Backpackers International Reviews

P O Box 878, Avarua, Rarotonga, Cook Islands

Hostel was ok... Very much disliked the woman running it. She was unsympathetic and unhelpful to her guests and at times even rude.

• 11th Jan 2016

this is a place i totaly LOVE and tell all to try it its not 5 star and thats just fine by me social life in this hostal Rocks , You can keep the ritz you meet real cool people and the staff are the best . Cant wait to go again love you tesa anna and bill and all our frinds watch get bigger with every visit RARO ROCKS

• 4th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

The hostel needs a lot of improvements. The common room / hang out area was pretty boring. They need some music playing to lighten the mood. Bedrooms are a small brick room. our bed sheets were sandy when we arrived

• 27th Dec 2015

The staff were so friendly and always happy to help with any questions or conncerns. Really loved staying here and couldn't recommend it enough. Met the best people and only 100m from the beach. Perfect

• 23rd Dec 2015

Basic and what you pay for. But all in all very good. Just a two minute walk to one of the best sunset spots on the island and close to good beaches. Had a great time here! Tisa is bad ass and awesome!! Thanks!!

Great experience. Very clean hostel. Great value for the money. JusJust enjoy and relax. Perfect spot for the sunset.

Great budget accommodation in the expensive Rarotonga. Great staff. Very nice atmosphere. Easy to meet people if you are travelling solo

The hostel is quite alright. Biggest downsizes are the cleanliness (bathrooms are really dirty) and the staff. The lady who works there was really cool, picking me up at the airport and taking me to do some groceries cause everywhere would be closed next day, until I told her I needed to shorten my stay. She was really rude and didn't understand that people change their mind!

Had the best time of my life here. Amazing staff. Amazing people. Just a sweet place to unwind and unplug. Cheap rates. Cool culture. Would go back in a heart beat. I'm sure I'll return in the future.

Unfortunately I booked the place and was unable to stay. However while visiting and assigned a temp room, I can tell youthis is good value for the money.

• 22nd Oct 2015

The staff was really artention told us the best things to do in the island.

The staff and other backpackers were very nice and helpful during our stay. The cleanliness of the showers was poor and rooms were quite dark and stuffy. The kitchen utensils are in need of and update.

• 14th Aug 2015

Staff went out of their way to be helpful, taking you shopping, advising the best deals for rentals, then helping afterhours on a Sunday by getting hold of the rental company you decided to go with so that they could replace your scooter, which they did within 15mins, after you and the police officer failed. We always asked if there was anything at all we could help with and other than the scooter, you said nothing. Bathrooms and kitchens are cleaned daily.