Backpackers INSIDE Reviews

5 Sungkyunkwan-ro-4-gil, Jongrogu, Seoul, South Korea

5 min walk away from the subway station, very clean rooms and washrooms, great social setting and hosts!

I was assigned to stay in another building which takes few minutes to walk to. a bit disappointed as the room is different from the pictures and the roof of that building is ugly. there are two washrooms but one is so small and the shower sucks, also doesn't have shampoo and body wash. breakfast is offered in the main building only, so it takes time, (and one cannot wear pyjamas since you need to cross the street) to have breakfast. lucky that i met nice roommates in my dorm and had good time.

Dear Guest, First of all , I feel sorry that your uncomfortable stay with us. Please let me explain something for you. 1) we don't offer any shampoo & body wash for 6 years. 2) Room : that time we are over booked so I offer you room upgrade from 6 bed to 4 bed dorm. 3) Shower : Yes, one is small I agree...and I fixed shower, so it should be better than before. 4) Breakfast time is 8am~10am, and I think most of guest take breakfast just before their morning trip with proper clothes.

An excellent hostel. The dorms are amazingly cheap, and it includes some toast and eggs for breakfast. Great location (close to sights, food and entertainment). Easy to meet people in the common room. Friendly and helpful staff. One minor flaw was that the girls dorm was next to common room, so you need to keep the noise down, if you chatting/drinking into the early hours of the morning (but they mentioned possibly moving that dorm in winter, and making the common room bigger).

• 30th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

This hostel is very well located and the staff friendly. The rooms are clean. The only thing I've noticed is that I didn't have hot water in the room :-\ I hope it will be fixed! Apart from that the guesthouse is very good!

Backpackers INSIDE is the perfect place to stay in Seoul. My friend and I enjoyed capital and there are also a lot of activities around the building. It was very clean and well organised. I would definitely recommend it !

comfortable rooms, clean all around, and great people working here. the wifi can be slow at times, but otherwise is ok. plenty of places nearby to eat, and not far from lots of places to see. would recommend to anyone

I loved it there, I'll will comeback next time I'm in Seoul

• 23rd Jun 2015

The hostel was great. The only issue I had was Min assigned me the lower bunk by the door and when I cam back later another girl was sleeping in it so I had to use top bunk which I was very upset about. Not sure if staff also assigned her that by accident or if she was rude and just took it. Otherwise good value and good location. Need better directions from subway. (Exit 4, go left until street, go right (crossing intersection w/ dunkin donuts on left), walk past 7/11, right at chicken place)

The place was very nice. The facilities in general are very nice and useful (especially the kitchen) the staff is very friendly and the location is amazing. Very good place to stay!

The 7 bed apartment was definitely worth it.

The rooms were really tiny and were separated with really thin walls. There were no lockers to leave our things and I feel like my door could've been opened at any time.

GREAT hostel! I've been there for one week it was like a second home for me. The staff is super-friendly and helpful, you can get loads of tipps about Seoul and you can also book trips to DMZ there. The staff even offers activities like karaoke or Korean bbq where evebody can join. Thw location ia very close to a lot of sights.

The location is really convenient access to all public transport. And the staffs are very friendly and helpful to guide u all the information u need to know in Seoul.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Best parts: Enthusiastic staff, free eggs at breakfast, hot water in showers, cute decor, cosy common area & well-equipped kitchen. Free upgrade from dorm to private room cos they overbooked. Room for improvement: Room door locks could be more secure, more soundproofing in general. Would be comfortable with longer-term stay

This is a good guest house! The people are great and the overall feeling was great, plus it's clean and cosy. But the first two nights many gusts didn't have breakfast. The single room is claustrophobic, a window to the street offers drunken old Koreans tantrums at midnight. If you book the female dorm you have noise. from the common room as the walls thin.

The location is great for sightseeing (especially the temples) and Naksan park is close by where you can get a panoramic view of the city. The single room was really tiny, maybe just book the dorm room if you are not desperate for privacy. The staff was nice and helpful and it's easy to meet new people at the common room.