Backpackers Sunset Reviews

Rodovia Jornalista Manoel Menezes, 631, Praia Mole, Florianopolis, Brazil

The staff and the people were amazing! We had such a great time in there and met with lots of new people! It was secure and the staff helped us with everything. The view was also magnificent. I definitely recommend.

I had a great time!

• 17th Aug 2015

Best hostel of Brazil. The staff are very polite and helpful except by the reception desk girl Amanda thats mistreated me saying i'm not welcome even knowing that i'm a frequent hosteler at Backpackers Sunset. She said im unwelcome because i choose to extend my trip, she dont like people with money to spent, she prefers seeing people leaving the Hostel. Another problem girl is Patricia of bedroom cleaning thats also doesn't have capacity to act politely and prefers to think that we are beggars.

Pros: The hostel definitely had an amazing view . The location was good - 5 minutes to the beach, 10 minutes to bars/restuarants and 30 mintues to Lagoa centre. Good atmosphere and parties/day trips offered most days - great for solo travellers! Cons: The food and drink at the bar is a a little expensive. I found sharing a bathroom with 14 people difficult as the bathroom got dirty very quickly compared to other hostels I have stayed in.

Wonderful view and near one of the best beaches in Florianopolis. Good breakfast and cleaned rooms but bed linen full of holes.

Hello Pietro, thanks for your review! We sorry about the linen with holes..a part of recently we bought new linen, this old chick one showed up and we have already removed this one and others linens wth any damages. Safe travels!

Great location, helping and good english speaking staff, very beautiful location with a nice bar...breakfast is located in that bar with amazing view over the lagoon! Very good breakfast with good bread, cheese, meat, fruits and cake :-) Good start in the day:-) Negativ: Kitchen is not well equiped. But we would book definitely again!!!

Great hostel. Good location, nice facilities and the plus (and what a plus) of an awesome view. The staff is very nice and helpful. I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

Our time there was nice! Though we would suggest to put some table together in the bar, it would be easier to meet people that way since we would be oblige to seat together :)

The greatest selling point for this hostel is the view - a stunning position overlooking the lagoon and mountains. The location is more difficult if you want to visit town regularly for dinner and drinks... but doable. On the other hand, the hostel is a quick walk to Mole beach which is a beautiful place, a must visit! The staff were friendly and spoke pretty good english. The rooms were lovely and the bar area is pretty big too. Plus the food is delicious!! Recommended!!

It's a very good hostel, good location and a lot of young people.

• 18th Apr 2015

The best view is from the top room!

• 14th Apr 2015

We had a great stay at this hostel: the room (Honeymoon-Suite) was very cool with a nice terrace and a beautiful view. The staff was kind and helpful, the location is perfect. What we liked best was that the Hostel-Team organizes day trips or special evenings and events for all hostel-guests. If we ever go back to Florianopolis we will definitely book a room at Sunset Backpackers again :-)

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Austria

There are no hotels or hostels with the same view in Florianopolis, even the best hotel of Jurere Internacional Il Campanario that's a billion dollars scenario can't beat that view and location of Backpackers Sunset between Lagoa da Conceicao and Praia Mole. The hostel is owned and managed by Junior, a very experient hosteler with over 10 years of hostel management. The best pizzas of Florianopolis and a private brewery Elementum are signs that this place is unforgettable. 10 in 10.

The rooms have an amazing view from Lagoa da Conceição and the hostel is located near from the most agitated area of the city (at night). The staff are helpful and the hostel offer lunch for those days when you are too lazy to eat out. Excellent cost-benefit.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Beautiful surroundings, nice atmosphere en best view in town. Staff was extremely helpful when I had some trouble booking my bus ticket to Iguazu. Thanks!!

A decent walk to the town and beach. Though, the hostel itself is self-sustainable with its own bar and restaurant. Great, friendly staff to serve you drinks and guide you. Environment is conducive for socializing and meeting new folks.

i didn't enjoy my stay here, mostly because I didn't go party. I couldn't sleep at night because of the noise. I never cooked in the kitchen, because it wasn't too clean. They kept the one bathroom (for 12 people) quite clean, though.

Hey Apolla, thanks for your review! Sleeping in a 12 bed dorm, even if you don't party, can be more difficult to sleep, due to number of people. But we will make sure our night security keep the control to avoid noise at night. For the guest kitchen, we clean it 3 times a day, but unfortunatly other fellow guests didn't care of them, letting them dirty untill next day, so we need the cooperation of everyone to keep it clean. Safe travels

Great place to spend a few days. I originally booked for 4 days and ended up staying 10. The staff is awesome and the overall feel is relaxed and fun. Definitely stay here if you can!

• 14th Mar 2015

We firstly stayed there for 4 nights but extended our stay for another 3 more nights. The staff, the atmosphere and all the people we have met there was amazing. They hostel had so many things to offer every day (daytrips and so on) and the bar was pretty awesome to hang out and meet new people. The room was clean as well. The best was, that you could only walk 5 minutes and you were already at the beach. We enjoyed it a lot and will definitely come back one day. Cheers David & Jan

View all Florianopolis Hostels