Backpackers House Paraty Reviews

rua Aldemar Duarte Coelho 20, Paraty, Brazil

It was such a nice place to stay! Almost everyone in my room extended their stay for 1 or 2 more nights. You just feel home in this hostel, I definitely recommand it for backpackers.

this hostel is so cool with a great staff and a very communal atmosphere. for sure one of the best breakfasts i have had at a hostel

Nice place with friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is good and plently of it. Room was very smelly

should we wash the costumers? cause we clean the room deeply everyday....

We had a great experience at Backpackers House! They are located right near the bus station and supermarket and only a 5 minute walk to the historic center. We were happy not to be in the center of the historic district because it gets really busy in high season. The owner was very nice and helpful and arranged our transfer to Ilha Grande. While we were there he hosted a homemade pizza and unlimited caipirinhas night, which was awesome! Great common space. We would definitely stay here again!

Great breakfast, good location, but uncomfortable beds. Most guests and staff are native spanish speakers.

well, our matresses are god if you compare. We don´t understand what more some people wants fpr facilities. Is a great mistery cause out of the turistic materials we ha a COMPLETE homely house..... sorry if we are foreins too as some guests; seems that this is very important into yous atmosphere apretiation.

The place is really cool, with a lot of space to interact or just chill (sofas, hammocks, a pool, a deck, etc). The beds are comfortable and the room have a lot of space too. All staff were all very friendly and helpful, not a single complain about that. The breakfast is amazing, with lots of fresh options to choose. The best I've ever seen in a hostel. The place could be a little bit cleaner, but I understand that it's a hostel with lots of people so it isn't bad at all. Would come back 100%

• 8th Jan 2016

The room we were offered was definitely poor, the public bathrooms were wet most of the time and the hostel was very hot, no air conditioning anywhere. It's not all bad, but you can stay at better places in Paraty, I don't recommend this one.

• 29th Dec 2015

The owner and his crew are easy-going and helpful, and the breakfast they prepare is amazing, the best I've ever had at a hostel. The common areas are cool for hanging out, with a pool, hammocks, etc. The main issue was with the 8-person room, specifically with trying to sleep, as it was incredibly hot, stuffy, and times smelly (depending on the current guests of course). There was an air conditioner, but either it wasn't working well, or wasn't being used...hopefully it's been fixed by now.

I stayed at Backpacker's House for the second time within 3 months because I really like the comforting atmosphere and the friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are nice, bathrooms also, although you should feel comfortable with the cat strolling around. The breakfast is amazing, the supermarket right on the opposite side of the street and the bus station is only 1 min by foot. Thanks for the nice stay :)

I had a pleasant stay here. The place has a lot of character and the staff, a family run business, are friendly and helpful. Decent location too.

• 19th Nov 2015

Very cool hostel. The owner makes you feel like you're home and even go out of his way to help you whenever you need. The breakfast is amazing, the most complete breakfast I have ever seen in my travels. It's right next to the bus station and a few minutes walk from the city center. I'd definitely recommend it!

Great location, very friendly host and an amazing breakfast. More like a friendly family hang out than a hostel. Great advice on tours & local things to do on a budget. Just be prepared to rough it a little bit with hot sweaty nights & mosquitoes. Thanks guys.

We stayed at Backpacker's House in Paraty for 3 days and it was absolutely great. The hostel is so comfortable and welcoming! The staff was great, although there was not all of the time someone aroung who could speak English. For us it was no probem thoug, because we could communicate with a few words in portuguese. In my opinion the facilities are a little bit small, but every dorm has an en-suite bathroom, so it was sufficient. And last but not least, the breakfast is amazing!!!

Amazing staff and amazing food for breakfast. Felt more like home than a proper hostel! Gracias por todo chicas and chico.

Friendly, helpful staff with a relaxed atmosphere at the hostel, which we really enjoyed.

Friendly Argentinian host, made everyone feel very welcome and cooked meals as well as making free Caipirinha. Would definitely return!

We stayed there for two days and it was awesome! It was like being at home. The hostel is closed to the bus station and you can walk everywhere. The owner and the staff are really nice and motivated - even to go out with us. And the food is lovely prepared and very tasty!!

• 4th Sep 2015

Beautiful little hostel, very very homely. The Host couldn't be any nicer, very kind and interesting guy. This hostel I'd perfect if you want a break from the busy dorms and noisy people. Couldn't have been more relaxed. The location is great as really close to town and next to a supermarket. Would definitely return.