Backpackers House Paraty Reviews

rua Aldemar Duarte Coelho 20, Paraty, Brazil

Very nice hostel! Very nice breakfast! Very nice and friendly staff. Great, cosy little place. Beds are a bit crammed but you can live with that (yes you can). Recommended!

This hostel is very chilled, lots of hammocks to laze about in, very good common area to meet fellow travellers. We also had all you can eat bbq and all you drink caprihinas. Amazing breakfast spread. Very clean, loved it here

Great place close to the bus station, safe, fun ... the best food. Chill out in the pool, take a nap on the balcony, mingle at the BBQ ... this is the life.

Amazing friendly staff, comfy beds, AMAZING breakfast, nice swimming pool and unbelievable dinners svailable. Right next to supermatket and bus station too.

Amazing hostel, friendly and very helpful. They organized nice dinner and Drinks night.

Staff are really accomodating, showers could with a bit of an upgrade as well as luggage lockers.. Otherwise awesome stay, and the waterfall trip organised by staff was awesome!

Thanks Will, we are going to build more showers this year; the lockers are big enough but most of the people prefer to leave their stuff on the floor :( Have a good trip, boys!! Pablo

Less than 5 mins from the bus station. Nice areas to chill out and a pool if nice. WiFi was a but tetchy when I was there but better once everyone had gone to bed. I definitely recommend the waterfall tour they do. Cheaper and better than booking with a tour operator. Only problem we had was they messed up our reservation and then we're full, but this was promptly sorted out by Pablo who moved us to his mums guest house for the night. He was nothing buy helpful. Breakfast was AMAZING!

This is the best breakfast of all time. There are big lockers in the room, really friendly staff and nice vibe. Its not on the beach front like other hostels but the breakfast makes it worth the stay.

This place is awesome. Location is really good. Right near the bus station and supermarket. Great place to chill with a great atmosphere. The owner and staff are chilled out and helpful. And the breakfast spread is nothing like youve had before. Definately a top hostel on my list....

great little hostel, almost feels like your home. cosy beds, few hammocks outside to chill out. well equipped kitchen, the breakfast provided is pretty awesome. friendly staff, good place to meet fellow travellers. located pretty much town centre so right beside supermarcado, restaurants etc.

Very nice breakfast and good location. Bathrooms do not have soaps (even if it´s a hostel, i think the public bathroom should have a soap as well as the private bathrooms which are quite small btw.).

yes, the bathrooms in the privates are small, just for 1 people at a time, (I had no more surface when I did), but there is soap in the public one. In many hostels the soap is charged, even towels and others faciclities. I give 4 free anything that I can and I´m not saving money in soaps, Thanks

Goede sfeer!! Vriendelijke en behulpzame staf. Best schoon, locatie bij het busstation is heel praktisch. De watervallen tour is super! Een trip naar trinidade is ook een aanrader.

Best breakfast that I had at a hostel (included in the price) in all of South America! They also do BBQ with bowls of mojitos every couple of nights (extra). The only thing I would complain about is there's only 2 toilets in the whole hostel (3 showers) and one of them is upstairs in the dorm (hard to access). Nice kitchen and SUPER helpful staff!

thanks for your comment, Tara. For space reasons I agrre with you about the bathrooms; This year I will build 2 more. I hope to see you again Pablo

Te definition of relaxation. Hammocks galore, chilled out but very friendly staff and owner plus a good availability of activities if you want. As a converted house the facilities are functional but basic bit I promise once you eat their asado that won't matter! Book ahead in high season

Very close to bus station which is useful. Hostel is very small, triple bunks in room and not really enough space to store backpacks. Lots of hammocks around and pretty chilled out vibe, not really much going on though. Ensuite consisted soley of a shower, no toilet or sink. BBQ night was really good food and lots of Caipirinahs for the money....only R$30. Found it difficult to tell who was actually staff in the hostel or if the people around were just family members.

Your commen is not really fair If in 3 days you didn´t discover who is staff here, you need a doctor. I stay my entire day here and also the couple that works here cleaning, cooking for everybody, ordering....sorry if somebody else tried to help you.....:( respect of the room, there is 1 locker 45x45x80 cm, enougth to store any backpack. Is not our fault if some people prefer disorder You did book this hostel with only 20 beds and now you say that is small? thanks 4 all

We had a great time here! We were only here for two nights, but in that time the staff prepared a huge BBQ and lots of drinks for us all to enjoy for a very little price! The dorms are great and very comfortable, and the staff are very helpful!!

Pablo is the man! Very nice environment, very nice city, amazing beaches and other options around. I would recommend the river/waterfalls tour that is organised by the hostel itself.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Fantastic hostel due to the helpful and friendly staff and the excellent communal areas that contribute to a great atmosphere. Very good location, just a short walk to the Old Town and all the tour operators. The breakfast was also excellent. Only negative point was that there is no A/C in the private rooms. There is a large fan which keeps you cool at night so this wasn't really an issue. I would definitely recommend this hostel and would have liked to have stayed longer here!

Great breakfast, poor bathroom

Great atmosphere in the hostel, always something going on or a memeber of staff around to give you little tips. The best breakfast in any hostel and the friendliest staff. The waterfall trip with Pablo was great and well worth doing. Overall one of the best hostels Ive stayed in. On the downside the rooms feel slightly cramped and another bathroom would be nice. But the positives definitely over-rule. Top Hostel!!