Backpackers Newcastle Reviews

42 44 Denison St, Newcastle, Australia

The stuff and manager is very nice. I had a free dinner on Thursday, drinks were 2 for 1 They have a lot free offers. The front door was in daytime very often not closed - thats probably the backpackers fault. I didn't hat a letter at my bed - which was pretty annoying. Please fix this Hostel is pretty clean and offers free thinkings like pool billiard etc for your free time. I can recommend this Hostel. But its maybe in summer a bit too small, when its full 4 stoves, 1 microwave, ...

• 15th Aug 2014

I was robbed while staying here. $200 worth of belongings stolen from a locked bedroom. Security not good.

GREAT! I stayed here for 12 days. The owner & manager take very good care of their guests. They want you to have a good time but also set limits. They create a very pleasant atmosphere by the way they manage the place. It's not too big, a lovely set-up and in a quiet part of town. The non-central location is great because you get to see so much more of Newcastle, yet you can get to the free bus and the train very quickly. Good prices, free wifi, heaps of info. One of my favourite hostels in Oz.

Friendly and well-organised place, probably best location if you want to get more out of Newcastle than just going to the beach (nightlife, shops, the university, transport...)

• 1st Jul 2014

We had to wait at the reception for over an hour to check in, because nobody was there.... our window was broken so everybody could enter our ground floor room...

Mama Shar so friendly and welcoming! First stop on my own, she made me feel welcome and it's like she actually enjoys talking to guests!!! Lovely first stop before the craziness of the coast. Free BBQ some nights and Mama Shar is happy to advise on sights to see etc. lovely place!