Backpackers Pisa Reviews

Via Sainati 15 A, Pisa, Italy

Very dirty place, bad hospitality. U need to open two locks, but the host don't reply to u by email, u should call him in very dark night wasted lot of charge of ur phone and standing outside the building for a long time. Almost no host here, the guy who host u maybe just a friend of the host, not good at English and hard to communicate. Finally i left the money to host's bed because i left in a hurry, but he found the money very hard. So u know there is almost no reception.goog location though.

There is no 24h reception, or kitchen to prepair coffee/tea. No cable tv as it says on internet. The bathroom was very dirt, only positive point is that the linen was clean.

• 26th Nov 2014

Location not hard to find but it feels creepy if arrive during the night walking alone to the house. The overall hyegine has to be improved, I can tolerate with the hyegine in the room but the one in the washroom is poor. Wifi works well and the owner is very friendly.

It was a really nice hostel The staff was friendly and the hostel is ideal if you need to travel early to the airport because it is located nearby the trainstation. I would definately go there again...

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Such bad hospitality, the toilet is very very dirty and should improve alot in cleanliness, and should offer more facilities for the people who are going to stay in the future.

Very helpful receptionist

I usually don't write references and I'm not a picky traveler at all, but this time I almost regret I didn't sleep at the railway station or inside the airport. The dorm was crowded with beds (even a bunk bed with triple mattress down and double up. The 2 bathrooms had probably never been cleaned since days or maybe weeks and no toilet paper (after I aske for it I was given an almost finished roll). No reception, no other room. And main door always open till late night. But wifi worked fine.

Problem with the check in, but the host was cool and kind! Not very clean, but the location was perfect! Just a few minutes walk from the train station.

Hostel should improve facilities (hot water, door lockers, in future- breakfast). It would be nice, if stuff had their own room and reception are had own spot.

A very simple hostel. Missing a kitchen! The location and the charming owner, Carlo, though makes it worth staying there.

Its really bed... The bathroom was really bed, dirty and stinky and bugs . I don't really have a good time there... But the Owner is nice...

The backpacker is located behind the train station, quite far from the most famous monuments of Pisa. Carlo the owner of the backpacker barely welcomed us, we did the check in very quickly. No lockers. The two bathrooms were the dirtiest I've ever seen. Very smelly, shower almost broken, mold everywhere: AWEFUL!

The backpackers Pisa hostel is not really a hostel at all. Carlo who rund it just has a house and an apartment furnished as kind of a hostel. It was fine for one night and cheap. I wouldnt recomend it to anytime and i would definatly not go back. I didnt feel safe, and it was a bit smushy! If you are just there for one or two nights you can totally stay there. If you want to save the money do it. Don't have high expectations tho, or any at all!

Broken showers with a door that doesn't lock. Painful Internet and no common area. Staff never seen and no kitchen. 30 min from the tower, which other than a flight is the only reason to stay here. I'd recommend buddy up and get a b and b or stay some other city. Quite dirty as well, and never saw a cleaner.

it was a pleasure to meet staff. location is good 15 min to everywhere. good stuff good atmosphere. but u guys have to find a solution for mosquitos :)

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The host is really kind! Next to the airport, easy to go. I recommend it !

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

This place is absolutely disgusting. It is basically someone's house whee they converted part into two rooms and two bathrooms and put an exterior door with a code lock. When I showed up there was no one there except people staying at the hostel. They let me in and gave me the security code and everything even though they didn't know who I was. The bathrooms were disgusting. Black mild in the showers, soaking wet mats on the floors. This first thing you notice about this place is the stink.

• 13th Jul 2014

Was very dirty and shower door and loo seat were falling off. No real lights only lamps. Great location though right by train station. Ok for one night would not like to stay longer.

I am not sure if this hostel can be called a hostel. There is no reception and we are being moved to another place, well the location is better but there is an elderly man living in the room beside where we sleep. The owner is really nice, he moved us from a mixed dorm to a private room. Location is really great, 1 minute to the central station and 15-20minutes away to the tower of Pisa. But overall it is quite a weird stay in backpackers Pisa.