Backpackers Lucerne Reviews

Alpenquai 42, Lucerne, Switzerland

The 4pm check-in is very strict and can cause a bit of a log-jam as the people wait. I don't see why they couldn't move it slightly earlier. The hostel lacks character, has no events, and is quite boring. I would stay again if necessary, just feels more like a hotel than a hostel.

Thank you! It was great! (First time for my travelling friend)!

• 19th May 2015

The staff member at the front desk was very helpful, actually the most helpful hostel host I've ever had. As soon as I checked in, he gave me a map of Luzern with a list of sites to see, explained the rules of the hostel, and even recommended places to eat and grab a beer. He was very friendly and was a great representative of the hostel as a whole. The facilities were clean, safe, and very close to the Luzern train station right across the river from old town. I definitely recommend this place.

Nice environment. Quite clean. Have 2 kitchens which is very convenient when it's crowded.

very good hostel ever

about 10 minute walk to the train station. hostel is apartment style, makes it a bit harder to meet people. Very clean and had a good kitchen/eating area.

Walk is lovely from central area, I personally don't think it's that far. Great hostel

Everything is wonderful. One disadvantage: maybe the location is a bit more far from the train station.

• 2nd May 2015
  • China

Amazingly Helpful staff. Useful kitchen and laundry service.

• 28th Apr 2015

Staff are very friendly and helpfull..location is a bit far but the the view along the way is really cool. So, it's ok. Overall thank you very much for the wonderful stay

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

This was an awesome hotel for backpackers and students who want a nice solid place to stay. They had amazing wifi and the facilities were clean. Highly recommended to anyone who travels to Lucerne.

• 25th Apr 2015

Very nice place and friends staff

• 24th Apr 2015
  • India

Excellent service, accommodation, and suggestions. I would include a guide on how to ake the bed. I knew how but I had roommates that did not. Thanks!

A bit of a walk from the station and sights but a beautiful outlook to the lake. Decent sized rooms. Nice downstairs area for hanging out or playing games.

This is a fantastic hostel. It is about a 15 minute walk from the train station, but super easy to find and right on the lake. We were supposed to stay in a shared dorm room, but we got upgraded to a double room and the staff were all very nice, giving us free chocolate.

Friendly staff; clean facilities; wash and dry available at a very reasonable cost. Only downside is they are about 15 minutes walk from the train station and the old town.

beautiful hostel with very helpful staff

There is no locker if you want to leave laugage after check out. Just leave it in the kitchen floor. In the room there is only own stand, no light. If you drop sthing you cant find it. Actually everything was not bad but one staff was awful. How she shout to me even bcuz I drop the lipstick. She didnt listen carefully just shout to me. There were others people to wait for check out and they looking at us. It was so upset.

Great location. Clean and secure- you can't ask for more. The staff are extremely helpful and overall lend to a great experience.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • India

Thank you! :)

Good location right across from the lake, staff extremely friendly and helpful. Bathrooms clean, having two kitchens also very helpful. Best wifi I've ever had at a hostel! Downside was that the beds were so uncomfortable, worst I've been in. Oh and they gave us a free Toblerone after our stay. Thanks!

Dear costumer Thank you for your very nice comment! And: oh no! We will check that bed. Kind regards The manager