Backpackers Inn on the Beach Reviews

29 Shirley Street, Byron Bay, Australia

Absolutely love this hostel. Firstly location is perfect, directly on the beach and literally a two minute walk to town. The rooms were well spaced, though it was a little cold at night. Facilities were brilliant, free wifi (though whether that would apply in the peak season I don't know) really good kitchen and free bikes. Staff were brilliant, nothin too small, friendly and accommodating. Just great

Very cold at night... Would be better if you provided duvet instead of a blanket

• 4th Aug 2014

Awesome staff, really chill vibe. I went during Splendour in the Grass weekend so we were expecting a lot less (service wise and a lot less clean) but it was awesome. No complaints, would go back for sure!

• 25th Jul 2014

I stayed there for one week and I really liked it. The staff keeps an eye on the guests and like to entertain with live Music and Open air Cinema in the evening.this was really cool. I recommend this hostel!

Average hostel: nothing to complain, but nothing to be enthusiastic for. Nice garden with pool and, toilets and showers could be cleaner.

The location and atmosphere was brilliant. Always something to do like bbq, live music and free entry and taxi to clubs. Bad thing; very noisy at night and not many showers/toilets.... And my beer was stolen out of my labeled bag. Only the milk was left. And because they stole my bag too, the milk was gone the day after.... So if you leave your stuff in lockers in your room it would be worth staying here...

Excellent! As long as you don't mind some untidiness here and there, simply excellent!

• 26th May 2014

Stayed a week here, wish it could have been longer! Loved it, such a great atmosphere! Everyone just spoke to everyone so it was great for meeting people. Was never alone in the whole week. Great vibes, loved it! Would definitely recommend and return!

I had a most epic time here - cool staff, nice facilities, okay location and a good social vibe!!

A great place with a great atmosphere

Really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return in the future! Very accommodating and awesome location

• 22nd Apr 2014

The hostel was really cool and laid back. All of the staff was very nice and the rooms weren't much, but still cozy. About a 5-10 min walk from town and right on the beach. The guys at the travel desk were also really cool and helpful. Would definitely recommend!

• 14th Apr 2014

Nice place with good atmosphere. Great location. I rated security poor as my food which had name and room number on it was taken. But on the whole it was a good place to stay and I met some chilled/ cool people. Salamat!

Definitely a great spot right at the beach. Surf lessons can be booked directly at the hostel as well. The outside area has a great atmosphere with hammocks, bbq etc. Only thing: don't expect too much from the staff, since they are drinking, smoking (and selling) weed. Not for everybody. But I'd totally go back again, even though that's not my thing.

Although our faulty room key/lock was very difficult to operate and this was irreparable during our stay, the buzzing atmosphere and lovely staff at this hostel were so great we didn't really mind! The hostel was loud in the evenings with a social courtyard scene at its centre, but quietened down in the late hours. The room was spotless, BUT it's worth mentioning that the "Basic Double Bed Private" was actually a two-bunk dorm that we had to ourselves - which was unclear on hostelworld.com.

The rooms were very small and very hot. Nice atmosphere in the hostel. Bathrooms were not quite up to scratch. All just a bit average.

Had a really great stay at Backpackers Inn. It's so super close to the beach, just perfect and it's just a short walk to the city.Atmosphere is relaxed and good, it's pretty clean, lockers in the room and also quite cheap compared to other hostels in Byron. So it's kind of the perfect place to be. Would def.go back!!