Backpackers Travellers Inn Reviews

60b, 2nd floor, Jalan Sultan, 50000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

We stayed one night. My friend and I had mixed feelings. I didn't mind the hostel for the price we paid. The location is excellent as its close to all modes of transportation (bus station and train station). We weren't given keys for anything so we weren't sure how well the security would be but nothing was stolen as that's always a bonus. I liked the shower as it was hot and spacious but my friend did not. She didn't sleep well but i slept great. So this hostel really depends on what you want.

Our door had a key but the lock did not work. The only outlet was next to the door so the cord from the fan made it really hard to go in and out. There was no trash can in the room and not even in all the bathrooms. Staff was rude. However it's the cheapest possible hostel in a great area. You get what you pay for.

Really sociable and busy backpackers hostel in the heart of Chinatown. The staff are mostly very helpful and freindly, lockers are available for a 10 Ringit deposit, 1 Ringit a day charge is taken from this. The doors to the dorms are not usually locked but there are almost always people around and you shouldn't be leaving valuables in a hostel anyways. I reccomend this place, clenliness is fine and facilities are fine just as you would expect in a cheap hostel.

you get what you pay for ! excelent for 3usd

Good value for money.

Great location, easy to find, fast wifi, good value for money. Notice that because it is cheap, you have to pay extra for everything (e.g. breakfast or even toilet paper)

Good value for money. Very basic accomodation. The rooms have no windows facing outside. The windows are facing the hallway, therefore there's a lack of privacy. A bit noisy. Close to bus, monorail and comuter stations. We stayed in private rooms.

Unashamedly cheap and cheerful. Well located. Mattresses and pillows were very thin. Access to some dorms through others isn't ideal. Lockers were provided.

really good location, friendly staff, would definitely stay here again. directly in Chinatown, lots of restaurants nearby, central market, Chinatown market in walking distance btw 2-5 min (but a wipe or cleaning would not make it worse ;))

As I'm not a fussy person, I enjoyed myself here. I met great people and the hostel isn't too far away from everything. If you are a neat freak you may not enjoy it as much as I did, but you get what you pay for!

• 13th Aug 2015

It's cheap but the space in the room was very limited. It's not a good idea to have a through dorm room as it's inconvenient for people who stay at that dorm room. Great location. The staff was ok.

This hostel was ok, it was only $4 a night per person so you do get what you paid for which is very very basic facilities. The rooms and hallways looked like the inside of what used to be mental hospital. Wifi was only available in the lobby even though on hostelworld it says it's available in all the rooms. There were only 2 bathroom shower combos per floor so if they we're taken, you had to go to another floor and hope it was free. The breakfast on the rooftop is awesome though and very cheap!

Great budget hostel has all the necessity great value for money in a great central Location.

Cheapest at the Chinatown. We found a couple of bedbugs on bed but they were friendly, they didn't bite us!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Bangladesh

Good value for money! Stayed for one night only!

Not even close to the expected. All facilities were really old and not well conserved. The room was not very clean, we could see some dirty cobwebs on the wall. However the breakfast was good and the woman that made it was really friendly.

I and my friends Anna & Patricia are really appreciate all the help we get from the staff of Backpackers Travellers Inn for three days stay at the hostel. We enjoy the night at the bar counter, the music and the entertaining talk and joke of the manager of the hostel. Mr Stevie Chan. From ordering foods at the China Town, helping with the menu and do some shopping, we couldn't have done it without his expert advised. Everything has perfect We love to stay again this time more friends...

It was ALL very okay.... the location is perfect, verry easy to go around. Very cheap and the morning lady at the reception is a sweetheart! Will come back, very very good for the price.

• 27th May 2015

nice hostel

We really hate this place. We had a double room, which was ugly like a prison cell. We had no blanket for the bed. The Facilities were full of piss the whole night and day. The rooftop bar looked like a dumping ground. Maybe it was just a bad day for them, but this was the worst experience in 7 weeks of traveling Thailand and Malaysia.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels