Backpackers Inn Venice 3512 Cann Reviews

Madonna dell'Orto, check-in at Hotel Minerva&Nettun Lista di Spagna 2, Venice, Italy

Quiet place at the back of the city near the edge of the lagoon. Bit of a walk to the centre but it does not have the mad crowds but still has a nice few places to eat and get a drink. Probably one of the cleanest areas of the city too.

We did not stay here due to being told they did not recieve our reservation because we only had booked it the night before. Apparently they don't have a computer system there and it all runs through the hotel minerva and nettuno! However we were told that since the mix up we would be able to stay at the hotel instead. In short the hotel is the worst ever with HORRIBLE staff, so rude!! They actually will yell at you. Very noisy rooms, not super clean, wifi and breakfast not free!! Do not stay!!

Good place to stay having into account that Venice is not a cheap city.

If I had to do it again, I would stay at this hostel because it is so darn cheap, close to the train station, and secure. I did have a very big problem here. There is a skeeter mosquito infestation here. I went to bed the first night and woke up with mosquito bites all over my face most notably my eyelid and looked like Quadimodo for my whole Venice stay. Ask for a room that isn't at the end of the hall and buy big spray. Hotel Minerva gives directions, but landmarks are hard to find at night.

• 27th Sep 2014

The hostel is in an old church which is really romantic

Everywhere in Venice is expensive so this is quite good value for money really. A little walk away from the busy centre, this hostel was just the bed we needed! A very polite welcome from staff and helpful advice. We felt safe here but it was very silent and not much of a social experience. Generally quite clean and good kitchen facilities.

Great room, facilities and cleanliness spot on. Friendly staff, good location close to water transport stop. Didn't really have a hostel feel to it, but it was just quiet due to not many others there at the same time. Would definitely recommend to others.

Didn't really feel like a hostel - hardly met anyone else around, even staff! But great value and 5 mintues walk from one of the main streets. Good kitchen and bathroom facilities. Would stay here again.

A cheap place in a quiet street. Not directly in the center (close to the boat stop called "Orto") but Venice is small enough so that we could go back by foot every day. The ladies taking care of the place were really nice. Maybe two minor defaults that might bother some people: the doors were really noisy and we had a lot of stairs to take to reach the room. But I would definitly recommand this place!

The hostel is within the dormitory area of a church which is very unique. The location is great if you dont want to hear yelling or loud people throughout the night, and the walk to San Marco Square is no more than 20 minutes thanks to Venices small size. Great local prices and restraunts around the hostel since many customers are locals. We had a great stay!