Backpackers Paradise Reviews

Lot D58 Hoang Van Thu , Ward 4, Da Lat, Vietnam

I was really disappointed with this hostel. I was in a private room and it smelt really badly of damp and mould. The bathroom wasnt cleaned very well either. The girls on front desk were very friendly but couldn't really recommend anywhere to eat. I kept the window open to try and air the room but it was then very noisy from people shouting outside or dogs barking. There wasn't really any atmosphere there. I'm not sure if there was a communal area as I didn't see one.

Thank You for your review. We very appreciate it. We are not perfect, but every days we try our best to improve hostel's problems. Thanks for let us know that we still have something to deal with. Secondly, We deeply sorry to your not so good experiences. Whenever we take guests to their room, we always aks them to give us their feebacks right away. So, we can fix or move you to better room. Hope you enjoy the rest of Vietnam. Sent to you our best regards, Owners and all staff

Staff are amazing, atmosphere is amazing, definitely the place to stay!

Good value for money, clean and well located.

Definitely one of my favourite hostels in Vietnam, and I would highly recommend it to anyone! The staff are amazing (especially one in particular who is also a great tour guide!) I'm sure you will meet them all during your stay. The rooms and beds are always clean and the lounge downtstairs was always entertaining. Don't miss out on the canyoning trip, it's challenging for some but extremely memorable and worth every penny. If I am ever back in Vietnam I will certainly come back!

• 20th Mar 2015

By far the best place I have stayed in SEA. Wonderfully helpful staff and very caring. I booked in for one night and stayed two weeks! It quite small, which is great because everybody at night sits with each other, if you have a group together (which is easy to organise), they will make you a banquet! Tables together elbow to elbow, great atmosphere, I met a bunch of people there from all over the world that I've stayed friends with after leaving. Couldn't recommend more!

• 17th Mar 2015

Great place to stay. It literally is like a home away from home. All the staff are lovely and helpful and it is such good value for money. Really enjoyed staying here

Nice hostel with awesome staff and with the best cannoyning-tour in whole Da Lat. We booked it trough the Hostel and it was such a perfect day! Good and clean facilities and a nice community area and you can walk to the town in 10 minutes.

Stayed here with my boyfriend during tet and had a great time. The staff couldn't have been more helpful if they tried (even gave us lucky money for the new year). There is a good communal area to hang out in and meet other travelers. Hostel will book trips for you if you want, rent you a bike, order food, do laundry or just recommend things to see and do. Really nice atmosphere. All only a 5-10 minute walk to the center of town.

Very nice hostel! Fantastic value for money, they organise the best canyoning trips in town ! The staff were friendly and very helpful particularly the two young ladies at reception. Great place to meet people!

Would be a good hostel if it wasn't so loud at night. Dogs barking, children screaming and doors banging at all hours. Breakfast was fairly grim too. Staff great though.

Best hostel in all of Southeast Asia, I really mean that. The staff are the best!

• 3rd Feb 2015

The staff at this hostel were so incredibly friendly they really couldn't do enough for us. On arrival they will draw everyone a route of where to go in the town on a map and also you get unlimited frr tea and coffee during your stay. The rooms are great, lush warm showers and a digital tv. As it is Da Lat it can get cold in the evenings so remember to bring a coat, and also go canyoning so much fun :)

Very friendly staffs and great value also cute dogs, see u again when I visit Dalat 😚

Wonderful and helpful staff. They helped us find some great places to visit during our short trip and nurtured a friendly, relaxed environment. The room was simple but clean and the hostel was in a great location.

We had a very good journey in this guesthouse. We stayed for 2 days. The staff is very nice and welcoming, giving you all the tips to visit around !

Hostel was average... Location fine...family meal was quite tasty. We stayed in the building next door. The family that run that part were ridiculously loud roaring up and down the stairs at each other, banging doors etc. Not very P.C. but there was also a baby that roared crying ALL the time. Not the hostels fault but not conducive to sleep!! Moved hostel to Dalat Backpackers, breakfast and dinner included for the same price, massive room, really friendly staff. Pity we hadn't gone there 1st!

• 15th Dec 2014

Awesome staff, most friendly ever.

Best hostel ever

Stayed 3 nights and thought the hostel was very good. All the basic facilities you'd expect and very friendly and helpful staff.

Staff was really nice and helpful and also location is good. But we were not happy with the rooms. We stayed in private room and there were mold on the walls and it smelled stuffy. Blankets were dirty and smelled bad. We told about mold to staff and they changed our room but it didn't solve for the problem. If you choose to stay in this place I recommend to ask a room with a window that you can have some fresh air to your room.