Backpackers Newcastle Reviews

262 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Ideal, would defo stay again

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Having just come back from a 2 night stay in Newcastle Backpackers, I would highly recommend it as a cracking place to stay! We were a group of girls on a weekend break and took over the whole of the 10 bed dorm... the staff were so lovely (even when we frequently woke them up at 5am after being locked out of our room) and were so chilled about letting us stay way past the time check out was supposed to be. There's a great little kitchen, pool table, guitar, games... juust a great place to stay

Amazing place. Very clean. Powerful showers. Friendly staff. Cute dog. Is located a bit in the middle of nowhere- but only 10min walk from the station, 20min from town centre and only a £5 taxi from the night life!

• 20th Mar 2015

Very friendly staff who played guitar with me and cooked me dinner! The hostel has a huge amount of character and a definite homely atmosphere which I loved.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Nice welcome, a bit far off the city centre, nice kitchen, clean. In total it was a good hostel!

Great little hostel in a great location, just a short walk from the city centre. Would definitely recommend and visit again.

Good atmosphere and staff, but the cleanliness is not good, the dorms are small for too many bunk beds, the beds are not really good, in the same line as the average hostels in UK.

Everything about this hostel screams sketchy. I was on the first bus out of Newcastle because of my stay here! The staff's sons were sleeping everywhere and made me really uncomfortable like I was imposing. Also, the place was filthy! I would not stay here again!!!!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Staff were great!! They will help you with everything you need. The atmosphere was really nice and the breakfast was in the kitchen all day, so you could help yourself anytime you wanted. It is also very safe place. The location is close to all the places by walking, the only thing is that is in the hill. I totally recommend that!!

Seen better at same price.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Main entrance was locked with password but room doors had nothing on them. No keys or password. About 15min walk from bus station and a bit out of town and on the hill. Staffs were kind to greet you and around. Not much of a place to lounge other than a sofa and a table in reception. Beds are tidy but other places weren't tidy enough(e.g. fridge and bathroom). Heater in the room was hard to control as the knob was missing. Throughout, it has basics, nothing much.

We have keys to the dorms but guest are asked to pay a returnable £20 deposit for these or leave the key with reception. The doors are also alarmed and it is the guest that sets up the code on the alarm. We also have CCTV in all social areas.

Really friendly staff who gave us excellent tips on things to do in Newcastle

• 15th Nov 2014

Very nice staff and very nice people met in the room. The kitchen could have been kept cleaner and with a bit more choice of food for breakfast.

• 7th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review. Yes, the staff work very hard with making the guests have a lovely stay. The kitchen is shared by all the guests and I agree with you it would be far more pleasant if all the guests had respect and cleaned up after themselves which is expected at a Hostel. The breakfast is not part of your fee so what you get is an added free bonus. We offer, bread, eggs, cereal and milk thus it is what you make it. We also offer herbs, oils and spices for those who wish to cook x

The women who helped me was amazing. She showed me to my room and showed me around the hostel. She also told me where to go and what to see in the area with my allotted time. There are free lockers to use in the room. The hostel is slightly messy but they are trying to correct the situation.

Ok location, not too good facilities. Atmosphere was bizarre. The staff was not too easily reachable.

• 5th Oct 2014