Backpackers Hotel Toyo Osaka Reviews

1-3-5, Taishi, Nishinari, Osaka, Japan

so far so good... it oks...

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

You get what you pay. Rooms are Japanese style, so you imagine how they will be. My stay would have been perfect if we had A/C. Shower room was very nice.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Honduras

I really enjoyed my stayed at Hotel Toyo and would highly recommend it. The staff are friendly and helpful, the common room is a great place to relax and meet people, they provide toiletries in the showers (a nice touch), and the price was great for a single room. I also liked the local area too, as it had lots of character and characters, for that matter.

We made the assumption that air con was in our room so maybe look for that when booking very nice clean hostel with excellent staff. A nintendo 64 and playstation in the common room is an excellent idea!

This hostel is great for small budgets. The location is good and the building was quite clean. I only regret not having air conditioning in my room. Also, the atmosphere (not the people) is kinda "prison-like". But the staff was very nice.

I get a nice small single room with quite reasonable price, and everything is neat and well functioning. Good location too. But at night some weird looking men may be hanging around that area. I don't think it's unsafe though, just feels a bit uneasy as a girl travelling alone.

very good location. clean rooms and bathrooms. friendly staff.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Philippines

This place was great. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Highly recommend.

Great hostel, super nice staff too.

Good hostel with nice little common room to meet other guests although only there for one night had some good chats and met some friendly people. Shower rooms very clean and well maintained. Room fairly spacious with fridge. Bed was a mattress on a tatami floor which was fine. Would return

In a poor area of Osaka, lots of homeless people and is very dirty. Subway is super easy to take from there. The room smells and is tiny and if you don't get one with air conditioning, it is soo hot. Was very average and would have payed a little bit more to stay somewhere much nicer

Good hostel except for the fact that the hallway with the twin rooms is not separated from the reception area, common room, laundry room, showers and toilets, so our stay was unfortunately very noisy. A separation wall or door would have guaranteed more quiet and better sleep!

I really enjoyed this hostel. It more than met my expectations. The staff is very responsive. I left my passport behind and they notified me within hours. Good location close to the metro line. Also, there is a terrific okonomiyaki place nearby which I would highly recommend going to. I will stay hear again on my next trip to Osaka.

the mattresses and pillows are very dirty. even though they are covered with sheets and pillow cases, please do wash them once in a while. it really looks disgusting when the sheets are too thin and pillow cases don't even cover the pillows. also the temperature, at 37 degrees on the day we visited, warrants adding air-conditioning in each room. this is a very hot area in Japan, and we saw a lot of guests lingering around the reception area which is air-conditioned after midnight.

The backpackers hostel was really nice. It was clean and the staff was nice and able to speak English. The hostel is located at the Osaka loop line so it is easy to reach every important sightseeing spot in Osaka from there. I really enjoyed my stay there.

• 24th Jul 2014

Very bad location...but it was very cheap as well.A lot of other hostels are in this area though...i would recommend to avoid it. Also make sure you get a room with air conditioner. I didn't had one and It wasn't pleasant at all.

The hotel's location is very good and staff is very nice.The only one disadvantage is no air condition.

Cordial and friendly staff. Not really a backpacker atmosphere but a good break if you want privacy.

-There are totally 6 shower rooms in this hostel it's enough even in rush time (maybe just wait for 5 min) -2 toilet on 1st floor and 3 more in 3rd floor, they are all cleen and never let me wait -laundry area must be waiting sometime but not big deal So totally this place is good for who is looking for reasonable price accommodation...if I have a chance to go Osaka again I'll stay here ;)

Very good place to stay