Backpackers Manuel Antonio Reviews

Across the Soccer field in Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

The hostel wasreally nice. There was an with the kitchen whereyou could sit and chill out. Down The hill (100m) there was a bar with pool tables and there was a pool as well Our room was a bit small for six but it was fine. Staff Was very friendly and they spoke English as well.

Not my favorite hostel, I did not have locker in my room and the distribution of the hostel is not really confortable. Also there are few bathrooms for all the rooms

One guy at the desk was a challenge. I can't remember his name but he was distracted when it came to dealing with more than one customer at a time. Instead of saying - "one minute, I'll be right back," he would stop talking to us (we were a group of 3) mid-sentence and help someone else. We spoke in Spanish but it didn't matter, he was still rude. The other front desk guy was really nice, and helpful, as were the rest of the staff. Just watch out for that one rude guy.

• 15th Jan 2016

everything is great over there ... i really liked the fact that the bar area/pool is really kinda far from the rooms so you don't hear music at night ... great ambiance there , live music band when we were there only downside is that there was only 1 shower/toilet for the whole corridor and it's obviously not enought but everything else was good i do recommend this hostel in manuel antonio also pretty close to everything you wont have trouble getting around :)

Bathrooms were not too clean and inside the bedrooms was hot. They didn't have enough fans. Besides that the location wasn't the greatest. You have to take a bus to go to the beach. Also the pool looked moldy. Other than that everything was fine. The rooms were clean as well as the kitchen area. The area around the restaurant is really nice. And food is good and not too expensive.

The hostel has a restaurant with a good typical food and good prices. The room that I was didn't have air conditioning and it was uncomfortable.

Probably my least favorite of the seven Costa Rica hostels I stayed at. The view and location are both great. The negatives were that the showers smelled horrible, like ammonia and bleach. Every time I walked by them my eyes would burn, and for the time I was there I only used the pool shower to rinse off. My room was miserably hot. They had fans in there but they didn't help. Consequently everyone in the room kept the door open all night and I woke up covered in bug bites every morning.

Overall, our stay was okay and decent. While the public showers were not the best-finicky hot water, and cleanliness- they suffice for getting you clean. The rooms were good- we stayed in a dorm and a private. Both were clean and good. I felt safe with my belongings but we used our car mostly to store all our stuff. We did this for space reasons and security. The open kitchen area is great for cooking and gathering. We did not use the bar or pool area, but people seemed to enjoy it greatly.

Awesome hostel with very welcoming and helpful staff! Only thing that could be better is the security and the wifi!

• 16th Dec 2015

This hostel is a short bus ride away from the beach! The communal area is great and so is the people. Would stay here again!

I don't remember much about this hostel but I really loved Manuel Antonio! So the hostel must have been fine.

We had a very good time at this place.we will stay ther again!

Dorm was overpriced, wifi was good and pool was a nice touch. There is a grocery store down the street and the beach is a short bus ride away. Also there were fans in the dorm which was nice.

It was actually great. Not so close from the beach but neither too far and you can just take a quick bus and in 3 mins you are at the beach. The rooms are clean and the pool is open all day long in case you like drinking and having some snaks at night. Staff was nice and there is a lot of bards and a grocery store just across the hostal.

View all Manuel Antonio Hostels