Backpackers Plus Reviews

Dunollie Road, Oban, Oban, Scotland

The hot-hot showers are something not to be missed.

Wonderful lounge/kitchen. Flipside is that rooms just under the lounge can be noisy. Bathrooms very clean.

• 28th Mar 2015

I booked an all female dorm, so I was surprised when strange men wandered in in the middle of the night. When I talked to the staff about it, they weren't very understanding. They said it had been a mistake, but didn't apologise or anything. Not cool.

• 23rd Mar 2015

It was easy, value for money, staff were friendly and I got a good nights sleep.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Really enjoyed my time but unfortunate due to the time of year going, the hostel was really quiet and there wasn't much of an atmosphere. Overall a very clean and equipped hostel.

I only have a couple of criticisms concerning the hostel. I was in a four bed room straight down the hall way and my head was right by the wall where the hallway was on the other side. It was incredibly noisy people clomping their feet when you're trying to sleep; especially in the morning and you want a lie in. The other criticism is come sat night it felt like student accommodation as the noise was incredible! They kept me up until 3 am! The staff were great, and very helpful.

• 12th Feb 2015

This is an amazing hostel - not only does it have an incredibly warm environment, but the facilities are amazing and the staff are extremely friendly. In addition, the kitchen is stocked with spices, oils and pastes, so you only need to provide the essentials, and the facilities are clean and modern. Originally I wasn't planning on staying in Oban but I'll definitely be back and I'll be staying here!! This is a brilliant place and I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Great rooms, friendly staff, and a comfortable mattress. Liked that breakfast was included and 2 power outlets and a light for every bunk. The bathroom smelled strongly of mildew and the showers were terrible. All things considered, I would definitely stay here again.

Very nice Hostel. Lots of leisure space and good cooking facilities. Interesting is that the place offers a lot of 'working for dorm' places. Half the hostel was filed with people pretty much living there.

• 1st Nov 2014

This hostel is so perfect ! It's clean, beautiful, the staff is helpful. The rooms are fully equiped and quiet. Perfect !