Backpackers Travellers Inn Reviews

60b, 2nd floor, Jalan Sultan, 50000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

You get what you pay for. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's the cheapest in kl afterall! :)

The hostel was dirty, soap and toilet paper weren't even provided and the beds were quite noisy too (Especially the upper bunks). The staff would often leave the reception making the guests wait for a while to get infos or any kind of assistance. I wouldn't go back nor recommend it.

Everything is normal.

Such a depressing place. They close the rooftop early. Lobby looks like an office where evryine is on their phones and computers. No socializing. Chinatown really sucks. Place is more like a boarding house with smelly old men livibg and working there. Clearing thwy throat and slurping noodles. Some local women yapping all day in their makeshift tent livin on the grind hustling in chinatown. Anyway for 1 night its ok just to see how terrible life can be.

It's a very depressing place:(

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Russia

This is by far the cheapest hostel you will find in KL. We did not expect much from it, but even for the price it was below expectations. Even when a hostel is that cheap, you would expect it to be clean. Inside the dorm there is a bad smell of whatever there was laying inside. You will sleep next to old half naked man that are lying on there bed all day. there are many leaflets that are quite aggressive towards the people of the hostel. don't expect to meet new people here when you travel alone

As always been mentioned, this is the rating for the lowest category, we have better dorms and private rooms at a slightly rate. When we don't allow a certain group to check in, we're branded as racist and choosy. When we let them in, complaints of smelly men. Leaflets to tell guests not to party in the dorm is considered aggressive, guests who wants to sleep will review it as noisy n don't stay here. Half of guests in the dorm will complain why lights off at mid night n d other half wants it off. This a share room so if you can't bear with it, get yourself a private room.

Good Place to stay,the only bad was that the roof terasse is closed after noon :-(

We booked 3 pax in a mix dorm room. The bathroom is quite clean. Air conditioner is good. But beds are disappointed. The mattresses are so old, collapsed and looked dirty. We'll never come back to this hostel or recommend for anybody else.

I really don't understand why some people leave negative reviews here (no toilet paper, girls have to pass through a smelly dorm to get to theirs etc). This is the cheapest hostel in KL and one of the cheapest in the world (less than 3 Euros a night) - the value for money is incredible. If you expect a 5 Star treatment, go pay for a 5 Star Hotel. This is a budget hostel and you get more than what you pay for. Staff is great, from the owner Mr. Stevie to the breakfast lady on the roof.

The place is all right, but there were several annoyances, like that there was no toilet paper in the bathrooms so you had to buy it yourself (it was cheap but still). And they turn off the lights in the dorms at midnight, so if you get in or get out you stumble around waking up people who are sleeping. On the upside most of the staff people were nice and its common area make it easy to meet people. Plus, it's cheap!

Thank you for your good comments, and the reply for the annoyances - As most guests houses in Asia do not provide toilet paper, we've tried putting it in however it will go missing soon or get wet. The dorm is a share basis, some wants to read and some wants to sleep so we draw a line to turn off the lights at midnight. Either way, we'll still get a bad comment either the light is on or off.

Liked the other travellers and staff. Dont expect much from the dorms with the price you are paying.

We stayed here 1 night (3 people). We paid 3 euros each. It's basically nothing more than a roof over your head, and a bed. It smells really bad. Good AC though. But the bathroom was worthless . Great location. It's really price worth, but I would never stand more than 1 night there!

Our hostel cater for everyone from the highest standards with rooms / beds with breakfast, 24 hrs air condition, thick mattress, white sheets and blanket and your rating is base on our lowest category, as what you've chosen, dorm without window. Smell is something beyond our control as it depends on the in house guests from time to time so it's unfair to give other travelers a wrong perception as the whole hostel is bad.

I thought was very good value for money, relatively clean safe good wifi.

Well...where to start. The hostel is located close to Chinatown and Puduraya bus station, which is good. But man, the room was terrible. I booked, thanks GOD, only for one night, as I missed my bus to Ipoh. The bed sheet very thin, dirty, and the mattress, OH. MY. I woke up with lot of beg bite on my body. And, did I tell you that the private room is only use fan? Dont ever go to the toilet! The toilet is as horrible as the room an they do not provide tissue paper.

As mention in previous replies, this review is based on the cheapest category, we have better beds and rooms

It is cheap for KL, the wifi works very well even when sitting in bed. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful. The bathrooms are very clean. The dorms have A/C but I believe turning it on at 7pm instead of 9 would help to the comfort factor a lot. Unfortunately someone brought bedbugs into the dorm whilst I was there. It seems to be quite a problem in KL, little a hostel can do to control it at times I guess. I believe the lockers should be free as the dorms are wide open.

Just needed a place to stay for the night i needed to sleep but didnt want to spend a lot of money. Bed was comfortable enough.

We went with this as it was the cheapest. You get what you pay for. Location is great right next to china town. We booked a 4 bed and got an 8 bed. walked through a smelly dorm to get to our even smellier dorm. The mattresses are paper thin. The AC is on 9pm-9am so you can't sleep out of these times as the room is too hot. The showers on level 3 are useless so use the ones on the ground level. Wifi is good. The staff were okay. Free lockers would be good considering the door didn't locked.

It has always been advertised as a 8 bed dorm, smell in the dorm is beyond our control as it depends on either clean or dirty guests from time to time. mattress are mainly 4 or 6 and some 8 inches thick so I suppose you are expecting a 12 inches thick mattress. We have the highest shower ratio and they are all the same satndards. Most guests are paranoid with look doors and most don't bother bringing their keys resulting banging d dorm doors and asking our staff to open for them

If you're not used to hosteling, don't stay here. This is a budget hostel. Which means you get a bed and some wifi if you're lucky. Don't expect much. I chose it because it fit my budget but I wouldn't recommend this place if you want to have a solid nights sleep. Rooftop was nice but closed in evenings. Breakfast was good. Staff was courteous but not overly helpful. They did have AC but it only runs after 7pm. Location was fine. Close to markets, shops and metro. You get what you pay for.

Hostel was very quiet, mainly older individuals. The rooftop bar was closed so there was really no one and nothing to do at the hostel.

• 15th Oct 2015

We stayed in a private room which was very good value. We arrived pretty late and the owner/manager had emailed me with his number just in case we were arriving after hours. They were very friendly and helpful. Room was good size and comfortable. Bathrooms were ok. Showers were not hot. Although I am yet to find a hot shower anywhere in Asia. And no blanket but that's no biggie. Overall a good hostel.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels