Backpackers House Paraty Reviews

rua Aldemar Duarte Coelho 20, Paraty, Brazil

Very cool hostel. The owner makes you feel like you're home and even go out of his way to help you whenever you need. The breakfast is amazing, the most complete breakfast I have ever seen in my travels. It's right next to the bus station and a few minutes walk from the city center. I'd definitely recommend it!

Great location, very friendly host and an amazing breakfast. More like a friendly family hang out than a hostel. Great advice on tours & local things to do on a budget. Just be prepared to rough it a little bit with hot sweaty nights & mosquitoes. Thanks guys.

We stayed at Backpacker's House in Paraty for 3 days and it was absolutely great. The hostel is so comfortable and welcoming! The staff was great, although there was not all of the time someone aroung who could speak English. For us it was no probem thoug, because we could communicate with a few words in portuguese. In my opinion the facilities are a little bit small, but every dorm has an en-suite bathroom, so it was sufficient. And last but not least, the breakfast is amazing!!!

Amazing staff and amazing food for breakfast. Felt more like home than a proper hostel! Gracias por todo chicas and chico.

Friendly, helpful staff with a relaxed atmosphere at the hostel, which we really enjoyed.

Friendly Argentinian host, made everyone feel very welcome and cooked meals as well as making free Caipirinha. Would definitely return!

We stayed there for two days and it was awesome! It was like being at home. The hostel is closed to the bus station and you can walk everywhere. The owner and the staff are really nice and motivated - even to go out with us. And the food is lovely prepared and very tasty!!

• 4th Sep 2015

Beautiful little hostel, very very homely. The Host couldn't be any nicer, very kind and interesting guy. This hostel I'd perfect if you want a break from the busy dorms and noisy people. Couldn't have been more relaxed. The location is great as really close to town and next to a supermarket. Would definitely return.

I love backpackers, especialy for the friendly staff and because you feel home after 15 min. It's realy relax and children friendly. You have everything that you need. It's a good place to meet other tourists! For me, the best choice in Paraty!!!

I really enjoyed this hostel - one of the most enjoyable hostel stays I have ever experienced.

Awesome hostel. Just go there!

It's a really nice hostel, which feels like you are staying at a family home rather than a hostel. Breakfast is the best I've had so far! Would have loved to stay longer.

The breakfast in the morning is amazing! There are only 2 bathrooms for the entire hostel which became a problem when it started to fill up towards the weekend. Also, if you have allergies - there is a cat on-site! And bring bug spray :)

U probably travel next time with the US army to feel safety, and couple of doctors....just in case....

Brilliant friendly atmosphere. Pablo was fantastic, so welcoming and made brilliant food!

The hostel was awesome! We had a very cozy room for three of us with a bathroom. Hamacks in the yard, roof and common space are perfect for chilling out after a trip or in the evening, it is located in 3 minutes from bus station. The greatest thing was breakfast! It has so many options that you want to try everything :) Will definitely recommend it for staying in Paraty!

O hostel seria bom se tivesse manutenção e limpeza minimamente aceitáveis. É sujo e cheira a mofo. O staff é simpático mas ruim de serviço: não fornecem informação, não limpam, não arrumam, não repõem... e não entendem português bem. O café da manhã é aceitavel apenas. Vale pelo preço e pela localização conveninente para quem chega de onibus. ... The hostel would be nice if it had minimal maintenance and cleaning. It is dirty and smells musty. The staff is friendly but not really helpful.

My boyfriend and I arrived late in the evening so it was nice that the hostel was close to the bus station and also to get the bus to the waterfalls and to leave again. The hostel has a lovely outdoor space for relaxing (it was unfortunately raining when we were there though!). The staff were friendly and the owner was very kind when we decided to check out a day earlier than we had booked for. The hostel is very close to the old town and the main road with a number of restaurants and bars.