Backpackers Plus Reviews

Dunollie Road, Oban, Oban, Scotland

It is really a great hostel. Clean, bright rooms, friendly staff, equipped kitchen, nice common area, breakfast, warm showers.

Lovef staying here. Great hostel! Thanks!

The staff were really welcoming, such a chilled spot really secure and clean. They have power outlets for each bed and the rooms/bathrooms are awesome. A little effort goes a long way and they certainly deserve a visit!

I did not get a very good nights sleep as it was in a mixed 8 bed room the five others were close friends and one had already taken my designated bed so was very uncomfortable too much noise etc . I must stress that the hostel is my favorite and the staff are second to none , but I will make sure the next time that I don't get an eight bed mixed !! Joe....

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Congratulation! It is very tidy, clean and cozy! You have used very well the space, specially the ceiling, which is very charming! I loved the light the windows give to it!

Would stay again. Please be aware that they change the bed linnen every 2 days, even though you do stay a bit longer.

Nice Hostel, really original. I loved it. 8-bed-dorm quite big.

Good location, friendly staff. Hostel provides a lot of acitivities, the reception room is linked with kitchen area and a large hall where backpackers are gathering.

Really friendly staff and a great place to meet new people~ would love to stay there again (:

The best hostel I've been to so far. Decent space, clean bathrooms, awesome staff. The breakout area is awesome.

The hot-hot showers are something not to be missed.

Wonderful lounge/kitchen. Flipside is that rooms just under the lounge can be noisy. Bathrooms very clean.

• 28th Mar 2015

I booked an all female dorm, so I was surprised when strange men wandered in in the middle of the night. When I talked to the staff about it, they weren't very understanding. They said it had been a mistake, but didn't apologise or anything. Not cool.

• 23rd Mar 2015

It was easy, value for money, staff were friendly and I got a good nights sleep.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Really enjoyed my time but unfortunate due to the time of year going, the hostel was really quiet and there wasn't much of an atmosphere. Overall a very clean and equipped hostel.

I only have a couple of criticisms concerning the hostel. I was in a four bed room straight down the hall way and my head was right by the wall where the hallway was on the other side. It was incredibly noisy people clomping their feet when you're trying to sleep; especially in the morning and you want a lie in. The other criticism is come sat night it felt like student accommodation as the noise was incredible! They kept me up until 3 am! The staff were great, and very helpful.

• 12th Feb 2015