Backpackers Manuel Antonio Reviews

Across the Soccer field in Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

It would be nice to have an indoor area with sofa's to read when it is raining, for example. There is a very small one next to the reception, but it is not enough compared to the number of people. Maybe add some sofa's in the room where there is the kitchen?

Awesome stay, would recommend!

• 29th Aug 2014

There was a large group of students traveling that mad a tremendous amount of noise. The staff at the hostel were not helpful. It was after hours. The rooms were very dirty and so were the washrooms. I do t recommend staying here!!

• 7th Aug 2014

I stay in a 12 bed dorms which it was perfect for the night as the dorm was empty, big common areas, included breakfast is good pancakes fruit and coffee, wifi it only works near the front desk. Overall does the job but nothing special, if I'm back will try to find something closer to the beach with a bit more character.

Bathrooms in the dorms were really dirty when we got there, but it could have just been that the other girls there messed it up. There was also some sort of leak in the ceiling of our room that would drip on us. And the receptionist got confused over our payments and tried to collect an extra payment for a nonexistent member of our group. Other than that, good facility with a beautiful view (on a clear day) and a pool that's open 24/7!

• 19th Jul 2014

A hostel is for the coming and going...do not pay up until you leave; they will not give you a refund...even for just one night canceled 48 hours in advance. They push cash only, though you'd never know if you book with hostel world. Nice place, good breakfast, great view, and sloths live a tree on the property:)

• 15th Jul 2014

Great location within walking distance of many restaurants and shops, and everything else in the town is easily accessible via bus. Awesome common area and pool, and the breakfast was simple but good.

Great place to meet travelers and see Manuel Antonio! They have so much land to chill on in the morning and at night-didn't even go out and we had two really fun nights meeting people. We walked to the beach every day and it took about 15 mins which was such a good way to get to know the area. Only downside is the rooms are nothing special but it didn't bother me. I recommend this place.

Initially LOVED this hostel. The pool area is breathtaking and breakfast in the morning was great. The common area & kitchen is also wonderful. The only drawback was our bathroom was infested with ants and the water in the bathroom (that we paid extra for) didnt work. Also, we woke up after our second night covered in bug bites and on the last night we realized our room was infested with ants as well (in all of our bags, clothes etc). The windows could easily be pushed aside and stuff taken.

This hostel has a gorgeous view of the ocean from a cute pool by a tasty, reasonably priced restaurant. There's also a nice hangout area with a pool table and kitchen. Wifi didn't reach as far as I would have liked and bathrooms were a little rustic although I didn't really mind. The hostel also wasn't really near much which was a little bit of a pain but we still had a good time!

The host was impeccable and provided homemade snacks and coffee at regular intervals. He was also quite knowledgeable and friendly!

• 27th May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were all total sweethearts, the rooms were clean and had lockers, the common space was nice and surrounded by trees with a nice view. Its walking distance to lots of restaurant, grocery stores and the bank so you don't need to take the bus to go to these places which is nice. Also, I would highly recommend the pizza place next door. My only complaint was that the wifi only works next to the check in counter and not in the kitchen/chillin area.

Overall I greatly enjoyed my stay. A few things could have made it better: The music, which was broadcast downstairs, was very repetitive and sometimes I didn't like the music and/or it was too loud. Sometimes I would have enjoyed more silence or quietness too. I liked the music at vista serena more. Next, the safe could have been taken in entirety by a thief if someone got in the room, so it didn't provide much safety. Also, the hostel should get some locks for guests to put on the cabinets.

• 6th May 2014

We sell locks, for safe we don´t rent it..did you ever ask ??

The guy at the reception makes a lot of dirty jokes that's go to far. The breakfast are banana-pancakes whit syrup and a lot of bee's.

• 3rd May 2014

that is not true.. Gil is very nice person.. funny.. and gentleman

This place is solid. I had my car parked out back and I lost my car key in Manuel Antonio Park, so when I came back and had to break into my own car for the spare key, they were very careful about making sure it in fact with my car. Beyond that, the dorms are clean the pancakes are free. There were a lot of friendly Germans staying there as well.

The staff where so amazing, specially this girl called Miriam, she where always really helpful, kind and have a big smile for everybody. The location of the hostel its just perfect, walking distance from everything and everywhere.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • El Salvador

It feels like you live in a jungle tree house....I loved it!

The staff at the hostel were lovely, the hostel was clean and had a nice atmosphere. I would stay here again. I actually booked 2 extra nights here.

• 27th Mar 2014