Backpackers Hotel Toyo Osaka Reviews

1-3-5, Taishi, Nishinari, Osaka, Japan

Except the air condition sell not good

• 7th Sep 2014
  • China

My overall rating in percent isn't that good' but if you're looking for a cheap place to stay and you want to have your all small room with thin walls you could go for Hotel Toyo. There are some homeless people in the neighbourhood, but I never felt unsafe or so. The metro station is very close to the Hotel and a Supermarket is just a 5 Minutes walk away. The rooms are small, so better go for one with air conditioning. Staff is very friendly. Just 4 warm showers. You get what you pair for:)

I really enjoyed my stay. Good value for money!

The rooms smell musty. I wouldn't want to stay more than a night. Value for money and privacy is great.

Everything was great except for the cockroach that fell from our air conditioner the day we arrived

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

The place wasn't bad, but Osaka in August without air conditioner is dreadful. In the rooms there was just a little fan. Good hostel except in summer

the hostel is a little far away from the station, however it is clean and nice stay. The bed is a little annoying because of making sounds.

Have you ever heard of a hostel? Imagine one. You just imagined BACKPACKERS HOTEL TOYO OSAKA. This hostel has everything: written walls, no charge drinks, private rooms. Wow was I sweating in there.

Just stayed one night but it seemed a nice hostel for the price you pay. It's very cheap to a city like Osaka, the individual rooms are nice, japanese style with tatamis, TV and fridge. The only problem is that they didn't have more rooms with A/C so I had to sleep all night with the fan near and it was really hot and not so confortable. Staff is nice, atmosphere seemed nice also with a lot of people talking on the common space. It really seems a good value for the money you pay!

The area around hostel is a bit rough, but it is only minutes from subway station. Rooms are nice, very clean, good WIFI, nice small kitchen and lounge. Good budget place for a short stop-over in Osaka.

i didn't realize that my room was without air-conditioning when i booked!!!!! But it make sense cause the price is good.

so far so good... it oks...

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

You get what you pay. Rooms are Japanese style, so you imagine how they will be. My stay would have been perfect if we had A/C. Shower room was very nice.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Honduras

I really enjoyed my stayed at Hotel Toyo and would highly recommend it. The staff are friendly and helpful, the common room is a great place to relax and meet people, they provide toiletries in the showers (a nice touch), and the price was great for a single room. I also liked the local area too, as it had lots of character and characters, for that matter.

Very good location - super close to train and metro stations and able to walk to many of the main parts of Osaka! Wish the common room was a bit more open and friendly but I still met some great people and liked that there was a kitchen available for use.

We made the assumption that air con was in our room so maybe look for that when booking very nice clean hostel with excellent staff. A nintendo 64 and playstation in the common room is an excellent idea!

This hostel very badly needs an update. It only had toilets on one floor. Showers and toilet did not get clean properly. The rooms smelled rather bad of old cabbage. The kitchen was crowded. The area where the hostel was place was central, but a rather unpleasant area. The staff where quite well at english, but did seems bored to be a work ... You will survive staying here, but I would not recommend it.

This hostel is great for small budgets. The location is good and the building was quite clean. I only regret not having air conditioning in my room. Also, the atmosphere (not the people) is kinda "prison-like". But the staff was very nice.

Great hostel. Nice, helpful staff. The rooms were a little hot without A/C, but you get an electric fan and it's a private room for 1900 yen. Not a bad location. About a minute from the subway station in downtown Osaka. Facilities were clean enough. Overall, I'd recommend it.

The staff were very friendly and eager to help my friend and I with any problem we had. We knew that we would have no air conditioner and it was ok for one night with just a fan. If we were to stay any longer then I would of wanted something more as it was the height in summer so it was very hot! The showers were a good size and the common area was very chilled out which I liked.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7