Backpackers Paradise Reviews

Lot D58 Hoang Van Thu , Ward 4, Da Lat, Vietnam

We had a very pleasent stay here. The service was great, and it was very nice to sit downstairs and drink a beer together with some fellow backpackers and the staff members. They even brought us some late night snack when we told them that we were hungry.

Absolutely loved the hostel, definitely one of our favourite hostels in Vietnam. The staff were unbelievably friendly, they let us drink our own beer because they wanted us to "just have a good time" and Hannah greeted us at the doorway of the hostel when we arrived back from canyoning (which I'd 100% reccommend by the way). An awesome hostel and we loved the vietnamese trap music, definitely a good place to go.

Great value for money, walking distance from town center. The best is the staff, very helpful, always ready to answer any request or solve any problems.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Staff were amazing here. Went above and beyond for us. One man went to the bakery for us when we said we were hungry but no where open to order a takeaway (it was late) . We had a knock at out door with food in his hand 10 mins later! Amazed and gratefull! Shout out to Hannah, she knows it all and is so just amazingly helpful! Loved our stay here and want to say a big Thankyou again!! Recommended 👍

Amazing hostel! The staff where so friendly and there was a really sociable lounge downstairs. And there was a gorgeous puppy to cuddle, what could be better ?!

Hostel was good, we were saying in the building next door as we had a private room. booked 4 nights and were placed on 4th floor. Once they realised that we were there for 4 were moved to the 1st floor (no lift). This was great as we had to climb less stairs however the family that lived downstairs had a young child that was quite noisy and we could hear the family going about their day quiet early in the morning which meant an early start. Staff were v good and always happy to help.

• 29th Jul 2014

I realize I ranked the facilities as poor, but really it's just that they are bare minimum. But hey, it's $6/night, so that's what you get. Overall, if you're on a budget, it's a fine place to stay, and the staff really is excellent--very helpful, kind, inviting, and awesome to just hang out with as well.

• 24th Jul 2014

Great value for money. The beds were really comfortable. It was really nice that they'd offer you free tea all the time. The common area was great for meeting people, as I am travelling solo. What i didn't like: only one shower combined with the toilet and it was noisy. They'd put the television on very loud in the morning around 6.30. And there were many dogs in the street barking all night. (Don't go hereif you're allergic to dogs - they have two dogs themselves)

We had a great stay at Backpackers Paradise. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. We booked a Canyoning tour through the hostel and I would highly recommend it!

A great hostel, staff are very helpful and friendly. Don't really have anything negative to say except I don't thing they change bed sheets, saying that I've been to worse places. Overall a great place to stay. Make sure you do canyoning.

Friendly staff, pleasant stay. Smoking cigarettes downstairs prevented me from hanging around too much, keep it outside??

I had a wonderful time at Backpackers Paradise. The common area makes it really easy to meet people and the location is walking distance to central area and night market. The staff are so helpful and speak English very well. I couldn't believe the service, as soon as I walked in they greeted me and gave me coffee and tea right away! I would highly recommend staying here and will return if I go back to Da Lat. Also, make sure to do the canyoning trip and book it through them, it was incredible!

Basic rooms. Very loud in the mornings. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Great location. Check out the spring roll restaurant a few doors down.

Awesome staff. They helped us fix our bikes for super cheap. Great recommendations for partying and canyoning. Only qualm is that they advertise credit cards are accepted but they don't accept credit cards.

The greatest plus for this hostel is it's AMAZZZING STAFF!!! The guys who are working there are wonderful & very helpful! Hanna, the girl at the front desk, explains everything, helps to arrange the trips, gives good advices etc. She's very kindful with the guests. Guy who provided me the bike, gave me better bike next day for the same price as the previous (worse) one. I stayed at "Backpackers Paradise" for 3 nights, I had booked a dormitory but I've goot upgraded room without any extra charge!

No lock on door but some lockers provided. Good party atmosphere, unfortunately that isn't what we were there for, so music meant bad sleep so bad value for money for me, but it seemed like a very good place to socialise if you were here for more than one night. The others really enjoyed the tours provided by the hotel. Shower water pressure was bad the further up you went but did the job ok. Beds comfy. Lots of plug sockets to charge stuff too. Staff great.

The friendliest and most helpful staff you could ever wish to have. A real family atmosphere makes Backpackers Paradise an excellent place to stay.

Most amazing staff. A must stay when in Da Lat!!!

The staff here are absolutely incredible.

It was a good stay and everything was ok. However, the walk to either the city centre or the lake takes about 20 to 30 minutes and is not pretty, thus a taxi or motorbike is the most convenient solution. A motorbike-taxi is about one dollar. Staff was very helpful and spoke fairly good english. A couch opposite the reception serves as breakfast and common area.

• 22nd Apr 2014