Backpackers St. Pauli Reviews

Bernstorffstrasse 98, Hamburg, Germany

The hostel is really nice. I can recommend it to anyone who wants to go to Hamburg but especially to those who want to enjoy the nightlife. It is just some walking minutes away from all cool bars and clubs.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The problem with the hostel is that the staff is rough (except the woman with pierced nose). In addition, there is no breakfast and you have to pay.

Dear guest, we just asked you to leave the room because we had our team meeting. These 30 minutes were necessary to organize the hostel work and improve the benefit for our guests. Thank you for understanding.

Highly recommend. There were a lot of lone travellers so it was easy to bond and make new friends - probably the best hostel crew I ever knew! The bar is cheap, wifi is fast and it is easy enough to get around Hamburg.

The staff were helpful but they took some of my camping stuff and hid it in the basement, just leaving a note that it's not allowed in the room. I got it all back, but they could have warned me ahead of time.

This comment shows that you maybe did not get that graffities on the wall do not mean automatically that you are in a "Ghetto". St. Pauli and his alternative lifestyle is of cause not everybodies taste but St. Pauli is far from being ghettoish or poor. Thank you. Sleeping bags and camping gear are not allowed in the rooms. You were asked at arrival if you have this stuff with you. To protect our rooms,the housekeeping locked it s a f e l y away and as you noticed, you got it all back.

Quality hostel. Good location near a couple different underground stops. Within walking distance to cool places to go out. Nice rooms and staff. Would stay again.

I love this hostel! Good location near the Reeperbahn, Amazing Staff!!! (Seriously cannot speak highly enough of the staff here they make this hostel feel like a second home). This was the 4th time i have stayed here since 2011. Rooms are a good size, equally decent sized lockers and clean bathroom. WIFI access in rooms and common areas. Nice little bar you can chill out in and garden. Thanks again for an amazing stay.

Staff are extremely helpful. Location is close to all the great party spots. Beds are quite comfy. Would stay here again.

I wasn't a huge fan of the beds or the rooms... very small and crowded! But, everything was clean, and what really made this place stand out was the staff. I regret not getting her name, but the young German lady who works in the mornings was AMAZINGLY helpful to me. She sat down with me and went through what I should do or avoid, and was just really friendly and nice. Kudos for hiring such a person!

Great hostel, great people, great staff, great location, very clean! I will recommend this hostel to everyone!

Nice staff, clean facilities, a great location if you are looking to find out a bit more about the city than just the churches and bridges.

Overall the stay was good, there was a great atmosphere and good for meeting other travellers. The hostels security is great with codes on the door and secure large lockers. However in the rooms there was a lack of plugs. The hostel location is quite out of the way. Regarding the facilities the kitchen was filthy and was not cleaned and food was stolen from the fridge by drunk people after a night out. The staff were good apart from one member who was very sarcastic and rude.

Thank you very much for your review. About the kitchen. Our Housekeeping clean the kitchen every day. We apologize if this was not meeting your expectations. Please note that all our guests are responsible too for the cleanliness after usage. Sometimes not all of them are adult enough to do so. Please send me an email with details about the incident with one of our teammembers.

I Really liked this hostel and will sure come back. Nice and helpful staff, safe lockers and good wi-fi (even in sleeping Room) Great atmosphere and rooms to hang out and meet people. Perfect for backpackers on their own (or groups). The location is calm but not a far walk away from streets to party, like 10-15min walk.

The staff is simply amazing. Friendly and helpfull. The bar and backyard are good spots to meet people. Perfect for solotravelers. My room had a carpet which isn't that clean, the sheets and bathroom where clean. The area is nice and qiet but also close (5min walk) to the reeperbahn. Would stay there again.

If you're traveling to Hamburg, stay here! Favorite hostel of my three weeks backpacking through Europe. Every staff member we talked to was extremely nice, interesting and helpful (great recommendations, personal stories, and assisted us in booking travel). The hostel could not be better located for St Paulis and the hostel itself has a very fun atmosphere. Hands down, I recommend.

Nice hostel in really cool area. Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere. DELICIOUS soup and toasties in cafe for 2-3€. It was quite hot in the rooms but noisy with window open. Beds were very comfy although mine made heaps if noise when I moved but one else's did. One bathroom between 6 girls wasn't enough. Tiny fridge in kitchen.

• 9th Jul 2014

Dear Guest, thank you very much for the rating and the compliment for our soups and toasties. We apologize for the noise. During your stay we a had a contruction work right in front of our door. We offer free earplugs for our guests during summer so the windows can stay open for a better aircondition. The problem with the bed i told our technician to fix. About the fridge, we have 2. ;)

Great hostel, very glad we booked here. Staff were so friendly - thanks again for the free shots when Germany beat Brazil 7-1!! The hostel has a great atmosphere with the small bar, the kitchen/common room area, and the "beer garden" area outside - we met loads of other travellers. The hostel is in a great location just 5-10 mins from the main student/bar area of Hamburg, and a short bus ride from the main station. Definitely recommended.

Thx mate, it was a pleasure to drink with you. :D

Great staff, friendly and willing to answer any questions! . Location is not great, but a pretty darrn good. It's a no frills sort of place...even for a Hostel.... but more then adequate and a pretty nice place. All of the beds don't have electrical outlets. No storage for a suit case even though they have a pretty large storage room. They do have individual lockers in the rooms that will fit a backpack & a little more. All in all....I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN.

It was a good time there at the Hostel. Good staff. Good furniture. I mean, i absolutely recommend this hostel

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was very nice with the only real problem being that it's a 25 minute walk away from the town centre. It's got a relaxed atmosphere with a large communal space with a pool table and computers. The bar is great and 2 for price on all drinks in happy hour was particularly good. We had good nights sleep and the security was very good as well.

A great backpacker hostel, as the name suggests. Location is not ideal, but pretty good: close to metro station (Reeperbahn). There is no room for leaving your luggage after check out.

Dear guest, thank you for your rating and comment. Guests can leave their luggage in our common room on their own risk, we provide some lockers down there aswell.Due to the small house in total we apologize not to be able to offer more storage.

« first « Prev 1 2 3