Backpackers St. Pauli Reviews

Bernstorffstrasse 98, Hamburg, Germany

Great hostel. But grungy but at the same time clean facilities. Nice common room, met some great people. 10 minute walk from all the bars and clubs and 5 mins from a supermarket. Highly rrccomeneded

• 28th Aug 2014

Great hostel close to the Hamburg Reeperbahn. This is good for a night out but not so convenient for visiting the regular city centre. The rooms where good and the common room was a good place to meet people. The staff was friendly and we loved the checkout time of 12:00 :D We really enjoyed our stay in Hamburg!

Very nice people and a great location if you're looking to party. Not the most central if you're looking to do Tourism near the harbour or the central station.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment. Our hostel is located in the residential of St. Pauli, which is one of the touristic attractions of Hamburg. The harbour is 15 minutes walking distance away and the city center, which is mostly shopping area can be reached by bus within 12 minutes. The bus stop ist 5 minutes walking distance away.

The hostel was ok. The location was far enough away from the metro station that I did not feel too safe walking back at night. I prefer if a hostel is closer to public transportation, even if not in the center of town. I can't say too much about the atmosphere since I wasn't there much, but I did like that there were ensuite bathrooms.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. Our hostel is located in the residential area of St. Pauli. A residential area is of course not so lively as the area around a metro station but therefore it is quiet and you can sleep ;) By the way: The bus stop is just 5 minutes walking distance away and the bus runs every 5-10 minutes ;)

A very nice hostel with nice personnel and a great atmosphere. Its location is a bit far from public transport, but nearby the nightlife (Reeperbahn) and streets with cafes and restaurants. The room and bathroom was quite clean, aside from a few dusty spots. It's also quite peaceful at night. The rooms are not soundproof though, so whenever there are still people at late hours I would recommend bringing earplugs.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. The next public transportation (bus) you'll find in 5 minutes walking distance. This bus runs frequently every 5-10 minutes into the city centre. Earplugs are available at the reception.

This is a very nice hostel. Its not to big and is nearby the Reeperbahn which is the place for the nightlife. Some people said its in a bad neighborhood but thats not the case. I never had or heard of any trouble their or in the hostel. In fact there is a excellent italian restaurant and a restaurant called Mr kebab nearby both with good prices. Go there and see for yourself.

Thank you very much for your comment and come back soon please. :)

The hostel is really nice. I can recommend it to anyone who wants to go to Hamburg but especially to those who want to enjoy the nightlife. It is just some walking minutes away from all cool bars and clubs.

The problem with the hostel is that the staff is rough (except the woman with pierced nose). In addition, there is no breakfast and you have to pay.

Dear guest, we just asked you to leave the room because we had our team meeting. These 30 minutes were necessary to organize the hostel work and improve the benefit for our guests. Thank you for understanding.

Highly recommend. There were a lot of lone travellers so it was easy to bond and make new friends - probably the best hostel crew I ever knew! The bar is cheap, wifi is fast and it is easy enough to get around Hamburg.

The staff were helpful but they took some of my camping stuff and hid it in the basement, just leaving a note that it's not allowed in the room. I got it all back, but they could have warned me ahead of time.

This comment shows that you maybe did not get that graffities on the wall do not mean automatically that you are in a "Ghetto". St. Pauli and his alternative lifestyle is of cause not everybodies taste but St. Pauli is far from being ghettoish or poor. Thank you. Sleeping bags and camping gear are not allowed in the rooms. You were asked at arrival if you have this stuff with you. To protect our rooms,the housekeeping locked it s a f e l y away and as you noticed, you got it all back.

Quality hostel. Good location near a couple different underground stops. Within walking distance to cool places to go out. Nice rooms and staff. Would stay again.

Really nice hostel for meeting others! A good bar and outdoor area to drink their craft beers, which is wonderful after only having boring German beer for weeks on end. In the St. Pauli neighborhood (obviously) which is the most interesting and liveable part of Hamburg. Staff organizes events most nights which at times draw a good crowd of people who aren't staying at the hostel. Noise curfew at 10ish . Good beds and faculties, the only minor complaint was our bathroom had bad ventilation.

I love this hostel! Good location near the Reeperbahn, Amazing Staff!!! (Seriously cannot speak highly enough of the staff here they make this hostel feel like a second home). This was the 4th time i have stayed here since 2011. Rooms are a good size, equally decent sized lockers and clean bathroom. WIFI access in rooms and common areas. Nice little bar you can chill out in and garden. Thanks again for an amazing stay.

Staff are extremely helpful. Location is close to all the great party spots. Beds are quite comfy. Would stay here again.

I wasn't a huge fan of the beds or the rooms... very small and crowded! But, everything was clean, and what really made this place stand out was the staff. I regret not getting her name, but the young German lady who works in the mornings was AMAZINGLY helpful to me. She sat down with me and went through what I should do or avoid, and was just really friendly and nice. Kudos for hiring such a person!

Great hostel, great people, great staff, great location, very clean! I will recommend this hostel to everyone!

Nice staff, clean facilities, a great location if you are looking to find out a bit more about the city than just the churches and bridges.

Overall the stay was good, there was a great atmosphere and good for meeting other travellers. The hostels security is great with codes on the door and secure large lockers. However in the rooms there was a lack of plugs. The hostel location is quite out of the way. Regarding the facilities the kitchen was filthy and was not cleaned and food was stolen from the fridge by drunk people after a night out. The staff were good apart from one member who was very sarcastic and rude.

Thank you very much for your review. About the kitchen. Our Housekeeping clean the kitchen every day. We apologize if this was not meeting your expectations. Please note that all our guests are responsible too for the cleanliness after usage. Sometimes not all of them are adult enough to do so. Please send me an email with details about the incident with one of our teammembers.

I Really liked this hostel and will sure come back. Nice and helpful staff, safe lockers and good wi-fi (even in sleeping Room) Great atmosphere and rooms to hang out and meet people. Perfect for backpackers on their own (or groups). The location is calm but not a far walk away from streets to party, like 10-15min walk.

The staff is simply amazing. Friendly and helpfull. The bar and backyard are good spots to meet people. Perfect for solotravelers. My room had a carpet which isn't that clean, the sheets and bathroom where clean. The area is nice and qiet but also close (5min walk) to the reeperbahn. Would stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3