Backpackers Imperial Hotel Reviews

138 Collins Street, Hobart, Australia

Stayed in Private Single Room. Very basic but adequate. Bed was comfy. Heating was not that good. A small oil heater barely kept the chill off and a huge fireplace in communal area was not lit (so very cold in large spaces). Location was great very central and airporter shuttle was good value ($30 return and drop off/pick up very close by). Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable re things to do and places to eat. Its a huge hostel and security was a concern but I had no dramas.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Centrally located at the city centre. Cleanliness to be improved. The floor at the room is very dirty and dusty. It shall be swept every day. Heating facilities shall be improved. The heater is not making too much functions. And the level changes shall be considered. Too many staircases up and down. The kitchen is a nice place to gather people so please improve the wifi reception there.

Great location and the staff were unbelievably friendly !

Thank you for feedback! We hope you come stay with us again! -Edmond.

Its a brand new hostel, right in the center of town in a charming old building. Very clean. Very friendly staff'!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Thanks Martin! We're glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Very quiet hostel if that's what you are looking for. Great location, comfy bed although my friends bed clothes smelt like feet?! Overload on signage. Very strict... A fine for absolutely everything, I felt that if I sneezed I would be fined! Kitchen unclean first day but that was due to others staying, the second day it was much cleaner.

I have nothing bad to say about my experience ! From the moment I walked out of the airport onto the transit bus the bus driver was very friendly and welcoming , the staff at the hostel were also very friendly and welcoming , it was nice to walk the passageways and smell the cleanliness , the shared bathrooms were clean and tidy and the rooms clean and bedding very comfortable! The hostel itself is in a greasy spot ! Close walking distance to everything ! Would highly recommend

• 19th Apr 2014

Thanks Michelle! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!!

Friendly, calm and accommodating staff. The rooms are toasty at night, so no worries about the chill factor. Really comfortable beds too!

• 13th Apr 2014

Thank you for the positive review! We hope to see you again soon :)

I would like to have a little bedlamp in my private bedroom the luxe if that was possible.

• 12th Apr 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We have ordered bedlamps and are currently waiting for them to arrive. Hope to see you next time!

Large, airy space but lacking decoration or character . Kitchen was large and well-equipped. Free WiFi was unusual for Hobart/Oz. Bathrooms were clean but not many and very military/boarding school type. Lockers in my room were pretty much useless for other than valuables as you couldn't even get a day pack in, let alone a case or back pack.

I had a really lovely stay at this hostel. The location is really great so most things are in walking distance and the staff is awesome. The hostel is kept nice and clean and the beds are super comfy. I would definitely recommend it.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Good central location. Found the rooms to be pretty cramped though. When I checked in I was told after a certain point at night you had to use the back door which is fine but they didn't explain that it was hard to find and unmarked. Took me half an hour to get the right door.

The room was quite dirty when I arrived. I tried to think that because it's occupied by other person(4 beds dorm)I tried to choose the bed as I couldn't notice the number which was assigned from reception. 2 out of 3 available beds were stained and lots of hairs and some green debris on(seems like someone picked its nose and left something on the bed) the linen was white and I could see it easily. Another bed looks like someone just left his/her bed just before I arrive. So gross!

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I am very surprised your room was not cleaned when you checked in, I will discuss with the cleaners about this and make sure this does not happen again. In regards, to the bed allocation, the bed number is located on your key chain whilst the beds in the rooms have letters allocated to them above the bed head.

Enjoyed my stay there, especially the location. The staff were always friendly and helpful, with varying degrees of knowledge of the city. The stairs kept you fit, especially being on the 3rd floor! Sadly there were one or two tenants who became quite an annoyance, and it would have been good if the WiFi extended to the rest of the communal area. Would definitely stay there again.