Backpackers International Reviews

P O Box 878, Avarua, Rarotonga, Cook Islands

Had the best time of my life here. Amazing staff. Amazing people. Just a sweet place to unwind and unplug. Cheap rates. Cool culture. Would go back in a heart beat. I'm sure I'll return in the future.

Unfortunately I booked the place and was unable to stay. However while visiting and assigned a temp room, I can tell youthis is good value for the money.

• 22nd Oct 2015

The staff was really artention told us the best things to do in the island.

The staff and other backpackers were very nice and helpful during our stay. The cleanliness of the showers was poor and rooms were quite dark and stuffy. The kitchen utensils are in need of and update.

• 14th Aug 2015

Staff went out of their way to be helpful, taking you shopping, advising the best deals for rentals, then helping afterhours on a Sunday by getting hold of the rental company you decided to go with so that they could replace your scooter, which they did within 15mins, after you and the police officer failed. We always asked if there was anything at all we could help with and other than the scooter, you said nothing. Bathrooms and kitchens are cleaned daily.

The place was average. Kitchen hygiene was terrible and dogs barking and roosters crowing through the night made me change my flights and go home early after 4 days. Personally I thought the island was over rated. Perhaps the outer islands are nicer but then the costs are much higher.

Roosters are wild and are a common complaint what ever your accommodation is, as they are everywhere. However, we have a plan in process to "downsize" rooster population around the property. Our kitchen is cleaned daily either in the morning or at night, when we lock up. Food scrap bins are emptied into our compost off property daily, as we are always promoting recycling where we can. Fridges/Cupboards are checked and either scrapped or put in "Free Food" Dishwashing liquid is refilled daily