Backpackers INSIDE Reviews

5 Sungkyunkwan-ro-4-gil, Jongrogu, Seoul, South Korea

very good hostel in cool neighborhood outside of downtown. staff us very very helpful. min was great. they gave differ entry buildings in the same neighborhood meaning nor every one is together. still a good time though

Generally the hostel is very good. the receptionist is friendly. however the kitchen where we used to cook our breakfast is too small. I think they should have 2 stoves in order to accommodate more and to lessen congestion in the kitchen. also the time they start to serve breakfast is 9 am, I suggest they make it 7 am at the latest.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Philippines

We were also happy having you here and thank you for your advice. we will keep trying to improve our facility. Our breakfast time is from 8am to 10am, if we let you know wrongly, I feel sorry.

Nice staff, gd location

The owners are rockstars. SO so so nice and helpful. The place is nice, confy and clean, with breakfast in the morning and tea - coffe facilities. Wifi and internet work fine. Beds could be nicer but they're good. Main problem I see is that is not very big and my dorm was beside the common room - and I could hear everything one day that I wanted an early night.

Convenient location with gd staff

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • China

This is a very nice hostel i would say. People are nice and the rooms are big and have all facilities for the travellers. He atmosphere is nice, however I didn't have time to walk in and chill with others because the schedule in Seoul is too full. I recommend this place, it's convenient to food area and not far from subway.

It's very good place to stay when you visit Seoul. is Everything is awesome. We hope to go back there someday. : )

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

I enjoyed my stay and plan to return in the future.

• 19th Jul 2014

I like Backpackers INSIDE. I've been there several times and always stay in the female dorm. It can be a bit stuffy in the summer, as some don't like turning on the AC or the fans at night (which I will never understand). The staff are very friendly and you can make your own breakfast (eggs, toast... pretty basic fare) in the morning. Major complaint: the bathroom is a bit cramped/sometimes grimy and, at times, there's a line to take a shower (only one shower). But overall, not bad.

Good hostel. The only problem I found was the lack of other westerners but that could easily have been a timing thing. The hostel itself was great. The two owners were as helpful as they could be and there was lots of useful information.

This was our second time staying here and we will probably be back here again whenever we are in Seoul. The staff is super friendly and extremely helpful. Not to mention they gave us a free room upgrade because they weren't busy! I love this place and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, friendly accommodations in Seoul. Also it's really close to the subway, so it's easy to get around!

• 5th Jun 2014

I've stayed at Inside Backpackers 3 times (soon 4) and it's always a pleasure. The staff is really friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms are clean, and the rooms ( though a bit small ) are really comfy. It's a bit noisy until midnight but it's a guesthouse so it's a given. It is located right next to Sungkyunkwan University so the area is quite lively, with coffee shops, restaurants and other shops. I would definitely recommend you to stay there !

My wife and I stayed in a double ensuite room. It was clean, had a desk with a computer and a kitchenette. The bed was really comfy and soft, which is quite rare in the country were most bed mattresses are as hard as wood. Private rooms are located in another buliding which is just a few steps away from the main one. The location of both buildings is fantastic, near a street full of cafes and good food joints. We also enjoyed spending time in the laid-back common area. Overall, a great hostel.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Poland

Best location! Less than 10 minutes to the Metro. 3 minutes to the Airport shuttle bus station. 24H convenient stores and restaurants all around. I love to stay in this area because young people(college students) live in this area. Staffs are excellent. Guests became friends very quickly because of the home-like atmosphere. The only shortcoming is the limited shower room.