Backpackers St. Pauli Reviews

Bernstorffstrasse 98, Hamburg, Germany

There was no table in my room which was a bit inconvenient when tidying things.

Great hostel, staff are super friendly and helpful. Slightly annoying that I had to pay for minimum 2 nights when I was only staying for 1. However I would stay again.

It's a nice place. I like my stay there because it is close to everything like Reeperbahn.

Amazing hostel, awesome staff, comfy beds! The bathrooms were hotel quality, and my dorm room even had a balcony. There is a fully equipped kitchen so you can cook whatever you like in the lovely common room and chat to other guests. Wifi works ALL OVER the hostel which was impressive. And there is a nice outdoor area with tables and a BBQ place. Probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in....

• 7th Mar 2014

great hostel with great people from all over the world!!

• 6th Mar 2014

The hostel is situated in a nice area, close to Reeperbahn where all the night life is. The staff is really nice and helpful.I think that the codes to the rooms should be changed when someone leaves the hostel, or this kind of security system should be thought in a better way. If I would leave the hostel today and came back the next day, I could easily get into the room where I used to be accommodated...this is just a suggestion. If/when I'll go back to Hamburg, I think I'll go there again. :)

Dear Guest, thank you for your comment. We change the codes in unsteady intervasl so you can't be sure to enter easily the hostel again. ;)

Hostel is located 20 min walk from center town but very simple to get there. You also have two metro lines about a 5 min walk away. The rooms are great and clean and the kitchen in the basement is decent. It's got all the basics plus great lounging. There weren't a ton of people hanging around the first night but the bar had a band paying the second night and it was good fun. Great bang for your buck and would definitely stay there again

I really enjoyed my time at this hostel. I have no complaints, and I am definitely staying there again next time! I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to experience the real Hamburg, with staff this fun you're guaranteed to have a good time :)

Nice place

The bathroom is clean and it is quiet. The location is great, near to a lot of bars.

Super friendly staff, pointed us in the right direction for bars, markets etc. Would definitely stay again!

• 7th Dec 2013

It was ok

me and my friend paid service fee online, and when we arrived there, they don't admit, so we paid double price. it sucks, we felt really really bad about that. i won't trust hostelworld anymore.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

Dear Guest, we have already explained this to you at check in, but i am happy to have the opportunity to explain it in public again: Your price at Hostelworld was stated with 20.50 EUR, so you paid 2.05 EUR to Hostelworld directly. 18.45 EUR which is the balance after that is the price per bed WITHOUT BED LINEN. (As announced here on Hostelworld, we charge 2.50 EUR for a 3 piece set of bed linen) 18.45 + 2.50 =20.95 EUR. You did not pay double at all. Regards, Tanja Bahr, Hostelmanager

Very clean and secure in the rooms. Nice and quite. Down a dark alley which is annoying when travelling by yourself. The reception only opened late at 9.00am, so make sure to tell them if you leave early so you can get your key refund

Dear guest, you were staying during low season where we always reduce our opening times. These times are announced on the door and every guest gets this information at check-in aswell. Besides we give the information that you can use a locker in the lounge in case you are leaving earlier.

Bar & cafe was good, our room was comfortable. Close to lots of cafes, restaurants and the reeperbahn but quiet at night so you can sleep

with 7 friends we took a dorm with 8 beds. so perfect for us. very good price. the room relatively comfortable. Bathroom clean just next to our door. The staff was friendly and professional. Quiet and calm location but only ten mins walk from Reperbahn and Schanzenviertel. so in the middle between bars restaurants and club area. we easily found parking spot close to hotel. Metro station about 15 mins by walk. An interesting bar included in the lobby. A pithy it closes at 21.

• 17th Nov 2013

Very good hostel, very good staff.

• 15th Nov 2013

Stuff very helpfull and friendly. Very good hostel.

I really liked this place. It would be nice if the bar was open late. I definitely will come back on my next trip to hamburg. The decoration in the lounge was really cool also.

All-around a pleasant hostel experience

• 3rd Nov 2013