Backpackers Manuel Antonio Reviews

Across the Soccer field in Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Great place to meet travelers and see Manuel Antonio! They have so much land to chill on in the morning and at night-didn't even go out and we had two really fun nights meeting people. We walked to the beach every day and it took about 15 mins which was such a good way to get to know the area. Only downside is the rooms are nothing special but it didn't bother me. I recommend this place.

Initially LOVED this hostel. The pool area is breathtaking and breakfast in the morning was great. The common area & kitchen is also wonderful. The only drawback was our bathroom was infested with ants and the water in the bathroom (that we paid extra for) didnt work. Also, we woke up after our second night covered in bug bites and on the last night we realized our room was infested with ants as well (in all of our bags, clothes etc). The windows could easily be pushed aside and stuff taken.

This hostel has a gorgeous view of the ocean from a cute pool by a tasty, reasonably priced restaurant. There's also a nice hangout area with a pool table and kitchen. Wifi didn't reach as far as I would have liked and bathrooms were a little rustic although I didn't really mind. The hostel also wasn't really near much which was a little bit of a pain but we still had a good time!

The host was impeccable and provided homemade snacks and coffee at regular intervals. He was also quite knowledgeable and friendly!

• 27th May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were all total sweethearts, the rooms were clean and had lockers, the common space was nice and surrounded by trees with a nice view. Its walking distance to lots of restaurant, grocery stores and the bank so you don't need to take the bus to go to these places which is nice. Also, I would highly recommend the pizza place next door. My only complaint was that the wifi only works next to the check in counter and not in the kitchen/chillin area.

Overall I greatly enjoyed my stay. A few things could have made it better: The music, which was broadcast downstairs, was very repetitive and sometimes I didn't like the music and/or it was too loud. Sometimes I would have enjoyed more silence or quietness too. I liked the music at vista serena more. Next, the safe could have been taken in entirety by a thief if someone got in the room, so it didn't provide much safety. Also, the hostel should get some locks for guests to put on the cabinets.

• 6th May 2014

We sell locks, for safe we don´t rent it..did you ever ask ??

The guy at the reception makes a lot of dirty jokes that's go to far. The breakfast are banana-pancakes whit syrup and a lot of bee's.

• 3rd May 2014

that is not true.. Gil is very nice person.. funny.. and gentleman

This place is solid. I had my car parked out back and I lost my car key in Manuel Antonio Park, so when I came back and had to break into my own car for the spare key, they were very careful about making sure it in fact with my car. Beyond that, the dorms are clean the pancakes are free. There were a lot of friendly Germans staying there as well.

The staff where so amazing, specially this girl called Miriam, she where always really helpful, kind and have a big smile for everybody. The location of the hostel its just perfect, walking distance from everything and everywhere.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • El Salvador

It feels like you live in a jungle tree house....I loved it!

The staff at the hostel were lovely, the hostel was clean and had a nice atmosphere. I would stay here again. I actually booked 2 extra nights here.

• 27th Mar 2014

Very good hostel, friendly stuff and free pancakes for breakfast!

I was traveling solo and reserved a private two person room. It was a double bed in a 10 foot square room. It had AC and a fan, and the only two things I would recommend to them would be hooks on the walls for backpacks, towels, miscellaneous and some kind of light besides the overhead. The hooks would be an inexpensive addition - the lamp a little more investment. Otherwise I was very satisfied with what I got for what I paid.

It was ok as hostel. Good but not great. It smells bad in the corridor. The pool is great. The girl at the front desk told us some informations but the other guy told us an other thing. But stil price/quality is good.

Hello this is Gilberth want to know what information was wrong to make better

This hostel was my favorite of the few in which I stayed while in Costa Rica. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the kitchen was great. I also didn't expect to enjoy the pool so much. After visiting the area, it was nice to jump in the water to cool off. The location is great! I also enjoyed the free pancake breakfast every morning.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Blech. Honestly, this place needs some renovations. You can tell it is heavily used. Fridges don't work, kitchen was sketch, and I'm hoping I don't end up with bed bugs. After our fantastic hostel experience in Fortuna, this place we a let down.

The dormitorios are too small. It's crowded and too noisy.

View all Manuel Antonio Hostels