Backpackers Travellers Inn Reviews

60b, 2nd floor, Jalan Sultan, 50000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good budget place to sleep. I found it clean and quiet. There are lockers for a small fee. It is very low price, so does not include any extras. Basically you get a bed and sheet.

The manager is the only one entitled to make decisions. No other staff member is allowed to decide on anything which means that when he is away all running affairs come to a screeching halt. Apperently he does not trust anyone but himself. The light in my room was not working for 4 (four!!!!) days. I told the staff every day but appently nobody was capable of finding someone to fix this. On leaving I asked for a discount because the room was actually unfit for renting out. Nothing, unacceptabl

Wonderful description of me from someone whom I've never met. We've ask you to move room however you wanted to stay put. Attempts was made to fix it but it was beyond our capacity, our electrician promise to come but ended in the hospital. Bottom line, you wanted a FREE stay which was turn down. Why did you stayed in a room which is UNFIT for 4 days instead of moving to the next room ?

Bed bugs. Or something that bites. I saw little bugs crawling on the wall next to my bed. I wanted to say something but 1: the guy at the desk seems bothered all the time & I didn't think he'd care, 2) I gave them benefit of the doubt because they have signs printed out next at reception slandering another hostel about bed bug problems. I should have said something but I didn't feel comfortable doing so... says a lot about this place. Personally, it wasn't worth the $ saved. Now I'm all itchy

Your comment is as slandering, unverified with a assumption, jumping into conclusion that we don't care and scaring away further bookings as though the whole hostel is infested. We have a serious problem of TOUTS from other hostels nearby waiting at our door that will say and do anything including slandering to whisk away our potential guests including confirm reservation thus the sign.

Very dirty, and the staff mánager is unfriendly.to pay a little more in another guesthouse, but sleep well because there is no air conditioning

• 6th Mar 2014

It is what is says on the tin. Made better by the nice reception staff.

Very cheap hostel and you get what you pay for so not surprised at the low quality. When we first arrived we had to stay one night in bunk beds because the owner over booked. I got the feeling it happens often. Very cheap amazing breakfast on the roof every morning. During one of the room switches one of the housekeepers stole 300 Ringgit from my passport case. The owner said he would look into it but never got back to me. Pretty disappointed. It's worth it to pay more and stay somewhere else.

Great location, for a quick over night stay before catching a bus 2 to 3 mins walk at Puduraya, for this its great. You get what you pay for!!! Do not expect much as your not paying much either.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

it's the most worth hostel in jalan sultan for it price and location, center of backpack area in kuala lumpur. i have booked here for 10 bed dormitory but when i arrived there, the receptionist said that the room is already full, so they move me to another room and have to pay 3 ringgit more for it. it still worth since i have 3 bed private room and still have another person to talk with. But the room doesnt have locker so i just put my belonging over the bed and not sure about the security.

Price is quite cheap, thta's it.

annoying cleaning girl with no respect for guests

Took a triple room shared bathroom. Given one on 4th floor first day. Robert was kind to put us into first flr next to counter remaining 2 nights. Save energy climbing stairs for shopping and sightseeing. Better security and wifi but still slow. Easy access to free drinking water and hot water.

You get what you pay for, which isn't a lot. Dorm set up is very odd - have to walk through men's dorm to reach female and mixed dorm, and facilities are limited. Only a couple of power points per room and 2 showers and toilets on floor for all three dorms (24 people!). Good for a cheap place to stay just for a night or two but wouldn't want to stay much longer.

Backpackers Travellers Inn has the most facilities as a hostel in town and the highest ratio for showers, we have a total of 9 common showers and not two, please get your facts right.

Not great but the cheapest bed in town

the chinese owner is really rude and careless. there were a couple who were robbed with a knife and he would not show interest to even tell them were the police station was. disgusting! the dorms are packed with beds so no room for leaving anything and the heat is unvearable during the day. wifi does not work most of the time and you have to pay for lockers. aircon at night and food location are the only good things about this hostel. Avoid this hostel if possible

We did helped the couple, we can't do much about the unbearable heat in the tropics, wifi does work and we've introduced our self as a No Frills hostel so we don't charge for things guests don't use. The owner was away on holiday during the incident and you've ASSUMED the receptionist as the owner. Please get your facts right otherwise it's a defamation as you've wrote base on your assumption and you don't have to tell others what to do.

Can't complain for the price but don't expect anything amazing.

so kind and good location!

very kindly staff. i liked when they tried to speak bahasa. lol. it's tired enough to got to my room because i was on the 4th floor. but that's ok becuase the room was clean so i could just sleep when i came inside into my room. good location. so many food place around hostel, about 10-15 minutes by walked to the pasar seni station, and just behind chinatown

the staff was very friendly exept the bald hair men. I know that is a cheap hostel, and I can live with that, that we have buy e.g. the toilet paper.... but even the bed blanket was so thin, and in the dorm room was the AC so cold..... it is ok if you want stay a couple of days.... but not longer. further I never so someone clean the room or even the toilet.... the hairs from the girls was for days on the floor.... it is really ok. but I know that exist other hostels. much better

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels