Backpackers Paradise Reviews

PO Box 381, 6620 Oudtshoorn, Oudtshoorn, South Africa

This place was convenient to stay in particularly because they organize great bike rides to the major sites, which was something we were very interested in doing. The double bed private we stayed in was find--no frills, but did the job. The on-site kitchen serving breakfast and lunch was pretty tasty and reasonably priced. Parking was nice and securely inside the gate. Only small complaint was the bar was full of smoke, but we just sat outside so no big deal.

A great find! Very central and perfect position for the Cango Marathon! Well run by extremely friendly owners. Will take advantage of the awesome looking meals in future.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

I only stopped for a very short visit, arriving at 1am and leaving at 7am but it served as a delightful stopover! Such a cool hostel, I wish I could have stayed longer. Really nice vibe, well laid out rooms and friendly place.

The backpackers itself was nice, clean, rooms are comfortable with fans. Lovely town. I had an unfortunate incident where the owner’s son’s dog bit me. I was taken to the Clinic for a tetanus shot, clean up and antibiotics which ruined the rest of my holiday. Didn't even get a follow up call or email from them asking if I was alright. It could have been handled better.

Regret and apologise for the incident.The dog was visiting and will not be allowed back on property.Reviewing the incident on cctv,you bent over the dog and it jumped up hitting his head against yours.(hardly an attack)The staff was on hand to help in 8 seconds(slow to react?) .Staff took you to docter 5 min. later,stayed with you and payed for it.Docter said it was a compression wound not a bite and no stiches needed.Docter says you were in good spirits and you and staff had drinks in bar later

Had a good time at Backpackers Paradise. The staff is friendly, outgoing and eager to advice you on what to do in the area. The bar is nice (and far from any sleeping facilities), the nightly fire is cosy and the restaurant for breakfast and lunch are from a quality i've never seen in a backpackers before. The dinner is also good. Don't forget to ask for discount vouchers if you are going to visit an attraction in the area. Recommended!

This Backpackers is located on the main street of Oudshoorn, within a nice garden. It has a sitting area under the trees with a table, and more tables around the small pool. There is a big communal kitchen, good equipped and clean. The front desk person was nice and gave us advice about the town and area around. The room we had was simple but clean with a fan. There was also an option for breakfast which was good and inexpensive. The atmosphere of the place is very pleasant. I would come again.

• 30th Nov 2014