Backpackers Miyajima Reviews

1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

Can highly recommend this hostel, very helpfull staff

Yoshi and the rest of the staff are outstanding. Always there to help with what's on in Hiroshima and surrounds and the best way to see/do what's on offer. Perfect location for access to Miyajima and easy access (though it takes a little time) to central Hiroshima via street car or train. Great value dinner at the hostel in the common area which is a good size and gets everyone involved. Guitar and Cajón box drum on offer too. Definitely recommend a stay here!

• 14th Nov 2014

We enjoyed our stay VERY MUCH!!!!!! Everything was just excellent!!!!!! :-)

Superb Hostel with friendly staff and fabulous view to the Island. The 20- Person- dorm was quiter than we expected. A Petty that we missed the Special Dinner offer :-( but the Beer Automat is the best Invention if ever Seen!!!

My friend Sonja and I stayed here for a couple nights,and had the best time. The staff were amazing,the owner,Yoshi was the best dude.And his friends who we met and partied with were the best. The rooms are tight but the beds were really comfortable, the showers (coin showers) were nice, and the living room area with the heated Kotasu was awesomeeee. There was food that Yoshi would cooked up for everyone for really cheap. Locations was good and close to the train station, would stay here again!

Very nice and helpful staff and the location is far beyond just "excellent". Absolutely recommended.

Beautiful and convenient location on the water. Staff were really great and the hostel has a very friendly atmosphere. Lots of information available on what to see and do in the area. Would highly recommend.

I would have to say this is the best hostel/ backpackers i have ever stayed in while traveling. the atmosphere here is top notch and the staff couldn't be any nicer. i had my birthday while staying here and they through me a little party. I have been highly recommending this place to all the travelers i have met recently and will defiantly be coming back to see everyone. hopefully i can get time off to come see yoshie in 2014

Cozy hostel just in front of Miyajima island, like 30 min by JR from Hiroshima. Easy to reach thou. The staff is really nice, really talkative and happy to help you. 20 beds in the dorm, but smaller room separeted by curtains, so enough privacy for everyone. Enough showers in the ground floor, also with the hostel crowdedi never had to wait, and clean also, working with coins, but not a big issue. Wending machines everywhere. I liked the place, i would recommended to everyone! Cheers!

The hostel is in a fantastic area right by the miyajima ferry terminal which is free with JR pass. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and was a big airy shared space with aircon. There was the option to pay for food cooked in the evening. It was 800¥ for food but you could probably get a better meal elsewhere. The potatoes were a bit raw and the chicken was okay nothing special. It was cheap however and there was enough of it. Atmosphere was good too. Enjoyed our stay.

Yoshi and his staff are great; they are beyond hospitable and welcoming. They create a great atmosphere and encourage people to meet each other (without making anything feel forced). The crowd was very diverse, the hostel was really clean and there was lots of information about what to do both on Miyajima Island and in nearby Hiroshima.

• 28th Sep 2014

Great place. I had problems as my bag had got lost on the way to Japan. The staff were so good letting me use the phone and lending me some toiletries. Place is in a great location would come back if I com to Hiroshima again :)

This is not inside Miyajima - but it is only 3 mins walk to the ferry port. Facilities are basic but have a good atmosphere. Walls are thin so it could get pretty noisy when people in the nearby rooms are talking. Very similar to other hostels in Japan, you need to take off your shoes and get in, but their slippers provided seem old.

Awesome hostel! Yoshi and his team welcomed us like old friends then took us out to karaoke, fantastic. Perfect place to stay for visiting Miyajima with easy access to Hiroshima. As a bonus they booked the next place to stay for us and made a recommendation for Osaka. You`ll be hard pushed to find a hostel better than this :-D.

• 7th Sep 2014

Right next to the ferry station and very convenient. Walls can be a bit thin, but most of the guests were quiet on my floor.

Staff were so friendly, I was only sad I couldnt stay longer. Its nice escape from the city, by close enough to trains there easily.

Would be nice if the beds have a curtain for more privacy but all in all a good hostel

Had a great time. Thanks everyone!

This was a great place to stay. Clean, well located in front of the ferry terminal, excellent staff and atmosphere. Make sure you don't miss Yoshi's wild camping parties in Miyajima! Oh man, did we have fun...

Only stayed for one night, but it was a good experience. Staff was nice and helpful - except for one creepy part-timer white guy. Great location right next to the ferry port to go to Miyajima. The facilities were clean and the beds were comfy. Not much else to say. Definitely recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3