Backpackers Hotel Toyo Osaka Reviews

1-3-5, Taishi, Nishinari, Osaka, Japan

Had a great stay. The room was just right for me, and the amenities were enough. Great value for your money.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Pillows were a little bit hard. Not sure if they are made of drinking straws or not. But overall excellent

Nice and friendfriendly staffs, they are vey helpful with everyting.. The hostel is in a very good location of Osaka, I will definitely go back to stay there again.. Thank you Hotel TOYO :))

Great value for money. Very close to train station. Helpful staff and great common room. Would stay there again!

Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Great location. Walking distance from shinsekai and radium onsen (sento). Convenient because midosuji subway line is just 2mins walk away. Totally value for money, especially the normal Japanese room kind. Would definitely come back to this place the next time i visit Osaka.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Needs more backpacker atmosphere

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Thank you very much for making our stay so nice. Your staff was always very helpful and friendly. We will recommend you!

Nice location, staff and facilities in this hostel. However, you can smell bad bamboo things in your room when you enter.

Initially booked for 2 nights and wanted to extend my stay for 2 more nights. Staff was very accommodating and when there was a cancellation they let me know. Hostel is clean, great price for a private room. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

I will definitely recommend this place to my friends who are trying to travel to Japan on a budget and want a very good hostel for a low price. It was so clean and the staff were incredibly helpful when I needed directions to places. Also the location was perfect for hopping on and off the metro to travel around the area. I managed to visit Kobe, Osaka, and Kyoto during my 3 day stay and I grew very comfortable riding the metro. Thanks so much! Next time I'll come back to stay again!

• 22nd Jun 2015

I loved having my own room and space, especially after weeks of staying in dorms in other hostels. The wifi wasn't always working but it was great on level 1. I liked that shampoo and conditioner were provided, very helpful. The staff were very friendly and spoke amazing English! The common room was very nice as well.

Well, I was happy with it but many people wouldn't be. I think it is what you make of it. It's a small three tatami room with a futon and a fan. The lights work and you get a pair of slippers. There are showers downstairs and a bathroom down the hall. Overall I think it's perfectly functional!

Clean facilities and friendly staff, although the walls are a bit thin. The place could do with more showers too but other than that, no complaints for a private room at 1600 yen.

Was surprised to have my own prvate room here. It was a little small but clean and comfortable. The hostel was in a very interesting location with JR, Metro and several attractions nearby. As there are no dorms you have to make a little extra effort to meet people but the kitchen/socal area works quite well for doing this.

This was undoubtably one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed in offered by Hostelworld. The staff were extra special people who continually went overboard to assist their patrons The common room was a place of laughter and friendship a place I shall not forget If in Osaka try to get into the Toya Hotel.

The hostel is in a great location, but there is only one big shower room for the whole building, sometime you may need to wait a while for taking a shower.

The first night I came in, I realized the place itself was not the cleanest. The floors are vinyl and are falling apart. It looks like a rundown apartment complex. I saw my room, which was private, and it was very bare. It was simply tatami and a futon with a pillow with literally beans in them. This would be fine and all if it was actually clean. I saw a roach on the tatami. I killed it, but it didn't do well for my confidence and peace of mind. The showers were clean though.

I thought the room were as described and very cleanly. I would like to see more group activities available to those visiting, like hostel activities. Otherwise, super friendly staff and very euphoric atmosphere . (nice common room to chill in after a long day). Only 45 minute express train from Kansai Airport!!

• 15th Jun 2015

in a very convienent location next to the loop line and th e subway. own private room was great for when coming back a little drunk at night. staff also had some good local restaurant recommendations

-Inexpensive -Fantastic location -Private room for the cost (or less) or a typical dorm room -Good environment for meeting other people -Small but nice kitchen/common room

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7