Backpackers St. Pauli Reviews

Bernstorffstrasse 98, Hamburg, Germany

It was a very nice hostel with a chill, alternative vibe. Very clean, although the rooms were a bit small and it would be nice to have a separate toilet and shower in the room. Good location too, right in the middle of St. Pauli and easily accessible by metro. Overall really enjoyed my stay!

real nice place/ just too bad they put the price up for friday and saturday ...

Thank you for your comment. You may have noticed that all hostels in Hamburg put their prices up for the weekend. We are not the only one...but still one of the cheapest.

The staff is very helpful and kind. The location is good because you just need to take a quick bus to be in the city centre. Although in the night that I spend there, one of the heaters wasn't working and they said that they couldn't fix in the night. But the staff gave me one more cover.

• 26th Mar 2015

It was awesome! Great facilities, friendly and open environment! I really enjoyed the staff and the plugs next to the bed. Would do again.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Thank you very much for staying at Backpackers St. Pauli. :)

At first I got surprised because the reception is actually a bar, but then you get used to it. It's really close to the partying part of Hamburg. It's an average hostel with nice people staying in :)

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. Yes our reception is combined with our café/bar, which creates a nice atmosphere. Regarding to your rating please tell us next time directly when something does not meet your expectations so we can react. Thank you and regards Tanja Bahr Hostelmanager

Good hostel in an interesting location. Nice staff, nice kitchen with valuable basics provided.

Thank you very much for your review, we highly apprechiate your opinion about our hostel. :)

Nice place to stay. Not far from Reepherbahn, when you are in Hamburg for a night out. The hostel has a nice little bar, where you enjoy all that you need.

Thank you for staying again at Backpackers St. Pauli. Sad, that we did not had the time for the Hokkaido Twin Ale. ;)

I recently visited Hamburg and myself and my 2 amigos stayed at St. Pauli Hostel. We were all very impressed. Amazing for location as it’s around a 10 minute stroll to the Reeperbahn, very friendly staff and the lovely lady (Whose name I can’t recall right now) recommended some really cool music venues and a few bands to check out too. Very reasonably priced, clean and a great place to stay. (",)

• 4th Mar 2015

Hi there. Thank you for your review. The lovely lady is Bea - our breakfastqueen. :D

Awesome place to stay :-)

• 27th Feb 2015
  • China

Awesome guest, who stayed with us!!!! ;)

Clean, cosy, friendly, knowledgable staff. Excellent location.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

Thank you very much for your stay and your comment. We would be happy to welcome you another day. :)

Really good!!

Thank you!!! :)

Make sure you arrive when reception is open!!!! My train got delayed and I ended up arriving after reception closed and was totally locked out if the hostel! Luckily I got let inside by someone else staying there, and we contacted the owners (who sorted everything out and were super kind). But very nice hostel, in a really cool area

We apologise that we couldn't be of any further help to you on that evening, and thank you for your comment. In winter we close at 10pm, we tell our guests to check-in no later than 8pm, so that should they believe they will arrive later, we have 2 hours leeway, and should they believe they will not make our reception times at all, we can make alternative arrangements with them, so that they can enter the hostel by themselves.

Heady. Far enough away from the grim Reeperbahn to remove yourself but still within walking distance. Boom.

The hostel is located on a great streetin the St. Pauli neighborhood of Hamburg. The room was great, staff was very friendly and a good social atmosphere. I wanted to go to a punk show and the staff directed me towards a super local concert in an okupa. I had a great time. The rooms were clean, beds comfy, showers warm and clean. The beers were a little expensive but they were also a-typical craft beers from Hamburg, so you get what you pay for -- Good Beer. I would love to go back!

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Puerto Rico

We would love to welcome you back here. There is much more which you could like. :)

Good place to stay and meet new people. Free wifi. I recommend!

Great Hostel, visited over Christmas and there were only a few of us there but everyone took advantage of the great common room it was a really cozy chill environment. Staff were very friendly, even when we didn't leave the kitchen all that clean one day (sorry). Downside was walking there alone late at night was a little worrisome my first night but it was easy enough to find. Kitchen really needs more equipment and the foosball table should be free for the small size of the hostel.

No problem, i loved your x-mas tree made of becks bottles. Made me laugh. The kitchen is renovated now and way more professional. Foosball table is unfortunately not ours, so the 50 Cent per game cover rent and maintainance. Sorry.

Brilliant place with a great vibe. Extremely happy with my stay. I will definitely be back at some point!

• 8th Dec 2014

Cheers! And we are happy that you stayed at Backpackers St. Pauli!! :)

We really liked the staff at this hostel, especially the lady with short blond hair that usually occupied the desk during the day, was very friendly! We stayed during the winter so not only this hostel but most other hostels in Europe are quiet. I can definitely see this place has a lot of potential for summer! Nice hangout area down the bottom. My ONLY criticism is that there was only one shower to share between our floor of 10 people, not a major issue though. Definitely recommend.

In a seemingly quiet neighborhood but it's about a 10-5 minute walk to Reeperbahn. Staff ranged from polite to superfriendly. They don't use keys, they use codes for doors which can be problematic for those of us who can't remember codes or can't keep bits of scrap paper. Bathrooms in the dorms so you don't have to compete with an entire floor for time.

Thank you very much for your comment. It helps to take a picture with the smartphone to be safe. ;)

Great hostel. I'd highly recommend it. Very helpful staff.

Great guests help to create a great hostel too. Thx for staying with us and thx for the review!! :) :) :)