Backpackers House Venice Reviews

Dorsoduro 2967/A, Venice, Italy

Great location but space not clean, poor and without a atmosphere/style of hostel. I dont advice anyone to go there.

Nice and safe, but not very clean bathroom. No space to have something to eat and drink. But very cheap compared to other offers in Venice

Well the location is good, it's a nice part of Venice (although the whole city is nice I guess) and you're not far from the very centre of the city. Restaurants and bars are located on the place just next. The room was merely clean, bad bed though. The staff was a bit disturbing though, not very kind and not very organized (left a taste of amateurism).

It was better than I had expected! Ibooked a 5-bed dorm for women for 4 nights and I was alone in the room for 2 nights. The bathroom is excellent! The location is perfect! The staff is gentle and very helpful! Certainly outside the building leaves much to be desired, but I am satisfied with my staying there.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Belarus

The hostel is in a great location and easy to get to from the station. Staff were so friendly and willing to help And chat. However; you have to walk across the street to get to the building where the rooms are, kind of creep building. Basic as rooms and bathroom and I was lucky enough to get bed bugs from this hostel. Venice is amazing but I don't think I would stay here again due to the bugs and horrible plane ride home with them

Wifi was only found in the main hotel reception which was across the square from the backpackers part which was in a separate building. Relatively clean but nothing amazing.

terrible is nothing

• 27th Aug 2014

Very gloomy atmosphere in the room, but still very quiet! Not really a youth hostel but rooms in an apartment in an independant building. Good price for Venice, and 20 min by foot from the station (30 min from piazza san marco, ...)

No wifi in room

My dorm room (of 5 beds) was empty for 2 nights in peak season, this says something about the hostel... There was no common room or kitchen or any form of socialising at this hostel and as a traveler this is what I was after. I was also very disappointed with the hostel because on the 1st day of my stay, I asked to cancel my 3rd night however they would not allow this even though the terms and conditions state otherwise. I had to pay for the 3rd night even though I did not stay that night.

With this hostel, you get what you pay for: a secure room and a pillow to rest your head. Although a kitchen exists, the appliances cannot be used due to electrical problems. There is no air conditioning. Wifi is only switched on after 11pm. But it is comfortable enough, the owner is helpful and friendly and you are not going to find anywhere else so affordable and so central in Venice.

Amazing stay! Great staff and fantastic location, check in is only a 30 second walk (literally across the square) from the room. Can't wait to visit again and will be recommending it! Right in the heart of Venice!

Lovely stay in Venice, fantastic location and room. Staff were friendly and funny, very helpful. External lock to building and room, could use safety deposit box/locker to be better. Kitchen and shower rooms on each floor. Great part of Venice, close to grand canal and local bars. Highly recommended.

Staff were very helpful in the hotel where you check in, however the hostel is not actually attached here and there is no wifi in the hostel. Only one toilet on each floor but i felt safe and that the room was clean. Probably wouldn't go back as there was no kitchen or communal area facilities

In the centre of a buzzing square with a market and lovely bakery. The staff were very talkative and friendly. There was a slight issue regarding our booking however it was dealt with quickly and efficiently. We would recommend this place to anyone just make sure you have a map in advance as the directions given are VERY vague and so it took us longer than expected to find the hostel.

no kitchen or air conditioning in room but very friendly people and great location

a nice room and bathroom, in a good location in venice. the staff was helpful. the only downside was that there was no common space, and the wifi only worked during the day by the office.

• 1st Jul 2014

The hostel was nice for the budget traveler; however, there is no common space to meet other travelers — just a few rooms and one bathroom. I would have given it a better rating except this hostel gave me BED BUGS. Hopefully they'll get that fixed soon. And the light in the bathroom was shattered on the ground the 2nd morning.

Room was at another location than the reception, bathroom was shared but no common area as other backpackers. Lighting was poor and the room and bathroom not clean enough.

DO NOT STAY HERE!! After two nights in this hostel myself and two other girls are absolutely covered in BED BUGS! On top of that there wasn't any wifi,the shower was disgusting and hardly worked, and the atmosphere is awful.

• 25th Jun 2014