Backpackers House Venice Reviews

Dorsoduro 2967/A, Venice, Veneto, Italy

The wifi was broken so we had to use the check in hostel's across the square which has no lounge, and we got kicked out one night while trying to use it. The beds are terrible and all broken. However, San margherita is amazing, full of locals, markets, and good atmosphere, away from lots of tourists.

• 13th Apr 2014

I feel quite speechless when i am told that the wifi Network in the room is down. Other things are still fine.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

There is no kitchen or place of social interaction, but the room is good as well as the bathrooms. The location is excellent.

We were very disappointed with this hostel - especially considering the price. I get that Venice is expensive, but if you're charing 50+ euros/night, I expect a better standard. The room itself was small and dark. No towels were provided. No wi-fi. The location was good, but it was difficult to find - there is no signage and you must check in at a different hotel. The staff provided little support and it felt like we were imposing any time we stopped in. I would not stay here again.

Some of the staff at this hostel where very kind and helpful, although others were very unfriendly and unhelpful! This hostel is very basic literally just a bed and a nice clean bathroom that you have to share with about 8 people. The hostel does not provide you with any secure place to leave valuables, so you just have to trust that the other people you're sharing your room with don't steal your things. Also there is kitchen facilities or wifi in your room. But it is cheap and good location.

Felt really welcome and at home. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were cleaned daily. Bed was comfy. Room had some basic furniture like 2 commodes and a mini wardrobe for storage. Having an ensuite bathroom was great. No bed bugs or insects thankfully as I half expected after reading former posts. Very centrally located and there is a pizza place in same square open till 2am daily. Stop at Ca Rezzano if coming by water bus. Reasonably close to major attractions.

you need more information to find the contact person. The map is not really show the location.

It is horrible! Beds. Bathroom, sheets, no internet, everything is dirty! , it is the worst hostel eveeer!

Stayed here for 1 day with a friend last December. From the train station, we tried contacting the hostel to know where exactly they were located but no one was answering. After 2 hours and a miracle, my friend and I finally found the hostel but was informed that we would be transferred to another one nearby. Venice is such an expensive city for such low quality accommodations.

The wifi wasn't working at all. To get signal, just near the reception. No common area. I was removed from the room once which means no organization. And I was told that I have to leave the room before 10am even if you didn't check out. No sense!!!

Cold shower, no wifi. The location and the price are ok, but it's not worthy...

No WiFi in the room! Very inconvenient

THEY DIDN'T TELL ME I HAD TO BRING SHEETS WITH ME.

• 20th Oct 2013