Backpackers Hotel Toyo Osaka Reviews

1-3-5, Taishi, Nishinari, Osaka, Japan

Even though the rooms are not expensive, they are very dirty and old. Not acceptable!!!!

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

If you happen to stay in the room without and AC, just know that it will get really hot. Be aware, the shower room is on the first floor and there are only six stalls. There are no elevators, so carrying heavy luggage can be a bit of a struggle. The restrooms smell of urine, but they're somewhat clean.

Everything was nice. It would be better if there was an elevator, but I am satisfied.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Russia

The hostel is a very bare bones place to stay. The rooms are tiny but thats all that you really need, although if you are staying for an extended amount of time, the limited space might be a problem. It in a convenient location, only two blocks from Namba and downtown Osaka which is great. I will definitely be staying there again when I spend the night in Osaka.

Great value! Private rooms can only be locked from the inside, so don't leave any valubles. But they will lock up your luggage if you drop it off before check-in time. The reception is open 24/7 which is great in case of emergencies. Really nice atmosphere.

I usually don't write reviews, but as I have been so happy to stay in this hotel I will write few words. First of all, thank you to Brian, the manager as he was so nice with me and very helpful. When I arrived he briefed me about the things to do in town. Then I really loved my room (tatami be, I slept like a baby). The house was very quiet at night. Also the house is perfectly located. Litterally 5mn walk from the train station, 5mn walk from 7 eleven, etc. My best stay in Japan so far ;)

• 13th Aug 2015

Staff was great, and provided me with everything I needed when asked in terms of info and what to do around Japan.

Staff extremely helpful. I got lost going from train station to hostel and called them from a phone booth and they actually came to get me! Atmosphere in common room really nice; easy to talk to people and watch some TV Loved having my own room and air conditioning was essential (Osaka in August is hothothot!) Neighbourhood seems a little sketchy at night but never encountered anything dangerous really.

This was a really nice place to stay! Good facilities, perfect location and the staff was really helpful. My only recommendation would be to make sure to get a room with AC. Osaka is hot in the summer! .

Near from Tsutenkaku tower and dendentown! Very convinience to move by underground train!

The staff is amazing. They give me very good places to eat and a lot of helpfull informations about the city. The showers are very clean but the toilets are smelling bad.

Good location, staff that speaks good english... Good facilities.... I liked the hostel except that the rooms don't have ac... Just leave te door a bit open to cool your room down.... And don't worry nothing will be stolen while you are asleep :))

The staff was OK. The bedrooms are old but shower-rooms are new. The area is shabby but I don't think it's dangerous though. It's a very cheap place.

there's only one shower room for severa floors of guest rooms. excellent place otherwise!

Definitely don't recommenced for the summer. No air-conditioners and the rooms were literally like ovens. We ended up paying for the night realizing it was too hot for us to stay in the rooms (no refund) and then ended up staying the night at Spa World accross the street (24/7 Onsen) Winter might be OK but summer, NO!

Nice staff, very good showers.

The room could be better, for now it's so-so

Good, affordable well located guesthouse.

Great place for the price

Great atmosphere