Backpackers Newcastle Reviews

42 44 Denison St, Newcastle, Australia

Thought the staff were lovely and very helpful, told me the activities to do and how to get there etc. the hostel was very clean and especially appreciated the huge TV and big selection of films available! Especially good if there's rainy days.

I really enjoyed my weekend at the Hostel. The bedroom was confortable, the bathrooms were clean and the living room was warm and nice, as the kitchen. The place was friendly, with nice (and beautiful!) people and a lovely dog, Herby!

• 6th Jun 2015

Only stayed one night but I liked it, very nice house, cosy, spacious dorms and very friendly staff who told me everything about Newcastle. Only little annoyance was the location but they organise shuttle to get to the bus station

Absolutely loved our stay at the Byron Beach Resort. We thought the planned activities were a great idea as well as the free bike and surf board hire. Only complaint was the time it took for us to check in. We got in off the early greyhound at 7am and we had to wait until 12 to get our room. Totally understand check out is at 10 and the cleaners need time but we were getting put into a brand new room that we were first to sleep in so waiting till 12 was completely irrelevant.

Nice place in a quiet residential area. Very friendly staff.

I should have stayed more than just one night. Stuff and backpackers are really fun, the hostel is easy to get to, especially if you know about the free bus and it's clean with a pretty laid back atmosphere.

Best Hostel I have stayed at! Staff are amazing.. never been treated so great by a hostel. They also offer free pickup from greyhound, free wifi and a pool, if you stop in newcastle I highly recommend =)

• 11th Mar 2015

The overall stay was good but the cleanliness of the kitchen needs improving. The bathroom and shower could do with updating.

This hostel is about a two mile walk from the town centre and you're probably better off staying on the YHA. There isn't a lot to do in Newcastle. There were cockroaches in my room which I personally can't deal with. There was two toilets and two showers for the whole of my block which was ridiculous. The kitchen was poorly equipped with a stove that took forever. Also wifi doesn't work for international apple products!

Nice staf, Nice dog. Verry clean Good kitchen

The staff were amazing and I ended up having a night out with the girl from reception who very kindly bought me a drink and paid my entry into a club. This place is a lovely little gem and I wish I had stayed longer but I had already made travel plans. The facilities are ok but the toilet could be a little bigger as I struggled to get in and close the door and I'm small and slender. Shower room was clean and the pool and hammock area was so cool.

I don't have high standards when it comes to hostels, but cleanliness is certainly one and this hostel did not even meet the lowest standards of cleanliness, neither in the bathrooms nor in the bedrooms.

The wifi is free but you have to leave a like on Facebook, which rarely really works. Also if the owner finds too many dirty dishes she simply shuts down the wifi completely. Rooms are nice however half of the guests have to sleep on mattresses on the floor. No AC. Baths are Ok at best. Common room and outside area are very clean and nice to use. No drinking or staying outside after 10 so you either watch a movie or take the party somewhere else.