Backpackers House Reviews

54G Nguyen Thien Thuat, Nha Trang, Vietnam

Good value for money, above average in terms of service, clean and well maintained place. Personally, I did not like the atmosphere but overall it's a good place to stay.

False advertising. The booking staff tried to play games with us when we wanted to extend our visas. Dirty. Really weird and unfriendly staff. Creepy cat. Hot as hell and stinky like a sauna gone horribly wrong. Boo.

• 11th Mar 2014

We have looked into this complaint and can see no basis for it. Firstly, the hostel does not deal with visa extension, such matters are handled by the travel agency. The aircon in the room that you occupied is fully functional and you had full control of its temperature. However, we thank you for your feedback and hope that the rest of your trip is enjoyable.

When we checked into the hostel we were shown to our room by a member of staff, she had a problem with one of the keys so we only received one. That wasn't an issue as we're a couple, but on check out the receptionist demanded that we give her the two keys, I tried to explain we'd only got one and she was very, very rude, completely unprofessional and quite frankly aggressive. If I hadn't have already collected my passports she would have made me pay to replace a key before giving them back.

we got bedbugs bites ehile staying here. the staff obviously knew about it, but does not do anything about it. we moved to another place immedeately.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Good party hostel, good facilites, good location. My omly problem was my locker under the bed was broken so had to shre with somebody else so didnt feel too dafe.

Good place to stay. It's near the beach, restaurants, clubs and bars. the Breakfast was great too with many options.

• 16th Feb 2014

stay here was tainted. I booked a night for the Sunday night and booked an all day bus to Nha Trang during TET only to get an email in the morning before getting on the all day bus that they were over booked and I lost my spot. Booked a mixed dorm for Tuesday - Friday and then booked an actual room for the saturday only to be told when I went to get my room that the people that had it the night before were staying one more night. A booking is a booking you idiots. Really liked a couple staffmbrs

• 8th Feb 2014

The hostel is a great place to meet people, location perfect and the dorms are good. Bathroom quite dirty but you can live with it. The staff was good We would definitely stay there again!

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Rat in the bathroom. Unfriendly staff. To many people in one room even if we paid for a room with less people. Will never stay there again!

Rat in the bathroom and the 6 people mixed dorm is not 6 people. We were 18 people in 3 rooms but they were connected with a bathroom in the middle room. So if you stayed in the middle room everybody was passing by. The staff was very unfriendly.

Awesome place and location. The bed I slept on must have been really old as it cupped my back and I essentially slept with my back arched. Woke up a little sore but I've had worse. Bathrooms were clean and hot but it did smell a bit. Not a big deal to me though.

1. Bashroom smell very bad. We planed to take a private room, when we arrived, one couple wanna move out, although they had paid for the night. But we checked and found the room is much worse than the dorm. Floor is even peeling.2.We lost out t-shirt left in room, and the 2nd night, some guy took one of our beds in the dorm, although the hostel register everyone with bed number. When this happened, the crew refused to give answer, just saying: it is not his fause. 3. Wifi is very weak.

The staff here are excellant and helpful. They are really friendly. There is a very simple but tasty breakfast included. The Apple Bar beside it is a great place to meet people.

Hardest best known to man. No exaggeration, as hard as the floor!!!

Decent enough hostel but as other reviewers have stated; it's loud. Well located and good for meeting people but you could easily stay somewhere nearby (quieter and cheaper) and just go to the bar. I wouldn't return but if you are looking to party every night in nha trang then a good option for you.

The staff were so helpful with making plans and travel arrangements, as well as providing information about other areas and options. Loved the location of the hostel - just near a park in a busy, lively area with a lot of options for food and shopping. Bus station was also very close. Everything you need is within walking distance. The rooms were very clean and well kept, great internet in the rooms. Wonderful experience.

• 19th Dec 2013

Positives: Big Lockers, cheap, big beds, balcony, staff are helpful, location is central (can also be a negative for more secure people) Negatives: Other guests were inconsiderate to each other, I booked an 10 bed dorm and the 6 bed room was the 'living room' for two smaller dorms 4 bed dorms, who had to walk through our room. A very bad map making of what little there is to do harder to find. Overall good if you just want to go to the beach and don't have time to get to Muine/Mui ne

We arrived very early to the hostel and were allowed to check in as our room was free which was great and very much appreciated. The location is very good - close to the beach and bars. If looking for somewhere for good food I would recommend Seafood Corner down near the beach, it does 3 / 4 course set menus for £3-£4 including a beer or wine.

When we arrived at the hostel the girl at the reception was very rude. I ask if i can Check the bedroom before checking in and she said " no, i need your passeport before, you already book so you dońt have to check it." We were suprising, we expect at last a smile for a bedroom at more than 20dollrs in a city where the room is around 10 everywhere. and she said that even if " you don ´ t wan ´ t to stay here, you have to pay for the all night, you can ´ t not do what u want"..... Well, we left.

Great hostel in an excellent location! The staff were so friendly and helpful with bookings. The breakfast that is included is GREAT compared to other places. The bar can be a bit loud at night but it closed at a reasonable hour so it wasn't bad at all. I would recommend this place to everyone and have so far:)