Backpackers Travellers Inn Reviews

60b, 2nd floor, Jalan Sultan, 50000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Where do I begin.... When we arrived our reservation was not found because the lady did not deal with emails..., then she told us there are rooms with and without air condition which was not stated when we booked, there were bed bugs in our room, hot water was not working everywhere, rooms have actual opening to the outside which are partly covered with plastic and rain got in one night... worth the money if it was 50 p.. go somewhere else!

I wouldn't stay here again it's awful.

• 12th Sep 2014

This hostel was great because we met so many other backpackers there. The location is fun and easy to get around from.

What a hole! The staff are great! let's say that along with the location were the redeeming features however, no sheets, just bed covers, I had bed bugs the first night (changed rooms before it was serious, after killing half a dozen), the second room the bed cover didn't fit and I woke u with rashes all over presumably from the mattress. The bathrooms were appalling with an interesting flushing mechanism that no one could understand and inevitably broke daily leaving the results for others..

• 11th Sep 2014

We've repeated many times, sheets is available upon request, so is been one of the biggest hostel in town, we have so many rooms and bathrooms so if one room is infested, don't make it look as though the whole hostel is infested. We didn't plant the bugs there to bite our guests, you've reported to us and we've closed the room for treatment. Just because one one toilet keep breaking, it doesn't mean the rest of the 13 toilets is broken as well.

Best deal for your money in KL.The dorms are comfortable and the Air/Con works really good at night from 9pm-9am. It's a clean hostel. The wifi works good but when they have a lot of travelers/customers doesn't work really fast. No breakfast included but in the roof they offer very good prices for breakfast, drinks and food...and the lady working in the roof is really friendly. Good location. They offer a lot of good facilities for a small fee like lockers, etc. Nice place. I will go back again!

Very cheap. When I arrived they said that they couldn't check the booking and gave me another room which was a bit more expensive.

Cheap, clean hostel. Small room with bed bathroom and fan. Good for that price, good location. Staff is helpfull.

I can't say anything bad about this hostel. The bathrooms and rooms are clean, the staff speaks well English and will help you with any question, location in the middle of Chinatown is not bad either. You can have a locker for a little charge of 1RM per day and it is the cheapest place to stay in KL! The only thing is that the rooms are quite small and shabby. And one of the dorm is a walk-through room without a window. The air-co in the dorms works from 9pm-9am and it gets quite cold.

Hey travellers, The staff was very unfriendly and not cooperative. Specially the nightguard was very rude, why we didn't feel very safe during our stay at this hostel. One time he was talking to my friend in such an agressive way, only because he was charging her phone in the lobby of the hostel. I am very sorry, but I can not recommend this hostel. But don't worry, I am sure there are many other nice hostels in Kuala Lumpur. So enjoy your stay... Bye

• 17th Aug 2014

Your friend was rude too, she wanted to charge her phone via the modem without asking at 3.00 am when the computer was turned off, for guests who've stayed here, there's loads of people in the reception using their gadgets through the night without any problems, bottom line of your message to our potential guests is 'Don't stay here'

although i've seen a lot of bad comments about this hostel, i still decided to stay because of my tight budget. it's not that bad. In fact, it's quite NICE. the location is perfect. there's no complaint :)

This place is good, clean and the staff is nice and friendly. I'm comfortable.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Have you ever been in jail? Wait until you sleep here.

Looks like we've hosted a criminal, ex jailed convict who can describe our hostel as a jail

Wifi was awful, place was unpleasant, cement floors walls and ceilings with no furniture, could definitely do better elsewhere

• 18th Jul 2014

As mention very clearly we're just a scruffy hostel but we're licensed. Unpleasant because of cement floor and ceiling with no furniture ? You certainly has a lot of expectation from a hostel. If our FREE WiFi is awful, there's high speed data plan widely and easily available. While we respect your rights to comment however the hidden content of this feedback is to tell potential guest not to stay here.

I was in Kuala Lumpur with my friends for 2 days and Backpacker Travellers Inn was our best choice. I really like the staff here. They are so friendly and kind. If i have a chance to come back here, i will definitely choose this Inn once again. :)

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Vietnam

Good location in Chinatown, unbeatable value for money : 12RM/ night for the dorm, clean and quiet, sleep so well here that I can't get off my bed in the morning ! Feel really safe. Lockers available. No kitchen, no fridge, no free breakfast, no coffee or tea... but you got hot water 24/7 so you can make yout own hot drinks or noodle if you wish. Aircon at night only, very cool and nice in the dorm, but daytime is quite hot. Aircon in the common room 24/7. Friendly staff. ALL GOOD !!

the bathroom is very dirty.

Recomendable, bien ubicado y con aire acondicionado por horas en todas las habitaciones, bar en la terraza, no se puede pedir más. Good locación, reasonable price, air acondicionated, Good choice,!!!

Good location and very cheap. Its an old building and relatively beat-up looking, but it's kept extremely clean. The dorm has air con from 9pm-9am but no fans. Mattresses are thin and they don't provide a top sheet or blanket (unless you ask). Free WiFi I and air con in the common room downstairs. Close to public transport. Bring a towel or buy one for 12 rm. The man at reception isn't terribly friendly nor is the woman.

Good budget place to sleep. I found it clean and quiet. There are lockers for a small fee. It is very low price, so does not include any extras. Basically you get a bed and sheet.

The manager is the only one entitled to make decisions. No other staff member is allowed to decide on anything which means that when he is away all running affairs come to a screeching halt. Apperently he does not trust anyone but himself. The light in my room was not working for 4 (four!!!!) days. I told the staff every day but appently nobody was capable of finding someone to fix this. On leaving I asked for a discount because the room was actually unfit for renting out. Nothing, unacceptabl

Wonderful description of me from someone whom I've never met. We've ask you to move room however you wanted to stay put. Attempts was made to fix it but it was beyond our capacity, our electrician promise to come but ended in the hospital. Bottom line, you wanted a FREE stay which was turn down. Why did you stayed in a room which is UNFIT for 4 days instead of moving to the next room ?

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels