Backpackers INSIDE Reviews

5 Sungkyunkwan-ro-4-gil, Jongrogu, Seoul, South Korea

I loved it there, I'll will comeback next time I'm in Seoul

• 23rd Jun 2015

The hostel was great. The only issue I had was Min assigned me the lower bunk by the door and when I cam back later another girl was sleeping in it so I had to use top bunk which I was very upset about. Not sure if staff also assigned her that by accident or if she was rude and just took it. Otherwise good value and good location. Need better directions from subway. (Exit 4, go left until street, go right (crossing intersection w/ dunkin donuts on left), walk past 7/11, right at chicken place)

The place was very nice. The facilities in general are very nice and useful (especially the kitchen) the staff is very friendly and the location is amazing. Very good place to stay!

The 7 bed apartment was definitely worth it.

The rooms were really tiny and were separated with really thin walls. There were no lockers to leave our things and I feel like my door could've been opened at any time.

GREAT hostel! I've been there for one week it was like a second home for me. The staff is super-friendly and helpful, you can get loads of tipps about Seoul and you can also book trips to DMZ there. The staff even offers activities like karaoke or Korean bbq where evebody can join. Thw location ia very close to a lot of sights.

The location is really convenient access to all public transport. And the staffs are very friendly and helpful to guide u all the information u need to know in Seoul.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Best parts: Enthusiastic staff, free eggs at breakfast, hot water in showers, cute decor, cosy common area & well-equipped kitchen. Free upgrade from dorm to private room cos they overbooked. Room for improvement: Room door locks could be more secure, more soundproofing in general. Would be comfortable with longer-term stay

This is a good guest house! The people are great and the overall feeling was great, plus it's clean and cosy. But the first two nights many gusts didn't have breakfast. The single room is claustrophobic, a window to the street offers drunken old Koreans tantrums at midnight. If you book the female dorm you have noise. from the common room as the walls thin.

The location is great for sightseeing (especially the temples) and Naksan park is close by where you can get a panoramic view of the city. The single room was really tiny, maybe just book the dorm room if you are not desperate for privacy. The staff was nice and helpful and it's easy to meet new people at the common room.

I loved staying at Backpackers Inside hostel! The staff was so friendly and helpful, the location was excellent and the bed was comfortable. The only downside was the freezing cold bathroom but I guess it was a part of the experience.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Finland

A nice place to stay, one thing worth noting is that some of the rooms are about 100m across the road from the main building, but for us this was hardly a problem

Backpackers Inside really made my stay in Seoul really memorable. The staff is really superfriendly, really helpful and great to hang out with! The atmosphere at Backpackers is really great, and really encourages socializing with other Backpackers. Not all of the facilities are in perfect condition, but for the price that the hostel offers, it's really great. The location is close to Hyehwa station, so quite central. Definitely will drop by again! Thank you for the great time.

I had the most amazing time here and I hope u go back one day.

• 14th Feb 2015

Met so many great friends in this hostel. I arrived at 0130 hrs at night, the owner didnt complain, woke up and upgraded me to a single room, very touching indeed. The atmosphere is great, can meet lots of travellers at night. Thank you !

This is so far my favourite hostel in Seoul. It has become my go-to hostel when ever I come to Seoul. The staff are super friendly and the hostel has a great comfortable vibe. The staff are happy to answer any questions or give suggestions and everything is practically like the pictures. The area is great as well, close by the hyehwa shopping area and good cheap food near by.

I am absolutely in love with this hostel. Mia, Min, and Jiyong are probably some of the most lovely and friendly Korean people you will ever meet. Staying at this hostel is like visiting a friend, no matter if you've stayed here before or not. The beds and facilities are nice, everything is clean and well kept, and there are plenty of places to eat and drink near by. Living in Korea for a year, I've been to my fair share of hostels in Seoul and I can say with certainty that this is my favourite.

The staff at Inside are so incredinly helpful and genuinely curious about what you're doing. See, they really want you to have an amazing time here so if you ask them anything they're more than happy to help. I have no complaints other than location and the inaccessibility of the subway which they have nothing to so with. I stayed here for 5 nights and would easily have stayed 5 more. Not like they need more positive publicity. Quite a reputation; but it's very well earned.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and chilled with us in the evening. The area around the hostel was very lively at night with many street food vendors and shops. I even walked by a movie being filmed. The rooms were adequate with sockets and lights for each bed.

Great, comfortable and convenient.

• 12th Jan 2015