Backpackers Kaweskar Hostel Reviews

Blanco Encalada 754, Puerto Natales, Chile

We only stayed here one night as it was fully booked- the staff are really friendly and helpful' loads of ideas about how we could plan our Torres del Paine trek. They also rent gear and sell bus tickets to the National Park at reasonable prices.

Place has alot of potential. Nice and warm with a pretty good breakfast. Really question the atmosphere and reliability of the staff. Very tense environment.

Excellent!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Ecuador

Great cozy hostel. Rare to find a hostel that you can happily walk around in your socks! Staff were super helpful with planning our torres del paine trip, hired great equipment from them. Chilled social atmosphere - would definitely stay here again!

Nice hostel with good facilities, perfect base to go or come back from Torres del Paine. Good restaurants in the surroundings. Make sure to buy your bus ticket to Torres del Paine at the hostel, you'll save 5000 pesos.

Loved this hostel! Omar and the rest of the team work hard to make this a comfortable stay, offering great advice for trips to the Torres Del Paine National Park, and offering to securely store luggage while you're away hiking. Fantastic breakfast, comfy beds, cosy homely atmosphere and other little touches to make life easier - everything you would want from a hostel.

We were expecting to receive a lot of information about Torres from the hostel owner because of what we read on other reviews. But when we arrived he was there, but too busy to give information, so we had to figure it all out ourselves. Then he said we could have saved money if we spoke to him! Nice and clean, but plan your treks before you get there

Clean hostel, kitchen included but not really appropriate to cook (20 min. to boil water). Service poor and unreliable. Must share locker ('cause "it's not his problem if people carry a lot in their backpacks"). First everything for rent, two hours later nothing available. Wants to give me skewed and worn trekking poles before he says he suddenly does have a good set of trekkingpoles. I asked three times for a dormreservation for after the trekking, which was alright. No reservation was made...

Great kitchen! Helpful staff. Chilled atmosphere. Good breakfast. Lovely common areas. Perfect place to start and end trekking.

Pretty disappointed really. Hostel itself is fine, clean and has good facilities. The owner was not friendly, and not very helpful. I hired camping kit, during my trek the wind broke the outer of my tent (as it did for a lot of people) when I returned he refused to believe me and said I must of broken it and accused me of trying to make repairs. In the end he charged me 60.000p to replace the old tent. Very disappointing, a lot better hostels in town, I wouldn't stay again.

Fantastic place to get Torres del Paine knowledge. Great breakfast, very warm and amazing beds. Book early as very popular for obvious reasons.

Very nice place, it's worth staying there. Unfortunately I had some weird experience with the people working there. They sell you a transport ticket for 15'000 pesos when it costs only 10'000... Joking??

Nice recently renovated hostel with good atmosphere, good breakfast and great beds! You will get all the information you need to travel around.

Good hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. It might not be the fanciest looking place, but everything was well kept and clean. The kitchen was perfectly equipped for long cooking sessions, Wi-Fi worked always. The hostel is situated a 5-10 minute walk from the city center as well as from the coastline where you can enjoy beautiful sunsets. We also booked the national park tour that the owners recommended us and enjoyed it a lot. Thanks a lot for the great stay!

View all Puerto Natales Hostels