Backpackers St. Pauli Reviews

Bernstorffstrasse 98, Hamburg, Germany

Great location close to lots of cute shops and cafés. Staff very friendly and helpful. Only issue that I had was the wifi dropping out while in the dorm room.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • smcgrath14

Good hostel in St. Pauli, one of Hamburg's really cool areas. It was a bit quiet, but I did visit during the off-season, and hey, I slept well. The staff is very knowledgeable and happy to give suggestions or tips; I saw some great things I'd probably have missed otherwise. Large rooms and comfortable beds. There's a lot of good food and drink options in/around St. Pauli (from cheap to not-so-cheap), but you're close to the Reeperbahn, wharf, and the bus if you want to get away. I'd stay again.

Staff people were very kind and helpful

As soon as I walked in the door I got busted for bringing a small sealed tent and a sleeping bag. That is the specialty of this hostel. If the hostel owner is concerned that I would be tempted to pitch a tent and crack out my sleeping bag in my room rather than sleep on the bed the hostel must be really cold with a leaking roof?? Luckily it wasn't. At least the Wifi didn't suck.

Thank you very much for understanding the hostel rules. As a Globetrotter you might know why we don't want sleeping bags and camping gear in our rooms. But your style of review showed us, you don't. Btw. when should we ask you about this if not at check-in?

Really enjoyed my stay here! Great friendly staff and very helpfull. Rooms were nice and clean and had lockers and a balcony. Would definitely stay here again!

An Amazing place with friendly staff. I made friends and found my new favourite city. I was welcomed into the community even though my german is waaaaaay below nothing. I'll be back in the spring :) Love Y

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Y, we can't wait for spring :D Thanks for entertaining us. :)

It's aight!

One of the best hostels that I have every stayed at. Super cool staff and awesome location. One must try the home made pumpkin soup. "Num num num"

I had a fantastic stay in St. Pauli! The staff were great as we wanted to find a few good bars and they helped very well, the area is brilliant full of shops and great bars. The only problems we had were in the area not many speak English, and the hostel doesn't really do breakfast. But they do have a good kitchen and there is a great coffee shop just down the road from the hostel. Will defo be back.

Seemingly out of the way, once you settle in a Backpackers St Pauli you realsie what a wonderful area this is to explore, day or night, and how well served by the public buses. Greeat cafes and food halls nearby, and just a short walk from the Reeperbahn area - but far enough away that the noise is completely unnoticeable. Lovely bar/courtyard area, and right across the road from one of the coolest cinemas - Studio Kino. Would defintely stay again

Despite not being in the city center, the transports (especially the bus) are close to the hostel, and has a supermarket nearby. The rooms looked clean, as well the bathrooms. The bar and the lounge areas had a good atmosphere. The only downside was the check out time, because my friends and I needed to catch the bus really early and we didn't notice the check out was only from 8am and that we could do it the night before. By the way, the documentary they were shooting was about what? thanks!

Nice small locally run hostel in heart of St pauli. Not far from train or a walk to the centre either. Manager is local and knows her stuff. There is a good array of local craft beers available at the bar.Kitchen small but usable. Small, cosy and would stay again.

The location is great and close to many restaurants and bars. The owner is friendly. The beds are comfortable. I would stay again.

I really enjoyed my stay here, would stay again if I travel through Hamburg again. perfect location for night life as was 5-10min walk from two different night spots. less than 30min from centre. only problem I had was the locking mechanism on the door isn't the greatest and broke during my stay and no staff on site meaning I had to wake up other stayers at 330am to get into my room which makes me look like a bad guy. I saw that each day the rooms got cleaned which is always a plus.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review. We always have working locks but it seems you just entered the code 3 times wrong, so it started blinking red. Patience for about 2 minutes solves the problem. ;)

Hmmm ... 71% seems harsh. It's a good hostel without being amazing. Staff a little abrupt and not much atmosphere when I was there, but maybe that was just that time? Foam mattresses not amazing but I've slept on worse. No real complaints but I would try elsewhere next time.

Yes you are right. 71% is not the best rating and not what we are aiming and working for. Unfortunately your comment about the atmosphere is worded in general terms. The hostel was nearly full and people come together in the bar, backyard or common room for making plans for the night or just chats and drinks. Foam mattresses are the most easy to clean and most guests are happy with them. For the abrupt staff members i apologize. Maybe you arrived in a very busy moment.

Great hostel. But grungy but at the same time clean facilities. Nice common room, met some great people. 10 minute walk from all the bars and clubs and 5 mins from a supermarket. Highly rrccomeneded

• 28th Aug 2014

The staff were extremely helpful. I much preferred staying in St Pauli than central Hamburg (where I stayed last time). Rooms are clean. There is also a common room & small bar which is helpful if travelling alone and if you want to meet other travellers. The area definitely has character.

Great hostel close to the Hamburg Reeperbahn. This is good for a night out but not so convenient for visiting the regular city centre. The rooms where good and the common room was a good place to meet people. The staff was friendly and we loved the checkout time of 12:00 :D We really enjoyed our stay in Hamburg!

Very nice people and a great location if you're looking to party. Not the most central if you're looking to do Tourism near the harbour or the central station.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment. Our hostel is located in the residential of St. Pauli, which is one of the touristic attractions of Hamburg. The harbour is 15 minutes walking distance away and the city center, which is mostly shopping area can be reached by bus within 12 minutes. The bus stop ist 5 minutes walking distance away.

The hostel was ok. The location was far enough away from the metro station that I did not feel too safe walking back at night. I prefer if a hostel is closer to public transportation, even if not in the center of town. I can't say too much about the atmosphere since I wasn't there much, but I did like that there were ensuite bathrooms.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. Our hostel is located in the residential area of St. Pauli. A residential area is of course not so lively as the area around a metro station but therefore it is quiet and you can sleep ;) By the way: The bus stop is just 5 minutes walking distance away and the bus runs every 5-10 minutes ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4