Backpackers House Reviews

54G Nguyen Thien Thuat, Nha Trang, Vietnam

It's not an awful hostel but there's quite a few annoying things about it. There's no lift,Loud club under hostel, my towel was dirty and they try to rip you off for buses and stuff. Our friends stayed at mojzo inn down the road which looked much better all round

Great hostel if you are looking for a more agitated crowd in Nha Trang!! Good facilities, with clean bathrooms and rooms. Stayed in a private 2 bed room at the 3rd floor. They don't have elevators, so you need to be a little bit prepared if you get a room in one of the top floors. Nice bar with decent prices, and good staff to help you to book your day trips, bus tickets, etc. Good Wi-Fi and computers available. Laundry services were also very helpful! You can't go wrong!

Pretty bad place. It's not that clean and the bathroom facilities are awful. For two people for the same price you could stay at a nice hotel.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Austria

*queues ;)

Good location in Nha Trang. Helpful staff, happy to exchange money at a good rate. Shower pressure was poor with often long cues to get in.Job done in terms of breakfast.

They should think about updating their hostelworld page. The apple bar doesn't even exist anymore... No free drink on arrival

Good location not too far from the beach. One of the only hostels in Vietnam with aircon on all day.

I was very apprehensive from reading all the negative reviews on here, but was nicely surprised & had an ejoyable stay. The staff was friendly & helpful (had to ask to have my bed changed on arrival @ 8pm as wasn't ready, but it was dealt with quickly). My dorm room had secure lockers and good size beds; I can report no bedbugs in my bed :-) Showers were not great and not many for the number of people; 3rd floor power shower didn't work properly. Great location!

This place is nothing like the write up. No kitchen facilities, no breakfast, the lounge is a desk with 3 computers

• 18th Apr 2014

Dorm didn't close and lockers under beds were not secure. Didn't feel safe leaving belongings in the room.

Good value for money, above average in terms of service, clean and well maintained place. Personally, I did not like the atmosphere but overall it's a good place to stay.

False advertising. The booking staff tried to play games with us when we wanted to extend our visas. Dirty. Really weird and unfriendly staff. Creepy cat. Hot as hell and stinky like a sauna gone horribly wrong. Boo.

• 11th Mar 2014

We have looked into this complaint and can see no basis for it. Firstly, the hostel does not deal with visa extension, such matters are handled by the travel agency. The aircon in the room that you occupied is fully functional and you had full control of its temperature. However, we thank you for your feedback and hope that the rest of your trip is enjoyable.

When we checked into the hostel we were shown to our room by a member of staff, she had a problem with one of the keys so we only received one. That wasn't an issue as we're a couple, but on check out the receptionist demanded that we give her the two keys, I tried to explain we'd only got one and she was very, very rude, completely unprofessional and quite frankly aggressive. If I hadn't have already collected my passports she would have made me pay to replace a key before giving them back.