could not have enjoyed my time at this hostel more! There's plenty of room in the dorms, everything is really clean, and there's a great atmosphere. What stands out the most is the staff, they are all extremely friendly and helpful and always willing to go the extra mile for you, paving the way guys well done ! A+++

There was a mouse in our bathroom at night. They then told me that it was normal because they're under construction.. Good thing I'm not afraid of mice! It's clean more or less, could be worse. As I was talking to one of the staff, he offered to give me $20 for lunch if I'd write an excellent review here. As you see I didn't do it. The hostel was okay but not as good as its reviews. The shuttle is really nice tough because they're so far away from the center.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Absolutely amazing hostel! Staff are GREAT! Really helpful, more than willing to bend over backwards to help you, wether by shuttling you backwards and forwards to the train station, or generally giving you great advice on places to go and things to see. You get far more than what you paid for and it is a very reasonable price! Location is great! Ten minutes by train to the city centre. Facilities are impeccable! I never wanted to leave the shower! Great place to socialise! I will return! 'Red'