Backpackers Hotel Toyo Osaka Reviews

1-3-5, Taishi, Nishinari, Osaka, Japan

I really enjoyed staying at Hotel Toyo! Some reviews mentioned the area being less than ideal, but I had no problems with the area and always felt safe. The staff was extremely helpful and cheerful, the facilities (especially the shower situation) were always clean and readily available, and having an individual room to myself was a huge plus! I highly recommend this place and will definitely go back when in the area!~

• 26th Jul 2015

The rooms smelled bad, and were full of stains. My girlfriend wasn't given a matress, only sheets. I needed to go online and their internet connection is terrible. Really terrible. Of 5 toilets, only 3 have hot water. We had to leave and find another hostel for our last night in osaka because we couldn't stay there another night. They refunded one night for one person even we were two. And while doing so, charged me 100 bucks by mistake, fixed it later. It was by far, the worst hostel we stayed.

you will die without air con in the room!!!

Great hotel, friendly staff who speak english well.

Stayed here at the end of a three week vacation in japan and it was everything I needed. Clean, safe and great staff.

Great staff, location, travelers information, and pricing.

Had a wonderful stay! The people (both staff and other guests) were friendly and inviting. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Although the price is very fair I did not like the place, I would not stay there more than two or three nights. If you need to stay just for some days and need to save some money that's alright.

Very good atmosphere - very cool decoration and great to meet people . All facilities available and nice own room I would definitely return again if I was to stay in Osaka, the staff were very kind

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really good hostal, one of the best, great staff, and great ambiance, really recomend it!

You get your own small tatami room with the price of dorm. A nice change after several shared rooms in different hostels. Little bit older building but everything works and is clean enough. The common room is really nice and peaceful compared to other similar ones and people like to hang out there. Near JR station.

Best shower rooms we have come across, clean and spacious. Simplistic two person private room with fridge. Had everything we needed and good information regarding Osaka.

The pillows were tiny and filled with styrofoam, made the (already very basic) room uncomfortable. However, the location was excellent! So close to the train stations. Staff were lovely, although they accidentally gave wrong information about the time that the post office would be open to (which led to me wasting 2 hours for nothing).

Staff is really nice, location is just 2 mins from the subway, the spa world is 5 min walking, lots of foreigners, really clean and safe, I will definitely stay again!!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Love the toilet and shower room on the first floor! They are really clean and tidy. The room i stayed was on the first floor is a bit old and need some reconstruction to improve ( I think the hostel just rebuild the shower rooms because they seem very new comparing to the guest room) Washing machine open 8am which is a bit too late However, staffs are really helpful and the location of the hostel is excellent!

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

The hotel was pretty clean and the staff were really nice. My room smelled quite musty though it was a really good value for my money.

This was a perfect place to relax after a long flight. 1: great location next to JR and subway, easy to get there from the airport, easy to get around the city 2: value. A private room in Japan for 15 bucks! sweet 3: staff: super friendly, competent, helpful and fun 4: atmosphere: room is very Japanese, sleeping on the floor with a futon. Great common room with a complete kitchen. Cool murals 5: great showers with nice shampoo etc... provided. Yes they are on the first floor, stairs

The staff was very nice and it's very close to one of the JR stations. However, the place smelled funny. Idk if it was they type of incense being used but it smelled weird. And I don't think the toilets were properly cleaned because they all smelled. I've been to a few hostels and the other ones were nothing like this. I would not recommend this to one of my friends.

Great little place to stay for cheap in Osaka.

this was one of the best places I have every visited in my entire life while traveling. The staff was so friendly, they were around my age, great fun, and extremely accommodating. The entire atmosphere of the hostel was so laid back, you just couldn't help but make friends with everyone who stayed and/or worked there. In all, this hostel was one of the best experiences of my life, and I will surely be back as soon as I can!

• 5th Jul 2015