Backpackers Lucerne Reviews

Alpenquai 42, Lucerne, Switzerland

Really nice hostel, very clean, well organised and tidy. Staff were friendly and helpful. The location was fantastic, excellent views, easy to get into Lucerne but quiet enough you could go to bed at any point and get a good bit of shut eye. The only thing that wasn't so fantastic was the lack of atmosphere, everyone kept themselves to themselves and whilst we met new people and socialised it felt like we had to leave the hostel to have fun. That aside, I could not have faulted this hostel.

Clean and quiet place. Staff members were helpful.

Nice hostel, 15 minutes from train station (with backpack!), there's a nice path for pedestrians along the lake/harbour. Has two kitchens which is good. Staff was nice, reception is closed 10-16 but staff is around so no problem.

This is a bit far from the old town and the main train station but it is walkable. The bathrooms/showers and 2 kitchens were really clean and the rooms were quite big and well set up. The hostel is only on the first 2 floors and upstairs is student accommodation. We thought this was a youth hostel but it was full of families and couples in their late 50/60s. Don't stay here if you expect to meet other young people.

15-20min walk from the centre of town along the beautiful lake. Really helpful staff and good rooms with lockers for security. Two well equipped kitchens.

the room had a balcony which was really cool and if we squinted really hard we could almost see the lake. it would be better if there were more than one female toilet per floor.

Really great location- easy walk from the train station and right across from the water. I was in a 4 person dorm and was surprised by how small it was. You'll have very little 'personal space' but I love that each room has a balcony. If you're arriving by train, go get some food at the Coop before you arrive because everywhere to eat around the hostel is really expensive. Also, bring bug spray because you'll have to sleep with the balcony door open because of the heat.

The hostel itself was good and the staffs were really nice, but it was a bit far from the station. There was no air conditioning inside the room, so it was too hot. (not even a fan.) Otherwise, everything was nice.

Excellent location and good facilities. But that period lot of mosquitoes.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

This was a great hostel, and it was in the perfect spot by the lake! The room was very spacious. I enjoyed my time there!

• 26th Jun 2015

I,ve got bed bug all over my body

Everything was good. No complaints. Choose this one in Lucerne if you looking for Value for money.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Belarus

they closed the bar and kitchen at night, the stove can only be used afternoon. Not enough cooking utensils and spaces.

Hostels in Switzerland are not cheap but if you look hard there are still some that live up to its price, and Lucerne Backpackers is definitely one of them! I could see the lake on my balcony. The whole hostel is tidy and well maintained. Especially the toilets and showers. Good kitchen. Good wifi in rooms. Friendly staff. Cosy common area. Hostel is a 15 min walk along the lake from SBB and 10 min walk to the Richard Wagner museum.

A warm and friendly hostel. Hostel staff are approachable and helpful. Spotlessly clean. Well equipped kitchen facilities.

Good clean hostel, close to the water and the buses/trains. Wifi only works on one side of the common room- nowhere else in the hostel

good: relatively cheap, atmosphere is good (met some good people there) bad: quite far from station (15mins walk)

I had to leave early in the morning and was hoping to make a quick breakfast before I left, however they close the kitchen for the night and don't reopen them early enough. It was very frustrating. There were also a lot of families with young kids which created a very different atmosphere.

Location is good, about 15 mins walk from the main station, and you can walk along the river giving you a nice view of Lucerne. Toilets and showers are clean. There's a kitchen in the communal area. Everything is clean and people are polite. One thing though, my friend who also stayed here could not sleep due to some insects flying around her bed as our room was in the ground floor. Though I slept very well and did not feel or see any insects (we stayed in the same room but different bed)

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The guy who checked me in was great. Sorry I forget your name. Great location just by the beach and park.

« first « Prev 1 2 3