Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

We had an AMAZING stay at Backpackers Villa. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The dorms and facilities were very clean. Breakfast is provided and they even give you coins to do your laundry which was great! Also, the location couldn't be better! Everything was within walking distance. Will be back again!

The staff was really nice and the hostel was clean. The location was great, right in between the two train stations in Interlaken. Breakfast is pretty good and there was luggage storage.

Great location, friendly staff and very impressive facilities for a hostel. Great free breakfast too!

I stayed one night in the BP Villa for my visit to Interlaken to do a bungee jump... It was a pleasant stay. Its location is perfect; near by the train station and close to all services. The place is clean and the staff are friendly. The breakfast is basic but good. As one of the reviews mentioned; it's not a back packers place per say but a great place nonetheless!

This hostel was great. Great staff, clean, safe, located very well. I would have given this hostel a perfect score but honestly every single night I slept there I had an awful night. The people in my dorm room made a ridiculous amount of noise at night and early in the morning. Not the hostels fault but I just wish that they would be very clear on respect when staying in a hostel ie, being quiet after a certain time, etc. There is also a lot of families and children that had stayed there.

Excellent hostel but NOT a 'backpackers' villa. I rocked up with my hiking boots and rucksack hoping to meet some like-minded outdoorsy folk but it was full of Asian tourists with their massive suitcases! Absolutely nothing wrong with this of course, and I highly recommend it to Korean visitors - they all seemed to be having a nice time. I just felt a little isolated as an Aussie solo-backpacker. Couldn't fault the hostel in any other way though!

Soooooooo good!! Visted Interlaken on out trip around Europe, we can't recommend it enough! Such a cool to visit, nice way to get a break from the big cities in Europe:) Perfect plage for outdoor activities, paragliding and hiking, and the scenery is so beautiful with a view to lakes and the alps! And the hostel made it amazing with its hotel standard. So nice beds and shower facilities, good breakfast and extremely helpful staff! Movie room and dvds for rent, good kitchen and fondue set-rent

Nice place, a lot of Asians though.

It was great! No need to say more.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Quiet rooms, good breakfast, fast wi-fi that works everywhere, great staff, excellent location. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends :)

Great hostel

Staff is amazing, the breakfast was amazing and they give you tokens that you can use for a drink or laundry. Overall a really good place to stay at.

This was a great hostel. I had the misfortune of staying during 30C temperature and the room had no A/C. But it did have great wifi and view of the mountains on the balcony.

Fantastic hostel, everything was the way you needed it and the facilities were more than you could've wanted. Exceptionally clean. Staff as friendly (and cute) as could be. Would've been great for meeting people but we came at a time of lots of Koreans so that made it hard.

The weather was very hot but there is no air conditioner inside this hostel. Couldn't sleep at all.

Dear guest, Thanks for taking the time to write your comments. I am sorry that you perceived your room too hot to sleep. It's correct that we don't have air condition. Main reason is that such heat is very unusual for this country. Second: air condition is very demanding on the environment and since we are an eco friendly hostel and even compensate for the CO2 footprint (myclimate.com) to be a CO2 neutral hostel, it does not make sense to put in air condition. We hope you understand

Amazing facilities and services for a hostel it almost felt like a hotel! Very friendly staff willing to answer any questions! If you want to party though, Balmers is more of a young party crowd whereas sonnenhof is more relaxed but better facilities (just newer, balmers has a cool vibe too). All depends what youre looking for! But i had a great stay:)

Overall, it was quite nice stay. It was clean, and comfortable and I like the computer at the lobby with SD card reader. It helped me manage tons of pictures from my trip. And the staff (especially the blond lady at the reception) was extremely friendly and helpful. I really appreciate her help. I love Backpackers villa !!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

It was hard to believe this place was a hostel and not a hotel with the quality of amenities provided! 2 tokens are provided per night, which is enough to do laundry, get 2 hot drinks, or use their computer. Fantastic place to stay, got to chat with others in the hostel, and the staff were very helpful. But like mentioned, many Koreans!

A great hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Delicious free breakfast. Tokens provided for free laundry and drying. Spacious rooms.

Great hostel for exploring Interlaken and it has great facilities and very helpful staff. If you don't speak Korean it's a little hard to meet people and the kitchen gets really crowded during dinner time. Booking activities through the front desk is really helpful and the breakfast is good but lacks anything with protein. Overall a great hostel but if you really want to get up into the mountains stay here a couple nights then try somewhere like Grindelwald.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4