Backpackers St. Pauli Reviews

Bernstorffstrasse 98, Hamburg, Germany

At first I was a bit concerned about staying in a shared room... My experience staying in Backpackers St. Pauli turned out great! The hostel is clean and comfortable. I recommend you taking medium size bags/luggage so you can easily store it and lock it in the lockers the hostel provides in their rooms. I never felt unsafe or concerned about getting my belongings stolen. The hostel's staff members were kind and very helpful, that made me feel welcomed.

• 5th Feb 2016

Our 3 night stay at Backpackers started strangely as the front desk of the hostel is located in a bar next door. The staff were not nearly as accomodating as other hostels I´ve stayed in. They did not have any options for pub crawls, hostel hangouts, etc. The bed sheets were not clean and the beds were as thin as tissue paper. Our 8-person room had a total of three outlets. They had just a few lockers in the lounmeaning we had to leave our bags out in the open after we checked out.

• 5th Feb 2016

Its a place with a great vibe, we went out with a big group of people from the hostel.. a great experience for sure

• 21st Jan 2016

Gong to Backpackers StPauli was a great choice. The room and bathroom were nice and clean and in the district you can find many good places to eat and party.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Spain

Hostel is OK. A bit small. The best is the good location of it, with some nice bar and restaurants at short walking distance.

We like it small and cosy. ;)

I mostly enjoyed my stay at Backpackers St. Pauli. The feeling of community and family was overwhelming and it seemed that only the best people found their way to this hostel. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The only thing I didn't like is that the guests were very loud coming back to the room every hour of the night, so that I slept quite badly despite of my earplugs. It should be underlined that the rooms are for sleeping and the common room for hanging out. Otherwise I was happy!

Barbies at -7 with bare footed Aussies Best Kitchen of any hostel I have slept in And the fireworks were amazing

Its not the first time i have been here, since the last time the internet has improved, its quite good now. I would just maybe recommend to put electricity plugs for the people that are on top bunks(if possible). Other from this its a very good place to spend some nights. The staff is very helpful and very nice.

Great hostel with huge lockers, big bathrooms with good showers. Kitchen has everything you need and it is all high quality gear. Wifi works well everywhere through the building. The house is was spotless at all times. Met some cool travelers here and big ups to Tanja, John & the rest of the crew!

Nice staff, great atmosphere, good selection of local craft beers. Would definitely stay again.

proper travelers hostel ,great staff ,kitchen,atmosphere,bar and if you go to Hamburg and you don't stay here ......It's your loss

Perfect if you're looking for something homey and intimate where it's easy to make friends. The staff was extremely helpful (even gave us Christmas presents) and provided us with thorough information. Really like the set up of our four person private and the security was legit. No keys, just a code at the front door and bedrooms.

Had a nice stay here. It was very quiet in the lead to up Christmas but atmosphere definitely picked up over our stay. The rooms are quite spacious and you have to pay a deposit of €5 for a key for the lockers. Lockers weren't actually very big and probably wouldn't fit a big backpack, they were probably better suited to electronics and valuables. There is a well equipped kitchen and the cafe does great coffee and a €5 breakfast which was pretty nice. Very close to Reeperbahn and 'hipsterbahn'.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Awesome place. Great staff, super affordable and right amongst the St Pauli suburb. Definitely recommended.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Hostel is pretty cool, not much common space so unless your having a coffee in the Cafe part good luck meeting people not in your room. Area is awesome though St Pauli is best in Hamburg. Staff were kinda not great all the time.

Dear Guest, we provide the common room in the basement with the attached kitchen, where in general everybody shows up for dinnertime and the bar/café which you have already mentioned.

Decent hostel in a good location. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are a little cramped though but other than that not bad.

The only thing was the guy who was checking us in was really slow. Usually I wouldn't be bothered, but we'd been traveling all day before coming to Hamburg and just want to check in asap. I wish you had more staff at the reception because the poor guy was checking us in, attending to other people in the line, answering the phone and making coffee AT THE SAME TIME. Like, he is no superhuman. Plus, I believe he naturally was pretty slow. Oh and please include the cost of sheets in the final price.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Russia

Dear guest, thank you for your stay. Concerning your wishes i must say that the guy you mean is a very precious team member and does not hurry our guests through the check in so everybody gets any information needed. Employing more people means higher prices for beds and we think this is not in the interest of our guests. It is technically not possible to include the bedlinen. Again, we do not earn anything with bedlinen. It covers the costs of cleaning. Please understand. Thank you.

A nice place to spend some nights, only had some issues with the internet, but in the last day that i was there, they were adding more routers, which will fix the problem.

Really nice hostel in a great part of Hamburg. Lots of great restaurants and shopping a short walk away. Lockers were big and really nice. Kitchen was well stocked with tools. Staff was very friendly and the little cafe/bar has great coffee! The one issue was that while I was there they were having some issues with keeping out unwelcome visitors. The rooms are completely secure but the common areas are not as much. One morning there was someone sleeping in the stairwell.

Really cool atmosphere, kitchen and common room facility was great and you had access to a fridge. Staff were super friendly and helpful and it was easy to meet people. Also, the St. Pauli area is one of the coolest parts of Hamburg. Definitely recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3