Backpackers Sunset Reviews

Rodovia Jornalista Manoel Menezes, 631, Praia Mole, Florianopolis, Brazil

The staff is very helpful and it has a great atmosphere. I think it's one of the best hostel I'd stayed.

• 11th Dec 2014

It's amazing!

• 5th Dec 2014

The Sunset Backpackers' location is great as well as its facilities - just be prepared for long stairs to reach the rooms. All the structure and services are amazing, and the staff is very helpful all the time, and suggested you lots of programs abd parties. Don't forget to get the beers at the bar, it's the cheapeast good beer ever!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Assimi

HI I really liked the location and the commun areas in the hostel. However I found it really strange that the kitchen and pool area closed so early. Also I was wondering why people weren´t aloud to bring their own alcoholic drinks. Being promoted a "party hostel" these rules doesn´t make sense to me. Anyway the securtiy was really rude when we once came back at 1 o´clock whereas some days later the whole stuff and other guests came back at 5.30! and made really a lot of noise.

• 1st Dec 2014

Lot's of love

• 19th Nov 2014

Nice hostel with amazing views and luxury of swimming pool our room was clean and comfortable but we was at the very bottom of the hill and to get a back to top with reception / kitchen / bar etc was a hike and wifi only works at the top of hill not the bottom . I do feel that this hostel was more about making money then helping travellers but most people seemed to be here on a one week holiday from inside Brazil rather then backpackers .

My stay at backpackers was great, the hostel is very well managed and organized. The recepcionist Livia, did a great joba... i´ll sure come back more times.

Such a great hostel. I really had a great time there celebrating my birthday with their incredible view of the Sunset at Lagoa da Conceição. 1O minutes walking to my favorite beach - Praia Mole. Everything that they provide are excellent, all facilities, clean bathroom and dorm. I loved the swimming pool and the bar/restaurant, great beer and food. But what make my time there so special were the GREAT staff. Thanks everyone, receptionists, Lívia and Jr. all amazing :)

It's quite far from convenient places like supermarkets and bars,so they sell some products really expensive for the guests.the atmosphere is really nice and they have activities everynite.

Sunset is a bit like a resort with a restaurant open to the public on site and the rooms are quite isolated - it's a big complex with lots of stairs. This hostel may suit others but wasn't us - kitchen facilities also lacking with minimal utensils and one pan (a wok!) Otherwise the view is great and the hostel was not hard to find. Good party atmosphere and cable tv with all channels in the lounge area.

We have just bought new itens for our guests kitchen, so now it´s complete and with all equipments our guests need. Also, theres a bbq area for commum use to all of our guests. We have a restaurant open for everyone in town, as also a pub with live music everyweek, happy hours, and a delicious home made pizzas, burguers, salads, pastas, etc. But if you don´t want to party, we have many commum areas where you can relax, read a book, use internet in your room..

good place to meet people. had a good stay

Extremely relaxed vibe throughout the whole grounds. Great people and friendly staff...especially in the restaurant. The waitresses and Bartenders were so hospitable and made you feel like you were a special part of the hostel. Also...the restaurant serves the BEST food. The hostel has a great view of the lagoon, and the rooms are decent - clean, basic, and everything you need for the good price you're going to pay. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 24th Oct 2014

Good things: Cool staff. Amazing view. Good restaurant. Good and clean environment. Bad things: The kitchen is closed at 10pm (too early). The kitchen don't have enough pot and cutlery for more than 3 people, and what they have are too poor too old. The lockers aren't safe, we can easily open it just forcing a bit. The checkin and checkout is a bit slow comparing to another hostels.

• 19th Oct 2014

In a great beach location, but a very far cab ride to the central bus station (rodoviaria). Friendly people, many day & night trips offered, and a free caipirinha each day during happy hour. My one problem with the hostel was that there seemed to be only 1 toilet and shower for every 10 or so people. Overall very good.

• 11th Oct 2014

The hostel is amazing...We really enjoyed it! The only problem was the toilet.. too many people use the same toilet so it was really darty... I have asked twice for the staff to clean... but thet havent cleaned.

• 6th Oct 2014

Staff & location are great. Good hostel to stay

Great location, great staff, totally recommended!!!

A great place to stay. The location is perfect, super close to the beach and the Lagoa da Conceição, there is a cozy pub, many facilities, helpful staff and a lot of nature around.

Really fun hostel, great vibe and a lot to do in the surrounding hostel. staff were touch and go but in the main very friendly and helpful. Bus trips to the South and North of the island were great fun and there's so much to see on the island. quite far from the night clubs though. The private rooms weren't however that good - suffered from dampness and the wall between the two rooms was paper thin so you were afforded no privacy at all. other than that a great hostel.

Make sure you book online because they will charge you more than what the price is listed on hostel world. The staff made me feel very unwelcomed. The day I checked out they told me I wasn't allowed to use the common facilities without supervision. They told me I had to get security or a staff member to walk around. My bus didn't leave until the evening and I was planning on hanging out, but because they made me feel so unwelcomed about using the kitchen, bathroom, common spaces I just left.

View all Florianopolis Hostels