Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Really well set up place the staff were amazing very friendly and helpful the free shuttle to the subway is a very helpful and useful addition the included breakfast is also a very good addition that is always helpful and of course the bar was great! highly recommend staying at this place was very good, can easily eat meals and drink around the area then free shuttle to the subway where it takes 10 or so minutes to get to downtown Boston! perfect.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay!

The location might not be the closest to Boston city center, but the shuttle service offered never disappointed me. Pool cues should be renewed, but still, he whole atmosphere in the cmmon room was great.

• 11th Aug 2014

Loved this place. The staff are lovely! there are regular shuttles to the local subway stop and when you get back all you have to do is call them and they pick you up so you always feel safe.

The Hostel is a bit out of center, but there is a free Shuttle service every 30mins/pick up service when you call them from the station, which was very call them. Breakfast is very basic but enough to start the day and there is a very nice common room. The internetstation was very nice, too.

Very helpful staff, great shuttle service to metro station. Room was not clean, bad mattress, dirty sheets and towels

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Austria

our rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day. Sometimes,when the rooms are full, this can be difficult, but we do the best we can. our laundry is done daily but if you had asked for a new set of sheets, that would have been done immediately. Bring your own towel in the future, that should solve that problem. Thank you for the review

I signed up for Boston Comic Con at the last minute and needed a cheap place to stay. Very good value for the money. Staff was very accommodating. Even when the station they normally drop Backpackers off closed, they made sure that we got to our intended destination and provided clear directions to us. I stayed in a private room with 3 sets of bunkbeds, our own toilet and shower. Roommates were friendly. Bed was moderately comfy. Free wifi, free parking, near Boston, you can't argue that!

• 8th Aug 2014

Best value place in Boston. The staff was always very friendly and available, I had to stay here for a while and they were really helpful and accommodating. They have a free shuttle from the hostel to the subway station which runs all day from 8:30 am to 11 pm and makes getting to downtown Boston very easy (just 4 subway stops away). There is also a shared area with pool table at the back and a small pub where they sell beer and where you can get free coffee and toast in the morning.

• 8th Aug 2014

Great set up and a good atmosphere, easy to meet people and get chatting. Free shuttle to the station is ideal and is not far from city centre. Would definitely recommend to stay here. And would stay here again.

The staff at Backpackers was very friendly. The free shuttle service is amazing!!! Also, the wireless internet is top notch!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Azerbaijan

thank you for the nice review and we are proud to have the fastest WI-FI in Boston. We are happy you agree.

Great atmosphere, easy to make new friends, and the bar is quite handy. A short bus ride to the beach, sometimes you don't even need the shuttle! A few suggestions: 1) Lockers in each dorm. 2) New tips for the pool cues haha! 3) Maybe leave the power tools until after checkout time.

• New Zealand

Shuttle bus from station really helpful, staff very welcoming, great stay!!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Good to reach by public transport (25 min from Boston downtown). The pub has a good athmosphere, you can always meet new people there.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I stayed here one night, but well worth the money! These guys were wonderful! The staff were friendly, the place was clean and welcoming. I was at A Red Soxs game that went quite late and they were very accommodating in letting me check in late. My cab got lost and they gave the driver directions, even made sure he wasn't ripping me off. They went above and beyond when they didn't have to. It is a great location if you need to go to the airport, it was a quick, cheap ride. Thanks guys!!! 😊

• 3rd Aug 2014

Excellent place, super staff and the shuttle is very handy!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Really great staff and there was a free shuttle to the train station that made it super easy to get in town. Good vibe and overall a really cool hostel

• 31st Jul 2014

The staff in the hostel were exceptional. Couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Dropped me and my 5 friends out to the airport in the shuttle bus so we didn't have to spend a fortune on taxis.

• 31st Jul 2014

Such a lovely place to stay at. Steve and the staff were so lovely and welcoming. The shuttle service is so useful and they were even kind enough to drop us off at target or other locations if needed. The bar was great and well stocked, and the other guests who wanted to party at the weekend were easy to coralle into joining us, using the bar as a start off venue. An awesome stay, I was sad to leave! thanks guys!

I've stayed there almost two weeks in July, and I've met a lot of people there cause this hostel provide places where you can get to know each other. I must say that Boston is the city I enjoyed the most during my trip and I don't think it would have been the same if I hadn't stayed there. The people who are working there are allways helpfull, they know how to take their time and hurry up!

• 29th Jul 2014

Pro: Shuttle to the Metro Station and back, lockers, friendly and helpful staff, everything was clean and tidy Con: moderate breakfast, quite a small kitchen