Backpackers Lucerne Reviews

Alpenquai 42, Lucerne, Switzerland

This hostel was a good home base for our trip to Lucerne. It is well located with only a 10-15 mine all into town. The hostel was however nothing out of the ordinary. It was clean and in good order. Perhaps it was the time of the year but there lacked a lot of atmosphere. A good, safe, clean place to stay.

I was able to store my luggage prior to check-in which was great. The showers, toilet and dorm were all very clean. Hot water was excellent.

Super clean hostel, balconies in the rooms are awesome, lockers great, plenty of plug points and individual lights. Kitchen was great. It is a 15walk out of town but it's a nice walk along the lake. Only negative is I paid 3chf for a small bottle of water which you pay .60chf for at the shops....

Great hostel. Let us check in early which was great. Only annoying thing was the kitchen being closed from 2300 til 0730 which was not useful when we had to leave at 0630...

I didn't know backpackers could be this good! It was amazing! Because I went in the off season,I had a room all to my self! It is honestly a 5 star backpackers! Staff were amazing too!

Found it quite expensive for the lack-of amenities, but that's Switzerland for you. Lucerne itself is a great hub with hiking a short bus ride away. I was there in off season so the atmosphere wasn't great.

Showers were the only thing I wasn't a big fan of. Temperature fluctuations and lack of pressure in one of the showers were a little annoying. Great otherwise though.

Located near the water, but not close to everything else except for transport. Staff was good in spite of the hotel like hostel that it is.

Clean and nice facilities. Staff are a bit hit and miss - they are always changing and some are very friendly whilst others areare a bit rude. To improve the hostel, providing guests with information (eg walking tours) and creating a bit of a social atmosphere would be recommended

Good hostel which is a nice relaxing walk into town along the river

Location is far away form station, like the others says, but everything is good. Outside the building you can see beautiful views! Golden leaves all around.

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was nice and spacious and had a balcony with views of the lake. It is right in front of a park, which is great for a leisurely walk or run around the lake, and makes the 15 minute walk into town one of the best parts of the day. The staff here is excellent! We were greeted with a smile every day. Great amenities, and informed staff. They gave us hiking recommendations when we first arrived and helped us score discounts!

• 30th Oct 2015

The value for money is ok Could be a little cheaper for what they offer you

We had a great stay here. Although it was much more expensive than everywhere else, it was the cheapest we could find for Lucerne, or Switzerland overall, and it didn't disappoint. The kitchen was lovely, and the hostel itself was wonderful. One day we found our hostel door open during cleaning time, which was upsetting, but nothing was missing. The staff was also really great and helpful.

Walking distance to everything. Decent atmosphere in kitchen and common areas. Very nice and helpful staff

The staff were awesome and really helpful .The rooms were clean and comfortable ,not to mention had a great view. Will definitely come back to this place.Thank you guys for making my stay in Switzerland awesome.

Nice place to stay the vibe was a little off when we were there but that has more to do with the guests and not the hostel itself. Good common areas and cooking lounges. Beds were a bit wobbly and creaky but overall a decent stay. Switzerland is just damn expensive.

Great place

• 4th Oct 2015

Extremely clean and easy to find. Right along the water about a 15 minute walk from the train station.

great place to relax and stay....but a bit of a walk to the city and station, especially if you have luggage.