Backpackers In Paradise Reviews

40 Peninsular Drive, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Personal was really rude. The bathrooms had ages from the last time that have been cleaned.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Chile

This is actually more expensive than any other hostel in Surfers as you are no allowed to have alcohol on site and have to buy alcohol from the horrendously overpriced bar. Wifi was non existent and staff were about as happy and as helpful as a chocolate fire guard, couldn't have paid them to smile. Aircon was non existent in a room of 20 placed in the far corner of the room with 3 poor ceiling fans to try and make up for it. DONT DO IT

• 20th Mar 2015

We booked 20 mixed bed but there was no free bed for us. So staff changed our room to ensuite 4 bed room. I joined club party. It was great as well. And I wanted borrow a surf board (it was very cheap) but I couldn't. Because I asked them too late(after 3 pm). But if you want borrow it, you should go early.

One of the best hostels in Surfers.A great atmosphere and generally good party mood.Stopped here two nights and enjoyed it.

My bathroom was really dirty but the reception immediately sent someone to clean it when I complained. The beds are comf and the vans are good. The kitchen was spacious and had good facilities. Every night they organize pub crawls and stuff for cheaper prices than in town BOOK WITH THE HOSTEL in order not to get ripped off!!!

Bathrooms need to be cleaned on a more regular basis... The shared bathroom for three private rooms looked like it needed a good cleaning/facelift. The private room was small but fairly comfortable -- needed more places to hang towels and wet swimwear though. If you aren't looking for a party hostel... look elsewhere. This hostel gets pretty noisy at night.

they never cleant the rooms, the staf was allright at times. We had a person steeling from our room when we told the staf about it they did nothing

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

The staff at this place were great, unfortunately the room I was staying in had a leak on my first day from the room above and it ended up stinking out the room. Not the hostels fault just bad luck really. They did bring in a heat blower to dry out the floor and get rid of the smell but not off. Everything else was alright, pretty standard. The location is perfect for getting everywhere. I'd stay again just not in the same room.

Nice place to stay i had mates tell me they stayed here and recommended it. i booked a big dorm but was upgraded to a 8 bed room. Room was clean and hostel is in a great location. Ill be back here in March with more friends had a good night here.

• 4th Feb 2015

Stayed in a 20 bed dorm for one night and when i booked it i was not sure what to expect. I had a great time here and the room was good it had aircon and 2 bathrooms and i got to meet some awsome peolple.Highly recomend this place.good location and near beach.

• 3rd Feb 2015

Fun hostel. They have cheap deals for going out every night . Met some awesome people inside !

10 minute walk from town and beach, nice enough pool area and a great atmosphere. Only downside was one shower and toilet between our 2 rooms (16 people in total) so was a bit dirty and busy, overall a good stay for the money

Party hostel. If you want to sleep, don't go to this hostel.

I did not get for my first night sheets and cover pilow I did left my towel on the rail stairs and when i come back to the backpackers it was on the floor and one guy (cleaner) from the staff was step on it.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Not a bad location with friendly staff and good facilities. Needs a lick of paint and a good paint mind and could do with more lockers.

The kitchen is the dirtiest I have ever seen. Bathrooms aren't clean as well. But the hostel has a good athmosphere, it feels like a family. And it has a great location near the shopping malls and the beach.

Well located hostel with a pool and a restaurant but the staff is not very helpful ( while checking in I felt I was bothering the two staff members who where chatting .I had to come down twice wth my suitcase and ask to find my room. No explanation of the hostel activities) and it s not clean and very hot in the rooms

Worst hostel I stayed in in Australia. 1 toilet and shower between 14 people which was dirty and always busy. Kitchen was unclean and flies were everywhere. Our food was stolen from the kitchen and despite the 'food theives will be chucked out' posters the staff didn't care when we told them. Couldn't be paid to stay here again!

• 19th Jan 2015

The pool and air conditioned sofa room/ bar are really nice to chill at, which we did even after we had checked out. The kitchen was stifling hot to cook in but well equipped. The hostel is a short walk to the bus station & 10 mins to the beach. Room was really hot as there was no air con. Hostel has a party atmosphere. Luggage storage is just in the corner of the main area and lots of people seemed to come in and out of our room even though it was only a 4 bed dorm.

Great hostel, party atmosphere, clean rooms, strange lock on the bedroom doors and if you dont lock them randomers can walk into your room which happened to us. Rooms also get crazy hot the fan isnt much use, feared for my life getting up and down on top bunk haha.

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels