Backpackers Pisa Reviews

Via Sainati 15 A, Pisa, Italy

The backpackers Pisa hostel is not really a hostel at all. Carlo who rund it just has a house and an apartment furnished as kind of a hostel. It was fine for one night and cheap. I wouldnt recomend it to anytime and i would definatly not go back. I didnt feel safe, and it was a bit smushy! If you are just there for one or two nights you can totally stay there. If you want to save the money do it. Don't have high expectations tho, or any at all!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The host is really kind! Next to the airport, easy to go. I recommend it !

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

This place is absolutely disgusting. It is basically someone's house whee they converted part into two rooms and two bathrooms and put an exterior door with a code lock. When I showed up there was no one there except people staying at the hostel. They let me in and gave me the security code and everything even though they didn't know who I was. The bathrooms were disgusting. Black mild in the showers, soaking wet mats on the floors. This first thing you notice about this place is the stink.

• 13th Jul 2014

Was very dirty and shower door and loo seat were falling off. No real lights only lamps. Great location though right by train station. Ok for one night would not like to stay longer.

I am not sure if this hostel can be called a hostel. There is no reception and we are being moved to another place, well the location is better but there is an elderly man living in the room beside where we sleep. The owner is really nice, he moved us from a mixed dorm to a private room. Location is really great, 1 minute to the central station and 15-20minutes away to the tower of Pisa. But overall it is quite a weird stay in backpackers Pisa.

DIRTY!! This hostel was very dirty for the bathroom whereas the bed was clean. There's a strange guy who stay all day long in his bed without speaking you. No reception staff, someone call the owner when you arrive. The owner is cool. The geographic situation is perfect: 5mn walking from the railway station and 20mn walking from the airport.

If you can pay more to stay in a better place, please do. Very dirty place, terrible bathrooms, unsafe, nothing worked....

20%??????? how you can destroy reviews and hard work of the people ? how can be hw accepts this review ??? free wifi ... free linen clean beds what do you search more for cheapest price never seen !!!!

You should avoid this place. If you are a female or traveling with a female *do not* go there. We had to contact the Italian police regarding what happened to us. Unfortunately this place runs under several names and it will probably use another name next time. Please be aware.

Shower is broken.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Japan

the room only has a working standing fan and the windows cannot be opened. the toilets are not taken cared of, with broken toilet seats and a flooded shower. The place itself is quite dodgy and finding it is quite difficult as there is no obvious signage. it doesnt feel much safe cus the main door is always open at night, but the rooms have keys so thats alright

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very friendly and helpful staff, thank you very much!

• 19th May 2014

The hostel is truly fantastic and it has one of the best service I have experienced amongst hostels. There are no areas that I can imagine being further improved.

Actually not a hostel but a house of a family. But economical price, nice staff, and good location(the central train station is right in the next street!!!!). and it was a little bit complicated to find it if you walk from the airport...

Hmm.. the "hostel" was cheap and near to the train station, but compared to other places I have been it was quite bad. The house looks anything but a hostel, it isn't tidy, there is no lockers and the dorm wasn't locked up. The worst part was the bathroom. There were ants on the floor, there were someones stuff all over the place and the shower itself looked something I wouldn't, and did not, want to touch. Bed was comfortable and linen were clean though.

I think you can't get better for such a price. Hostel is in a quiet area. If you travel by car you have to park on the street, but there is enough space. The only disappointment was the bathroom.

It is simply dirty and bad-maintained. I couldn`t take a shower because the bathroom was terribly dirty so i was really glad that i stayed only one night there.

Staff very friendly and young. New instalations of the hostel are great to spend a really nice to stay! We absolutely recommend this hostel!

The worst "hostel" I've ever stayed. It wasn't a hostel.

Had a really good stay at "Backpackers Pisa". Really good facilities and amazing staff. (They also had a really good wifi which for me is one of the most important things). Planning to visit Pisa more often.

We stayed at Pisa Backpackers for two nights and were very happy with it. The hostel is very close to the train station and only 15 minutes from the leaning tower. Carlo, the owner, was unbelievably helpful. He let us check in early, even though we hadn't told him we would be. He also upgraded us to a private from a 6-bed dorm just because he had one available. The room was tidy, and though it wasn't spotless, it was clean enough. The price was unbeatable as well. Overall we had a nice stay.

• 14th Apr 2014