Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

While the place is in Everett and basically a 20 minute train ride from Boston, as long as you're not planning on being out until the wee hours of the morning it's really not that big of a deal.You can walk to the station, catch one of three buses thaw stop within a block of the place, or use the hostel shuttle, which leaves every 30 mie starting at 0800. The orange line will connect anywhere you want to go in the city. The hostel is clean, but older, so it's not perfect but it has character

• 3rd Jul 2014

Nice place.

The hostel is outside of Boston but accessible off the orange line. The hostel offers a shuttle to the light rail station. However, the shuttle ends around 10p. The bus is not very reliable from the nearby light rail station but it is close enough to walk back to the hostel. The offer a light breakfast and the biggest surprise of all, parking. This is critical considering you need a resident pass to park on the street. The staff was helpful and friendly.

from may until october the shuttle runs until midnight. I am sorry this was not explained to you. we try to discourage guests from taking the bus and depend totally on our free shuttle. thank you for giving us a try

The hostel atmosphere was quite informal, relaxed and the service was good. The bathroom was clean which I appreciated. The room was equipped with A/C but I prefer open windows which was possible and which spoke volumes for safety and security. Hostel was located just a few metres from the bus stop and walking distance to Wellington station. Malls in close vicinity although the food in the area was terrible. Will definitely stay here on my return to Boston.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Lornie
  • Trinidad And Tobago

Brilliant Staff, Chris especially on the front desk, made us all feel welcome and kept the mode enjoyable. Large Lounge and heaps of space to read a book or play a game of pool. Everything was relaxed and all the people there went out together to do social things ! Really nice. Better than most inner city backpackers. had to catch a Subway there but its fun.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Extremely helpful staff here. Free shuttles to nearby train station make getting into town a breeze. Thanks Chris and the whole crew. Relaxing and cool old hostel.

My stay at Backpackers was a good experience ans I would recommand it if someone ask me where to stay in/near Boston. However, the breakfasts was so-so. I know that we don't have to hope a great breakfast but at least adding peanut butter, for example, should be appreciated.In a another line, I appreciated the fact that there were many people around the world at this place.

• 17th Jun 2014

The older staff were friendly and other guests were nice to talk to. It's not within walking distance of Boston but it is close to the metro. Towels and sheets were provided.

The staff is super nice and very helpful. This is the best hostel in Boston. I would recommend it to all.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Suriname

The staff were the best!! And even though the location was a bit out of town the free shuttle offered more the made up for it!!

Well, for starters, the door to my room didn't lock properly. The breakfast is meager at best. The beds are horrible. I would rather pay three times as much in a hotel room than to stay there again.

we checked the door and you just have to make sure you pull the door closed because it is a little tight. If you brought this to our attention we would have fixed it immediately. Breakfast is FREE and just something quick to get your day started. We try very hard to make sure everyone enjoys their stay, but sometimes it doesn't work. We hope you enjoyed Boston. Thank you

I tried Backpackers Hostel when I couldn't get into the downtown hostel. It is just 3 miles from downtown & they offer a shuttle to the subway every 30 minutes. Staff were very friendly & welcoming, and stores/restaurants were a short walk down the street.

A decent hostel located a bit outside of the city. Facilities were clean, staff were helpful and the free shuttle to and from the station was excellent. The breakfast is basic. The only downside was the kitchen was tiny and the top bunks didn't have a safety bar. There are two common areas to hang out in which was a good place to meet people and overall the atmosphere was good.

The staff that runs this place is extremely nice and I felt that they had a real interest that I was happy and content during my visit. The rooms were very clean. I didn't feel anxious about leaving my motorcycle parked in the parking lot overnight. I preferred walking to the train but the shuttle definitely helped me out when I wasn't feeling so high-energy. This is one of my most favorite hostels I've ever stayed in and will definitely stay here again next I visit Boston. Thank you!

• 11th Jun 2014

facilities are clean but a little much used.especially the sheet.the mattress is not comfortable. another thing should be mentioned is the location is nearby beach(not so nearby,about 20mins' bus driving)

It was 40-50$ the night so very expensive to have only 1 shower and 1 bed in dormitory room.... I didn't take any breakfast. Only coffee and hot water for tea + bread. I was expecting at least milk, cereals and orange juice. Not everybody drink tea or coffee. Except the cost, facilities and staff are very good and it is 1 of the top backpacker I have been regarding cleanliness.

Besides having showers and toilets in some rooms, we also have male and female shower rooms throughout the hostel. Most people have coffee or tea in the morning, and we changed to toast from the donuts we used to offer in the morning because that is what most guests preferred. We are sorry the Boston area is expensive, we all wish we could charge $20 per night, but real estate is through the roof and the cost of utilities in the Northeast are the highest in the United States. Thank you

Good value for the city of Boston. The hostel seems far out, but the shuttle service to and from the subway is excellent. Great staff at the hostel too, loved hearing the Boston accent around the halls.

Location not great as quite a few stops out of downtown, but the staff are very friendly and helpful. And other travelers there are friendly as well.

I had a great experience here. The staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming, and the bar is a breath of fresh air from the expensive Boston bar prices. The shuttle makes getting to / from the city a breeze. I met some really cool people here and will definitely be returning on my next Boston trip!

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!