Backpackers Hotel Toyo Osaka Reviews

1-3-5, Taishi, Nishinari, Osaka, Japan

Such a great place, cheapest hostel in Japan I've stayed in. Private rooms so you have to make a little more effort to talk to people. Staff are very friendly and willing to help out with anything and cleanliness is on point 👌. Only downside was the wifi wasn't great but I guess it was good enough!

The staff is smiling and very welcoming. The place is strategic in Osaka, near to Tennoji park, Tennoji zoo, shitennoji temple and the iconic tower of shinsekai. I like the Hotel and the place.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Morocco

I am 27 and my fiance and I were looking for a clean, cheap place to crash for a couple of nights in Osaka. We scheduled to stay 2 nights but cut our loses and left after the 1st night due to discomfort. The environment of the hostel was extremely social and the walls were paper thin, making it very difficult to sleep, even with ear plugs. If you are looking for a fun, frat house atmosphere, this is a great place, but as two weary travelers looking for a place to sleep, it was not for us.

Great place and affordable! Its also close to many attractions that made my trip really enjoyable. Staff are all very friendly:)

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Good location to JR line and close to attractions. Price....you get what you pay for.

When we arrived the owner let us have early checkin at 11 which was great, free tea and coffee upstairs with nice roof terrace and good sized beds , massive TV in lounge !

The front desk staff was soooo nice and the other guests at the hostel were awesome too! I gladly recommend this hostel to anyone who doesn't possese a snooty booty! (I.e. Ok with whatever as long as they have food and shelter)

This was a really good hostel for the price you pay. Clean, nice little tatami mat rooms, the staff was extremely friendly. I loved it. When I booked this hostel and while reading the previous reviews made me think it would be a bad hostel. In my opinion it is not bad at all and I would recommend people to stay here.

Best quality you can find for this price. Close to JR station and on the Midosuji-line, which will pretty much get you anywhere in Osaka. Walking distance from Nihonbashi/Den den town.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

You totally get what you pay for! Really easy to get the subway into town and the train to the airport! Could really do with a better pillow though!

very bad wifi,after all is good

English staff, accommodating to our questions, nice common room! A little poor wi-fi except in the lobby and common room.

My Oasis in Japan. Loved this place, stayed there twice during my trip. Very nice and helpful staff, perfect location with JR pass and/or subway. Perfect value for money. The place to stay in Osaka!

Far away but one bedroom for you for really cheap price!!

Staffs are nice. Near JR, Nankai

Value for money!

Pros: 2 subway stations away from Namba/Dotonburi, yet not in a busy area. 5mins walking (with heavy bags + raining) to the Airport express station. Showers are excellent. Rooms are comfy, fit for a single person with XL luggage. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Cons: Musty smell in the common room especially when the young drunks are there. Tolerable for about 1/2 hour. Verdict: Recommended and will definitely stay here again.

good location

Friendly staff and the place is very lively. The common room was a good place to hang out. The rooms are nice tatami although very old. Had a musky smell. The toilets are okay. Good location convenient to subway modisuji stop and lots of local shops to eat nearby. The neighbourhood is very different than downtown osaka!

Not really good and cleanless.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7