Backpackers Lucerne Reviews

Alpenquai 42, Lucerne, Switzerland

Very good and I will come again! Thank you Markus and staff! Diana

• 31st Mar 2014

I love the location of the place! The walk from the train station to the hostel also offers a nice scenery of the lake and the park.

This hostel is located along beautiful lake. Staffs are kind and they have good kitchen facility. Just keep in mind that check in time is after 4pm then you can have beautiful time there.

Everything is fine. Only the distance is a little bit far from the center and the bus stop is also not that near. The check-in time is till 4pm which is strange because others are normally 2pm.

Great backpackers, I would definitely stay again. Clean, comfortable and friendly. And the location! Lake views from the rooms

• 7th Mar 2014

Hostel is further away from train station although surrounded by a beautiful lake. One of the staff (older woman) is extremely rude. Did not greet us upon our arrival, and when we asked her a question she rudely responded with "I only have two hands". NOT the typical greeting you expect after a long commute. Other staff members were fine.

Very sorry for that, I remember that busy friday. There was more work than time to do it... hope you enjoyed at least your visit in town.

Quite and Clean! There is a great kitchen and tables. Also, it provides free post cards.

This hostel was very disappointing for the price. The staff was brusque and closed the office at 10 a.m. (even though two people were in the office, they refused to help people). There were two kitchens but cooking is forbidden before noon. Rooms are truly basic (a bed, a table, and a locker) and there is only one female and one male bathroom for a block of about 10 rooms. It is a LONG walk from the train Overall I was really disappointed. I feel the cost was too high for what was provided.

very nice hostel staff are helpful so many korean students in switzerland to my surprise backpackers will always be my choice in this country

I stayed in Backpackers Lucerne just for one night and it was just fine - got a bed and had a warm shower so two things I'm always expecting from cheap hostels were fine :) Not much impressed by office working hours (for me it worked but I can imagine others might not be as lucky) but on the other hand, they inform about it on their webite so if it doesn't suit someone, there are always other hostels all around the town. But paying additionaly to use the slowest computer in the world? :/

Its a bit of a walk from the train station, about 15-20 minutes. Has a kitchen for your own cooking which is good. Internet is terrible it just drops out all of a sudden.

Younger girl on reception was really helpful and friendly. Wifi temperamental

Friendly staff, clean and cosy hostel,

Didn't like the check-in hours. We arrived at 1.30pm and had to wait until 4pm until the check-in window opened. Mind you, there was still staff walking around the hostel during this time but we still had to wait until 4pm. Also, there needs to be more than one toaster because in the morning, you have to "line up" to toast your bread. We were also disappointed that there was no cooking in the morning allowed - :( Other than that, the room was large and hostel had a pretty good atmosphere.

This was a great hostel just a 10 min walk outside of town and right on the lake shore. Clean and good facilities in all aspects and the staff is very friendly!

Kitchen amenities should be added to, for example, a suitable supply of boiling water as in an urn, not just one small electric jug. Also, more cutlery. Area for breakfast is too small, for heavens sake let guests use the second kitchen at breakfast time. Curfews on the time when the kitchen may be used are not appreciated.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great hostel to stay at and the city was beautiful. the staff were super helpful and gave us ideas on what to see and were to eat. the hostel was nice and clean and had great facilities with enough for everyone to use with minimal waits. was slightly expensive considering we were there between the summer and winter seasons but seems like a great place if it was packed with plenty of places to hang out.

Nice hostel, cheap budget and nice location to the main station. Clean and quiet, but one of the staff is rude and doesn't want to help anything.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • China

The staff is not very kindly, they even ask us deposit as passport!

Hello Yanning He, correct: we ask for keydeposit either for a passport OR driverslicence OR any ID OR CHF 20 OR 20 Euros . . . this is clearly explaned by our staff and also described in our house-rools written even in chinese . . . Markus