Backpackers St. Pauli Reviews

Bernstorffstrasse 98, Hamburg, Germany

Great hostel! The staff was very helpful with all my questions, they recommended restaurants and places to go! Only thing is i didn't return my key the night before and their reception doesn't open until 8, so i lost my key deposit. They should have longer reception.

• 21st Jun 2015

I know hostels are cheap for a reason but they still should be clean. The radiator by the window was completely filled with dust, it was really gross. But the lady who worked at the hostel was really friendly!

Dear guest, thank you for your review. This always help us to improve our standard. I have checked in which room you stayed and advised the housekeeping to clean that radiator immediately. But please again: Let us know while you are staying when something is wrong. Whatever it is, give us the chance to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Thanks. :) regards Tanja

Nice lobby-bar. Helpful and friendly staff.

It was the second time I stayed in this hostel. Everything is perfect. Also, the staff is very friendly. When I visit Hamburg again, I will definitely stay here again. Thanks!

Very nice place. The staff were very friendly and I had good conversations with them.

My friend had a really hard time with all of the dust that was in our room. She spent a lot of the time coughing.

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. Your room had a window towards the street. Even with everyday cleaning and after the removal of the carpets we cannot guarantee that there will be no dust at all. We apologize that your friend did not feel comfortable and hope she is well again. best regards Tanja Bahr Hostelmanager

Staff were blunt and the area seemed to be dodgy but actual hostel is great and a nice stay

A very nice hostel, dorm rooms slightly cramped but clean and comfortable. Private bathroom was nice. Staff were helpful locating a lost item. St Pauli area is very lively.

Great place to stay in Hamburg! Bathrooms are very clean! The hostel is located in a great neighborhood. Would definitely reccomend this place.

Great hostel overall, good location, clean building.

Friendly, helpful, great location in a quieter bit of St Pauli, but only a stones throw from Reeperbahn.

The hostel has good conditions, our 8-dorm was nice, very clean, however there isn't much space. It can get hard to get ready in the morning if it's full. We had a bathroom in our dorm, but there is no shared one, so it gets messy. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hostel has a nice atmosphere with the backyard garden. The location is a bit far from the center, but close to night life, 15min walk. Nevertheless, you're 8min walking from the metro station and transportation is cheap

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

nice place with a nice outside sitting place, helpful staff and good rooms

At the hub of the party - you won't miss much when you're staying there, as staff will tell you where things do happen. Thank you for having me!

Cheap accommodation in the middle of St. Pauli. I think there isn't a better opportunity to stay in Hamburg for a city trip. Nice helpful staff and big rooms. I liked it!

Great place. Fun side of town, but ended up staying in the hostel and chatting with cool people from all over the world. Nice patio with grill, local micro brews in the fridge. Had a very nice experience.

Thank you for staying with us. :)

I was given a security code for my room door though I didn't even work, other rooms it might work but mine didn't. Staff are nice, the hostel has a good atmosphere and rooms are very spacious and beds are comfortable. Location is okay.

Thank you for your review. About your problem. Please tell us directly when you have a problem, so we can react. We checked the door codes and everything worked fine. best regards Tanja

I liked the stay, and I will come back!

Great! You're always welcome! best regards Tanja Hostelmanager

Location mear Reepabahn was ok but a little bit far from public transport(like 15min walk to bus station or S-Bahn). Shower in my room was really good. It was difficult to make the bed on the upper bunk since the bed was quite high. They could keep your luggage after check-out. It was not a room but just the open area outside kitchen. Generally, I had a nice stay. Thanks

• 27th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Dear guest, thank you for your review. Actually the way to the bus stop is just 5 minutes from our hostel away. The S-Bahn and U-Bahn 10 minutes walking distance. The bunk beds are high, so the guest on the lower bunkbed can sit upright without banging their head all the time. Nevertheless i admit to put the sheet on the upper bed is a kind of sport but the pillow and the duvet is more easy. ;)

Loved it here the guys that run it have really got it right. Great hostel, great location and the team couldn't be better!

« first « Prev 1 2 3