Backpackers Miyajima Reviews

1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

We loved the staff, they were super nice and smiling and everything :D

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

We stayed there only one night. The location is perfect if you want to visit the Miyajima temple,however it's quite far from Hiroshima(30 minutes by train). The staff is super nice,they helped us taking our luggage in the room and coming out with us to say goodbye when we left. Room were not what we expected as they have huge 25 dorm room with only one bathroom!!! The shower was great though, spacious and clean. Nice lobby with tatami.

The staff here is absolutely amazing. Seriously. There's only a limited number of things you can do in Miyajima but they made me want to stay just to hang with them. The facilities are good, comfortable beds, cool common area. If you're going to check out Miyajima you have to stay here.

Loved staying at Backpackers Miyajima. Nice staff, recently reopened after a renovation which was nice. It's really close to the ferry to get to the Miyajima island. If i come back to hiroshima i will go back here. No question.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Most lovlies,t friendliest hostel staff i've ever met. They rush out to greet people and walk them out when they leave. After staying just 3 nights I felt like family.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

It's a 5 minute walk from the train, a 7 eleven, and this great bakery. The ferry to Miyajima Island is right around the corner; you can see the island from the hostel. The staff was amazing- so sweet & remembered my name instantly. Common room is alright, easy enough to meet people, but the crowd was a bit weird. The rooms are okay, have to do a bit of fighting for outlets though. I would definitely recommend this place if you're trying to see Miyajima island :)

Super, everything were new and clean. Awesome common area for chilling and meeting ppl. really nice view of the ocean and miyajima across the water. Could have stayed for longer if I am not on a tight schedule. Perfect base for a day trip to the island. (Less than 3 min from the ferry) anyways oversll, another awesome Japanese hostel. O yea, staff were really helpful and friendly. Taught me how to read some hiragana.

The place was laid back with warm staff who helped take our big luggages to our room at 2nd floor. We booked at 8bed female dorm although a bit cramped it was clean and with private curtain. The toilet seater basically the most modern among other hostel I stayed in Japan and it was spotless. But they certainly need to put a bit english info to operate it. lol The location is just next to ferry terminal to Miyajima island. From our terrace I even could see the queuing.

Good place to stay, clean and convenient to go on Myiajima island. Very friendly, helpfull staff. Good atmosphere the whole time we stayed there. Good party, it is definitely a backpacker atmosphere.

• 4th Apr 2015

The staffs was very friendly and nice. The location is the best, very convenience to take ferry. All facilities was good and clean. However, there are only 2 things that not please me. -Shared bathroom was not enough for each floor. -11pm was too early to turn off all lights. It's unconvenient.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Thailand

20 ppl mixed dorm appeared to be 32 ppl dorm, when full,separated with additional curtain (!!!!) from neighbouring group room.Concrete bunker with tiny windows on the one side of the building (we had no access), with maximal amount of beds on available space gave horrible feeling, no sleep and bad air. Quite expensive place for average/poor conditions. No breakfast options. Great location if you go to Miyajima, very friendly staff. I would not stay there again.

First time we have stayed in a backpackers. I think it's probably set the bar too high for the future. Very clean, fantastic location and great staff.

• 2nd Apr 2015

over-all, our stay was satisfying especially since most of the staff is warm and accomodating. However, there seems to be a lingering unpleasant smell in the room.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Philippines

I had an incredibly good time at Miyajima Backpackers. The location is right by the ferry to Miyajima Island, and you have a magnificent view from the rooftop. It's more on the expensive side for a backpacking hostel, but everything is very clean. The staff is really fun and encourages socializing with free drinks and food. The only thing I missed were the typical curtains for mixed dorm beds in Japan, but that is a minor detail. Definitely had a great time and wish I could have stayed longer.

This newly opened hostel has a nice lounge/kitchen/bar area to hang out right on the main floor. It's a little tight in terms of space, but the vibe is really nice. Staff is great. There is no free tea/coffee which other hostels usually have. I would definitely stay here again because it is a great base for visiting both Miyajima and Hiroshima. Two complaints: wifi is not reliable and the lockers make a TON of noise so people constantly opening/closing them makes sleeping challenging.

A perfect spot if you want to go to the Amazing Miyjima Island. So nice :)

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Very friendly staff welcome you. This was my best stay in Japan (16 other hostels). The downstairs bar/enterance area makes it a very sociable place. Just a note - this is not on the island (as i thought when I booked it quickly), but it's right next to ferry.

Unfortunately I was just staying for one night and arrived late and left early because the hostel is worth staying longer! There was a great atmosphere, the staff was super friendly and at the bar there were always some people hanging around and interested in meeting new people. The location couldn't be better because the hostel is close to the metro and next to the ferry terminal! Dorm was clean and beds comfortable. Shower and toilet clean and new! Absolute recommendation to stay there!!

Great value for money!

The staff was super nice. They were very welcoming and helpful. The location is amazing, just one minute away from the ferry to Miyajima. It's important to mention they give you a beer when you get there. There is a Seven Eleven and a really good and cheap udon shop around. In spite of being twenty people in a room, it was clean and not smelly at all. The only downside was having one shower per floor (20 people). I will definetly go back again.