Backpackers Hotel Toyo Osaka Reviews

1-3-5, Taishi, Nishinari, Osaka, Japan

Good location and price

Awesome hostel and great value for money

• 30th Jan 2016

The main asset of this guesthouse is the fact that we have our own room. It's very good for privacy; but rooms are a bit cold (without A/C). Also, the atmosphere is good, and you can stay in the common room as long as you want, which is great! The rooms are cheap, yet clean and comfortable. You can find plenty of hot showers. However the neighbourhood feels really dirty, and I didn't feel safe there...(many weird people). Still, it's very close to a subway station, so super convenient!

Lovely place with good vibes and plenty of N64 games

We stayed in a traditional tatami room as a couple. The room was clean and spacious with a fridge and heater. Staff were friendly and accommodating. We were given a map with all the highlights of the area. One highlight of this hostel is the common room, where we met like minded people and shared Sake together. We have no hesitation of staying here again when in Osaka.

Very conveniently located near Dobutsuen-mae station in Osaka. There are convenience stores and cheap supermarkets like Super Tamade nearby. Individual rooms and clean shower/toilet facilities with soap, shampoo and conditioner provided. The air conditioner made the room very warm and comfortable for me. Thank you for the great hospitality!

The atmosphere was quite unique in this hostel. Having our own room is awesome, even though we can hear everything. But it's a very good value for money. Just so you know, I found the neighborhood is a bit dirty and full of weird people. Still, the hostel is close to the station, so it's very convenient.

Nice, Friendly & Clean

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

The rooms were too cold, only a duvet to keep warm, no heating system!

The hostel staff were very proficient in English and they were very friendly and helpful!! I would most definitely stay here again

Nice and helpful staff

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Hong Kong

Reasonable price, location near to station which is very convenient, staff is nice. Showers on first floor/gf, its a little bit uncomfortable. The wall is thin, you can hear people walking or talking. If you're staying in a room without aircond in winter & youre someone who doesnt stand cold just prepare yourself, they do provide a small foot warmer which does help, but you might need extra heat pack.

Good price considering you have your own room. Bed is a futon on the floor but more then comfortable. Good location near a JR station and metro. Being winter it was cold at night if you don't take a air con room. You get a small foot warmer which does help, so I wasn't necessarily cold but there was a draft coming from the window which was chilly on my head. Equipped kitchen to cook yourself. Also has a common room.

nice hostel. very economic for lone travellers who wish for private moments. staff are very helpful and friendly. did not stay in hostel most of the time so can't comment about facilities. the common area and the kitchen is attached and need to go through the common area to get to the kitchen can be rather difficult when there are people watching tv or playing games.

Location is excellent and price is reasonable and stuffs are very kind too but there is shower rooms only in first floor. It's a little bit uncomfortable. In the room was a little too cold.

Really good atmosphere. The common room always has people gathering around the N64 or just drinking and chatting. Single rooms are nice but the walls are paper thin. Other facilities aren't 100% but definitely bearable. Would stay again. Only hostel in Japan so far with some kind of atmosphere.

At times (usually when you needed it the most) internet was slowed down and sketchy, disappeared a few times. Annoying! Staff ok I guess but not at all the extreme service mindedness you'll encounter in most places in Tokyo as a customer. Staff girl looking up at other guest behind me when I was trying to get a little information/help felt extremely impolite. Also some did not have so good English. Sheets felt clean but the building itself is quite dilapidated.

Is it cheap? Yes. Is it the bare minimum? Yes. You get what you pay for. Unless you are on an extremely tight budget, I'd recommend you spend a bit more on accommodation. Another $10 could likely get you a much more hospitable hostel. The room had a strange smell to it, and the facilities were worn. I figured if I slept with a winter coat on under the blanket I wouldn't feel cold - I was wrong.

Cheap place, nearby the train station, very safe.

I thought it was good. The times available to use the shower room were a bit short, I thought, especially in the morning. I didn't wait in until 7:30am to shower. It should open earlier. I did your review now please stop emailing me.

• 4th Jan 2016