Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

The staff that runs this place is extremely nice and I felt that they had a real interest that I was happy and content during my visit. The rooms were very clean. I didn't feel anxious about leaving my motorcycle parked in the parking lot overnight. I preferred walking to the train but the shuttle definitely helped me out when I wasn't feeling so high-energy. This is one of my most favorite hostels I've ever stayed in and will definitely stay here again next I visit Boston. Thank you!

• 11th Jun 2014

facilities are clean but a little much used.especially the sheet.the mattress is not comfortable. another thing should be mentioned is the location is nearby beach(not so nearby,about 20mins' bus driving)

It was 40-50$ the night so very expensive to have only 1 shower and 1 bed in dormitory room.... I didn't take any breakfast. Only coffee and hot water for tea + bread. I was expecting at least milk, cereals and orange juice. Not everybody drink tea or coffee. Except the cost, facilities and staff are very good and it is 1 of the top backpacker I have been regarding cleanliness.

Besides having showers and toilets in some rooms, we also have male and female shower rooms throughout the hostel. Most people have coffee or tea in the morning, and we changed to toast from the donuts we used to offer in the morning because that is what most guests preferred. We are sorry the Boston area is expensive, we all wish we could charge $20 per night, but real estate is through the roof and the cost of utilities in the Northeast are the highest in the United States. Thank you

Good value for the city of Boston. The hostel seems far out, but the shuttle service to and from the subway is excellent. Great staff at the hostel too, loved hearing the Boston accent around the halls.

Location not great as quite a few stops out of downtown, but the staff are very friendly and helpful. And other travelers there are friendly as well.

I had a great experience here. The staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming, and the bar is a breath of fresh air from the expensive Boston bar prices. The shuttle makes getting to / from the city a breeze. I met some really cool people here and will definitely be returning on my next Boston trip!

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

• 6th Jun 2014

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly and I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Great atmosphere and staff! The shuttle service is amazing so even though the hostel is a bit out of town, it's so easy to get anywhere. All the staff are friendly and super helpful. Very relaxed and happy atmosphere! Definitely would stay here again!!

• 29th May 2014

Had a great stay. Definitely will be back.

• 27th May 2014

Very nice stay so far. The atmosphere is quite nice, of course it will depend on the poeple you're in the hostel but with a bar with the match on(if you're into sport), a 8 ball pool room in the back (if you're not into sport) and an internet/ couchs room in the front. it will be hard for you to not enjoy your stay.(whoever you might be) on top of that the staff members are simply amazing, when they says "if their is anithing I can do to help you, just ask" THEY MEAN IT, no really, they do!

• 27th May 2014
  • Belgium

If u wanna have fun and visit Boston, don't look for another hostel, backpackers is perfect for u! U're gonna meet great people there!

• 24th May 2014
  • Argentina

Far from the subway but the hostel provide a shuttle service for free so that's not a problem. Small bar, perfect room with sofas, pool table, piano,... We really had a great time over there!! Thanks to the amazing staff and atmosphere!

Staff were excellent and helpful, shuttle bus from Wellington metro station made the location less of an issue. Beds were very uncomfortable though. Facilities were average, atmosphere was good but overall the steep price would put me off recommending when for the same price you could stay in downtown and avoid metro fare. It was also $20 more per night than I'd paid anywhere else in the states, and that's including New York which is notoriously expensive.

If you visit Boston , and want to experience Boston, you have to use the Metro, no matter if you stay at the Ritz for $500 per night, or Backpackers for $40 per night. if you want to avoid the Metro,and not pay the $2, just stay home and google Boston tourist attractions, and watch them on your computer or TV, and you can save your hard earned money. If we knew the $2 metro fare was such an issue, we would have given it to you. But our staff is Happy you liked our service. We enjoyed you.

There was a big guy that seemed unfriendly at first with black hair. The hostel should be available the minute some one walks in especially because of special request. They should have called me about what i wrote about the request. The other guys were so nice. The Facility should have a New kids on the Block Photo up near the American flag and WWE John Cena since they are celebrities from Boston and they have non-Boston people on the flag. There should be bigger lockers and enough of them.

• 24th May 2014

we will get a photo of the New Kids on the Block as soon as possible. Thank you for the suggestion

A nice plus is the Boston accent that all of the staff members share.

It was my second stay in 2 months at this Hostel. The free parking is super convenient as the traffic is terrible in Boston. With the shuttle you are downtown in less than 30 min door to door. Overall nice staff, clean and it's great to have a bar with TV and beers to watch the world cup and to meet people. There is a very nice beach (Revere) only 4 miles away. It's also quiet during the week so that's nice too if you go from hostels to hostels and want to have the chance to relax

• 23rd May 2014

Excellent hostel, very friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend it to any solo traveler!

• 23rd May 2014

When you take everything into account then this is a fantastic hostel! A lot of people have said it's far out - by all intents and purposes, within a large city it really isn't! The guys at the hostel are brilliant and will take care of all your travel needs that aren't on the MBTA with regular shuttles to the station. I can't praise them enough in this. It's a really social hostel and a great way of meeting people and the bar, pool table and staff just add the icing to the cake! :)

• 23rd May 2014

expensive but this is probably normal in Boston

Yes, Germany is really a bargain with its hotels for 300-500 Euros