Backpackers In Paradise Reviews

40 Peninsular Drive, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia

Next stop byron bay big thanks to the crew at the hostel for making me feel welcome i loved staying here

• 31st Mar 2014

Only stayed here one night. Great location

• 19th Mar 2014

First hostel on the east coast and loved it. Booked 1 night meet some awesome people and ended up staying 6 nights. Hostel was clean, good bunk and en suite. I had booked a 20 bed dorm but was upgraded to a 4 bed (thanks Alex)

They close the kitchen and laundry at 9 pm ant it's too early

• 19th Mar 2014

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. I was only in Surfers for one night and stayed here because it was cheap but you get what you pay for. There were cockroaches crawling on the wall beside my bed, the paint in bathrooms and dorms was peeling off and you could tell it was old and not cleaned often. The hostel needs updating. On pub crawl nights the hostel gets very rowdy and staff do little to keep it safe: guys were fighting in the courtyard and no one did anything to stop it

Had a amazing time rooms basic but sure its only for sleepin so was nt worried ,friendly staff and made a point on tryin to get every1 stayin involved each nite activites, lively place most nights which u want as a backpacker and pool well maintained! Will def be back !

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Nice hostel. Thanks for the good times

• 1st Mar 2014

Hi there thanks for leaving us a good review. We're extremely happy to hear you had a good stay with us :). Happy travels & be sure to drop in & see us some time, we'd love the chance to look after you again :). Thanks again. Markus.

Nice place close to town and beach. I stayed in 20 bed dorm and it was ok. room has air con and two bathrooms and was clean. I met lots of cool people here staff included.

• 1st Mar 2014

Good stay. I had booked a 20 bed dorm but on arrival was upgraded to a 10 bed aircon room. I would be back again.

• 1st Mar 2014

Stayed in a 20 bed dorm, nice pool and atmosphere and right next to the centre of surfer's. Only real critism was 'Big Night Out' on Saturday where we managed to get lost through poor organisation so didn't get our free drink and there were only 3 clubs not 4 as advertised.

This was the dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed in, with mold on the shower curtains and walls of the toilets. Filthy kitchen with little to no appropriate cooking untensils. After one night I wanted to cancel my second night and get a refund but they would not refund my money. I would not only avoid this hostel, I would urge a health inspector to visit

Hi there, we're very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy you stay. We have 12 cleaners who operate throughout the day & as you can see from almost all of our reviews,our cleanliness standards are very high. Occasionally the guests make allot of mess in the kitchen & it takes a longer than usual time to clean it. We apologize & wish you the best with all of your travels :). Thanks again. Kind regards The B.I.P team.

This was an ok hostel. I wouldn't recommend the biggest size dorms, there were lockers in the dorms but the door was always open. The rooms also got unbearably hot. The kitchen was tiny for the amount of people the hostel accommodated. They did have a pool and was a 10 minute walk to the beach.

wicked hostel total party vibe. close to everything. staff really helpful & friendly. had a wicked time would stay again for sure !!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope you manage to head this way again & enjoy another night in Paradise. Safe travels

All I can say is that it's a Party Hostel!! U got there to Party and experience the best of Gold Coast night life! Great atmosphere. No air-con in the rooms, which made it a little uncomfortable, but most of the time I was drunk, so I jus passed out! They also have great deals on traveling and Sky Diving over Byron Bay! I really loved this hostel and will for sure go back!!

• 30th Jan 2014

i had been upgraded to comfortable room, counter crew was very helpful.. kitchen clean but its turn congested on peak hours..

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Safe travels

Only problem with this place is no byo other then that its was great.

• 14th Jan 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Safe travels

Only stayed 1 night but had a great time. Room was good and staff were friendly.

• 13th Jan 2014

great place i booked 1 night and ended up staying 2 weeks.

• 12th Jan 2014

1) Rude Staff. 2) We've paid for a room for 4pp with ensuite. But the same bathroom was shared with other 10pp. There was a big hole in the bathroom wall. 3) We've paid for a Pub Crawling. So messy! Staff not prepared. In the last pub, even the staff get lost and no one knew where we should go. A plenty of people paid for 4 pubs, and received free entry just for 3.

Hi there Marco, firstly I would like to thank you for your review. I would just like to clear up the issues with your bathroom. You had booked the 4 bed shared bathroom, this shares a bathroom with the ten bed & is our only room like this. All other 4 beds are en-suite & that's why the room you booked is significantly cheaper than these. With the pub crawl, this is run by another company to us & they have separate staff. We will relay the message onto the co-coordinators. Thanks again B.I.P

Nice facilities. Good place for beach vacations with your friends.

Hi Pedro, thank you very much for leaving such a great response. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed our facilities & feel as our hostel is a good place to experience the Gold Coast's beach culture. We would love to look after you again if you return to Surfers :). Enjoy your travels. Thanks again the B.I.P team .

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels