Backpackers Pisa Reviews

Via Sainati 15 A, Pisa, Italy

Would not recommend. Did not respect the booking I'd made with hostel world, and I had to stay in another hostel. I had a horrible experience and the staff member Marco was drunk and racist. The owner of the hostel (when he finally arrived) did finally find me somewhere to stay but the whole process was upsetting and scary.

Nice place to take a rest Beautifull rooms and service, nice bathrooms and really cleaned Wifi conection was perfect

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Not very clean, no one around to let us in. Had to wait nearly 20 minutes before he owner arrived. It's fine for one night if you are stuck for a place to stay.

WARNING this is a FRAUD!The photos and description were FAKE!We looked whether the hostel remained in the web site and it was, but with other name "Closest Station" (the address was the same: Via Giuseppe Sainati15A). Also, when we arrived, another name was written at the entrance, and the name "Backpackers" was hand-written!The place is horrible, dirty and it doesn't any lockers or security for the luggage,no key for the room, no wifi,no common space.The owner looked a bit drunk also. Disaster!

• 29th Jun 2015

The last day of our reservation the water went out. The manager doesn't speak English well and thus couldn't tell us when the water would be back. The language barrier with the manager was also hindering at other times. The owner speaks good English and was very nice and helpful but he was rarely there. The bathrooms are fairly disgusting and tiny. However the beds and sheets are clean. It has wifi but the signal goes in and out. All in all it was worth the 10€ we payed but I wouldn't recommend

Nice stay perfect location i was there just few hours because i went in the night and i left very early in the morning

• 24th Jun 2015

The owner barely speaks English, lots of Mosquitos in that area. But it is close to the train station and the cheapest you can get. It's okay for just one nights stay.

Perfect :) from Chantal :)

I've never seen such a dirty place, and the toilets broken.

Very dirty place, without conditions, the toilets were broken.

I have seen a lot of "budget" places, but this was one of the worst stays of my life. And it is not even so cheap. I would like to say, that is not fair, to show different pictures on your website than is in reality and it would be nice from you, that you sometimes check what are you offer and even take some money for that.

I was met by a quite shabby-looking guy who put efforts, but also had the atmosphere of being drunk or hung-over. Bathrooms average Loudly closing doors disturbed during the night

No reception. You have to make a call on your phone to get into the building. Internet does not work. Toilets filthy. Guests are not travellers, but immigrant workers from Morocco who smoke hashish in the corridors whilst speaking loudly in French and Arabic. There is a serious lack of sockets. The owner does not speak Italian or English in an understandable intonation. He mispelt my name (I was 'Iana Semson' instead of 'Daniel Simpson). The place smells of socks. The location is okay.

• 27th Jan 2015