Backpackers Nirvana Reviews

off Mount Kenya Road, Mombasa Beach, Mombasa, Kenya

Loved my stay at Backpackers Nirvana. Lesley was super welcoming and the vibe of the place is great. It has pretty convenient beach access and the neighorhood felt very safe. It's a little far from the island of Mombasa (given it's in Nyali) but you can get into the city in 15 min so no worries. Definitely check this place out!

As someone who's been in a lot of hostels, I can say this one is definitely in my top 3, staff are awesome, you're right beside the beach, it's also located in one of the safest and upper class areas of mombasa and the host is so friendly you could have. If you come to mombasa, make sure you stay here.

beautiful house with a unique atmosphere, friendly staff and a perfect beach strip just minutes away. had a great stay and can only recommend this place!

We had a very nice stay at the Backpackers Nirvana. We quite enjoyed the evenings that we spent laughing and chatting about all kinds of topics. Friendly staff, very helpful.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

The hostel was closed when I arrived, but the hostess did find other accommodation for us to stay. By the way, I have not received my deposit back as of yet.

• 6th Aug 2014

Hey - yes. As we talked, I'd assumed we'd sort the deposit by the time you get back to visit our new place. Can't wait for you to see it. P.S I need your number! New phone.

Absolutely beautiful place. The chilled out, peaceful vibe, the incredibly helpful and kind staff. Ten minute walk to the beach, though I spent quite a bit of time in the hammock in the backyard. It's literally a tucked away paradise, and I could stay there forever. In fact, one of the guys staying there had extended his stay for a good while. The bliss is infectious. Never wanted to leave.