Backpackers Newcastle Reviews

262 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Facilities are nice and I really appreciate that the breakfast is included. I chatted a bit with a young lad from Australia who works there and he was friendly. However, I just can't get over how untidy this place is! There were no bins in our room and the rubbish on the night cupboard that was there when I arrived was not moved during 4 days that I was there. The floor in the room was disgusting, as if it hadn't been hoovered for a year... It's really a pity, this could be a nice hostel.

Not bad, but a bit far from city center. Whenever I need help, nobody in reception.

We are five minutes from the Central Station on foot (the main train station in the City Centre). That is one street (all though up an incline) from all the bars and resturants. Bank point, cafes & off license accross the Road. Please use Budjet Taxi as Black Cabs have been reported for driving around in circles before reaching destination to increase fares which gives the impression that we are further away. Use a map and know where you are aheading. Check us out on google maps.

Staff very friendly and helpful

Ideal, would defo stay again

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Having just come back from a 2 night stay in Newcastle Backpackers, I would highly recommend it as a cracking place to stay! We were a group of girls on a weekend break and took over the whole of the 10 bed dorm... the staff were so lovely (even when we frequently woke them up at 5am after being locked out of our room) and were so chilled about letting us stay way past the time check out was supposed to be. There's a great little kitchen, pool table, guitar, games... juust a great place to stay

Amazing place. Very clean. Powerful showers. Friendly staff. Cute dog. Is located a bit in the middle of nowhere- but only 10min walk from the station, 20min from town centre and only a £5 taxi from the night life!

• 20th Mar 2015

Very friendly staff who played guitar with me and cooked me dinner! The hostel has a huge amount of character and a definite homely atmosphere which I loved.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Nice welcome, a bit far off the city centre, nice kitchen, clean. In total it was a good hostel!

Great little hostel in a great location, just a short walk from the city centre. Would definitely recommend and visit again.

Good atmosphere and staff, but the cleanliness is not good, the dorms are small for too many bunk beds, the beds are not really good, in the same line as the average hostels in UK.

Everything about this hostel screams sketchy. I was on the first bus out of Newcastle because of my stay here! The staff's sons were sleeping everywhere and made me really uncomfortable like I was imposing. Also, the place was filthy! I would not stay here again!!!!

• 23rd Jan 2015