Superb 2,210 Total Reviews
Superb 2,210 Total Reviews
Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Located at Alpenstrasse 16, , Interlaken.
Switzerland
Interlaken 3800 Alpenstrasse 16
94% 2210
46.6844082 7.8618121
    Rooms available

21st May 2016

One of the best hostels I have stayed at! Extremely clean facilities, very helpful staff, a great beer garden, and cool lounge to meet other backpackers. We only stayed 1 night in this hostel, but I wish we would have stayed longer.

19th May 2016

Had a great stay!! Only reason not a 10 we had a negative experience with the initial staff member who checked us in, h seemed tired/ annoyed, and wasnt very helpfu. With that said, EVERYONE else was very kind. the facility has a great location! you view the mountains, and get to see all the paragliders land! the place is so clean and a great time. Heads up: the unlimited breakfast is of bread with nutella/ jam and yogurt with granola. Only suggestoin I would have would be more breakfast opt!

10th May 2016

I really liked this place. The free bus pass is great, and free or cheap laundry based on your choice. Breakfast is the basic European toast and cereal. Plenty of room in kitchen area. Interlaken is wonderful. You can sit out front and watch paragliders land.

• South Korea, Couple, 25-30
7th May 2016

facilities is very good. everything was good.

• saraeslinger4409
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
7th May 2016

Amazing hostel in Interlaken! I stayed here 7 years ago and couldn't wait to come back! The facilities, staff, and cleanliness still all receive excellent marks--I can't stress that enough. I will say that tie clientele has changed, which really altered the experience. The rooms have private lockers designed for backpacking packs (hence the name of the hostel) but 90% of the clients bring large LARGE suitcases which don't fit comfortably in the room. I hope management can solve this issue.

6th May 2016

Wonderful hostel! Best I've ever stayed in! Very accommodating, helpful. Well thought out facilities

• Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2016

The best hostel I've ever stayed at throughout all my travels! Well thought-out, planned hostel from the lockers, lobby, kitchen, terrace, computer room....good location, excellent staff who speaks fluent English. The building is well designed, modern and sleek! love this hostel! I will stay here again next time for sure!!

• India, Couple, 25-30
26th Apr 2016

This hostel deserves 100 out of 10. I've a frequent traveller and I stay in hostels world wide, but Backpackers villa just took it to another Level all together. By far the best hostel in Europe I've been to. The staff, the facility, the location, the rooms, the lobby, the breakfast, the culture , the atmosphere, I can on and on was just PERFECT ! I had planned to stay for 1 day I extended it to 2. Christina in the front desk - the sweetest person I've met in Swiss. Thank you so much :)

26th Apr 2016

Would give the staff a 20/10 if possible, very helpful in answering any questions. Great environment!

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2016

Possibly the cleanest hostel I've stayed in. The location of the hostel was really good, although for all the services they offered I would not have any problems with the hostel being a little farther. The staff were really nice, helpful and patient. There was a garden (YES!) and it was really beautiful, and the FREE breakfast was really filling. Thank you for making us feel that broke backpackers deserve to have all the services, and more of a 5 star hotel.