Backpackers Sunset Reviews

Rodovia Jornalista Manoel Menezes, 631, Praia Mole, Florianopolis, Brazil

Great hostel. Good location, nice facilities and the plus (and what a plus) of an awesome view. The staff is very nice and helpful. I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

Our time there was nice! Though we would suggest to put some table together in the bar, it would be easier to meet people that way since we would be oblige to seat together :)

The greatest selling point for this hostel is the view - a stunning position overlooking the lagoon and mountains. The location is more difficult if you want to visit town regularly for dinner and drinks... but doable. On the other hand, the hostel is a quick walk to Mole beach which is a beautiful place, a must visit! The staff were friendly and spoke pretty good english. The rooms were lovely and the bar area is pretty big too. Plus the food is delicious!! Recommended!!

It's a very good hostel, good location and a lot of young people.

• 18th Apr 2015

The best view is from the top room!

• 14th Apr 2015

We had a great stay at this hostel: the room (Honeymoon-Suite) was very cool with a nice terrace and a beautiful view. The staff was kind and helpful, the location is perfect. What we liked best was that the Hostel-Team organizes day trips or special evenings and events for all hostel-guests. If we ever go back to Florianopolis we will definitely book a room at Sunset Backpackers again :-)

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Austria

There are no hotels or hostels with the same view in Florianopolis, even the best hotel of Jurere Internacional Il Campanario that's a billion dollars scenario can't beat that view and location of Backpackers Sunset between Lagoa da Conceicao and Praia Mole. The hostel is owned and managed by Junior, a very experient hosteler with over 10 years of hostel management. The best pizzas of Florianopolis and a private brewery Elementum are signs that this place is unforgettable. 10 in 10.

The rooms have an amazing view from Lagoa da Conceição and the hostel is located near from the most agitated area of the city (at night). The staff are helpful and the hostel offer lunch for those days when you are too lazy to eat out. Excellent cost-benefit.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Beautiful surroundings, nice atmosphere en best view in town. Staff was extremely helpful when I had some trouble booking my bus ticket to Iguazu. Thanks!!

i didn't enjoy my stay here, mostly because I didn't go party. I couldn't sleep at night because of the noise. I never cooked in the kitchen, because it wasn't too clean. They kept the one bathroom (for 12 people) quite clean, though.

Hey Apolla, thanks for your review! Sleeping in a 12 bed dorm, even if you don't party, can be more difficult to sleep, due to number of people. But we will make sure our night security keep the control to avoid noise at night. For the guest kitchen, we clean it 3 times a day, but unfortunatly other fellow guests didn't care of them, letting them dirty untill next day, so we need the cooperation of everyone to keep it clean. Safe travels

Great place to spend a few days. I originally booked for 4 days and ended up staying 10. The staff is awesome and the overall feel is relaxed and fun. Definitely stay here if you can!

• 14th Mar 2015

We firstly stayed there for 4 nights but extended our stay for another 3 more nights. The staff, the atmosphere and all the people we have met there was amazing. They hostel had so many things to offer every day (daytrips and so on) and the bar was pretty awesome to hang out and meet new people. The room was clean as well. The best was, that you could only walk 5 minutes and you were already at the beach. We enjoyed it a lot and will definitely come back one day. Cheers David & Jan

It's okay to forbid own alcoholic drinks but it's a bit too much to check all rooms! For me I was very confused having a stranger in my room looking at my things. I expected a bit more privacy..I really can understand that we should buy drinks at the bar but at least it is all left on their own. I felt like I was on a class trip with school. Also, people should get informed better about the scooters to rent. We didn't know about how to put petrol in the tank for example.

• 2nd Mar 2015

the location was good. Half of stuff was friendly, but some of them were rude and not helpfull. Breakfast was ok

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Russia

I enjoyed my stay a lot. Good vibe, nice staff and lots of fun people to meet. Location is great for views over the lagoon but a little far from supermarkets and such. Beautiful beach nearby. It´s a tourist trap actually. Hard to leave and very easy to spend lots of money as there´s a bar, restaurant and organized tours around the island and tranfer to clubs daily. Good fun though!

One of the best hostels that we ever been to. An amazing view and really good rooms. They arrange a lot of partys and activities which are prety cool. The staff super nice and helpfull! The location is'nt the best but not that bed. They're close to the beach and for the rest you should take a short bus. This hostel really worth it!

Positives: *Amazing views and pool area *Incredible restaurant *Really close to Mole beach *Friendly, helpful staff *Amazing beach party Negatives: *Transfers were expensive, maybe better to share a cab *very temperamental wifi *so many stairs!! Try and stay at a room near the top! *Laundry was late, meant we were cutting it really fine with coach out. Make sure you let them know when you need it by explicitly!

Great party hostel!

Great hostel! Staff were super friendly and helped us book a bus online,when that didn't work they called up and reserved us seats. Also gave us a free caipirinha on our first night despite being an hour late! Restaurant food was good and not too pricey. They had surf boards to rent, and beach toys you could borrow. The two dorm rooms we stayed in didn't have air conditioning but had plenty of big fans so the heat wasn't a problem. They even showed the English football live in HD!

Just one of the best hostels of Brazil. You'll get exactly what you deserve and not one bullet less. Da best free breakfast, cheap restaurant for lunch and kitchen to cook noodles for dinner. This is my second home. Party and beach all time. Thanks Junior, Livia and the staff.

View all Florianopolis Hostels