Backpackers San Pedro Reviews

Portal del Inca #486, Condeduque, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Nice hostel with good facilities and lovely English speaking staff. Hostel is slightly too far from the town centre for me as a solo female traveller. Felt anxious walking back to the hostel at night time.

I would emphasize the tour packages and shop discounts you get when you stay, because that ended up saving me a fair sum of money and would be a good selling point. I would also say somewhere that you have several cats on the premises, just in case someone is allergic.

• 10th Jul 2015

Thank you for the review! Uy, about cats, we have only one cat, the cat with a collar , but we don't know how to prevent the entry of cats walking on the street , there are so many tourists that makes them love and gives them food ...every day finally come around here

There were brave dogs outside the hostel, I had problem to access two days. The staff have free cooffe and tea but ONLY during breakfast time. If you want to take the Chilean "once" or take breakfast at 4am before the tour to Tatio, they won't bring you anything.

When we send you the map and information about San Pedro, it's write there "We offer coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, sugar and hot water, every morning from 7:30 to 12". In all the excursions before 8 am the breakfast is included and eat before go to 4.321 m.a.s.l. is bad for your healty, is recomended eat something after that. Any way, if somebody ask, we give them always. We can't kill the dog of my neighbor or move the hostel to another place far to the dog, sorry. Is only one dog and never bit

The staff were nice, the place was clean, and the location not bad (though definitely hard to find at first), and shower had hot water. However, I stayed in a cramped 4-bed dorm on a terrible bed. It was hard to get up to the top bunk, I could feel the mattress springs poking me, and the ceiling was so low I'd bump my head on the ceiling if I sat up. There are three cats running all over the place, so people with allergies should be aware. No breakfast apart from self-serve tea/coffee.

Decent hostel clean and tidy little far from town

We happened to be here for Chile v Bolivia during the Copa America. They had a huge BBQ with free food and drinks. It was a great night! Very nice staff and a decent bike rental service.

10-15mn to the main street of San Pedro, so a little far away from the center. The bed near the kitchen are noisy and it's disadvantage for early wake up. Be careful : the get south discount is not compatible with Hostelworld booking.

Excellent and helpful staff who go out of their way to create a friendly, relaxed and fun environment for all.

A bit outside of town center, but everything is within comfortable walking distance. Really nice accommodations with friendly and helpful staff and plenty of common areas to share time with fellow travelers.

Comfortable bed. Facilities were good with access to three kitchens, computer and stable wifi. Staff was helpful. The only problem would be it can be difficult to find the hostel at first. Perhaps a little pricey but overall it has good atmosphere and a nice place to relax.

Friendly staff, small rooms but very comfy beds! Good atmosphere with bonfire in the evenings. Located a few minutes outside of town but worth a stay anyway.

When I stayed here, there was 2 other people here. No atmosphere at all really. I think if they reduce their prices it will be more worth staying here as oppose to other more central hostels for better value and price. My bed was comfortable.

The good: We had a nice room in a house seperate from the main hostel that felt like a private house. The kitchen facilities were well equipped and functional, we even had a sharp knife ! The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The bad: WIFI barely worked, no computers, expensive for what it was, cold water in the showers. Cleaning lady was a piece of work, no secure lock up for passports and cash.

Nice hostel in the lovely San Pedro! Perfect location to star gaze and there are also tours through the hostel at a reasonable price. About a 10 minute walk from the bus terminal and about 15 minutes to the downtown. Would recommend...

A little bit out of the centre of town, but it wasn´t a problem. No breakfast but a nice enough hostel, did the job.

No electricity in our room or bathroom, no wifi, cats pissing over the furniture and staff stealing from the rooms .... What more can I say. DO NOT BOOK HERE

Quite a basic hostel. Cheapish by San Pedro standards (which is still quite expensive) but still not great value for money. No breakfast and a bit rough around the edges. Not a lot of other options in San Pedro though unfortunately.

Cool hostel, nice atmosphere, close to bus terminal and town. Easy to organise tours from hostel - really enjoyed sandboarding and Uyuni tour. Can rent bikes too. Clean. Lots of bathrooms. Tea coffee in a.m.

This was such a great, friendly, clean hostel that I stayed for longer - staff were so knowledgable about all the tours and everyone we booked through them was excellent - thanks :)

Place was fine for somewhere to stay while doing trips around San Pedro. Showers were cold most of the time though. Staff didn't seem very organised, we had left our laundry with them to find the bags the next day still left in the same spot and hadn't been touched, let alone washed. Slightly unprofessional. Other than that is was ok.

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels