Backpackers In Paradise Reviews

40 Peninsular Drive, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Security is mostly non-existent as most of the lockers are broken in the 20-bed dorm. There's always stuff going on at night, easy to meet people. The music is loud but is only from 11am-ish to 11pm-ish. One of the toilets in the 20-bed dorm smelled like urine constantly, but I just avoided it. WiFi is incredibly slow, free networks in the shopping center are much faster. Easy walk to beach, shopping, etc. The staff are nice but reception is often unmanned and you have to hunt them down.

Good for everything...i love it!

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Only were there a few hours but seemed like a decent hostel. We had one bathroom for the dorm (8 beds) so feel like it could be a bit annoying at times with the shower/toilet/mirror in the one room... it was also pretty old/rusted/dirty.

planed to stay one night and ended up staying 4. This is a good party hostel.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Big thanks to Alex for booking my skydive. Had a great time here was close to town and got a free upgrade. Big thanks to the crew at this hostel

• 12th Nov 2014

Shower was insane!' Went from hot to cold to hot every 10 seconds. Also the room and the bathrooms were not very clean. Massive stains on my mattress and it was paper thin. On the plus side very friendly and convenient

Was only here for one night but was a nice hostel

• 2nd Nov 2014

Loved it was a great vibe hostel

• 2nd Nov 2014

It has such potential to be a really good hostel but the fact that you are not allowed to bring drink into the hostel really lets it down.I understand that there are laws preventing this but as a backpacker the only thing I can afford is cheap goon regardless how cheap drinks are at the bar it stil would mean spending more moneyThe kitchen was sooo filthy and there was never any cutlery and the only tea towels they had available were actual body towels that were constantly wet and brown.

• 23rd Oct 2014

It was good.

Pillows are either non-existent or flat/lumy/yellowed. Mattresses stained. Top bunk too close to the ceiling fan so risk of being chopped when you climb into bed. Bunks also very unstable. Full of drunk Irish / poms.

• 17th Oct 2014

Best hostel I have stayed in so far! The facilities were incredible (bar, swimming pool, pool tables, café, convenience store, modern kitchen, table tennis) there was always something to do. The location was also great. 2 minutes away from the bus station and a short walk to groceries and the beach/night club scene. Everybody was so nice and open. The rooms were alright, my only complaint is I wish there were more public washrooms and showers. Overall I highly recommend it.

Really sweet spot to chill out for a bit with friends, good staff and the pool and everything just ads to the experience, Gotta love a good hostel;)

The room was a bit old and though most of it was clean it didn't look very inviting.

Nice place. stayed in the 20 bed dorm and ended up staying 4 nights great party vibe.

• 14th Jul 2014

Great place! Came down from brisbane for the night and stayed at this gem.Great staff great hostel ill be back for sure.

• 13th Jul 2014

I think the staffs are really nice and they gave me the deposit first because I will leave ealy in the morning. However, I think it's really a mess in the room. I hope the staffs can manage it better.

There isn't hot water sometimes in the night.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Nice place with friendly people and close to the town centre

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope this means you will return to us in the near future! Safe travels from all our team here at Backpackers in Paradise

I stayed at the end of June, in winter. At 2nd floor, no hot water at night, because 1st floor is kitchen, so I could not use shower, because it was too cold. It was very noisy in the hostel. Loudly music the whole day, even at night. Many drunk backpackers in the hostel, I need to take care of myself and my bag carefully. Location is good, staff is helpful enough, cheap price to stay.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a comment, we are sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with your stay but appreciate all your comments and will take them into consideration. We hope we can change your mind in the near future and hope to see you again! Again apologies for any inconvenience. From all our team here at Backpackers in Paradise.

← Back to search results