Backpackers Lucerne Reviews

Alpenquai 42, Lucerne, Switzerland

Nice place to stay! Lucern is lovely and this hostel has a decent location. Right near the waterfront and a beach and park! Staff were good but had some weird office hours and seemed to close randomly. Great place to relax and chill on your trip!

It was just okay

주변 경치가 너무 좋습니다. 재방문 의사 있구요. 역에서 거리가 좀 되지만 경치보면서 걷기 좋아요

Literally everything was perfect except one very mean and rude receptionist. There are 3 - middle aged man (very sweet), middle aged woman (very kind) and an old woman (rude and distasteful). Locations great, facilities are the best I've encountered in hostels thus far, homey atmosphere.

Great staff, honestly so helpful and nice in giving advice, explaining different hikes and excursions. The one lady at checkout changed my francs for me which I'm pretty sure isn't allowed, but it was great. Good facilities; only downside was the one toilet for the floor, but that's only a minor complaint. Definitely would stay here again. Recommend this place for sure

The location is close to the pier, but it takes me some time to find, receipt ion is very nice and good wifi connection!

A nice hostel I met, noting I can criticize. highly recommended.

So, if you are in Switzerland, you already know that everything is expensive. That being said, this is about as good of a deal as you can get on a hostel, and you're really not making to many sacrifices either. The location is 20 min away from most things, but there really aren't any other options to get you closer. I'd definitely say for Luzern, it's the best bang for the buck. I rated lower because I am comparing to other hostels across Europe in similar sized cities.

Clean, calm, well located, friendly staff and good equipment (kitchen ...)

I had a pleasant stay

the location is abt 15 mins from train station n the surrounding area is quite quiet n safe. the staff are friendly, i stayed in a private 3 bed room with my friends,it was clean and lovely with a little balcony,there are lockers in the room, it is sweet that there is a thing for you to hang your wet clothes or towels!!the bathroom n toilets are very clean,the kitchen has a microwave n the equipment that you can cook.

Excellent service....location and everything...:)

A little bit far from city centre but great view outside and peaceful.

Very good and I will come again! Thank you Markus and staff! Diana

• 31st Mar 2014

I love the location of the place! The walk from the train station to the hostel also offers a nice scenery of the lake and the park.

This hostel is located along beautiful lake. Staffs are kind and they have good kitchen facility. Just keep in mind that check in time is after 4pm then you can have beautiful time there.

Everything is fine. Only the distance is a little bit far from the center and the bus stop is also not that near. The check-in time is till 4pm which is strange because others are normally 2pm.

Great backpackers, I would definitely stay again. Clean, comfortable and friendly. And the location! Lake views from the rooms

Hostel is further away from train station although surrounded by a beautiful lake. One of the staff (older woman) is extremely rude. Did not greet us upon our arrival, and when we asked her a question she rudely responded with "I only have two hands". NOT the typical greeting you expect after a long commute. Other staff members were fine.

Very sorry for that, I remember that busy friday. There was more work than time to do it... hope you enjoyed at least your visit in town.

Quite and Clean! There is a great kitchen and tables. Also, it provides free post cards.