Backpackers House Paraty Reviews

rua Aldemar Duarte Coelho 20, Paraty, Brazil

I have been traveling for 6 months, and this is THE BEST hostel I've stayed in! Pablo, the owner, is beyond amazing. He makes you feel welcome, and creates a wonderful community atmosphere by cooking nearly every night the most INCREDIBLE meals, including caipirinhas for 25 reals. The breakfast is unreal - everything you can possibly imagine. His hospitality is what made this hostel such a great experience. A MUST visit, especially if you are traveling alone.

Thanks Mayra, we loved your stay too. Hope to see you again soon!!!

the best hostel ever!!!

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Nice hostel, well located (just next to the rodovaria), great breakfast, familial atmosphere.

A great hostel with a great vibe.. The owner Pablo is a cool guy who makes you feel really at home. The hostel is in a great location and has everything you need.. Felt a little cramped at times but was still great and I would highly recommend!

Pablo was very welcoming and friendly, always making sure we had something fun to do each day. Excellent breakfast and good atmosphere.

right next to Bus Station! The Owner Pablo is very helpfull with trips and everything. There is a dinner every evening with some included Caipirinhas which offers a perfect opportunity to meat some other travellers. The Hostel offers also a cheap Laundry Service. Had really nice days in Paraty

Nice little hostel. Very good breakfast, and very friendly staff, and do not forget thier cute little dog gringo :) We really recommend, and the have sony ps2 !! :)

Really lovely hostel complete with very cute puppy! People say this all the time but.....genuinely one of the best hostels of my trip, and its been a year! Homely, friendly and clean, great brekkie, stay here!

I think is the best hostelling where I have felt. The people who run it are fantastic, very friendly. The breakfast? There are nothing equal. It is GREAT. Un saludo para Paolo y Fede

Minor criticisms: only 2 toilets which had issues and the beds are close together, quite hot at night. But it doesn't matter at all. This was my favourite hostel so far. Huge, varied breakfast, great dinner deals (get the BBQ) with loads of caipirinhas. Lovely atmosphere, it felt like we were in a house with lots of friends. The staff are so good and the waterfall trip, R$50, was one of my favourite days in Brazil. Hammocks, a pool & a puppy. Great location, next to bus station & supermarket.

I just loved this place! home, cozy, great food and amaizng people, thats my description and nothing else needs to be said:) Recommended by 100%

Amazing breakfast and really nice owners! They will help you with everything, and very open to join in on trips etc. Very good location - just 2 mins walk from the bus station! Can greatly recommend this place!

Very convivial place. Very nice breakfast and great dinner cooked by a staff member

The breakfast is really the best. Good location, just near the bus station. Would stay there again.

This hostel was excellent! Really nice atmosphere, the owner was definitely kind and friendly, places were very clean and very very well located. Just 1 minute from bus station and 5 minutes from historic center (walking). Beyond that, there was an impressive breakfast! Delicious! Big table with different types of natural juices, bread, snacks and tropical fruits! I highly recommed it!

• 14th Nov 2013

We had an amazing stay at this hostel where you immediately feel at home. Pablo is the best host you can get and if you're able to do the Waterfall Tour with him, then you definitely should! We can also recommend his dinners (BBQ, pizza and loads of Caiprinhas) and off course his amazing and endless breakfast! Definitely the best choice if you stay in Paraty!

One of the best hostels I've ever been to! Has this rare "home"-feeling and Pablo is an amazing host! Definetly recommended, also the waterfall trip was so amazing!

• 11th Nov 2013

I've loved my stay here, Pablo was extremely helpful at all times. It's a very comfortable place, it makes you feel at home. The Cachoeira trip is amazing, definitely do it if you can! Couldn't be more happy with my stay here.

We had an amazing time here, thank you so much Pablo and staff!! The breakfast was delicious and the hostel was really cozy. The pizza Pablo made for us was incredible! If you are there for the pizza night definitely don't miss out. We also really enjoyed the trip to the waterfalls and kayaking. Best hostel so far in South America.

The staff was great - they kept the Caiparinhas flowing and the outdoor area was very cool with lots of hammocks.

• 19th Oct 2013