Backpackers Newcastle Reviews

262 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

It is a very familiar hostel, very cosy though.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain

great location, staff very kind and helpful, friendly environment: all for a nice price!

A friend and I spent one night at this hostel last week. We were greeted warmly by the new manager and she told us all about the facilities etc. I was pleased to find out the hostel now has lockers in every room, there is also a big open space with sofas and places to sit as you enter the hostel. The beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean. We will definitely be staying again if ever in Newcastle.

• 13th Feb 2014

Michelle is amazing and friendly. She took really good care of me. Breakfast and dinner are included in the price of the hostel, which is amazing! I was one of the only people there so it was a bit quiet, but If you're there on a weekend I'm sure it's fun times!

Very friendly staff.

• 27th Nov 2013

Brilliant! I had a great time!

Unlike most English hostels this is a true backpackers hostel and not some budget hotel-like place. Will definately stay here again when I come back to Newcastle.

Really good dudes. The staff at Backpackers were very willing to help us with our ever-changing plans. Newcastle isn't a big city and we found it easy to get anywhere we needed to go in 15-20 minutes.

The people sharing my dormitory , including one lady, were very pleasant and interesting. However, there was one man who used the toilet cbicle next to me. When I had finished in my cubicle, I washed my hands. I was about to take my shaver from my toilet bag when I noticed that the man in the cubicle had left it and was carrying my toiley bag back to his cubicle where he had left his trousers. He was carrying his underpants in one hand. I asked him what he was doing with my bag and he grunted .

• 2nd Nov 2013

ok dorms, but no locks to any doors. the female bathrooms were terrible and totally un-private. the door separating the female toilets from the main hallway was tied open, which made using the bathrooms very uncomfortable as there was no privacy. i have no idea why they did this. the 'kitchen' was very unclean and there was only a microwave. the common room was just the owners and their family which was strange. this would be a fine hostel for guys but would not recommend for girls.

If you're coming to Newcastle for a P%#s up stay here.. If you need to sleep and go to work, like I did, do not..

I agree, however to clarify, weekends are for party's weekdays are quiet. We have long term regulars that stay here during the week and love it. Also you marked 1 out of 5 for facilities - Fully functioning kitchen with juicer, microwave, oven, hobs, toaster,free tea and coffee with self service breakfast including, bread, condements, eggs. Plus herbs and spices if you wanna cook. Washer, dryer, carparking, guest computer plus wifi, TV - 1 out of 5....Really ????

Damon is Making it a place to stay .

• 23rd Oct 2013