9.3
Superb 772 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 772 Total Reviews
Backpackers INSIDE Located at 5 Sungkyunkwan-ro-4-gil, Jongrogu, Seoul.
South Korea
Seoul 110-522 5 Sungkyunkwan-ro-4-gil, Jongrogu
93% 772
37.5845819 126.9977423
    Rooms available

26th Aug 2016

The guys from reception was very nice . Once we arrived, everyone was friendly and welcoming , we loved the location cause it was closer to the center than our last hostel . I liked the atmosphere , the vibe and the music they were playing. try it !

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016

The area was good; a lot of nice restaurants nearby. This area is far from Hongdae (or other party/bar areas), so don't come here if you're (also) planning to party. The atmosphere is not bad, but the people who stay here have other things to do than socialize. Most of them trying to get a job or foreign students searching for a long term accomedation (this hostel is just a temporarly solution). The people who owned it are cool though!

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
7th Aug 2016
8.0

Very nice hostel! Would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Seoul, if they only changed the airco system; you have to pay for the airco in your room to work (500won per hour), and you definitely need airco in Asia in the summer, so paying extra for it seems a bit strange. Everything else is very nice, though: the staff was friendly and even helped me do my laundry (laundry machines with only Korean on them are confusing!) and their food recommendations were excellent. Nice area as well.

Dear Guest, Thank you for stay at our hostel. As we want to offer cheap price for budget traveler , we couldn't offer free air conditioning service for budget room any more. (all our deluxe room include free AC access as it is expensive room:: this system is common in east south Asia hostel) I feel sorry about, instead we offer free ac time (6pm, 10pm~1am) to offer better sleeping time for all guests. Thank you for your review and hope to see you next time again. Regards Min

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Jul 2016

Very clean and organized hostel. Free breakfast and towels, bathroom is always clean. Rooms are a little small, and the only downside is that you have to pay for the air conditioner, and it only stays on for an hour. Not ideal for summer since the rooms get pretty hot at night... I would definitely recommend this hostel just because of how comfortable and clean it is!

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2016

The pamphlet they give you is useful but a little outdated, some subway exits etc were wrong and the area map has changed a little. Also they have powerful fans but you must pay 500won an hour to use air conditioner...I think this is very unfair as the weather in Asia can get very hot and it's difficult to sleep. Other than that it was modern and clean!

Dear guest, Thank you for your stay with us. All we staffs wish you had a great time is Korea with us. Please give me a chance to explan something. 1) pamphlet : I made our own travel guide to our guest by myself , and yes, it is little bit outdate, I will update it soon. 2)airconditioner policy : we have 2 room types. budget room (fan only) deluxe room(include fan & ac) . To keep cheap price for budget travellers, I made a solution(coin ac for budget room) because I could't support all expensive electricity fee. If you feel uncomfortable with hot weather at night timeI feel really sorry that. Hope to see you next change again. Thank you again. Minyong Yu Backpackers INSIDE owner 1)

9th Jul 2016

Backpackers INSIDE was a nice hostel located near the palace. It is possible to walk to Insadong and the two nearest palace. On the other hand, I didn't really interact with the staff as much , nor the travelers staying there. Very clean though.

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

I stayed at the hostel for 4 nights and didnt have any problems at all; excellent friendly and helpful staff!!. I would highly recommend ;).

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Jun 2016
7.7

This was an ok hostel with good staff members, a nice atmosphere and very clean. A fairly good location too. The one I got that let it down was the fact that in the summertime you had to pay for air conditioning by the hour. In a hot country such as Korea, I felt this was unacceptable and the rooms were uncomfortably hot. I have never seen this before in a hostel. If it wasn't for that, I would've stayed again as I returned to Seoul. Breakfast was good though.

25th Jun 2016

Great room, we prefer a quiet space so it was perfect for us. Would have liked to have been at the main hostel for breakfast, but we made it work. Close to lots of shops and restaurants. Palace and children museum are 10 minute walk away. Subway station 10 min walk.

• Thailand, Female, 31-40
18th Jun 2016

Overview is very good except the air condition must pay by coins in themachine. It should included in the room rate.