Backpackers Miyajima Reviews

1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

Super friendly staff and a nice backpacking atmosphere. Definitely choose this place. It's right by the ferry to explore Miyajima island and about 30mins train ride from Hiroshima.

I lucked up with a late booking, with little expectation of something actually being available and acceptable during Golden Week. To my great surprise and relief, Backpackers Miyajima was exactly what I expect and want out of a hostel. The staff is friendly and very accommodating, I found the facilities clean and in working condition, and the location was nothing to complain about. While there are other hostels closer to the main sightseeing area, I would definitely stay here again.

It was awesome!!!

Beautiful location if a bit far from hiroshima town, the proximity to miyajimaguchi made up for it. Great staff and atmosphere too.

• 1st May 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Everything was great!! And also the staff was very helpful and kind.

I had a great time here! Lovely fun loving and welcoming staff!

Great Hostel and amazing staff. One of the more social hostels I had been too in Japan. Alwasys has some fun activity going on.

Nice staff, good service!

Awesome!!!! You better choose this hostel at Miyajimaguchi rather that stay at Miyajima Island (but for those who like quiet place, ahh it doesn't matter). Nice and friendly staff. Really recommend this for those who like social life at night after tired walking and exploring Miyajima Island. And please ask for recommended food around that hostel. We've tried it and mmm..gooood...

Great hostel!

Yoshi made some great dinners! He and the staff put in a lot of effort to make guests comfortable!

It's a building made up only by concrete, which makes it a bit cold but, the beds are costom made for western people so tall people also can get a good night sleep, also the staff speaks the best English I've heard in Japan :-)

The place itself its bad, i didnt like the atmosphere, toilet mixed with Kitchen, rooms all together (separeted by a curtain), not nice looking. Although the staff is very very nice, specialy the one that made my check in, was a sweetie. The location seemed great to me eventhough wasn't inside of the touristic miyajima.

It would be nice if they add curtain to my bed for a little privacy, or a curtain to separate the men "restroom space", because it's like I brush my teeth there, and I can see the men peeing in the back from the mirror, of course I don't see their "privacy" or want to see them doing their thing, but I can't do anything about it at the same time. I'm a lady just in case you wonder ahaha...

• 30th Mar 2014

Very friendly staff, good meals are cooked by Yoshi . Very good value for money .

• 30th Mar 2014

Great hostel! Perfect location right next to the ferries over to Miyajima Island which is a must visit. Staff were friendly and welcoming.

At first I was concerned about going to a 20 bed dorm, but they actually manage the situation pretty well with their rules (chat in the sound-proofed common room, no chat in the dorm room itself). The people there were very helpful with their information about Miyajima, and they kept my bags while I went camping on Miyajima itself.

Great location close to the ferry terminal. Kinda strange dorms with one big room with minimal privacy. Bathrooms are mixed too. Also no bed lights made it hard to see at night on the bottom bunk - when the light is turned off the whole 20 bunks have no lights. Awesome art in the common room though and friendly staff!

A very good location to reach Miyajama

The hostel is in a really good area near the ferry and therefore it's easy to go to Miyajima. The hostelstaff were always really friendly and helpful, but the atmosphere of the building itself is a little bit strange. No walls, only curtains to seperate rooms and the pillow wasn't that clean. All in all, I would recommend this hostel to others!