Backpackers Sunset Reviews

Rodovia Jornalista Manoel Menezes, 631, Praia Mole, Florianopolis, Brazil

The rooms have an amazing view from Lagoa da Conceição and the hostel is located near from the most agitated area of the city (at night). The staff are helpful and the hostel offer lunch for those days when you are too lazy to eat out. Excellent cost-benefit.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Beautiful surroundings, nice atmosphere en best view in town. Staff was extremely helpful when I had some trouble booking my bus ticket to Iguazu. Thanks!!

i didn't enjoy my stay here, mostly because I didn't go party. I couldn't sleep at night because of the noise. I never cooked in the kitchen, because it wasn't too clean. They kept the one bathroom (for 12 people) quite clean, though.

Hey Apolla, thanks for your review! Sleeping in a 12 bed dorm, even if you don't party, can be more difficult to sleep, due to number of people. But we will make sure our night security keep the control to avoid noise at night. For the guest kitchen, we clean it 3 times a day, but unfortunatly other fellow guests didn't care of them, letting them dirty untill next day, so we need the cooperation of everyone to keep it clean. Safe travels

Great place to spend a few days. I originally booked for 4 days and ended up staying 10. The staff is awesome and the overall feel is relaxed and fun. Definitely stay here if you can!

• 14th Mar 2015

We firstly stayed there for 4 nights but extended our stay for another 3 more nights. The staff, the atmosphere and all the people we have met there was amazing. They hostel had so many things to offer every day (daytrips and so on) and the bar was pretty awesome to hang out and meet new people. The room was clean as well. The best was, that you could only walk 5 minutes and you were already at the beach. We enjoyed it a lot and will definitely come back one day. Cheers David & Jan

It's okay to forbid own alcoholic drinks but it's a bit too much to check all rooms! For me I was very confused having a stranger in my room looking at my things. I expected a bit more privacy..I really can understand that we should buy drinks at the bar but at least it is all left on their own. I felt like I was on a class trip with school. Also, people should get informed better about the scooters to rent. We didn't know about how to put petrol in the tank for example.

• 2nd Mar 2015

the location was good. Half of stuff was friendly, but some of them were rude and not helpfull. Breakfast was ok

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Russia

I enjoyed my stay a lot. Good vibe, nice staff and lots of fun people to meet. Location is great for views over the lagoon but a little far from supermarkets and such. Beautiful beach nearby. It´s a tourist trap actually. Hard to leave and very easy to spend lots of money as there´s a bar, restaurant and organized tours around the island and tranfer to clubs daily. Good fun though!

One of the best hostels that we ever been to. An amazing view and really good rooms. They arrange a lot of partys and activities which are prety cool. The staff super nice and helpfull! The location is'nt the best but not that bed. They're close to the beach and for the rest you should take a short bus. This hostel really worth it!

Positives: *Amazing views and pool area *Incredible restaurant *Really close to Mole beach *Friendly, helpful staff *Amazing beach party Negatives: *Transfers were expensive, maybe better to share a cab *very temperamental wifi *so many stairs!! Try and stay at a room near the top! *Laundry was late, meant we were cutting it really fine with coach out. Make sure you let them know when you need it by explicitly!

Great party hostel!

Great hostel! Staff were super friendly and helped us book a bus online,when that didn't work they called up and reserved us seats. Also gave us a free caipirinha on our first night despite being an hour late! Restaurant food was good and not too pricey. They had surf boards to rent, and beach toys you could borrow. The two dorm rooms we stayed in didn't have air conditioning but had plenty of big fans so the heat wasn't a problem. They even showed the English football live in HD!

Just one of the best hostels of Brazil. You'll get exactly what you deserve and not one bullet less. Da best free breakfast, cheap restaurant for lunch and kitchen to cook noodles for dinner. This is my second home. Party and beach all time. Thanks Junior, Livia and the staff.

• 13th Feb 2015

Great location if you want to spend your time near mole beach.. But it's a bit far from everything else. There are buses that drop you outside the hostel. It's got a decent breakfast and the staff are very helpful and friendly. It's got a great pool too but there's lots of steps to climb from the accommodation up to the bar area.

I really enjoyed spending Carnaval at this hostel, people is super friendly and the way in which is built (in the ladder of a hill) makes it very safe and with an awesome view. The only -not good- surprise is that everything paid with credit card at the hostel has a 6% overcharge. I didn't know that in advance (I don't know if that was explicit). In my case, only with the payment of my bed for the 7 days I could have saved $20 bucks b bringing cash.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Chile

Hey Luis, thanks for your review! WE sent you an email, where syas about the 6% bank charge if you pay with credit card. But we also offer 5% discount payng in cash. Safe travels and we hope to see you again in our home!

Fun stay. Organised trips good fun. Rooms fine..could do with some AC though! Good breakfast with a superb view over lagoon. Helpful and friendly staff. Thanks!

One of biggest hostels I've ever stayed in, capacity of 100 people. Meant there were loads of interesting people around to meet, but might have preferred it to be slightly smaller to create a more intimate community. Staff is super friendly, and love the ajoining bar for the music and their local Elemental beers. Beautiful location atop a hill overlooking the Lagoa, and an easy walk to lots of great restaurants on Av. das Rendeiras and nearby bars.

Definite party hostel had a lot of fun here and met some great people. Great bar staff, organised day/evening events, lots on offer! So so easy to spend money here everyone has bar tabs!! Downsides would be 1) the kitchen... Reaaaally not a place you'd want to cook your own food. And 2) reception offer to book your buses for you, we were told our bus had been booked to Floripa by reception, turned up at the station to have no tickets at all and no spaces available

This is an amazing hostel! Really cool and helpful staff. Great location very close to Mole beach and brilliant atmosphere, food and very clean with lots of activities organised every day/night. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

Pros: ATMOSPHERE! Such a great party hostel. We initially booked for 2 nights and ended up staying for 5! Made some great friends and had some crazy nights. Staff are great, funny little itialian guy comes around every arvo and gets you to sign up for parties. Make sure you go on the party bus! Breakfast is good, lunch is great value for money and dinner burgers and pizzas are good too. Close to both the beach and to the lagoon. Must stay here if you are coming to Florianopolis!

« first « Prev 1 2 3