Backpackers Sunset Reviews

Rodovia Jornailista Manoel Menezes, 631, Praia Mole, Florianopolis, Brazil

Perfect Hostel, on a beautiful location, the food is very nice (especially the burgers). Nice bar, reception at the perfect location, nice place to hang around, quiet rooms, nice decorations. Only the beds (mattresses en pillows) are smelling very dirty. You should stay here if you go to Florianopolis.

Hey Jaymi, tudo bom? Thanks for your review. Make us feel happier and more excited to keep going our job at Sunset! About the pillow and matress, they all have been on the sun, and got an extra cleaning care. We hope you are having a great time at your travels!

very close to the beach, so it was fantastic, but i didnt like the staff so much, and my room was so downstairs, it was a nightmare climbing those stairs everytime i wanted to go out or to sit in the tv room with everybody... the rooms are not clean, everything smells like mouldiness....disgusting!! well, if you are a surfer or all you have in mind is the beach...so its not bad. one of the best thing is that there is very good sushi place near the hostel...:)

Only the view from the balcony is worth the money. But the Staff is excelent as well everyone speaks good english and tries you to help when ever there is something. Had a great time there.

Nice common areas and restaurant, dorms are OK, not enough bathrooms Events and trips planned but quite pricy and we realised that they charged a for easy rides, so take the cab by yourself

Hey Aurelie, thanks for your review! Our trips are made in old school, but new, american school bus or in our camper van, for a very good price. R$30,00 reais to go to 4 or 5 different beachs in the south or north of the island, R$35,00 reais for the big clubs at the north of the island, including vodka and coke, R$15,00 reais to Lagoa, all round trip. You arrive safe at the places, always on time, and don´t have to stress yourself with taxi drivers that try to drive you around and make money.

Nice hostel, the price is also good. The "party atmosphere" is annoying

Nice place

This hostel was awesome, staff were very helpful and friendly. Tours desk was a great bonus, and the restaurant was well priced and had a basic but good menu. Mosquito nets might be a good idea, other than that I would recommend anyone to stay here!!!!!

Very well structured, the better are the schedules of parties and luxury tours. Hostel often recommend top

• 15th Mar 2014

This is probably the most beautiful hostel that I have ever stayed at. The view is great but it comes with the price that it is far from downtown so you have to take a bus to do any shopping but there is a really nice beach within walking distance. The food at their restaurant was not too expensive and was pretty tasty. The only other complaint that I have is that we paid more for a 4 bed room but it had no view and was kind of hidden away. If I would have known I would have gone for a dorm room

In this hostel you are just a number and a wallet. They make u pay for everything, one morning there was no tea the guy at the bar told me if i wanted some i could pay for it. One girl, who stayed there one week, didnt get refund for the last night she cancelled even though she told it 48h before and the hostel was Full on that last day. They make u pay a lot for transfer to parties but when u are 4 a taxi is cheaper. The staff at the reception is nice, but not the one at the bar restaurant.

Amazing staff and very good vibes! Best food in Brazil, love it! I will definitely be back!

There was a shortage of (shared) bathrooms. Also, there was no wifi in the rooms, only in the common area.

Maybe the time for breakfast starts 30 minutes earlier could be nice for those want to enjoy the beach earlier. And maybe wi-fi zone to be expanded to room area.

Stayed here one night as the hostel I normally stay was fully booked.I was not disappointed as there was a great view over Lagoa Do Conceicao from the bar,good breakfast & I enjoyed the Pizza evening meal.As the rooms descend down the hill you will get fit climbing up & down the stairs so you shouldn"t stay here if climbing is a problem for you.Enjoyed the afternoon at popular surfing beach Mole about 10 mins walk down the hill.

The hostel is nice, has a great breakfast and avarage rooms. We were there at the carnaval time and when we needed showers the most- it was broken. No water at all. The stuff helps with activities but they also preasure on you to go to their tours. Overall- nice hostel. But we exeptedit to be better. Was fun :)

All the staff was amazing! Great lunch breakfast and lunchbuffets and food in general, although they could use an extra hand in the kitchen in the evening. Party bus was very well organized and a great feature we were happy to make use off! Great location to celebrate carnaval, really one big happy family... As we stayed a night longer it was a bit odd though to all of a sudden see the complete shift in guests, but this was as expected...

• 26th Feb 2014

Staff always there to help you, perfect location with walking distance to Mole and Joaquina Beaches, awesome view to the Lake. The hostel is very beautiful with lots of facilities and activities. It should care more abour cleanliness...

Friendly and helpfull staff. Great view from the room and restaurant. Good food, but the bar closed too early. The water ran out the last day we were there, so no showers, sinks og toilets worked... Small kitchen without much to cook with. Beds were good, but squeeky.

Hey Mie, thanks for your comment. Our bar close at 1am, not earlier than that. Unfortunatly yhe water ran out on your last day, but was for a few hours, as we called a water truck to the hostel, that 2 hours after we ran out, everythign went back to normal. We hope you had a greta Carnaval! Safe travels!

Big hostel with a lot of party people. met some really nice people. sits far away from the center so youre dependent of hostel organised transfers to partys and day trips. makes it expensive. I really recomend the treck to Lagoinha do Leste. restaurant at the hostel is a bit pricy for the quality of the buffet but there was a cool churrasco night one of the nights there. Hostel is on a hill so you have to climb a lot of steps to get from the room to the road, gets old real soon.

I had a great stay here at Sunset, whether you want to party or chill out... The choice is yours. I would have to say the staff definitely made the hostel. They are always so helpful, genuine and lovely. Great atmosphere & the live music was awesome. A special mention to Lu for the lift to my vegetables! Remember the PUZZLE!!! You will have a great time no matter your agenda... I highly recommend Sunset!

View all Florianopolis Hostels