Backpackers House Paraty Reviews

rua Aldemar Duarte Coelho 20, Paraty, Brazil

I love this hostel! Best breakfast I have ever had in a hostel (every morning people did not want to be the first to take since it is well presented), with tons of fruit, bread spreads and even sausages in tomato. Pablo, the owner, is really welcoming and the hammocks are superb! Best hostel I stayed at in South America

I was supposed to have two nights here and stayed for a week! The staff are fantastic and very helpful. The breakfast is huge and the variety is excellent. Also there are some nights where pizza/BBQ and Caprinihas are put on for a very reasonable price. The location is great, a short walk from the old town and 50m from the supermarket. Papa Pablo and the team make this one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!

• 10th Apr 2014

Loved our stay! Food is great and the Pablo is so helpful! Best breakfast on the trip!

we were very surprised of the friendly and familiar atmosphere at pablos house. its full of hammocks!!! good place to rest. we had on of the private room. very cozy, the team its like a little family, we had the great barbecue. njammiii, and the breakfast is very good, fresh juice, cake, bread all, you need for a good start in the day. they gave us useful information for trips and about the area around paraty. the closeness to the bus stop saves our trip back to sao paulo.thank you pablo!

• 29th Mar 2014

The rooms are too small for 8 people, the bunks as well... Still this is probably the best hostel to stay when in Paraty.

Thanks Ann, the rooms are design to sleep, for stay we have common areas. When people save backpacks into the lockers and not in the floor, there is good space. The bunks have the standard size....have a nice trip

Great hosts, great atmosphere, amazing breakfast and activities organised, so happy I went!!!

I stayed 5 days and had a great time there. Staff is great. bbq and breakfast are perfect to socialize with everyone (one of the best breakfast I have seen in 9 month of traveling). The downfalls are the small number of bathrooms and 3-level bunkbeds.

This hostel is amazing!! It has a great atmosphere! Pablo and the staff are wonderful and they organise BBQ and pizza nights! Also they organised a waterfall trip which I would recommend doing, we had a great day! Location is brilliant 2 minutes from the bus station and a supermarket. And the breakfast is absolutely incredible! Best one we have had in the whole of South America! We loved our stay here and I would definitely recommend staying here!

Do not stay anywhere else in Paraty, you will regret it. People from other hostels came here to chill. This is a true backpackers hostel and it is the best hostel I stayed at in all of Brazil. The owner, Pablo, hosts tours, I went on the waterfall tour and it was amazing. Breakfast was incredible, you get your monies worth from breakfast. Some people say the spaces are crowded, they are just more intimate spaces and you get to know everyone better because of that.

great location just a block from bus terminal. The staff was good but when the bathroom was out of use they did nothing to solved it they prefered play play station games or be concentrarted in facebook... At the end of the days bathrooms were no clean and showers flooded. great breakfast by the way. Tours they offer are more expensive than the ones offered in tour agencies.

Very nice hostel! Very nice breakfast! Very nice and friendly staff. Great, cosy little place. Beds are a bit crammed but you can live with that (yes you can). Recommended!

This hostel is very chilled, lots of hammocks to laze about in, very good common area to meet fellow travellers. We also had all you can eat bbq and all you drink caprihinas. Amazing breakfast spread. Very clean, loved it here

Great place close to the bus station, safe, fun ... the best food. Chill out in the pool, take a nap on the balcony, mingle at the BBQ ... this is the life.

Amazing friendly staff, comfy beds, AMAZING breakfast, nice swimming pool and unbelievable dinners svailable. Right next to supermatket and bus station too.

Amazing hostel, friendly and very helpful. They organized nice dinner and Drinks night.

Staff are really accomodating, showers could with a bit of an upgrade as well as luggage lockers.. Otherwise awesome stay, and the waterfall trip organised by staff was awesome!

Thanks Will, we are going to build more showers this year; the lockers are big enough but most of the people prefer to leave their stuff on the floor :( Have a good trip, boys!! Pablo

Less than 5 mins from the bus station. Nice areas to chill out and a pool if nice. WiFi was a but tetchy when I was there but better once everyone had gone to bed. I definitely recommend the waterfall tour they do. Cheaper and better than booking with a tour operator. Only problem we had was they messed up our reservation and then we're full, but this was promptly sorted out by Pablo who moved us to his mums guest house for the night. He was nothing buy helpful. Breakfast was AMAZING!

This is the best breakfast of all time. There are big lockers in the room, really friendly staff and nice vibe. Its not on the beach front like other hostels but the breakfast makes it worth the stay.

This place is awesome. Location is really good. Right near the bus station and supermarket. Great place to chill with a great atmosphere. The owner and staff are chilled out and helpful. And the breakfast spread is nothing like youve had before. Definately a top hostel on my list....

Very nice breakfast and good location. Bathrooms do not have soaps (even if it´s a hostel, i think the public bathroom should have a soap as well as the private bathrooms which are quite small btw.).

yes, the bathrooms in the privates are small, just for 1 people at a time, (I had no more surface when I did), but there is soap in the public one. In many hostels the soap is charged, even towels and others faciclities. I give 4 free anything that I can and I´m not saving money in soaps, Thanks

« first « Prev 1 2 3