Backpackers Plus Reviews

Dunollie Road, Oban, Oban, Scotland

This hostel was great, the staff were very accommodating, and solved problems quickly. The showers were very hot and had good pressure, and it was nice to have so many hand towels around to dry our hands. However, both days the toilet paper ran out on the whole floor, maybe have some extr in the stall, or check more often.

• 21st Aug 2015

Great hostel! It's in a central location, rooms are big and comfortable with huge under bed lockers. The kitchen is very well equipped and large and there's good common areas. Also free breakfast . Stay here if you're coming to Oban.

lovely place, thoroughly recommend!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice, clean hostel, and a friendly atmosphere.

• 14th Aug 2015

Very beautiful...!very friendly and helpful staff!they built everything themselves...nice one! cheers

Nice hostel with good ambience. My only complaints are: 1) The room we stayed in on the first night was incredibly stuffy (even with the tiny window open) and thus quite suffocating. 2) Two verrrrryyy loud and verrrrrry drunk guys messed up what started off as a really good night's sleep. Their drunken debauchery lasted a good 2 hours with no intervention from staff (who, I assume, sleep at the hostel as well). They only shut up after my friend and the guy next door got up and told them to.

• 9th Aug 2015

Friendly staff, great atmosphere and overall great experience.

When I arrived, I was very impress about the cozy atmosphere in the beautiful and lovely lounge. The kitchen pretty new and full equipped. The toilets and showers extremely clean and a spacious and lovely bedrooms. I think is one of the best hotels I've ever been. Keep working because you are doing it pretty well

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Almost a dream location ! courtesy, efficiency, and what a lounge !!! people are nice (they even do laundry if you pay a little extra). Nice little kitchen (we stayed at the secondary building) with a lot of inclusions (milk, breakfast, coffee, etc...). Good, clean, powerfull showers. This city is a must to visit. So book with peace of mind !

Nice hostel in Oban for a one night stop over. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, hostel is centrally located, free parking about a block away.

It is really a great hostel. Clean, bright rooms, friendly staff, equipped kitchen, nice common area, breakfast, warm showers.

Lovef staying here. Great hostel! Thanks!

The staff were really welcoming, such a chilled spot really secure and clean. They have power outlets for each bed and the rooms/bathrooms are awesome. A little effort goes a long way and they certainly deserve a visit!

I did not get a very good nights sleep as it was in a mixed 8 bed room the five others were close friends and one had already taken my designated bed so was very uncomfortable too much noise etc . I must stress that the hostel is my favorite and the staff are second to none , but I will make sure the next time that I don't get an eight bed mixed !! Joe....

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Congratulation! It is very tidy, clean and cozy! You have used very well the space, specially the ceiling, which is very charming! I loved the light the windows give to it!

Would stay again. Please be aware that they change the bed linnen every 2 days, even though you do stay a bit longer.

Nice Hostel, really original. I loved it. 8-bed-dorm quite big.

Good location, friendly staff. Hostel provides a lot of acitivities, the reception room is linked with kitchen area and a large hall where backpackers are gathering.

Really friendly staff and a great place to meet new people~ would love to stay there again (:

The best hostel I've been to so far. Decent space, clean bathrooms, awesome staff. The breakout area is awesome.