Backpackers Kaweskar Hostel Reviews

Blanco Encalada 754, Puerto Natales, Chile

This hostel is an incredibly homey, cozy, clean hostel. The location is great -- very convenient to everywhere in town. The staff is very helpful in planning trips or renting equipment. The breakfast is amazing -- one of the best I've had in South America. Most people staying in Puerto Natales come for a night or two before and after going to the park, so there's a lot of turn over here, but that's just the area. A great place to come back to after a hike. Very fast internet also.

This is an awesome cosy hostel that feels like a home. The dorms are roomy, wifi is excellent and bathrooms are clean and big. The owner is a super friendly guy who puts on a great breakfast including eggs cooked by yours truly. The hostel is warmed throughout and the kitchen feels like being at grandmas. Excellent hostel, I would stay here again if I were to come to PN again.

Good owner, great help for planning all trips.

Great hostel. The employees were very friendly and the hostel was clean. I recommend this hostel.

• 12th Mar 2014

Loved my stay there. Very clean and quite, very good breakfast and very nice an caring owner.

Great hostel, well equipped for everything you need before and after your trip to Torres or similar. Omar (the owner) is a lovely guy and helpful, good kitchen and close to supermarkets and other shops.

Great hostel, very clean and cozy, fantastic breakfast

i ve been in this hostel for 3 nights with a friend....what should i say...just amazing...the confyest bed...the cleanest place...the most satisfying breakfast (Omar, the owner, even cooked for us omelettes and made sure that everything was perfect)...and a very relaxing atmosphere....The owner could even manage to book for us a tour for the day after in torres del paine at the very last moment ( 11 pm....) definetely reccomended :)))))

• 22nd Feb 2014

BEST BREAKFAST IN CHILE: a great breakfast is cooked every morning by Omar with omelete, fruit, cereal, bread and marmelade, yogurt...the best we had in all hostels in Patagonia Good advise for Torres del Paine trek and easy booking for your bus tickets to you next destination. Very helpfull staff! Very clean hostel, always prestine hot showers, lost of facilities so you never have to wait. Nice common areas, 2 computer for internet, fully equipped kitchen.

Desayuno is good, clean but the staff is unkind and had trouble with us. The price is too much.

Nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast!

+ Omar gave us the perfect plan to do the W in Torres del Paine and the perfect equipment (tent, sleepingbag, cooking-stuf etc.) + There a Playstation in the livingroom with FIFA !!! + BEST BREAKFAST Ever!! (eggs, nutella, manjar, cheese, ham, cornflakes, tee, coffee, kaba....) --> perfect before going to torres del paine + perfect clean! Nice and new bathroom! + cheap landry- and dry-service + best equiped kitchen we've ever seen while travelling! + cheaper bus tickets to the park - NOTHING!

Omar was incredibly helpful for recommendations for Torres del Paine, the breakfast is very good too. Just a few blocks walking from both city center and the bus station. The walls in the rooms are a little thin, so it is kind of loud, but otherwise a great hostel.

one of the best hostels I stayed in. for sure it is the cleaest hostel I've seen. great shower, great beds. Omar, the owner, is very friendly and nice. the breakfast is awesome! had a wonderful stay!

Nice place to stay. Great breakfast!

This is the best hostel I have stayed in during my trip in Argentina and Chile. Everything was working well, owner is incredibly nice and helpful, ikitchen is fully equiped and breakfast is amazing (best omelette ever in South America!). Also Internet is quite quick and I have met really interesting travellers there. Only hot water is available 12 hours, but for me is sufficient. I strongly recommend this place.

Owner is fastidious, but for good reason. The hostel is always very clean and well looked after. Fantastic breakfast and good equipment hire available for the Torres trek. Super warm and comfortable rooms. Lots of really good showers and separate toilets. Locker storage whilst in the park is for free, as long as you return for at least one night to the hostel afterwards, otherwise it's about $1 a day. Would highly recommend this hostel!

This place does cooked eggs for breakfast. But if you are really fond of stale bread with jam for breakfast you should probably stay somewhere else. Despite what I'd read before Omar, the owner, was incredibly helpful in booking trips and tickets and made organising my Patagonia trip so much easier. Although I'd rent camping gear for Torres del Paines from places on the high street. They were cheaper and similar quality than that offered at the hostel.

The hostel is owned and run by Omar who is a "different" personality. If he likes you then you are all good but if not look out!! The best thing is he is OCD clean!! This is one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in and has a great breakfast.

WARNING: Do not ask the hostel to book bus tickets - The owner gave me the wrong ticket, I had to pay for a second ticket when I found my seat occupied. Owner admits fault but won´t give me any money back. Do not hire equipment from this hostel - The one man tents that we rented from the owner had severe leaks. The owner is only willing to compensate for the nights it rained. Crazy, god help those for whom it rains all 5 nights of the W Trek. Gets crowded at breakfast and you may need to wait.

« first « Prev 1 2 3