Backpackers House Paraty Reviews

rua Aldemar Duarte Coelho 20, Paraty, Brazil

Price too high for the service: bathroom and dorm room were not properly cleaned, as well as the locker.

Location ok, near to the bud stop,Beds sturdy and comfy, huge lockers in your room, Breakfast amazing, selection of cheeses and hams as well as cakes! Really poor wifi throughout ted whole day. Only one set of sockets in your room next to one bed, you can't charge things over night unless your in that bed! One of the workers sleeps in your room... His snoring is so loud he woke up all of the people in the room. Mosquitos in the room as they open the windows the whole day, just a fan no A/C.

We have AC, just ask to switch it on. Not everybody wants it but we turn on at request. You can leave your things charging in other plug not beside nthe bed, I´m sorry that you sleep plugged :(. I´ll try to put more plugs We open the room cause smell if we don´t......shared rooms.... and...Max is a long time costumer that use to help, I´m sure that he´s not noisy everyday; nobody told me before. Is usual to used earplugs in shared rooms, do you know?

I think with it being off season the place was very quiet. That suited me as I got a dorm to myself, but I can imagine it's got a lot more atmosphere when fuller. Staff were friendly and informative. Kitchen utensils were a bit lacking compared to other hostels. Great location on the beach and within a 10 minute walk to town.

of course the atmosphere gets better; we are ending now the world cup era, and there is more turism right now. About the kitchen utensils, I think you did not turn back into the kitchen. There´s LOTS of elements, we cook here much and there is nothing that I can´t do with the right utensil. Thanks for your comment.

Wonderful atmosphere, like home away from home, relaxed with plenty hammocks. Very close to bus station and 5 minute walk to historic centre. Great breakfast.

The hosts were lovely, and their house is pretty. Very quiet. The city is very safe, even though the door is openable from the outside all the time (the hosts were there always though). Location was super convenient (supermarket, bus station, historical centre, shopping street)! Beds were comfortable. Breakfast food was great, but served much later in the morning than most hostels. Toilet paper was missing more often than not. LOTS of mosquitoes if you sleep with the window open.

well we didn´t found a solution for the mosquitoes outside, is the season, but inside the rooms we are efective with the poison used. Sorry about breakfast time, but is experience resultant: in Paraty every tour starts starts around 11 am and almost nobody awake before 9 am to take breakfast, that starts at 8 30 and finish when the last one take it. Thanks for your stay

This hostel is in a great location, 1 minute from the bus station, beside the supermarket

The hostel is very nice and comfortable! Although indeed it is a small place, and the private room is quite small for three people, it has a very nice atmosphere, the owner and the staff are great and willing to help all the time. The private room is very comfortable as well, and the price is great too!! Thank you!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Best breakfast from a hostel ever! I hadn't ate real prosciutto my whole 8 months I was in brazil. Super chill staff and awesome hang out spots.

Fantastic atmosphere and really friendly staff, just like (almost literally) staying in someone's home. What other reviewers have said about the breakfast is all true. Only downsides: 2 bathrooms for 20 people is really a stretch, and the internet sucks. But other than that, great hostel.

Thanks Jonny; there is 2 bathrooms and 1 extra shower for 16 people and 2 other bathrooms in the private rooms. Anyway I know that we need 2 more bathrooms/showers but till next summer i will not have that space. Internet was bad this days cause the provider in town in changing the hole net....they say....:( nos vemos, huevón!! :)

Excellent hostel. Great location. Great breakfast. Nice family atmosphere. Only issue was WiFi - was slow and cut out for a period of time.

thanks Vimal, wifi is that shit only for a while, provider is building a new net and changing my equipment, sorry about it I hope to see you again

The breakfast is the best we had in Brazil. The location is top. Two common toilets are not enough of the hostel is full.

Good hostel, with an intimate atmosphere. People are nice, breakfast is very generous and it is quite close to the bus station, which allows people that want to visit nearby beaches to take the different buses quickly. It is also close to the center.

Good location right next to the bus station and a ten minute walk to the beaches and old town. Friendly chilled out vibe in hostel and on certain nights everyone sits around and has a bbq and Caipirinhas.

Really nice hostel! Excellent breakfast, clean, hot showers good facilities. The owner really goes out of his way to make everyone feel welcome at the hostel creating a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere, he offers great food nights and extras that long-term travellers will appreciate.

best breakfast in Brazil. dorms too cramped (triple bunks). owner was creepy when drunk.

Fairly uninterested staff. Rooms and showers are horribly tiny.Just not worth the price.

we, the staff, are interested in people that say hello and reply something when we try to talk to. This guy was not that open to this. Our privates are tiny and comfy, so, knowing this please book on it only if you are not going to complain with this conditions

Nice hostel near the bus station and the city center. Amazing breakfirst !! And nice garden..

• 26th Jun 2014

A nice quiet little hostel. Breakfast is really awesome. Was rather quiet when I visited but that is probably due to the time of the year.

Feels like staying in someones house! Very small chilled out vibe. Breakfast makes you feel like a king, by far the best breakfast I have ever seen at a hostel. Wifi is poor

A super-friendly Argentinian family run this hostel. Very laid-back vibe about the place with hammocks and a nice lounge area. Looks like a swimming pool / decking is being built/renovated at the moment. Large home-made breakfast with lots of variety.