Backpackers Lucerne Reviews

Alpenquai 42, Lucerne, Switzerland

Hostels in Switzerland are not cheap but if you look hard there are still some that live up to its price, and Lucerne Backpackers is definitely one of them! I could see the lake on my balcony. The whole hostel is tidy and well maintained. Especially the toilets and showers. Good kitchen. Good wifi in rooms. Friendly staff. Cosy common area. Hostel is a 15 min walk along the lake from SBB and 10 min walk to the Richard Wagner museum.

A warm and friendly hostel. Hostel staff are approachable and helpful. Spotlessly clean. Well equipped kitchen facilities.

Good clean hostel, close to the water and the buses/trains. Wifi only works on one side of the common room- nowhere else in the hostel

good: relatively cheap, atmosphere is good (met some good people there) bad: quite far from station (15mins walk)

I had to leave early in the morning and was hoping to make a quick breakfast before I left, however they close the kitchen for the night and don't reopen them early enough. It was very frustrating. There were also a lot of families with young kids which created a very different atmosphere.

Location is good, about 15 mins walk from the main station, and you can walk along the river giving you a nice view of Lucerne. Toilets and showers are clean. There's a kitchen in the communal area. Everything is clean and people are polite. One thing though, my friend who also stayed here could not sleep due to some insects flying around her bed as our room was in the ground floor. Though I slept very well and did not feel or see any insects (we stayed in the same room but different bed)

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The guy who checked me in was great. Sorry I forget your name. Great location just by the beach and park.

1 2 3 Next » last »