Backpackers Travellers Inn Reviews

60b, 2nd floor, Jalan Sultan, 50000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Well...where to start. The hostel is located close to Chinatown and Puduraya bus station, which is good. But man, the room was terrible. I booked, thanks GOD, only for one night, as I missed my bus to Ipoh. The bed sheet very thin, dirty, and the mattress, OH. MY. I woke up with lot of beg bite on my body. And, did I tell you that the private room is only use fan? Dont ever go to the toilet! The toilet is as horrible as the room an they do not provide tissue paper.

It is cheap for KL, the wifi works very well even when sitting in bed. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful. The bathrooms are very clean. The dorms have A/C but I believe turning it on at 7pm instead of 9 would help to the comfort factor a lot. Unfortunately someone brought bedbugs into the dorm whilst I was there. It seems to be quite a problem in KL, little a hostel can do to control it at times I guess. I believe the lockers should be free as the dorms are wide open.

Just needed a place to stay for the night i needed to sleep but didnt want to spend a lot of money. Bed was comfortable enough.

We went with this as it was the cheapest. You get what you pay for. Location is great right next to china town. We booked a 4 bed and got an 8 bed. walked through a smelly dorm to get to our even smellier dorm. The mattresses are paper thin. The AC is on 9pm-9am so you can't sleep out of these times as the room is too hot. The showers on level 3 are useless so use the ones on the ground level. Wifi is good. The staff were okay. Free lockers would be good considering the door didn't locked.

It has always been advertised as a 8 bed dorm, smell in the dorm is beyond our control as it depends on either clean or dirty guests from time to time. mattress are mainly 4 or 6 and some 8 inches thick so I suppose you are expecting a 12 inches thick mattress. We have the highest shower ratio and they are all the same satndards. Most guests are paranoid with look doors and most don't bother bringing their keys resulting banging d dorm doors and asking our staff to open for them

If you're not used to hosteling, don't stay here. This is a budget hostel. Which means you get a bed and some wifi if you're lucky. Don't expect much. I chose it because it fit my budget but I wouldn't recommend this place if you want to have a solid nights sleep. Rooftop was nice but closed in evenings. Breakfast was good. Staff was courteous but not overly helpful. They did have AC but it only runs after 7pm. Location was fine. Close to markets, shops and metro. You get what you pay for.

Hostel was very quiet, mainly older individuals. The rooftop bar was closed so there was really no one and nothing to do at the hostel.

• 15th Oct 2015

We stayed in a private room which was very good value. We arrived pretty late and the owner/manager had emailed me with his number just in case we were arriving after hours. They were very friendly and helpful. Room was good size and comfortable. Bathrooms were ok. Showers were not hot. Although I am yet to find a hot shower anywhere in Asia. And no blanket but that's no biggie. Overall a good hostel.

Good: Just the price and the nice lady, who is preparing breakfast. Not so good: The mattress was just disgusting, unfortunately I booked two nights. Had to pay extra for the half-broken locker, which was located downstairs, my dorm was in 3th floor. For the 8 female dorm you always have to cross the dark and smelly male dorm, doors where just closed during the night.

We stayed one night. My friend and I had mixed feelings. I didn't mind the hostel for the price we paid. The location is excellent as its close to all modes of transportation (bus station and train station). We weren't given keys for anything so we weren't sure how well the security would be but nothing was stolen as that's always a bonus. I liked the shower as it was hot and spacious but my friend did not. She didn't sleep well but i slept great. So this hostel really depends on what you want.

Our door had a key but the lock did not work. The only outlet was next to the door so the cord from the fan made it really hard to go in and out. There was no trash can in the room and not even in all the bathrooms. Staff was rude. However it's the cheapest possible hostel in a great area. You get what you pay for.

Really sociable and busy backpackers hostel in the heart of Chinatown. The staff are mostly very helpful and freindly, lockers are available for a 10 Ringit deposit, 1 Ringit a day charge is taken from this. The doors to the dorms are not usually locked but there are almost always people around and you shouldn't be leaving valuables in a hostel anyways. I reccomend this place, clenliness is fine and facilities are fine just as you would expect in a cheap hostel.

quick internet even at your bed. water blow not strong enough

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Vietnam
  • All Male Group, 25-30

you get what you pay for ! excelent for 3usd

Good value for money.

Great location, easy to find, fast wifi, good value for money. Notice that because it is cheap, you have to pay extra for everything (e.g. breakfast or even toilet paper)

Good value for money. Very basic accomodation. The rooms have no windows facing outside. The windows are facing the hallway, therefore there's a lack of privacy. A bit noisy. Close to bus, monorail and comuter stations. We stayed in private rooms.

Unashamedly cheap and cheerful. Well located. Mattresses and pillows were very thin. Access to some dorms through others isn't ideal. Lockers were provided.

really good location, friendly staff, would definitely stay here again. directly in Chinatown, lots of restaurants nearby, central market, Chinatown market in walking distance btw 2-5 min (but a wipe or cleaning would not make it worse ;))

As I'm not a fussy person, I enjoyed myself here. I met great people and the hostel isn't too far away from everything. If you are a neat freak you may not enjoy it as much as I did, but you get what you pay for!

• 13th Aug 2015

It's cheap but the space in the room was very limited. It's not a good idea to have a through dorm room as it's inconvenient for people who stay at that dorm room. Great location. The staff was ok.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels