Backpackers Inn on the Beach Reviews

29 Shirley Street, Byron Bay, Australia

Great stay there.

Generally quite a good hostel but one member of staff was really unnecessarily rude to me the day I left which my stay on a bad note. Renting cutlery and plates is a bit of a pain but other than that most facilities are decent enough.

Please get wifi!

• 15th May 2015

Had a wicked stay in byron right on the beach great hostel lots of fun

One of the best backpackers I've ever stayed at. Great place to stay, friendly staff, bikes and boards for free. Pool and super close to the beach, cozy garden. The only thing is, the wlan is not for free. Would definitely stay there again! Loved it!

Not great value for money and everything needs a deposit (parking, cultlery and plates etc). Good location and staff but weren't impressed with the facilities (e.g. Kitchen very messy and all communal areas packed even though we are off season).

• 19th Apr 2015

We stayed here while going to the Blues Fest over the Easter long weekend and found facilities good and staff and fellow guests nice and easy going. The place was quiet by the time we got back at night as they close the common areas around 10. The room next to the main reception can get a bit noisy early in the morning though with people checking out. There's direct beach access, a bus stop across the road (which the festival shuttle buses also use) and 10min walk to town.

The parking permit was pointless as we had one and couldn't get a park, but everyone else who didn't have a permit got parks

• 2nd Apr 2015

Loved this hostel, so close to the beach and town. Staff were friendly and helpful. Really good hostel if you travel solo as it's very easy to meet peeps and have a laugh. I'll be staying here again next time I hit Byron Bay!!!!

I love this backpackers - nice and close to town and has a great atmosphere.

Great Hostel. Really helpful and pleasant staff. Plenty to do in and around the hostel and it's right on the beach. Love Simon on reception! What a babe!

Had to pay for the wifi, but it wasn't very good BBQ too expensive, you just got one plate No air condition Shuttle service at day

Super close to the beach!

Had such a great time here !!!! If I'm ever back in Byron I'll definitely be staying here again !! Great people , amazing location , clean rooms, huge kitchen and awesome nightly activities !!!