Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken)

Superb 3024 Total Reviews
Superb 3024 Total Reviews

• Northern Ireland, Male, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
6.9

The staff were generally very pleasant, however I was told to 'look at a map' by an older lady behind the desk when all I asked was where the funicular train station was. I don't recommend this place for solo travellers at all. The hostel appears to be very popular for Asian tour groups, which while I'm sure is great for the hostel, the atmosphere in the common areas is zero and there is very little room to cook. All the bathrooms are unisex so I would avoid if that makes you uncomfortable.

23rd Jul 2017

This is one of the cleanest hostels I have ever been in. The location is excellent. You are 10-15 minutes from both train stations, Harder Klum and next to Central Park. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were great at helping me find/book activities or get information for transportation. There are many common spaces to meet people. There were mostly Chinese tourists during my stay which made it a little difficult to meet people due to the language barrier. I will definitely stay again.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Jul 2017
7.4

Interlaken is a beautiful place and it would have been perfect, if it wasn't full of Chinese tourists. Me and my friend saw only two other people in the hostel who weren't Chinese. The town was also packed with Chinese tourists, and the people working in the local shops didn't even speak German, only English or Chinese. Bearing in mind we were supposedly in German speaking Switzerland. My friend and I cancelled our second night and hiked up a mountain to stay in a mountain hut instead.

• the_phero7010
  • Egypt, Male, 18-24
19th Jul 2017

The place is great But for a solo traveler it will be hard to mert new people as most of the travelers are either korean or chinese, i would recommend the place for a group thennit eill be a grea place to be. They give you tokens to free wash your clothes and for coffee. Also a card that offeres discounts in different restaurants and shops plus free bus use.

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017

The most notable part of this hostel was the staff. They were absolutely fantastic. They made me feel very welcome from the minute I stepped through the door, they were incredibly knowledgeable and were happy to provide me with any information I needed for my stay. I can't thank them enough. Other than that, everything was good - breakfast, lockers and plugs, cleanliness. The atmosphere was strange as I was the only English speaking but maybe it was just like that when I was there.

• Hong Kong, Couple, 31-40
15th Jul 2017

The hostel is located between the two stations and you need a 15 minutes walk. The staff are very nice and friendly. The atmosphere is nice and comfortbale. The room is clean, but just a bit hot during the day time. I love to have cooking and laundry there. It would be perfect if there are more choices for the breakfast.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
13th Jul 2017

This place is centrally located in interlaken so the walk between the two train stations is even. It is by far and away the CLEANEST hostel I've ever visited. The staff are kind and very helpful. The hostel appears to cater more to groups (based on our 6 nights there) rather than solo or couple travellers. Unlike most hostels, this place doesn't have an activity each night but theres a free tv room, and various games around the hostel to cure evening boredom. Definitely not a party hostel.

13th Jul 2017

Very good hostel. Nothing to complain about, everything was as promised and better.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2017

Great atmosphere and helpful staff. Despite being a bit pricier than other hostels, there are tons of added bonuses like discounts around town, a bus pass, breakfast and coffee which well make up for the difference. The location is also fantastic, and the rooms are top-knotch in all regards. I would definitely recommend staying here.

9th Jul 2017

Just a good straightforward hostel. Good people, good location, good atmosphere. No complaints. Interlaken is a great town and this place is really nicely located.