Backpackers Lucerne Reviews

Alpenquai 42, Lucerne, Switzerland

I,ve got bed bug all over my body

Everything was good. No complaints. Choose this one in Lucerne if you looking for Value for money.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Belarus

they closed the bar and kitchen at night, the stove can only be used afternoon. Not enough cooking utensils and spaces.

Hostels in Switzerland are not cheap but if you look hard there are still some that live up to its price, and Lucerne Backpackers is definitely one of them! I could see the lake on my balcony. The whole hostel is tidy and well maintained. Especially the toilets and showers. Good kitchen. Good wifi in rooms. Friendly staff. Cosy common area. Hostel is a 15 min walk along the lake from SBB and 10 min walk to the Richard Wagner museum.

A warm and friendly hostel. Hostel staff are approachable and helpful. Spotlessly clean. Well equipped kitchen facilities.

good: relatively cheap, atmosphere is good (met some good people there) bad: quite far from station (15mins walk)

I had to leave early in the morning and was hoping to make a quick breakfast before I left, however they close the kitchen for the night and don't reopen them early enough. It was very frustrating. There were also a lot of families with young kids which created a very different atmosphere.

Location is good, about 15 mins walk from the main station, and you can walk along the river giving you a nice view of Lucerne. Toilets and showers are clean. There's a kitchen in the communal area. Everything is clean and people are polite. One thing though, my friend who also stayed here could not sleep due to some insects flying around her bed as our room was in the ground floor. Though I slept very well and did not feel or see any insects (we stayed in the same room but different bed)

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The guy who checked me in was great. Sorry I forget your name. Great location just by the beach and park.

One of the best hostels I have stayed at, super friendly staff, great rooms, great bathrooms, social environment, great location by the lake even if it is far from town. Worth going to Lucerne just to stay here.

This was a charming, friendly hostel with lovely staff. The mismatched chairs, well-stocked kitchen and loads of games/puzzles and comfy couches added to an overall experience of Happy Days. Thank you for a wonderful stay. We will be back!

• 26th May 2015

The 4pm check-in is very strict and can cause a bit of a log-jam as the people wait. I don't see why they couldn't move it slightly earlier. The hostel lacks character, has no events, and is quite boring. I would stay again if necessary, just feels more like a hotel than a hostel.

Thank you! It was great! (First time for my travelling friend)!

• 19th May 2015

The staff member at the front desk was very helpful, actually the most helpful hostel host I've ever had. As soon as I checked in, he gave me a map of Luzern with a list of sites to see, explained the rules of the hostel, and even recommended places to eat and grab a beer. He was very friendly and was a great representative of the hostel as a whole. The facilities were clean, safe, and very close to the Luzern train station right across the river from old town. I definitely recommend this place.

Nice environment. Quite clean. Have 2 kitchens which is very convenient when it's crowded.

very good hostel ever

about 10 minute walk to the train station. hostel is apartment style, makes it a bit harder to meet people. Very clean and had a good kitchen/eating area.

Walk is lovely from central area, I personally don't think it's that far. Great hostel

Everything is wonderful. One disadvantage: maybe the location is a bit more far from the train station.

• 2nd May 2015
  • China

Amazingly Helpful staff. Useful kitchen and laundry service.

• 28th Apr 2015