Backpackers Sunset Reviews

Rodovia Jornailista Manoel Menezes, 631, Praia Mole, Florianopolis, Brazil

Great location, great staff, totally recommended!!!

A great place to stay. The location is perfect, super close to the beach and the Lagoa da Conceição, there is a cozy pub, many facilities, helpful staff and a lot of nature around.

Really fun hostel, great vibe and a lot to do in the surrounding hostel. staff were touch and go but in the main very friendly and helpful. Bus trips to the South and North of the island were great fun and there's so much to see on the island. quite far from the night clubs though. The private rooms weren't however that good - suffered from dampness and the wall between the two rooms was paper thin so you were afforded no privacy at all. other than that a great hostel.

Make sure you book online because they will charge you more than what the price is listed on hostel world. The staff made me feel very unwelcomed. The day I checked out they told me I wasn't allowed to use the common facilities without supervision. They told me I had to get security or a staff member to walk around. My bus didn't leave until the evening and I was planning on hanging out, but because they made me feel so unwelcomed about using the kitchen, bathroom, common spaces I just left.

Chill place to stay, awesome staff definitely coming back in summer time!

muy buen lugar , recomendado seguro volvería aqui

Didnt feel welcome at all. Dissapointed

This hostel is in an awesome location and has great facilities. That said 1 toilet / shower between a 4 and 10 bed dorm meant the toilet was almost always very dirty. The 4 person dorm was also damp. Due to it's location expect to pay a lot for food and drinks and note that you can't bring in your own drinks so have to buy only at the bar. Staff were really friendly and helpful, overall a good place to stay although a bit overpriced for what it is.

Backpackers Sunset is the real deal. We were here during winter so it was cold at night (during day it was perfect). The hostel itself is great with great common areas to hang out and meet people. Staff is amazing and so friendly. You can rent surfboard (15 reals/day). Great activities and trips during both day and night (we went to a Brazilian rave, Laidback Luke, what!). Place is massive with tons of areas to chill. One of the best hostels we stayed at during my2 month trip. Highly recommend.

Was there 3 nights and the sun was only out for one day which makes all the difference. Great location, staff and facilities though.

Great hostel my room es at the bottom if the millions if steps so that was a work out! Good music played in the bar and all the World Cup games available to watch! 5mins walk to the beavh and next to the bus stop to head into town.

• 13th Jun 2014

Great atmosphere at backpackers sunset! Staff were lots of fun and always making the night life a good vibe. Beds were comfy, unfortunately we got really bad weather so couldn't go down to the beach which is at the doorstep of this hostel. Bus stop is also right out the front making it easy to go to town for less than 3reals. Great hostel!

The bathrooms are a little dirty but overall a awesome atmosphere!

Very enjoyable stay, I would definitely recommend the hostel. Lots of activities to get involved in and a vibrant and social bar in the evenings.

I had a great stay here. The staff are incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful, the location is good - very close to one beautiful beach, within walking distance of others, and near to shops, etc... the food and restaurant are great, as is the free sunset caipirinha... Atmosphere here is just perfect, and facilities good, too. The view is amazing! Only downside is all the stairs - but it keeps you fit, at least!

Great place 2 stay staff are really friendly would definetly go back

• 23rd May 2014

Had a great time here and met some fun people. UnUnfortunately my phone charger disappeared from the room. hostel has people performing music, has great breakfasts and goid tv area as well as patio, bar and internet computers

AMAZING FOOD, jacuzzi/bathtub in suite, pool, incredible view of sunset, lots of activities, live music, close to the beach...this was a great place. Only bad thing was distance from grocery store.

Fun hostel, beautiful location and looks like a resort! Good value for the bar and food! Walk distance from surf spot, all great!!!

• 7th May 2014

+ friendly staff + good breakfast + directly at the beach + good working wifi - but not in the room

Hey Verena, thanks for your review! In a very short time we will have internet all around the hostel. We are just waiting for the cables arrive, so we can go on! Safe travels, and we hope to see you again!

View all Florianopolis Hostels