Backpackers Hostel & Pub Reviews

13 School Street Everett/Boston MA 02149, Boston, USA

Hospitable and friendly staff....What a welcoming environment and great location. Close to everything....

• 28th Apr 2015

Friendly Staff, clean facilities, safe. The location is not ideal but the free shuttle to the nearby train station makes it ok.

• 18th Apr 2015

Very clean and very safe and the shuttle service is fantastic. There was a load of us there for the marathon and they got up early to feed us and shuttle us to Wellington Station and generally look after us. Breakfast is basic toast with tea or coffee, but it's good. There's lots of places to get food or eat out a block away in Everett. Beds are a little uncomfortable, but for all the other benefits like free, good wifi, a pool table, clean, hot showers, a bar, and friendly staff it's worth it.

Room and bathrooms were clean even though while I was there they were doing renovations. Bed wasn't great but it wasn't bad either but good enough for the week I was there. The staff were probably the best thing about the hostel. They were incredibly helpful and friendly. It's in an alright location, but the staff make up for it by dropping guests off at the train station and picking them up. Definitely a hostel I'll stay in again because when the renovations are done it'd be better.

• 14th Apr 2015

awesome spot to stay staff was great . shuttle great and wifi the best , free parking ect

• 13th Apr 2015

The staff was super nice and accommodating. It's great that they pick you up from the nearby T stop and bring you back pretty much whenever you need it. I arrived pretty late and it was pretty quiet, but it seemed like it would be a fun place to hang out with others...either at the bar they have, or in the back where there was a room with a TV and pool table. One last thing: I accidentally left a ring that I really like in the bathroom, and when I called they offered to mail it back to me!

• 11th Apr 2015

The staff Chris was very nice, He did everything he could do to make ourself home in the hostel, which I really appreciate. And the shuttle service was really great and convenient to have.

This is one of those hostels that is aware of its imperfections and works very hard to make your stay comfortable. It also makes a big difference that the staff are very kind and flexible. The place is a bit out of the way, so they run a free shuttle. The walls are a bit thin, so they let you move to a quieter room. It's a bit shabby, but artwork gives it atmosphere and their new renovations will be a big improvement. The kitchen is small and lacks cutlery, but that's the only real problem.

Basically I can confirm the previous reviews. The staff is great, the shuttle service is cool, but the location still is quite far off, all though it looks quite close to the center on the Map. The hostel is fine, if you had more people around you could enjoy yourself on the bar, the pool table, TV, piano... They got a lot. The room is fine, with an own toilet. It smelled a bit like old sweat, but it was only the dorm. It's still a hostel, it didn't disturb me too much. I'd come again.

Staff cared a lot about the well-being of their guests. Very professional.

• 2nd Apr 2015

One of my favourite hostels of all time, you will have to search long and hard to find a more hospitable one! The staff is beyond fantastic (and fun), they'll go the extra mile without doubt. Facilities are partially newly renovated, safe and clean. My one regret is that I couldn't stay longer. And that I had to leave without proper goodbyes. I'll definitely be back! :) ( I'll dream about those pizza bagels i forgot to bring with me for months)

Friendly, helpful, convenient. Shuttle service to Orange line was great! They were in the midst of a remodeling project when I was there, and they went out of their way to be accommodating. I am in my 60's, z little older than the younger clientele, but felt right at home and warmly welcomed.

• 29th Mar 2015

This is an excellent hostel with extremely friendly staff. Will definitely come back if I visit Boston again.

Great stuff! the shuttle is great too very recommanded

The hostel was pretty good. Nice people, all amenities in the room included, all convenient services avaioable (shuttle to subways station and airport). Fair prices and the most important thing: incredible staff!

Will come back. Great place.

• 8th Mar 2015

great place good people work there and boston is awesome

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Latvia

Everyone was super friendly and welcoming. This was my first time staying in a hostel and I most certainly plan to again. The cost was just right and there was breakfast in the morning.

• 7th Mar 2015

thank you for the nice review and kind comments. Our entire staff appreciates your coming to Backpackers. We wish the weather was a little bit better. Thank you

The staff was friendly and made us feel at home. There was a warm and welcoming atmosphere all around.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »