Backpackers St. Pauli Reviews

Bernstorffstrasse 98, Hamburg, Germany

It's aight!

I had a fantastic stay in St. Pauli! The staff were great as we wanted to find a few good bars and they helped very well, the area is brilliant full of shops and great bars. The only problems we had were in the area not many speak English, and the hostel doesn't really do breakfast. But they do have a good kitchen and there is a great coffee shop just down the road from the hostel. Will defo be back.

Seemingly out of the way, once you settle in a Backpackers St Pauli you realsie what a wonderful area this is to explore, day or night, and how well served by the public buses. Greeat cafes and food halls nearby, and just a short walk from the Reeperbahn area - but far enough away that the noise is completely unnoticeable. Lovely bar/courtyard area, and right across the road from one of the coolest cinemas - Studio Kino. Would defintely stay again

Despite not being in the city center, the transports (especially the bus) are close to the hostel, and has a supermarket nearby. The rooms looked clean, as well the bathrooms. The bar and the lounge areas had a good atmosphere. The only downside was the check out time, because my friends and I needed to catch the bus really early and we didn't notice the check out was only from 8am and that we could do it the night before. By the way, the documentary they were shooting was about what? thanks!

Nice small locally run hostel in heart of St pauli. Not far from train or a walk to the centre either. Manager is local and knows her stuff. There is a good array of local craft beers available at the bar.Kitchen small but usable. Small, cosy and would stay again.

The location is great and close to many restaurants and bars. The owner is friendly. The beds are comfortable. I would stay again.

I really enjoyed my stay here, would stay again if I travel through Hamburg again. perfect location for night life as was 5-10min walk from two different night spots. less than 30min from centre. only problem I had was the locking mechanism on the door isn't the greatest and broke during my stay and no staff on site meaning I had to wake up other stayers at 330am to get into my room which makes me look like a bad guy. I saw that each day the rooms got cleaned which is always a plus.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review. We always have working locks but it seems you just entered the code 3 times wrong, so it started blinking red. Patience for about 2 minutes solves the problem. ;)

Hmmm ... 71% seems harsh. It's a good hostel without being amazing. Staff a little abrupt and not much atmosphere when I was there, but maybe that was just that time? Foam mattresses not amazing but I've slept on worse. No real complaints but I would try elsewhere next time.

Yes you are right. 71% is not the best rating and not what we are aiming and working for. Unfortunately your comment about the atmosphere is worded in general terms. The hostel was nearly full and people come together in the bar, backyard or common room for making plans for the night or just chats and drinks. Foam mattresses are the most easy to clean and most guests are happy with them. For the abrupt staff members i apologize. Maybe you arrived in a very busy moment.

Great hostel. But grungy but at the same time clean facilities. Nice common room, met some great people. 10 minute walk from all the bars and clubs and 5 mins from a supermarket. Highly rrccomeneded

• 28th Aug 2014

The staff were extremely helpful. I much preferred staying in St Pauli than central Hamburg (where I stayed last time). Rooms are clean. There is also a common room & small bar which is helpful if travelling alone and if you want to meet other travellers. The area definitely has character.

Great hostel close to the Hamburg Reeperbahn. This is good for a night out but not so convenient for visiting the regular city centre. The rooms where good and the common room was a good place to meet people. The staff was friendly and we loved the checkout time of 12:00 :D We really enjoyed our stay in Hamburg!

Very nice people and a great location if you're looking to party. Not the most central if you're looking to do Tourism near the harbour or the central station.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment. Our hostel is located in the residential of St. Pauli, which is one of the touristic attractions of Hamburg. The harbour is 15 minutes walking distance away and the city center, which is mostly shopping area can be reached by bus within 12 minutes. The bus stop ist 5 minutes walking distance away.

The hostel was ok. The location was far enough away from the metro station that I did not feel too safe walking back at night. I prefer if a hostel is closer to public transportation, even if not in the center of town. I can't say too much about the atmosphere since I wasn't there much, but I did like that there were ensuite bathrooms.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. Our hostel is located in the residential area of St. Pauli. A residential area is of course not so lively as the area around a metro station but therefore it is quiet and you can sleep ;) By the way: The bus stop is just 5 minutes walking distance away and the bus runs every 5-10 minutes ;)

A very nice hostel with nice personnel and a great atmosphere. Its location is a bit far from public transport, but nearby the nightlife (Reeperbahn) and streets with cafes and restaurants. The room and bathroom was quite clean, aside from a few dusty spots. It's also quite peaceful at night. The rooms are not soundproof though, so whenever there are still people at late hours I would recommend bringing earplugs.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. The next public transportation (bus) you'll find in 5 minutes walking distance. This bus runs frequently every 5-10 minutes into the city centre. Earplugs are available at the reception.

This is a very nice hostel. Its not to big and is nearby the Reeperbahn which is the place for the nightlife. Some people said its in a bad neighborhood but thats not the case. I never had or heard of any trouble their or in the hostel. In fact there is a excellent italian restaurant and a restaurant called Mr kebab nearby both with good prices. Go there and see for yourself.

Thank you very much for your comment and come back soon please. :)

The hostel is really nice. I can recommend it to anyone who wants to go to Hamburg but especially to those who want to enjoy the nightlife. It is just some walking minutes away from all cool bars and clubs.

The problem with the hostel is that the staff is rough (except the woman with pierced nose). In addition, there is no breakfast and you have to pay.

Dear guest, we just asked you to leave the room because we had our team meeting. These 30 minutes were necessary to organize the hostel work and improve the benefit for our guests. Thank you for understanding.

Highly recommend. There were a lot of lone travellers so it was easy to bond and make new friends - probably the best hostel crew I ever knew! The bar is cheap, wifi is fast and it is easy enough to get around Hamburg.

The staff were helpful but they took some of my camping stuff and hid it in the basement, just leaving a note that it's not allowed in the room. I got it all back, but they could have warned me ahead of time.

Really enjoyed my time here, great location if you're looking to explore the more alternative a funky neighbourhoods in Hamburg and hit the Reeperbahn at night!

« first « Prev 1 2 3