Backpackers Paradise Reviews

PO Box 381, 6620 Oudtshoorn, Oudtshoorn, South Africa

The back packers in itself was fine, clean and comfortable room with fans. Lovely town. We had an unfortunate incident where the owner's son's Pit bull terrier attacked me and bit me in the face, around my eye. The staff didn't take it serious at first and were very disorganized and slow to react. The receptionist even asked if I was "really sure" that I needed a Dr!? I had to go to the Clinic for a tetanus shot, clean up and antibiotics. They never even called to hear if I'm okay. Shocking

Regret and apologise for the incident.The dog was visiting and will not be allowed back on property.Reviewing the incident on cctv,you bent over the dog and it jumped up hitting his head against yours.(hardly an attack)The staff was on hand to help in 8 seconds(slow to react?) .Staff took you to docter 5 min. later,stayed with you and payed for it.Docter said it was a compression wound not a bite and no stiches needed.Docter says you were in good spirits and you and staff had drinks in bar later

Had a good time at Backpackers Paradise. The staff is friendly, outgoing and eager to advice you on what to do in the area. The bar is nice (and far from any sleeping facilities), the nightly fire is cosy and the restaurant for breakfast and lunch are from a quality i've never seen in a backpackers before. The dinner is also good. Don't forget to ask for discount vouchers if you are going to visit an attraction in the area. Recommended!

This Backpackers is located on the main street of Oudshoorn, within a nice garden. It has a sitting area under the trees with a table, and more tables around the small pool. There is a big communal kitchen, good equipped and clean. The front desk person was nice and gave us advice about the town and area around. The room we had was simple but clean with a fan. There was also an option for breakfast which was good and inexpensive. The atmosphere of the place is very pleasant. I would come again.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Israel

Nice place, but more expensive than other hostels. Breakfast should be included for that price.

The Ostrich Eggs for breakfast were awesome, as well as the vouchers for the trips in the area.