Backpackers Travellers Inn Reviews

60b, 2nd floor, Jalan Sultan, 50000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

In terms of cleanliness and experience, this one fell in the lowest 25% of all hostels I've stayed in. The pillow was absolutely disgusting and prevented me from feeling "hygienic" enough to sleep anything but face up. Staff was decent and knowledgeable enough.

From the staff only the lady was nice, the other ones were really rude. Location was good but the room was smelly, mattress really thin and the bathrooms were always dirty and wet.

I do not like posting negative reviews, but the hostel did not meet our expectations. our room was ok, except both nights we woke up to cockroaches either in our bed or on the floor. the staff were helpful with setting us up on the hop on hop off tour, which i definitely recommend. showers and bathrooms were ok, but there were always bugs in the showers, a lot of mould on the walls, which was worrisome.

Great place to stay, right next to Chinatown and near some other ads. Got a great rooftop bar which serves breakfast in the day and alcohol at night. Great vibes

Been there four years ago and had a much better experience this time. Chris the skinny bartender is great and the hostel itself is good for the money you pay. Clean, friendly staff, nothing to rave about but clearly a decent budget pllace. Would come again.

There should be toilet paper in the bathrooms

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Spain

My second time in this hostel. Very good place, dorms are simple but good!. Excellent facilities and maybe the best value for money in KL. My only advice for the hostel is that some member of the staff (men's) are not really polite and friendly, maybe should improve this, one smile one "hello" one "good afternoon" doesn't spend too much energy. Thanks!

It was great staying in the heart of China Town, Hostel is good and basic, head to the roof top for your breakfast!

What you pay is what you get - its generally clean, but dont take a closer look at your pillow. Dorm quite small. Bathroom facilities are ok (no toilet paper provided!) Makes all in all a dark and very basic impression. Male dorm is a walk trough room!! No atmosphere at all, relaxing common area virtually nonexistent. Staff could be much more welcoming. The location is perfect, middle of Chinatown (yummie food), very close to central Busstation.Breakfast at rooftop is cheap and delicious.

Where do I begin.... When we arrived our reservation was not found because the lady did not deal with emails..., then she told us there are rooms with and without air condition which was not stated when we booked, there were bed bugs in our room, hot water was not working everywhere, rooms have actual opening to the outside which are partly covered with plastic and rain got in one night... worth the money if it was 50 p.. go somewhere else!

I wouldn't stay here again it's awful.

• 12th Sep 2014

This hostel was great because we met so many other backpackers there. The location is fun and easy to get around from.

What a hole! The staff are great! let's say that along with the location were the redeeming features however, no sheets, just bed covers, I had bed bugs the first night (changed rooms before it was serious, after killing half a dozen), the second room the bed cover didn't fit and I woke u with rashes all over presumably from the mattress. The bathrooms were appalling with an interesting flushing mechanism that no one could understand and inevitably broke daily leaving the results for others..

We've repeated many times, sheets is available upon request, so is been one of the biggest hostel in town, we have so many rooms and bathrooms so if one room is infested, don't make it look as though the whole hostel is infested. We didn't plant the bugs there to bite our guests, you've reported to us and we've closed the room for treatment. Just because one one toilet keep breaking, it doesn't mean the rest of the 13 toilets is broken as well.

Many good memories with that hostel, met lots of nice people there. Lockers could be helpful or at least a shelve. Facility is just ok but I appreciate their daily cleanings a lot. For that price a very fair deal. They should leave the roof top all night open though, noises shouldn't matter in the middle of china town... Staff is very friendly and helpful. Will surely come back...

Best deal for your money in KL.The dorms are comfortable and the Air/Con works really good at night from 9pm-9am. It's a clean hostel. The wifi works good but when they have a lot of travelers/customers doesn't work really fast. No breakfast included but in the roof they offer very good prices for breakfast, drinks and food...and the lady working in the roof is really friendly. Good location. They offer a lot of good facilities for a small fee like lockers, etc. Nice place. I will go back again!

Very cheap. When I arrived they said that they couldn't check the booking and gave me another room which was a bit more expensive.

Cheap, clean hostel. Small room with bed bathroom and fan. Good for that price, good location. Staff is helpfull.

I can't say anything bad about this hostel. The bathrooms and rooms are clean, the staff speaks well English and will help you with any question, location in the middle of Chinatown is not bad either. You can have a locker for a little charge of 1RM per day and it is the cheapest place to stay in KL! The only thing is that the rooms are quite small and shabby. And one of the dorm is a walk-through room without a window. The air-co in the dorms works from 9pm-9am and it gets quite cold.

Hey travellers, The staff was very unfriendly and not cooperative. Specially the nightguard was very rude, why we didn't feel very safe during our stay at this hostel. One time he was talking to my friend in such an agressive way, only because he was charging her phone in the lobby of the hostel. I am very sorry, but I can not recommend this hostel. But don't worry, I am sure there are many other nice hostels in Kuala Lumpur. So enjoy your stay... Bye

• 17th Aug 2014

Your friend was rude too, she wanted to charge her phone via the modem without asking at 3.00 am when the computer was turned off, for guests who've stayed here, there's loads of people in the reception using their gadgets through the night without any problems, bottom line of your message to our potential guests is 'Don't stay here'

although i've seen a lot of bad comments about this hostel, i still decided to stay because of my tight budget. it's not that bad. In fact, it's quite NICE. the location is perfect. there's no complaint :)

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels