Backpackers Kaweskar Hostel Reviews

Blanco Encalada 754, Puerto Natales, Chile

The showers are the best. But the staircase is extremely steep and almost impossible with a backpack. The owner is often out and difficult to find, and when you do he is rather jaded to deal with the clients.

The Hostel was really nice and the owner, Omar was really careful towards "his" backpackers. The equipment for rent is of high quality, super clean and not so expensive compared with other places in town. We had also a nice breakfast. The atmosphere between backpackers is really nice. After we were robbed at Campamento Los Cuernos, Omar was really helpful with the paperwork. He even took us with his personal car to the Police station and translated for us.

Great hostel, one of the best I've stayed in Argentina. Comfortable, warm rooms, bathrooms and kitchen are always clean, excellent breakfast and communial areas. Omar was incredibly helpful and hospitable during my stay, and with information for visiting Torres del Paine. Highly recommend this hostel.

The owner Omar is really helpful and takes great care of the hostel! We were sad to leave.. Would go back and highly recommend!

Calm, clean, comfortable, everything you want after a 5 days trek ;) Omar is a really nice guy. The breakfast is one of the best I had in Argentina (peanut butter, (fake but good) Nutella, cereals, etc...) Just a great hostel, that is said!

He's not friendly

really great hostel. Omar made me feel at home immediately when I arrived and continued to be very helpful with whatever I wanted to do. the hostel is very clean with many showers and toilets. the best thing is the friendly atmosphere.

Great place to stay before heading to Torres del Paine, they are well equipped to help everyone out. Great, friendly, and comfortable atmosphere!

Woot woot! Omar was A LOT of help. Facilities were great. A GREAT experience. Would totally go back.

Beautiful hostel, very comfortable, a great jumping off point en route to Torres del paine or to return from TDP. The hostel owner was really helpful in helping me make some calls in Chile to plan future reservations. Also, they will do your laundry for a very reasonable charge. Great breakfasts too are included! This was my favorite hostel in Chile!

We loved our stay at Backpackers Kaweskar Hostel. The owner, Omar, was really helpful concerning our trip to Torres del Paine.

This hostel is as close as you can get to home! Clean, comfortable, great living room spaces with computers and tvs, dorms with room, equipment for rent, and a kitchen with all the utensils you can ask for! Omar is great, super helpful, and knows the answers to all your questions about the area and Torres trek!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at, certainly the best (and cheapest!) in Patagonia. Stayed here before and after trekking TDP. Warm, comfortable beds, very very clean facilities and pleasant atmosphere. Nice breakfast. Showed up in town without much knowledge regarding plans for TDP and staff provided all needed information and more.

I will never stay here. I chose this hostel since there is a female domi. But the owner (male) came into the room many times without knocking. And negative comments (not only on hostel world) is just true. The owner was very arrogant when I asked him. If you are young or the person he likes, it might be fine.

I loved this hostel! Great breakfast, really good tips for hiking Las Torres and it's very easy to meet people if you're travelling by yourself. It is a little expensive, but all Puerto Natales hostels are. Omar, the owner, is so so helpful and he is really funny too!

• 11th Dec 2014

I have slept in Kaweskar hostel 2 nights. Its 10 mins walk from the Bus station or 1000 $CP by a cab. The hostel is a very nice, clean and cozy place to stay ;-) i felt like at home when the owner Omar served me the breakfast in their cozy kitchen. The hostel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. Its a perfect place to plan your trip to Torres del Paine. They are renting out all the equipment needed ( tents, sleeping-bags, gas-stoves). I totaly recomend the place. Its worth your try!

We only stayed here one night as it was fully booked- the staff are really friendly and helpful' loads of ideas about how we could plan our Torres del Paine trek. They also rent gear and sell bus tickets to the National Park at reasonable prices.

Place has alot of potential. Nice and warm with a pretty good breakfast. Really question the atmosphere and reliability of the staff. Very tense environment.

Excellent!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Ecuador

Great cozy hostel. Rare to find a hostel that you can happily walk around in your socks! Staff were super helpful with planning our torres del paine trip, hired great equipment from them. Chilled social atmosphere - would definitely stay here again!

View all Puerto Natales Hostels