Backpackers Lucerne Reviews

Alpenquai 42, Lucerne, Switzerland

Nice hostel with a good kitchen which was a good way to save money in an expensive city. The rooms were spacious with big lockers and comfy beds. The staff were lovely, particularly Andrea who went above and beyond to help us several times. Contrary to other reviews we had no problem with Mosquitos. Only complaint would be the lack of a hostel-like atmosphere. Would stay here again!

Pricey by hostel standards, but not by Lucerne standards. The surrounding area has all the charm of a business park. Not a central location from the old town, but it's not much of a walk. Lots of Asian student customers who keep to themselves. The hostel sells food stuffs at slightly higher prices. (Think 3 CHF for .33 L soda) The staff was quite friendly. Trees obscured my view of the lake.

I love this place...although a bit far from the station, I can highly recommend!!

Beautiful view, very clean, lovely staff, great atmosphere to hang out, really nice hostel! A long walk from town, but it is a beautiful one by the lake.

위치는 캐리어끌고 걸어가기에 한..20분정도걸렸고 걸어가기는 10~15분이면충분합니다 시설도 정말 깨끗했고 동네도 조용하고 안전해서 진짜진짜 좋았어요!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

A bit of a walk from the main station but not too far. Staffs are really kind. Shower rooms were clean overall (but not perfectly). A pleasant stay overall!

Great hostel!

• 19th Nov 2014

The hostel is amazing, I little bit expensive, but a good value for money! They could have a promotion for stay more than 3 days. I just didn't like the rule about the shower, but Is totally understandable.

The lake view from my room was amazing and the staff were lovely and helpful.

Good quite hostel 5 minutes from train station, boats and old town! Staff really nice. The place is very quite, not a party hostel and not great for mixing!

Ten minutes from the train station, located in front of a nice and quiet park which limits with the lake, this hostel is a great place to stay in Lucerne for a nice price and surrounded by extremely welcoming people. I stayed with my girlfriend in a twin private room. Everything was very clean and well disposed. We used the kitchen for having dinner in our time there. The best: the quality/price relation, the room and facilities The worst: being 15 minutes from the center of Lucerne

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Spain

Excellent stay in lucerne.

Overall great stay, a few inconveniences however. They lock the kitchen at night and in the afternoon and the vending machine was not working.

• 17th Oct 2014

friendly staff and nice facilities. plenty of kitchen space which is a very good thing to have in Switzerland. bit of a walk from the train station but not too bad

The location is a little bit far from train station which is tiring everytime we walk from the city center to hostel. However, I love the lake view, and the wifi connection is good.

Good hostel, great kitchen but on the small side, rooms good size didn't feel too cramped in there at all. Would return for sure if ever in Lucerne again

It's not worth because no breakfast, no transportation ticket and wired check in time.

Staff at reception was really nice and you can get service in various language, so it's really convenient. I used twin room in comparably cheap price.

Near the lake, walk outside you can have a wonderful view. A little bit far away from the station and the city center. The staff is nice and helpful but the night that I checked in I didn't see many people so it was too quiet.

Around 15-20 mins walk from train station, staff are very helpful, wifi is good in common area, kitchen is nice, check in time is a bit late (4pm), but there was a staff in the reception to help me to settle my luggue so that I could go out without heavy baggage.

• 5th Oct 2014