Backpackers Miyajima Reviews

1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

Location is really good. It's right next to the pier with boats going to Miyajima Island and there's a 7-Eleven nearby as well. The beds don't have curtains for privacy and I didn't find any electrical outlets near my bed. Also, in order to use the shower, you need to put in a coin which enables use for 7 minutes. This wasn't a problem since I shower for less time than that, but found it interesting. There is a washer/dryer that you can use for a fee.

I spend 3 nights and it was absolutely worth it. The guys are friendly and try to bring you in the Japanese atmosphere with smile and positive behavior. I definitely recommend this place

Super nice hostel, great staff, perfect location, highly recommended

The hostel is located right next to the ferry, so you can wake up at be at Miyajima in minutes. The staff hosted a party for the World Cup. It was great to meet some of the other guests, and I have wonderful memories from my stay. I don't remember if there was a no-smoking policy inside the building, but there was one old guy who smoked cigarettes right near my room and it was gross. Also, the bathrooms didn't smell great. The male urinals and female toilets are in the same room.

• 13th Jun 2014

Great backpacker vibe! I arrived to find the owner cooking up a tempura dinner for everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed my one night here :)

Run by an awesome crew and located within spitting distance of the ferry to Miyajima and the train to Hiroshima, this hostel attracts a great crowd of foreigners and Japanese alike. The proprietor is a great guy who hangs out with the guests and does cookouts some nights to cultivate a very friendly, inviting atmosphere. The hostel has a lot of information on local sites to see, and is humorously decorated with lots of Engrish signs.

Great and very social atmosphere

• 10th May 2014
  • Denmark

Great view, staff, and location. Would definitely stay again!

Super friendly staff and a nice backpacking atmosphere. Definitely choose this place. It's right by the ferry to explore Miyajima island and about 30mins train ride from Hiroshima.

I lucked up with a late booking, with little expectation of something actually being available and acceptable during Golden Week. To my great surprise and relief, Backpackers Miyajima was exactly what I expect and want out of a hostel. The staff is friendly and very accommodating, I found the facilities clean and in working condition, and the location was nothing to complain about. While there are other hostels closer to the main sightseeing area, I would definitely stay here again.

It was awesome!!!

Beautiful location if a bit far from hiroshima town, the proximity to miyajimaguchi made up for it. Great staff and atmosphere too.

• 1st May 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Everything was great!! And also the staff was very helpful and kind.

I had a great time here! Lovely fun loving and welcoming staff!

Great Hostel and amazing staff. One of the more social hostels I had been too in Japan. Alwasys has some fun activity going on.

Nice staff, good service!

Awesome!!!! You better choose this hostel at Miyajimaguchi rather that stay at Miyajima Island (but for those who like quiet place, ahh it doesn't matter). Nice and friendly staff. Really recommend this for those who like social life at night after tired walking and exploring Miyajima Island. And please ask for recommended food around that hostel. We've tried it and mmm..gooood...

Great hostel!

Yoshi made some great dinners! He and the staff put in a lot of effort to make guests comfortable!

It's a building made up only by concrete, which makes it a bit cold but, the beds are costom made for western people so tall people also can get a good night sleep, also the staff speaks the best English I've heard in Japan :-)