Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

This is a great hostel to stay in and an amazing location. Awesome views of the alps from my window, great facilities, amazing helpful staff, free laundry was also a big bonus. The only bad thing really is putting up with the very large Asian (mostly Korean) population here, but still well worth it. I'll definitely come back.

사인실썻는데 화장실이랑 샤워장이 안에있어서 소리가 좀 민망했어요 밖에 공요 화장실? 못밨거든요 ... 그래서 모르는 젊은 남녀가있다면 볼일볼때 매우 민망...ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Niceist staff I have ever met

the best staff as I seen

This place represents what a hostel should be: great and helpful staff, comfortable rooms and showers, great breakfast and friendly kitchen/lounge. A great idea to give you those tokens to have a coffee or to do your laundry as you please. Really a nice hostel. 15 minutes walking from the Interlaken Ost train station and with supermarkets (till 10 PM) nearby. I really enjoyed my stay there.

nice hostel,staff are all kind and helpful,just at night in the room didn't have wifi,breakfast is good

One of the best hostels I've stayed at.

I can't compliment this hostel enough! I've been to plenty of hostels throughout my travels, and this one definitely ranks the highest! The value for your money is incredible. It's incredibly clean, has huge lockers, FREE COFFEE!, good WiFi, great location, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend booking this hostel if you come to Interlaken!

I really enjoyed it here. Really cosy place with nice breakfast, excellent kitchen facilities and a cool movie room. The staff are really friendly and very knowledgeable about the local area, such as hikes and bus routes. You free localmbus rides by staying here toomso you get good value for money.

It is about fifteen minutes walk from interlaken Ost railway station. Very quiet and beautiful. The staff are very nice and help to send postcards. The knives there is 10% cheaper with a student card. Very like it.

I only stayed one night, so I haven't really experience too much in the hostel. The room was pretty narrow for 6 people. The thing that I am not satisfied is the location. If you plan to arrive in Interlaken at night, please consider other hostels near the train station (especially girls), otherwise you need to walk through a pretty long dark field yourself, because in the late evening, there's no 102 or other buses to drive you directly to the hostel.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • China

I would definitely not stay at this hostel again. My friend and I stayed for one night while backpacking and were very surprised to find very old men in our room with us. We felt very uncomfortable being two 20 year old girls surrounded by old men in their underwear. We then tried to escape to the public areas, but felt we did not belong because of the heavy Asian population staying at the hostel.

• 28th Aug 2014

Lovely hostel, good location, tall bunk beds with lights, large kitchen space! Loved the free laundry!! Breakfast was decent. Shortened my trip because of bad weather and the staff were very nice about it.

awesome hostel set out great, everybody was really friendly. They do a free walking tour from there which was good. kitchen was good to

The location is far from stations-middle of east and west stations. but the place is so neat and clean they have individual lockers and clean bed they give you 2 coins per night which can be used for laundry, coffee....

sooo many koreans in there so if u r not koreans, u feels like middle in the seoul. room was good and there's a kitchen where u can cook. but location was not that good(compare with interlaken youthhostel) but not that far from interlaken ost about 15min by walk)

Best hostel I've ever stayed in

I had a great time in your hostel. When I stayed there, the reception staff always provided good service for me and smiled at me. I was very happy to stay there. If I go Interlaken again, I am sure I will go your hostel. And I recommend my friends to stay your hostel if it is possible.

The counter staff were extremely helpful and competent. I had asked for details on visiting Jungfrau and they were able to assist me very well. They were friendly and approachable. Complimentary breakfast was a great bonus to the stay!

One of the best hostels. Coins for coffee/washing machine are some ideas! Clean beds. Lockers with keys are good. Basic but quality breakfast. Kitchen area is always crowded, but enough stoves/sinks/everyting. Well managed, thanks. I hope there are many hostels like this everywhere in the world.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4