Backpackers INSIDE Reviews

5 Sungkyunkwan-ro-4-gil, Jongrogu, Seoul, South Korea

It's very good place to stay when you visit Seoul. is Everything is awesome. We hope to go back there someday. : )

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

I enjoyed my stay and plan to return in the future.

• 19th Jul 2014

I like Backpackers INSIDE. I've been there several times and always stay in the female dorm. It can be a bit stuffy in the summer, as some don't like turning on the AC or the fans at night (which I will never understand). The staff are very friendly and you can make your own breakfast (eggs, toast... pretty basic fare) in the morning. Major complaint: the bathroom is a bit cramped/sometimes grimy and, at times, there's a line to take a shower (only one shower). But overall, not bad.

Good hostel. The only problem I found was the lack of other westerners but that could easily have been a timing thing. The hostel itself was great. The two owners were as helpful as they could be and there was lots of useful information.

This was our second time staying here and we will probably be back here again whenever we are in Seoul. The staff is super friendly and extremely helpful. Not to mention they gave us a free room upgrade because they weren't busy! I love this place and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, friendly accommodations in Seoul. Also it's really close to the subway, so it's easy to get around!

• 5th Jun 2014

I've stayed at Inside Backpackers 3 times (soon 4) and it's always a pleasure. The staff is really friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms are clean, and the rooms ( though a bit small ) are really comfy. It's a bit noisy until midnight but it's a guesthouse so it's a given. It is located right next to Sungkyunkwan University so the area is quite lively, with coffee shops, restaurants and other shops. I would definitely recommend you to stay there !

My wife and I stayed in a double ensuite room. It was clean, had a desk with a computer and a kitchenette. The bed was really comfy and soft, which is quite rare in the country were most bed mattresses are as hard as wood. Private rooms are located in another buliding which is just a few steps away from the main one. The location of both buildings is fantastic, near a street full of cafes and good food joints. We also enjoyed spending time in the laid-back common area. Overall, a great hostel.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Poland

Best location! Less than 10 minutes to the Metro. 3 minutes to the Airport shuttle bus station. 24H convenient stores and restaurants all around. I love to stay in this area because young people(college students) live in this area. Staffs are excellent. Guests became friends very quickly because of the home-like atmosphere. The only shortcoming is the limited shower room.

Min was really accommodating. We told him we'd arrive at 10 but waited till 1040ish which is when we actually arrived. We rented the two twin deluxe room and although the room was small it was large enough for what we needed. The only thing I could say that could of been better was the bed frame/support. It felt a little flimsy if you sat in between the legs. And I'm not a heavy or large guy either weighing in at 160lbs. Other then that great location, great staff, good price.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was really helpful and nice, the whole atmosphere in the hostel was homey and comfortable. The single room was clean and comfortable, it would just be good if there was air freshener in it, or if it was aired out more often.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Guatemala

The Hostel was great!! The staff was really friendly and helpful. They helped arrange a tour for us and was really thoughtful in planning how it would be easier for us to get our luggage and go to the airport after . Definitely will come back to this hostel if I go to Seoul again!!

• 20th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here and the staff is so nice!

It was a good stay in Backpackers Inside. Will definitely recommend to other people due to the airport transfer location. The room s though a bit small but it is clean and the facilities are good

• 19th Mar 2014