Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

The staff in the hostel were exceptional. Couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Dropped me and my 5 friends out to the airport in the shuttle bus so we didn't have to spend a fortune on taxis.

• 31st Jul 2014

Such a lovely place to stay at. Steve and the staff were so lovely and welcoming. The shuttle service is so useful and they were even kind enough to drop us off at target or other locations if needed. The bar was great and well stocked, and the other guests who wanted to party at the weekend were easy to coralle into joining us, using the bar as a start off venue. An awesome stay, I was sad to leave! thanks guys!

I've stayed there almost two weeks in July, and I've met a lot of people there cause this hostel provide places where you can get to know each other. I must say that Boston is the city I enjoyed the most during my trip and I don't think it would have been the same if I hadn't stayed there. The people who are working there are allways helpfull, they know how to take their time and hurry up!

• 29th Jul 2014

Pro: Shuttle to the Metro Station and back, lockers, friendly and helpful staff, everything was clean and tidy Con: moderate breakfast, quite a small kitchen

The staff were great, very friendly and happy to help. The pick ups and drop offs at to the subway station that take you straight into Boston city centre were a bonus. Good wifi in our room which was far away from the reception (we backpacked a lot this summer and that's been rare!). Only minor criticism is that the building isn't that great, felt dark and dingy, and there weren't any lockers in the room. Ensuite in room was great though, and cheapest rates in town. Overall an excellent stay.

We are glad you liked the fastest WI-FI in Boston. We turn the lights down at a certain time to change the tone of the hostel to a more relaxed atmosphere after 9pm. Everyone loves the free shuttle service and we are happy to provide that. We have lockers in the common area's rather than the rooms to give you more space in the rooms and also so we can have camera's to keep an extra line of security. Thank you for the great review.

Luckily, we knew the location of this hostel before we booked it for a night, having stayed in central Boston for a week already. It is considerably far out, in the city of Everett rather than Boston - so be prepared to spend money you save on transport into town. Hostel was acceptable, but walls were ridiculously thin and a particularly loud man in the room next door made the night quite frustrating, such is the situation in such creaky places. Good wifi though, and nice social area at the back

If you enjoyed central Boston, why did you move? Everett is right next to Boston, less than 3 miles from central Boston and 4 quick subway stops from downtown. The train is $2, far less than the $50 it would cost to park your car daily in central Boston. So FREE PARKING is nice. And we are proud of having the FASTEST WI FI in Boston, we are glad you took advantage of it. And we are happy you liked the social atmosphere. Most people really enjoy their time here. Thank you

We slept well and overall enjoyed our stay. It is a bit far from the city center, and not very useful for coming back at the hostel, as it is not accessible by walking really. It is usefull to have a free parking though. I wouldn't recommend that much for people who don't have a car, as there are closer places from the city center. When we were there (friday to tuesday), they were almost nobody in the pub or shared areas.

we are glad you slept well and enjoyed your stay. Free parking is a big seller because it could very easily cost you over $50 per day in central Boston. The subway is $2 for the 4 stops to central Boston, yet no matter where you stay in Boston, you are going to use the subway if you take in all the sights.. The pub and common area's are only busy in the morning and in the evening, when people come home from their busy day to relax. Thank you

Very friendly hostel! Location isn't the best but the shuttle solves that problem. Would stay here again

This hostel is pretty good. It's out of the way but the regular shuttle service to the subway (a walkable distance) and pick ups on demand make it an easy place to stay with a laid back atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff.

Couldnt fault the place. The staff at the hostel are very helpful and informative, especially Chris who went out of his way several times to help us out.

• 23rd Jul 2014

The Hostel is awesome. Very clean, very safe, nice facilities and the staff is always ready to help you with anything. Really enjoyed my stay there. It's not close to downtown Boston, but there's a shuttle to the train station nearby and it less than 20 min to reach downtown.

• 21st Jul 2014

Although I only stayed for one night I still enjoyed my time at Backpackers. The place is a little run down but still very clean and accommodating. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful and their shuttle made it easy and quick to get to and from the city.

• 20th Jul 2014

It's only a little something but a knife that cut better than a butter knife in the kitchen could be a good improvement :) Thanks you for everything

I know it sounds crazy but for everyone's safety we prefer not to have sharp knives around. Thank you for the nice review and we enjoyed having you as a guest

It was a good hostel but a little bit too far away from Boston. But they offer you a free transport to the subway and back to the hostel everyday. That was awesome!

El hostel se encuentra a las afueras de boston, pero cuentan con un servicio de shuttle que te acercan a las estación de subway mas cercana.En menos de 20 minutos estás en el centro de boston. El trato del personal es excelente y siempre están predispuestos a resolver dudas y ayudarte.Y en lo que respecto al precio es lo mas económico de boston Un punto a mejorar es el estado de los colchones y sabanas. Luego de eso todo excelente.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

I know its easier to clean, but did not enjoy plastic mattresses. :) Everything else was really great. Staff was fabulous. Breakfast not great.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Mattresses on bed's could have been cleaner and more comfortable, covers for beds could have been cleaner and better fitting,lockers where in hall of hostel could have had lockers in rooms, no tips on the pool cues and pool table wasnt level, staff was very helpful and friendly and was very good at running us to train station on the free shuttel bus, hostel was keep clean free wifi and internet was very helpful. Could have had more of a choise for breakfast.

This is a great hostel, the staff are super friendly and helpful, especially Chris who showed me where to go running! Being ut of town is no problem at all, its a 20 minute walk to the subway and there is a free shuttle to the subway basically whenever you want.

• 17th Jul 2014

Your smile made me feel happy! Thanks!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

There's nothing particularly wrong with this place, but after staying in many hostels in the US it's probably been one of my leeast favourite. It's quite a while from downtown, and quite a while from the nearest train station, but the really fantastic staff do their best to drive you to and from the station whenever you need it which is great. it's pretty old and felt like i'd gone thru a timewarp back to 1989. breakfast is basic but good. is it a fine place to stay? yes.