9.3
Superb 774 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 774 Total Reviews
Backpackers INSIDE Located at 5 Sungkyunkwan-ro-4-gil, Jongrogu, Seoul.
South Korea
Seoul 110-522 5 Sungkyunkwan-ro-4-gil, Jongrogu
93% 774
37.5845819 126.9977423
    Rooms available

• India, Female, 41+
16th Sep 2016
2.0

U dont deserve any marks. As per specifications showed by u I had booked a room type Deluxe 2-Bed Prvt Ensuite frm 16.9.16--21.9.16. I paid you booking fees USD32.82 on 26.8.16. But on arrival the representatives of 'Inside Seoul hostel' offered us a degraded 4-bunk-bed-rm citing that our booked rm was no longer available at that time. When I had made a booking with advanced pmnts why the selected rm was not given to me? Do u expect me 2 make any future resrvations thru u/ recommend u 2 frnds?

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
29th Aug 2016

Home away from home. Mia and Minyong are so nice and friendly. Min helped us on what medicine to buy when my sister got sick. There's free breakfast too! Toilet and bathroom are always clean. Will definitely stay in this hostel again when we come back. :)

26th Aug 2016

The guys from reception was very nice . Once we arrived, everyone was friendly and welcoming , we loved the location cause it was closer to the center than our last hostel . I liked the atmosphere , the vibe and the music they were playing. try it !

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016

The area was good; a lot of nice restaurants nearby. This area is far from Hongdae (or other party/bar areas), so don't come here if you're (also) planning to party. The atmosphere is not bad, but the people who stay here have other things to do than socialize. Most of them trying to get a job or foreign students searching for a long term accomedation (this hostel is just a temporarly solution). The people who owned it are cool though!

Dear guest, Thank you for stay with us. Here INSIDE is just next to university and we have many students who is coming to study at university at end of Aug.(specially when you stay) Most of guest here are backpacker, travelers not who looking for job or searching for accommodation. And yes you are right, here is not a hongdae (not party area), so if someone expect fun nightlife, hongdae area is always best. Thank you for your review again. Regards Cool owner

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
7th Aug 2016
8.0

Very nice hostel! Would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Seoul, if they only changed the airco system; you have to pay for the airco in your room to work (500won per hour), and you definitely need airco in Asia in the summer, so paying extra for it seems a bit strange. Everything else is very nice, though: the staff was friendly and even helped me do my laundry (laundry machines with only Korean on them are confusing!) and their food recommendations were excellent. Nice area as well.

Dear Guest, Thank you for stay at our hostel. As we want to offer cheap price for budget traveler , we couldn't offer free air conditioning service for budget room any more. (all our deluxe room include free AC access as it is expensive room:: this system is common in east south Asia hostel) I feel sorry about, instead we offer free ac time (6pm, 10pm~1am) to offer better sleeping time for all guests. Thank you for your review and hope to see you next time again. Regards Min

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Jul 2016

Very clean and organized hostel. Free breakfast and towels, bathroom is always clean. Rooms are a little small, and the only downside is that you have to pay for the air conditioner, and it only stays on for an hour. Not ideal for summer since the rooms get pretty hot at night... I would definitely recommend this hostel just because of how comfortable and clean it is!

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2016

The pamphlet they give you is useful but a little outdated, some subway exits etc were wrong and the area map has changed a little. Also they have powerful fans but you must pay 500won an hour to use air conditioner...I think this is very unfair as the weather in Asia can get very hot and it's difficult to sleep. Other than that it was modern and clean!

Dear guest, Thank you for your stay with us. All we staffs wish you had a great time is Korea with us. Please give me a chance to explan something. 1) pamphlet : I made our own travel guide to our guest by myself , and yes, it is little bit outdate, I will update it soon. 2)airconditioner policy : we have 2 room types. budget room (fan only) deluxe room(include fan & ac) . To keep cheap price for budget travellers, I made a solution(coin ac for budget room) because I could't support all expensive electricity fee. If you feel uncomfortable with hot weather at night timeI feel really sorry that. Hope to see you next change again. Thank you again. Minyong Yu Backpackers INSIDE owner 1)

9th Jul 2016

Backpackers INSIDE was a nice hostel located near the palace. It is possible to walk to Insadong and the two nearest palace. On the other hand, I didn't really interact with the staff as much , nor the travelers staying there. Very clean though.

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

I stayed at the hostel for 4 nights and didnt have any problems at all; excellent friendly and helpful staff!!. I would highly recommend ;).

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Jun 2016
7.7

This was an ok hostel with good staff members, a nice atmosphere and very clean. A fairly good location too. The one I got that let it down was the fact that in the summertime you had to pay for air conditioning by the hour. In a hot country such as Korea, I felt this was unacceptable and the rooms were uncomfortably hot. I have never seen this before in a hostel. If it wasn't for that, I would've stayed again as I returned to Seoul. Breakfast was good though.