Backpackers Inn Chinatown Reviews

27 Mosque Street S059505 (Reception), 30A Mosque Street (Hostel), Singapore, Singapore

Through my travel around South East Asia, this is definitely the winner of 'the worst hostel I ever stayed'. Firstly my iPhone charger was stolen on the first night. Secondly I booked a 4-bed dorm, however the dorm was only divided by curtain with other four 8 bed-dorm, bathrooms and kitchen. So i couldn't sleep at all due to the curtain sound insulation. Thirdly people who stayed there are more like local workers than backpackers, and they make noise whole night and come back at 5am. STAY AWAY!

The various units are unequal in terms of service: there is a dryer only in the unit right next to reception (we were next door so we had to go to the other unit), we were out of toilet paper and handwash soap for a few days and there were ants in the kitchen

Pros: Strategic place especially for backpackers Inexpensive for those who follows a budget plan for their trip Cons: No actual rooms, section/rooms are just divided using blankets No breakfast included (though this is just fine) Place is too small for those who have big luggage..hehe

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

Definitely good value for money, nice location in the middle of Chinatown but in a more quiet street, friendly staff and overall satisfying all necessary basic requirements. Some problems with the wi-fi which did not work at times and in my opinion a lower quality bed which made it a bit troublesome to sleep.

The staff is really friendly. Our room was a 14 bed mixed dorm, a really small room with too many people in it. You couldn't really walk around at all. Loud at night cause of a karaoke bar downstairs. They provide lockers in the room which is good cause I wouldn't leave my stuff there what so ever. Location is really good though, so that should be the reason you stay there.

The worst hostel experience I have ever had. Tiny cramped hostel with beds located in a thoroughfare area. when leaving bags at the hostel they are left unattended in this area. We booked 4 people in a 4 person room however on arrival we were told one of our group would be staying in a different room. Our room was just partition walls. My bed was the to bunk right next to the air con blasting out super cool air for essentially 4 rooms. Was freezing all night and got zero sleep. Overpriced too.