Backpackers San Pedro Reviews

Portal del Inca #486, Condeduque, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Booked the night but didn't end up staying as we were moving on from San Pedro. Staff allowed us to use the facilities and charge us for the night. Clean and relaxed hostel.

• 18th Dec 2014

Hostel is a little hidden away,

Just like San Pedro, this hostel is bad value for money. Room was very small, door didn't close very good and bathroom was not very clean. On the other hand, staff was quite nice and atmosphere was good. Bonfire at night is a big plus.

Lovely relaxed hostel with very friendly staff.

That hostel is incredible, very rustic but at the same time very comfortable, and the the staff is really nice! The only problem is that the wifi connection is not very good, I got some problems a few times to connect and stay connected. But besides that, everything else is great

• 29th Nov 2014

Ok hostel. Wifi pretty bad but same problem everywhere in San Pedro.

Good hostel- really not far from the center, do not worry. Great outside area with hammocks and sun beds and pool (a tub). I would recommend looking in town for better deals on tours. Overall really pleasant stay. Staff were friendly. Beware of the 12am lights out rule- not a deal breaker but funny to watch the attempts at staying up (not hard)

I really liked this place. It was clean, felt safe and had a very social vibe over it. Only thing was that its a bit too noisy at night and the walls are a bit too hear through, so bring ear plugs. its also about a 10-15min walk from the main street, but thats alright. I enjoyed my stay here and the staffs very nice as well

The two kitchens were awesome when cooking as it never got too crowded. The pool is more of a tots pool. The outdoor seating was awesome, great view of the stars! The rooms were small, and we don't think the sheets were changed. The staff were super helpful with directions and activities.

Carlos is very helpful and patient. Nice kitchen facilities. It´s 10 mins walk to the city center so it´s quiet at night. The highlight of this place is always easy to talk to other travellers because they have lots of common area to hang out. Downside is the wifi is not working most of the time. And too many flies around kitchen. But overall it´s a good stay.

Nice Hostal with superfriendly stuff and warm and comfy beds. However, WiFi is superslow, so if you have some work (like VCs) you'll have to go to the internet-Café in town. The hostal had two nice yards with matresses for sun-bathing and even a small Swimmingpool. Two kitchens are convenient and five bathrooms should also be ok, though during rush hour in the morning you sometimes have to wait. The location is a bit outside of town, however still close to the market and the bus station.

My friends and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was by far the best bang for your buck in San Pedro! Carlos is an amazing business man and assists in any and all of your possible needs/questions. The layout of the hostel is awesome, including a pool, flatscreen, hangout area with hammocks-everything to promote a nice social atmosphere. Even with all this, the hostel was completely laid back and I never had a noise complaint. Overall great stay and I would highly recommend...book early!

• 31st Oct 2014

Great hostel, staff is friendly and helpfull, I had a great time there

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Bathrooms can be quite busy. Decent value for San Pedro. Location is out of town but the town is small anyways. Easy to find once you use their map that they email to you. Wifi is patchy but again you are in the desert so can't expect too much.

Backpackers!! I loved my stay here. Carlos was THE MAN, and I can't thank him enough for all his help booking my tours and searching prices for bus trips and hostels in other cities. Had to say the location was pretty poor because it was nearly a ten minute walk out of town, but San Pedro is a really safe place and Backpacker's had a solid security system, so the long walk was only an issue when I was dead tired after hiking like two volcanoes and just wanted to go to town to buy an empanada.

Pretty sure the sheets have never been washed, and our toilet never got fixed while we were there, but other than that, very friendly, wifi worked most of the time (you are in the desert, after all), and it wasn't really hidden so the tour company found us easily. There was construction the first morning that woke us up around 8 am, too, but I'm not certain that was the hostel's fault.

• 9th Oct 2014

Good for the money in the San Pedro area. Decent kitchen and bathrooms though not all had hot water. Internet was horrible and did not work most of the time. The common areas were pretty cool and unique. The staff is ok and will help you find tours but was generally unfriendly and passive. Also you can't bring your own alcohol but they will sell you a beer for $1000 pesos! Fine Hostal all around but not the best we stayed at.

• 5th Oct 2014

The place was a good walking distance from the town square and the staff being the receptionist and bike hire guy were very friendly. I tried talking with the cleaner a bit but she didn't seem to want a bar of me (maybe she had a bad day). We hired bikes from the hostel for 6000 pesos for the entire day and it was money well spent for us because we'd much rather cycle around then walk in the scorching desert sun! We paid for a double room for almost $50 a room but it was very small

• 4th Oct 2014

Good hostel a short walk away from town. Good place to stop into while you visit the desert. The prices for their yours are more expensive than in town.

There are not enough bathrooms for everyone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3