Backpackers House Reviews

54G Nguyen Thien Thuat, Nha Trang, Vietnam

Pretty bad place. It's not that clean and the bathroom facilities are awful. For two people for the same price you could stay at a nice hotel.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Austria

*queues ;)

Good location in Nha Trang. Helpful staff, happy to exchange money at a good rate. Shower pressure was poor with often long cues to get in.Job done in terms of breakfast.

They should think about updating their hostelworld page. The apple bar doesn't even exist anymore... No free drink on arrival

Good location not too far from the beach. One of the only hostels in Vietnam with aircon on all day.

I was very apprehensive from reading all the negative reviews on here, but was nicely surprised & had an ejoyable stay. The staff was friendly & helpful (had to ask to have my bed changed on arrival @ 8pm as wasn't ready, but it was dealt with quickly). My dorm room had secure lockers and good size beds; I can report no bedbugs in my bed :-) Showers were not great and not many for the number of people; 3rd floor power shower didn't work properly. Great location!

This place is nothing like the write up. No kitchen facilities, no breakfast, the lounge is a desk with 3 computers

• 18th Apr 2014

Dorm didn't close and lockers under beds were not secure. Didn't feel safe leaving belongings in the room.

Good value for money, above average in terms of service, clean and well maintained place. Personally, I did not like the atmosphere but overall it's a good place to stay.

False advertising. The booking staff tried to play games with us when we wanted to extend our visas. Dirty. Really weird and unfriendly staff. Creepy cat. Hot as hell and stinky like a sauna gone horribly wrong. Boo.

• 11th Mar 2014

We have looked into this complaint and can see no basis for it. Firstly, the hostel does not deal with visa extension, such matters are handled by the travel agency. The aircon in the room that you occupied is fully functional and you had full control of its temperature. However, we thank you for your feedback and hope that the rest of your trip is enjoyable.

When we checked into the hostel we were shown to our room by a member of staff, she had a problem with one of the keys so we only received one. That wasn't an issue as we're a couple, but on check out the receptionist demanded that we give her the two keys, I tried to explain we'd only got one and she was very, very rude, completely unprofessional and quite frankly aggressive. If I hadn't have already collected my passports she would have made me pay to replace a key before giving them back.

I stayed with my friends in a room for 4 people. There were only 2 outlets to plug in devices in the room, 1 of which did not work. There was also nowhere to hang out anything, and as this is a city with a beach, we had towels, bathing suits, etc. that we had nowhere to hang up to dry. The bathroom was quite dirty as well.

we got bedbugs bites ehile staying here. the staff obviously knew about it, but does not do anything about it. we moved to another place immedeately.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Good party hostel, good facilites, good location. My omly problem was my locker under the bed was broken so had to shre with somebody else so didnt feel too dafe.

Good place to stay. It's near the beach, restaurants, clubs and bars. the Breakfast was great too with many options.

• 16th Feb 2014

stay here was tainted. I booked a night for the Sunday night and booked an all day bus to Nha Trang during TET only to get an email in the morning before getting on the all day bus that they were over booked and I lost my spot. Booked a mixed dorm for Tuesday - Friday and then booked an actual room for the saturday only to be told when I went to get my room that the people that had it the night before were staying one more night. A booking is a booking you idiots. Really liked a couple staffmbrs

• 8th Feb 2014

The hostel is a great place to meet people, location perfect and the dorms are good. Bathroom quite dirty but you can live with it. The staff was good We would definitely stay there again!

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Rat in the bathroom. Unfriendly staff. To many people in one room even if we paid for a room with less people. Will never stay there again!

Rat in the bathroom and the 6 people mixed dorm is not 6 people. We were 18 people in 3 rooms but they were connected with a bathroom in the middle room. So if you stayed in the middle room everybody was passing by. The staff was very unfriendly.