Backpackers Travellers Inn Reviews

60b, 2nd floor, Jalan Sultan, 50000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Staff were excellent, very friendly, happy and helpful. Wifi was really bad, was about the speed of the old dial up internet. Good location right near China town and a large supermarket and laundromat. Overall good for the money we paid.

• 9th Dec 2014

Nice hostel but I did NOT like the woman staff in Travel Centre, a travel agency inside the hostel. She is large sized woman with selfish and unhappy attitude. I asked the hostel staff if I can read Lonely Planet book but she stomped to me and said I MUST PAY FOR THIS BOOK and took the book!. This book is old. She NEVER smile. She's very cold. Very boring hostel because there is nothing to do, no travel book to read, no free internet and NO program on TV but only you have to have DVD.

In terms of cleanliness and experience, this one fell in the lowest 25% of all hostels I've stayed in. The pillow was absolutely disgusting and prevented me from feeling "hygienic" enough to sleep anything but face up. Staff was decent and knowledgeable enough.

The place is really dirty, wi fi was so poor not even working like every other day. I wouldnt recommend it.

From the staff only the lady was nice, the other ones were really rude. Location was good but the room was smelly, mattress really thin and the bathrooms were always dirty and wet.

I do not like posting negative reviews, but the hostel did not meet our expectations. our room was ok, except both nights we woke up to cockroaches either in our bed or on the floor. the staff were helpful with setting us up on the hop on hop off tour, which i definitely recommend. showers and bathrooms were ok, but there were always bugs in the showers, a lot of mould on the walls, which was worrisome.

Great place to stay, right next to Chinatown and near some other ads. Got a great rooftop bar which serves breakfast in the day and alcohol at night. Great vibes

Been there four years ago and had a much better experience this time. Chris the skinny bartender is great and the hostel itself is good for the money you pay. Clean, friendly staff, nothing to rave about but clearly a decent budget pllace. Would come again.

There should be toilet paper in the bathrooms

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Spain

Excellent option for the price. the dorms are simples but very clean. I rated staff as "excellent", because most of them are very friendly, however if you arrive in the evening you may be "welcomed" ( and that's absolutely not how it feels .. ) by an old man : don't worry, he is not representative of the rest of the staff, and you'll probably not have to deal with him a lot. I also think renting the lockers is weird, that's usually a free facility in most hostel. Great anyway.

My second time in this hostel. Very good place, dorms are simple but good!. Excellent facilities and maybe the best value for money in KL. My only advice for the hostel is that some member of the staff (men's) are not really polite and friendly, maybe should improve this, one smile one "hello" one "good afternoon" doesn't spend too much energy. Thanks!

It was great staying in the heart of China Town, Hostel is good and basic, head to the roof top for your breakfast!

What you pay is what you get - its generally clean, but dont take a closer look at your pillow. Dorm quite small. Bathroom facilities are ok (no toilet paper provided!) Makes all in all a dark and very basic impression. Male dorm is a walk trough room!! No atmosphere at all, relaxing common area virtually nonexistent. Staff could be much more welcoming. The location is perfect, middle of Chinatown (yummie food), very close to central Busstation.Breakfast at rooftop is cheap and delicious.

Where do I begin.... When we arrived our reservation was not found because the lady did not deal with emails..., then she told us there are rooms with and without air condition which was not stated when we booked, there were bed bugs in our room, hot water was not working everywhere, rooms have actual opening to the outside which are partly covered with plastic and rain got in one night... worth the money if it was 50 p.. go somewhere else!

I wouldn't stay here again it's awful.

• 12th Sep 2014

This hostel was great because we met so many other backpackers there. The location is fun and easy to get around from.

What a hole! The staff are great! let's say that along with the location were the redeeming features however, no sheets, just bed covers, I had bed bugs the first night (changed rooms before it was serious, after killing half a dozen), the second room the bed cover didn't fit and I woke u with rashes all over presumably from the mattress. The bathrooms were appalling with an interesting flushing mechanism that no one could understand and inevitably broke daily leaving the results for others..

We've repeated many times, sheets is available upon request, so is been one of the biggest hostel in town, we have so many rooms and bathrooms so if one room is infested, don't make it look as though the whole hostel is infested. We didn't plant the bugs there to bite our guests, you've reported to us and we've closed the room for treatment. Just because one one toilet keep breaking, it doesn't mean the rest of the 13 toilets is broken as well.

Many good memories with that hostel, met lots of nice people there. Lockers could be helpful or at least a shelve. Facility is just ok but I appreciate their daily cleanings a lot. For that price a very fair deal. They should leave the roof top all night open though, noises shouldn't matter in the middle of china town... Staff is very friendly and helpful. Will surely come back...

Cheerless, but oh so cheap.

• 4th Sep 2014

Best deal for your money in KL.The dorms are comfortable and the Air/Con works really good at night from 9pm-9am. It's a clean hostel. The wifi works good but when they have a lot of travelers/customers doesn't work really fast. No breakfast included but in the roof they offer very good prices for breakfast, drinks and food...and the lady working in the roof is really friendly. Good location. They offer a lot of good facilities for a small fee like lockers, etc. Nice place. I will go back again!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels