Backpackers Newcastle Reviews

262 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

There's no enough ventilation in the room with only one window.And no enough power plugs which is highly needed to charge your gadgets and if your bed is far away from the main power plug by the window.Apart from that no other issues with the room.

Some guys of the staff were smoking weed upstairs. I've got asthma and got sick from the smoke. I really want compensation for this. I could have also called the police so it's their choice.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Great hospitality. Nice and simple backpacker rooms with a welcoming family own place. Easy to deal with and if you want a sandwich or a cup of tea that's alright. I got no complains and i think it's a great place to stay for a couple of nights

I really liked the staff guys!! And the free breakfast and the free toast rice and whatever at every time!!!! And the best thing was the free pool. Was little bit from the city centre but not that bad! And there was no room key, but because the hostel only has 26 beds I don't feel very unsafe! Would definitivly come back and stay again!

• 19th Jul 2015

I had booked and payed for all 8 beds in the room as I wasn't 100% how many was coming but also as couple of my mates were uncomfortable with staying in a room with people they didn't know and was shocked to get back and find the bed had been let out anyways, so one of my friends got next to no sleep, I would of spoke to the staff but they were sleeping downstairs and didn't seem to impressed when we returned quite late and had to wake them to get That's why I marked poor above.

• 18th Jul 2015

The drains in atleast one of the showers were clogged, and we weren't able to lock the rooms. Yeah there were community lockers but it was extremely hard to fit our luggage in there. It wasn't bad, but I expected a little more after a wonderful stay in Edinburgh the night before

• 17th Jul 2015

Great hostel. The staff is very friendly, welcoming, and always here to help. Good atmosphere too, everything that you could wait from à hostel.

• 13th Jul 2015

I had the best stay here, the staff were welcoming and the free pool really got people mixing. It's a small family run place and you'll get to know other travellers really easily. The guys who work there are very liberal and just let you do whatever you like, they also love a good party and some (?) drinks.

• 12th Jul 2015

Facilities are nice and I really appreciate that the breakfast is included. I chatted a bit with a young lad from Australia who works there and he was friendly. However, I just can't get over how untidy this place is! There were no bins in our room and the rubbish on the night cupboard that was there when I arrived was not moved during 4 days that I was there. The floor in the room was disgusting, as if it hadn't been hoovered for a year... It's really a pity, this could be a nice hostel.

Not bad, but a bit far from city center. Whenever I need help, nobody in reception.

We are five minutes from the Central Station on foot (the main train station in the City Centre). That is one street (all though up an incline) from all the bars and resturants. Bank point, cafes & off license accross the Road. Please use Budjet Taxi as Black Cabs have been reported for driving around in circles before reaching destination to increase fares which gives the impression that we are further away. Use a map and know where you are aheading. Check us out on google maps.

Staff very friendly and helpful

Ideal, would defo stay again

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Having just come back from a 2 night stay in Newcastle Backpackers, I would highly recommend it as a cracking place to stay! We were a group of girls on a weekend break and took over the whole of the 10 bed dorm... the staff were so lovely (even when we frequently woke them up at 5am after being locked out of our room) and were so chilled about letting us stay way past the time check out was supposed to be. There's a great little kitchen, pool table, guitar, games... juust a great place to stay

Amazing place. Very clean. Powerful showers. Friendly staff. Cute dog. Is located a bit in the middle of nowhere- but only 10min walk from the station, 20min from town centre and only a £5 taxi from the night life!

• 20th Mar 2015

Very friendly staff who played guitar with me and cooked me dinner! The hostel has a huge amount of character and a definite homely atmosphere which I loved.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Nice welcome, a bit far off the city centre, nice kitchen, clean. In total it was a good hostel!

Great little hostel in a great location, just a short walk from the city centre. Would definitely recommend and visit again.

View all Newcastle upon Tyne Hostels