Backpackers House Paraty Reviews

rua Aldemar Duarte Coelho 20, Paraty, Brazil

Fantastic atmosphere and really friendly staff, just like (almost literally) staying in someone's home. What other reviewers have said about the breakfast is all true. Only downsides: 2 bathrooms for 20 people is really a stretch, and the internet sucks. But other than that, great hostel.

Thanks Jonny; there is 2 bathrooms and 1 extra shower for 16 people and 2 other bathrooms in the private rooms. Anyway I know that we need 2 more bathrooms/showers but till next summer i will not have that space. Internet was bad this days cause the provider in town in changing the hole net....they say....:( nos vemos, huevón!! :)

Excellent hostel. Great location. Great breakfast. Nice family atmosphere. Only issue was WiFi - was slow and cut out for a period of time.

thanks Vimal, wifi is that shit only for a while, provider is building a new net and changing my equipment, sorry about it I hope to see you again

The breakfast is the best we had in Brazil. The location is top. Two common toilets are not enough of the hostel is full.

I don't recommend this hostel. There is a non-welcome atmosphere (if I can put in this words). Although breakfast is good, I didn't feel confortable.

Good hostel, with an intimate atmosphere. People are nice, breakfast is very generous and it is quite close to the bus station, which allows people that want to visit nearby beaches to take the different buses quickly. It is also close to the center.

Good location right next to the bus station and a ten minute walk to the beaches and old town. Friendly chilled out vibe in hostel and on certain nights everyone sits around and has a bbq and Caipirinhas.

Really nice hostel! Excellent breakfast, clean, hot showers good facilities. The owner really goes out of his way to make everyone feel welcome at the hostel creating a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere, he offers great food nights and extras that long-term travellers will appreciate.

Fairly uninterested staff. Rooms and showers are horribly tiny.Just not worth the price.

we, the staff, are interested in people that say hello and reply something when we try to talk to. This guy was not that open to this. Our privates are tiny and comfy, so, knowing this please book on it only if you are not going to complain with this conditions

Nice hostel near the bus station and the city center. Amazing breakfirst !! And nice garden..

• 26th Jun 2014

A nice quiet little hostel. Breakfast is really awesome. Was rather quiet when I visited but that is probably due to the time of the year.

Feels like staying in someones house! Very small chilled out vibe. Breakfast makes you feel like a king, by far the best breakfast I have ever seen at a hostel. Wifi is poor

A super-friendly Argentinian family run this hostel. Very laid-back vibe about the place with hammocks and a nice lounge area. Looks like a swimming pool / decking is being built/renovated at the moment. Large home-made breakfast with lots of variety.

The staff is so kind and nice and the hostel is 1min from the bus station.

The other guests make this hostel. It can be very quiet but if you want to chill out then it's a good option. The pool was still under construction when I stayed but I was told it would be ready in a few weeks time. The location is good, just across from the bus station and supermarket, only 15 or 20 minutes from the nearest beach. It's not a party hostel but we did have one great night out due to a local festival happening at the time. Far from other hostels which are mainly near the beach.

Stayed there three nights. Highly recommends this joyful hostel, with an excellent breakfast. Thanks to Adrian, Maxi and all the other Argentinian (i can't remember all their names unfortunately), my friends and I had a great time there.

Breakfast is excellent, great spread. Triple bunks. Wifi is very poor, pool still being built and very small. Staff were friendly. Location is good as next to the bus station but lots of hostels on the beach which is better

The only good thing about this hostel is the breakfast, as everyone says. Otherwise, we found the staff to be unfriendly and unhelpful. The room and bathroom were really small. The shower was particularly tiny in our private room. There was a construction yard in the front as they are building a swimming pool so the picture that shows a pool is false. The location is next to the supermarket, so there are noisy delivery trucks all the time. It is expensive too. Look elsewhere.

"being from somebody that extend the stay is hard to understand your comment Staff 94% rated is unfriendly and unhelpful? The private rooms are small but the value is fair. We are in central area (means bit of noise in rush hours). If was expensive why did you extend? We finish a NEW BETTER swimming pool & and other chiill out area. You want pics of the contruction (during 3 weeks that took to build it) Now is winter and cold, time to do it, nobody was using the pool."

As a first note, we were in Paraty during low season, so I would probably give a few more points for atmosphere is the place was a little busier. Overall, this is more of a home stay rather than your traditional hostel. If you are looking for a laid back house, then this is more in that manner. Pros - breakfast is amazing, Adrian rocks Cons - the groups sticks to themselves, so you get an interesting social split of foreigners and residents, the bathroom upstairs needs work, construction.

so in the low season we deserve lower points??? I will open a new hostel in Taiwan just to deserve 100%, right? I can´t understand the "cons"...(?). please, email us to explain that. Good critics are my base to improvements. regards from Adrian (who was very bewildered reading your comment) I hope to see you again Pablo

Really nice hostel - really friendly, helpful staff and good location near the bus station (especially handy for when you first get in!)

Great Hostel, nice atmosphere and close to the old town, bus station and supermarket. And friendly helpfull staff!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4