Backpackers Madrid Reviews

San Leonardo 12, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

No luggage store :(, just a good place to sleep.

I expected more, because the ratings were good. The only good thing was the location. the staff only spoke spanish and were unfriendly and not willing to help us. in the evening the music from the student residence rooms in the building was loud and annoing. the bathrooms were unclean. when we were in madrid, it was raining for two days, so our room was really cold and the bathroom as well.the heating was turned off until we asked, but didn't got really warm.i can just recommend not to go there!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Austria

I believe it was because of the season but the hostel was pretty empty so I did not meet anyone new. I was very nice rooms and very clean facilities I just wish I would have had more interactions with other people.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Colombia

Tiny tiny room, like uncomfortable for both of us to be standing at the same time. Also could smell the neighbors cooking constantly and it wasn't great. But hey it's a great price and the bed is comfy. For a night or two of wanting just a place to sleep, definitely worth it. Not for party life or meeting people.

You definitely get what you pay for. Only one of the workers at the front desk fee English. When we returned to check out they informed us that we were late

• 14th Mar 2014

No fun atmosphere to speak of, and my mattress had a weird, uncomfortable ridge line down the middle. For one night, not a bad option, however. But if you're looking for a place to stay for a several-day-long excursion to Madrid, I implore you to select a bright, cheery hostel, and not this tall, rather dreary complex off of Plaza de Espana.

• 8th Mar 2014

For the price it was a good hostel and in a good situation in the city.

• 4th Feb 2014

Wasn't my cup of tea but for the price it was fine!

The hostel has no charm what so ever, and the rooms are very small. The beds are very uncomfortable. But it's a good location with many restaurants and cafés nearby which is a plus. Good if you need something cheap for a short while but I would not recommend a longer stay.

not very pretty but super clean and great location

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Portugal

I had a really good stay in this hostel. The personel was really friendly, it was really good located near Plaza de Espana. Although it is not really a hostel, but a student residence. The restaurant for the breakfast is in the other street, but it is nice that for 1 euro you get 2 toasts with mermelade and tomatospread, coffee and juice. You need to be lucky to get a key for a locker because they lost a couple. But for the price I would recommend it.

• 14th Dec 2013

This is a university residence so the facilities will leve to the student but not backpackers. The blanket is too thin and very cold inside the room and I can barely sleep at nigjt. Also, no luggage room.....what can i say....