Backpackers San Pedro Reviews

Portal del Inca #486, Condeduque, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

The good: We had a nice room in a house seperate from the main hostel that felt like a private house. The kitchen facilities were well equipped and functional, we even had a sharp knife ! The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The bad: WIFI barely worked, no computers, expensive for what it was, cold water in the showers. Cleaning lady was a piece of work, no secure lock up for passports and cash.

Nice hostel in the lovely San Pedro! Perfect location to star gaze and there are also tours through the hostel at a reasonable price. About a 10 minute walk from the bus terminal and about 15 minutes to the downtown. Would recommend...

A little bit out of the centre of town, but it wasn´t a problem. No breakfast but a nice enough hostel, did the job.

No electricity in our room or bathroom, no wifi, cats pissing over the furniture and staff stealing from the rooms .... What more can I say. DO NOT BOOK HERE

Cool hostel, nice atmosphere, close to bus terminal and town. Easy to organise tours from hostel - really enjoyed sandboarding and Uyuni tour. Can rent bikes too. Clean. Lots of bathrooms. Tea coffee in a.m.

This was such a great, friendly, clean hostel that I stayed for longer - staff were so knowledgable about all the tours and everyone we booked through them was excellent - thanks :)

Place was fine for somewhere to stay while doing trips around San Pedro. Showers were cold most of the time though. Staff didn't seem very organised, we had left our laundry with them to find the bags the next day still left in the same spot and hadn't been touched, let alone washed. Slightly unprofessional. Other than that is was ok.

Very nice and relaxed hostel. The kitchen is well equipped, there are hammocks, a ping pong table and more than enough bathrooms. The staff are very nice and speak English very well, so they can inform you about all of the trips and book them for you. At night there are usually enough people around to have a chat with and sometimes there is a fire. After midnight, the hostel is very quiet, so you can get a good night sleep. The hostel is located about 5 mins from the city center.

This place is definitely fine. The staff i met was great and super accomodating (apart from grumpy maid). It's decently clean and cheap for San Pedro. Little note on San Pedro. As much as the scenery around the town is fascinating, the town is (became?) a horrendous place. What mass tourism as worst to offer - poor services, expensive... If you can manage to rent a car and stay in villages around, i would recommend doing that. If not, the hostel did feel like a safe haven.

I would never come back to a Loki hostel. There's no wifi, the staff is the worst I have ever seen in a hostel and the cleanliness is very poor.

San Pedro is a very expensive place. The staff here were very helpful. The hostel is no frills, no breakfast, but if you are looking for a quiet place to relax and stay for a longer period, then this place is ideal.

staff: some were great, helpfull, kind... Others not at all!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

We witnessed beds not being changed in between people staying. It's a 10 min walk outside of town and there are very few street lights in San Pedro which means the walk at night doesn't feel particularly safe. There is a good kitchen to use though and the shower was always hot which i know can be a rarity in San Pedro.

Really difficult to find! We weren't emailed a map before our stay but luckily bumped into some others who were also staying at the hostel so they showed us the way. Make sure u have a map before u arrive into San Pedro! Other than that the hostel was great, the staff very friendly and helpful, and it has a lovely bar and fire pit. Would stay again

I arrived after 00:00 because my bus was 4 hours late, so the girl who was still at the reception told me to do the check-in the next morning. for the first night she gave me a bed in a room that wasn¨t the one I had booked. at the check-in they just wanted my passport, they "forgot" to give me a key (I didn´t even know there are till the next day), explain me things and give a sheet with instructions and discounts, also the "bracelet" you get the discounts with. 6 dorm-bath didn¨t have a mirror

Heaven for all the flies in San Pedro! I have never seen so many flies in a bedroom, a kitchen or bathroom, although the areas seemed pretty clean! Hostel decoration is nice, but very boring atmosphere. Hostel employees apparently can't smile or barely say 'hi' if you say so. They'll just answer your question but no extra chat whatsoever. We booked really late and didn't have another option. If you do, choose the other one!

• 21st Feb 2015

Great recommendations for excursions and plans while in San Pedro. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• 17th Feb 2015

Really nice backpacker. You will enjoy the fire and the stars all nights around their bar. Small and cosy place.

Nice hostel with everything you need. A bit out of the centre but that's not a bad thing. They have a bar and a small pool to cool off. Nice outdoor areas.

Good hostel for a few days in San Pedro. Sociable and clean. 2 kitchens so plenty of space to cook. A bit pricey but that's the town in general. My mattress wasn't the most comfortable but other than that no complaints really.

« first « Prev 1 2 3