Backpackers Miyajima Reviews

1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

Perfect hostel, great events, super helpful staff, and comfortable lodging!

Great Hostel. Great staff

Stayed here for 1 night. The location is excellent: few minutes walking from the train station and few minutes walking to the ferry. The staff was really nice and the place was very clean.

Planned on staying two nights and stayed 6! Yoshi and team will make you feel very welcome and at home. If I return to japan this will be on my list of places to come back to!

• 14th Jul 2014

It is a nice enough hostel. Has a bit of a frat house feel to it. Which of course some people might like. Lots of drinking games etc.

Hostel is ok and has good social events, Lovely staff and made good friends. The only thing that tainted this experience was going on the hostels BBQ

Great place, very close to the miyajima ferry port. Staff and guests were great. Unfortunately I had to leave Hiroshima because of the typhoon, otherwise I would definitely enjoy staying a bit more.

Definitely a party place, very inviting people and a good place to stay if you're looking for a good time. Not a tonne of privacy but it's a hostel, it's what you expect. Location is great for the island, not so great if you want to do late nights in the city centre but with the parties at the hostel there's no real reason to go out for a late night anyway.

Good location next to ferry. Really nice staff. Clean, only smaller lockers for hand luggage and valuables but enough space in the room. They made dinner each evening and you can try Japanese dishes :)

Good location to visit the island. Big supermarket just one train stop back towards Hiroshima

Location is really good. It's right next to the pier with boats going to Miyajima Island and there's a 7-Eleven nearby as well. The beds don't have curtains for privacy and I didn't find any electrical outlets near my bed. Also, in order to use the shower, you need to put in a coin which enables use for 7 minutes. This wasn't a problem since I shower for less time than that, but found it interesting. There is a washer/dryer that you can use for a fee.

I spend 3 nights and it was absolutely worth it. The guys are friendly and try to bring you in the Japanese atmosphere with smile and positive behavior. I definitely recommend this place

Super nice hostel, great staff, perfect location, highly recommended

The hostel is located right next to the ferry, so you can wake up at be at Miyajima in minutes. The staff hosted a party for the World Cup. It was great to meet some of the other guests, and I have wonderful memories from my stay. I don't remember if there was a no-smoking policy inside the building, but there was one old guy who smoked cigarettes right near my room and it was gross. Also, the bathrooms didn't smell great. The male urinals and female toilets are in the same room.

• 13th Jun 2014

Great backpacker vibe! I arrived to find the owner cooking up a tempura dinner for everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed my one night here :)

Run by an awesome crew and located within spitting distance of the ferry to Miyajima and the train to Hiroshima, this hostel attracts a great crowd of foreigners and Japanese alike. The proprietor is a great guy who hangs out with the guests and does cookouts some nights to cultivate a very friendly, inviting atmosphere. The hostel has a lot of information on local sites to see, and is humorously decorated with lots of Engrish signs.

Great and very social atmosphere

• 10th May 2014
  • Denmark

Great view, staff, and location. Would definitely stay again!

Super friendly staff and a nice backpacking atmosphere. Definitely choose this place. It's right by the ferry to explore Miyajima island and about 30mins train ride from Hiroshima.

I lucked up with a late booking, with little expectation of something actually being available and acceptable during Golden Week. To my great surprise and relief, Backpackers Miyajima was exactly what I expect and want out of a hostel. The staff is friendly and very accommodating, I found the facilities clean and in working condition, and the location was nothing to complain about. While there are other hostels closer to the main sightseeing area, I would definitely stay here again.