Backpackers Newcastle Reviews

42 44 Denison St, Newcastle, Australia

Very good hostel for all different ages.

• 14th Nov 2015

Good location. Attitude of staff very poor. Value for money not great. Peculiar rules, those you would give a child not an adult.

• 4th Nov 2015

Good facilities including decent free wifi, close to restaurants and local buses, felt quite homely being in a residential area. The manager did his best to accommodate all guests as much as he could, even when he had a full house of check-ins to deal with all throughout the day. Would love to come back when it's warmer so I can use the outdoor pool.

We had a really good time here, thanks for all your help.

not a backpackers for people actually travelling as pretty much all of the people staying there actually live there. Would recommend staying somewhere else. bathrooms are horrible as well as the rooms. 6 bed room consists of 2 bunk beds and two mattresses on the floor. sheets were stained and no power points in the rooms or in the bathrooms.

• 21st Oct 2015

When we arrived there was no one in reception, we had to go looking for a staff member to check us in and again when we were ready to check out, they had no record of my booking, and even though I had paid for a portion of my stay on Hostelworld I was charged full price upon check in (more than the advert price). The room was gross! Everything from holes in the door and wall to the outside, to cigarettes in the fireplace, the whole place felt poorly maintained. Location for the value is absurd!!

Awful rooms had holes in the wall and window. Manager very rude and none approachable.

Nice staff, friendly atmosphere, hot showers and good location.

It would be nice to have some lockable storage in the rooms

Very basic facilities but the cheapest hostel in Newcastle so you get what you pay for. Staff were lovely and even picked me up from the station upon my arrival

Not sure why we had to pay £4 extra cause it was a Saturday when we had the 8 dorm room to ourselvesson friday + saturday night.

Staff were brilliant (as were the dogs-Herby and Larry), Paul and Anna helped us whenever it was needed! Rooms were clean however as Anna said she is hoping to upgrade them soon, overall brilliant place! Would definitely stay again!

Thought the staff were lovely and very helpful, told me the activities to do and how to get there etc. the hostel was very clean and especially appreciated the huge TV and big selection of films available! Especially good if there's rainy days.

I really enjoyed my weekend at the Hostel. The bedroom was confortable, the bathrooms were clean and the living room was warm and nice, as the kitchen. The place was friendly, with nice (and beautiful!) people and a lovely dog, Herby!

Only stayed one night but I liked it, very nice house, cosy, spacious dorms and very friendly staff who told me everything about Newcastle. Only little annoyance was the location but they organise shuttle to get to the bus station