Backpackers Manuel Antonio Reviews

Across the Soccer field in Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

The staff at the hostel were lovely, the hostel was clean and had a nice atmosphere. I would stay here again. I actually booked 2 extra nights here.

• 27th Mar 2014

Very good hostel, friendly stuff and free pancakes for breakfast!

I was traveling solo and reserved a private two person room. It was a double bed in a 10 foot square room. It had AC and a fan, and the only two things I would recommend to them would be hooks on the walls for backpacks, towels, miscellaneous and some kind of light besides the overhead. The hooks would be an inexpensive addition - the lamp a little more investment. Otherwise I was very satisfied with what I got for what I paid.

• 23rd Feb 2014

It was ok as hostel. Good but not great. It smells bad in the corridor. The pool is great. The girl at the front desk told us some informations but the other guy told us an other thing. But stil price/quality is good.

Hello this is Gilberth want to know what information was wrong to make better

This hostel was my favorite of the few in which I stayed while in Costa Rica. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the kitchen was great. I also didn't expect to enjoy the pool so much. After visiting the area, it was nice to jump in the water to cool off. The location is great! I also enjoyed the free pancake breakfast every morning.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Blech. Honestly, this place needs some renovations. You can tell it is heavily used. Fridges don't work, kitchen was sketch, and I'm hoping I don't end up with bed bugs. After our fantastic hostel experience in Fortuna, this place we a let down.

The dormitorios are too small. It's crowded and too noisy.

Great Hostel, the rooms are clean and nice. Would stay here again

Good hostel located in between Quepos and Manuel Antonio. Easy to get to either with the local buses that run every twenty minutes. Stayed in a 10-people dorm and it felt a little congested in there. Less bed would have been welcome as it was difficult to access the lockers without touching somebody's feet or face. There is a LOT of guests in this hostel, which makes it easier to meet people. Breakfast (coffee and pancakes) is nice. Pool is cool.

This hostel was just "eh". The staff wasn't very friendly and it wasn't terribly clean. We were in a 10 bed dorm behind a 10 bed dorm... very dark, and walking thru someone else's room to get to your own is just annoying. However, we found the location to be very convenient, the buses are regular. The wifi didn't work our first night and day, and the pancakes tastes like soap, but it was a bed and a roof, relatively inexpensive. Nothing to write home about.

I had a very bad experience with this hostel. I had previously booked a room to stay here for one night and then due to a change of plans changed the reservation when we arrived to stay two more nights. The hostel made a mistake with the reservation and kicked us out a day early. I realize that sometimes this kind of stuff happens, but the way they handled the situation was just awful. They had us waiting for 30 minutes to check out knowing that we had to find another place to stay.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Location and staff were great. Need more variety at breakfast. Showers not so great

A true backpackers hostel. Close to the bus that will take you to the beach and the national park in only 10 minutes. The only negative thing is that the place is a bit out of date.

• 20th Dec 2013

Hi, 1, Great location. 2. No AC.... with fans which dont hit all the lower beds....very hot. 3. shut off TV and kitchen area at 10. I guess we are your ten year old children.... you pompous arrogant Nazis. 4. Refrigerators a hundred years old. Aren't you embarrassed by those nasty things? >Jeeez.

• 18th Dec 2013