Backpackers Travellers Inn Reviews

60b, 2nd floor, Jalan Sultan, 50000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The hostel is located in the heart of Chinatown so it is very convenient, they serve English breakfast&delicious fresh juices on their rooftop at competitive prices till 3'30pm.The facilities are basics but the price is really good.The staff have been quite helpful with me&you can also leave your luggage during the day.There is no locker&doors of the dorms doesn't locked but cameras are in use.It's ok for stay few nights, private rooms are also available.

Pretty cheap but otherwise small rooms toilets could be better...safe...wifi works well...pretty awesome if u dont wanna spend much for a short stay in kl

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Greece

Location near LRT Pasar Seni and Pasar Rakyat, Hang Tuah bus station, tourist attraction, such as China Town Night Market, Dataran Merdeka, etc. Easy to find, nice staff, bathroom with hot water. It's great for backpackers to stay here. I think it's perfect if I don't stay at 4th floor :)

A small room, shared bathroom comfy bed breakfast (not included) on the roof overlooking Kl China town. Great if you want a cheap budget backpackers. Worked for me.

• 3rd Feb 2015

It is very cheap and if you want this you can choose this hostel. For saving money it is the right option. For a loonger stay you should be a real traveller. For real traveller it is the right place and many long travellers are there. For a short journey maybe spend moore money for a better relaxing

• 21st Jan 2015

It was so bad I can't even

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

A cheap simple no thrills place. Great for a stopover for a day but not to spend a while here.

Staff were excellent, very friendly, happy and helpful. Wifi was really bad, was about the speed of the old dial up internet. Good location right near China town and a large supermarket and laundromat. Overall good for the money we paid.

• 9th Dec 2014

Nice hostel but I did NOT like the woman staff in Travel Centre, a travel agency inside the hostel. She is large sized woman with selfish and unhappy attitude. I asked the hostel staff if I can read Lonely Planet book but she stomped to me and said I MUST PAY FOR THIS BOOK and took the book!. This book is old. She NEVER smile. She's very cold. Very boring hostel because there is nothing to do, no travel book to read, no free internet and NO program on TV but only you have to have DVD.

In terms of cleanliness and experience, this one fell in the lowest 25% of all hostels I've stayed in. The pillow was absolutely disgusting and prevented me from feeling "hygienic" enough to sleep anything but face up. Staff was decent and knowledgeable enough.

The place is really dirty, wi fi was so poor not even working like every other day. I wouldnt recommend it.

From the staff only the lady was nice, the other ones were really rude. Location was good but the room was smelly, mattress really thin and the bathrooms were always dirty and wet.

I do not like posting negative reviews, but the hostel did not meet our expectations. our room was ok, except both nights we woke up to cockroaches either in our bed or on the floor. the staff were helpful with setting us up on the hop on hop off tour, which i definitely recommend. showers and bathrooms were ok, but there were always bugs in the showers, a lot of mould on the walls, which was worrisome.

Great place to stay, right next to Chinatown and near some other ads. Got a great rooftop bar which serves breakfast in the day and alcohol at night. Great vibes

Been there four years ago and had a much better experience this time. Chris the skinny bartender is great and the hostel itself is good for the money you pay. Clean, friendly staff, nothing to rave about but clearly a decent budget pllace. Would come again.

There should be toilet paper in the bathrooms

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Spain

unclean, and no air con in our room only desk fan so was like an oven, but great rooftop bar and for the price is crazy good value

Excellent option for the price. the dorms are simples but very clean. I rated staff as "excellent", because most of them are very friendly, however if you arrive in the evening you may be "welcomed" ( and that's absolutely not how it feels .. ) by an old man : don't worry, he is not representative of the rest of the staff, and you'll probably not have to deal with him a lot. I also think renting the lockers is weird, that's usually a free facility in most hostel. Great anyway.

My second time in this hostel. Very good place, dorms are simple but good!. Excellent facilities and maybe the best value for money in KL. My only advice for the hostel is that some member of the staff (men's) are not really polite and friendly, maybe should improve this, one smile one "hello" one "good afternoon" doesn't spend too much energy. Thanks!

It was great staying in the heart of China Town, Hostel is good and basic, head to the roof top for your breakfast!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels