Backpackers Inn Chinatown Reviews

27 Mosque Street S059505 (Reception), 30A Mosque Street (Hostel), Singapore, Singapore

Only stayed 2 nights. The beds very fine. Shower and toilet was okay and tidy. Lockers were really appreciated. Lights in the main hallway are kept on at all times which was a bit distracting at night for sleeping and there are only curtains to separate the dorm sections. Not very private. I also found this hostel to be very noisy. They did have a kettle and a free water cooler which was nice. Location is fine because Chinatown station is very close by. It's OK for the price. Not the worst.

Dirty, loud, pillows were rock hard, very dark and dingy. Worst place we've stayed on our travels, luckily we were only here for a night!

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

Guests who live there have to tolerate snoring by others. Some hostels like Adler provide ear disposable plugs for the purpose.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Through my travel around South East Asia, this is definitely the winner of 'the worst hostel I ever stayed'. Firstly my iPhone charger was stolen on the first night. Secondly I booked a 4-bed dorm, however the dorm was only divided by curtain with other four 8 bed-dorm, bathrooms and kitchen. So i couldn't sleep at all due to the curtain sound insulation. Thirdly people who stayed there are more like local workers than backpackers, and they make noise whole night and come back at 5am. STAY AWAY!