Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

Soooooooo good!! Visted Interlaken on out trip around Europe, we can't recommend it enough! Such a cool to visit, nice way to get a break from the big cities in Europe:) Perfect plage for outdoor activities, paragliding and hiking, and the scenery is so beautiful with a view to lakes and the alps! And the hostel made it amazing with its hotel standard. So nice beds and shower facilities, good breakfast and extremely helpful staff! Movie room and dvds for rent, good kitchen and fondue set-rent

Nice place, a lot of Asians though.

It was great! No need to say more.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Quiet rooms, good breakfast, fast wi-fi that works everywhere, great staff, excellent location. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends :)

Great hostel

Staff is amazing, the breakfast was amazing and they give you tokens that you can use for a drink or laundry. Overall a really good place to stay at.

This was a great hostel. I had the misfortune of staying during 30C temperature and the room had no A/C. But it did have great wifi and view of the mountains on the balcony.

Fantastic hostel, everything was the way you needed it and the facilities were more than you could've wanted. Exceptionally clean. Staff as friendly (and cute) as could be. Would've been great for meeting people but we came at a time of lots of Koreans so that made it hard.

The weather was very hot but there is no air conditioner inside this hostel. Couldn't sleep at all.

Dear guest, Thanks for taking the time to write your comments. I am sorry that you perceived your room too hot to sleep. It's correct that we don't have air condition. Main reason is that such heat is very unusual for this country. Second: air condition is very demanding on the environment and since we are an eco friendly hostel and even compensate for the CO2 footprint (myclimate.com) to be a CO2 neutral hostel, it does not make sense to put in air condition. We hope you understand

Amazing facilities and services for a hostel it almost felt like a hotel! Very friendly staff willing to answer any questions! If you want to party though, Balmers is more of a young party crowd whereas sonnenhof is more relaxed but better facilities (just newer, balmers has a cool vibe too). All depends what youre looking for! But i had a great stay:)

Overall, it was quite nice stay. It was clean, and comfortable and I like the computer at the lobby with SD card reader. It helped me manage tons of pictures from my trip. And the staff (especially the blond lady at the reception) was extremely friendly and helpful. I really appreciate her help. I love Backpackers villa !!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

A great hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Delicious free breakfast. Tokens provided for free laundry and drying. Spacious rooms.

Great hostel for exploring Interlaken and it has great facilities and very helpful staff. If you don't speak Korean it's a little hard to meet people and the kitchen gets really crowded during dinner time. Booking activities through the front desk is really helpful and the breakfast is good but lacks anything with protein. Overall a great hostel but if you really want to get up into the mountains stay here a couple nights then try somewhere like Grindelwald.

Very nice staff Quite far from Interlaken Ost Station Only one night stay is not enough in this hostel, hope I could stay longer next time

The reception is very good ,They give time to solve the customers anxiety/problems in a very happy and pleasant manner

• 15th Jun 2015
  • India

The location is unbeatable. It's right in between Interlaken west and ost station. And staffs are really friendly and helpful. I had most of my bookings done by staffs and they helped me a lot. Especially Nathalie!! :-). I loved staying there. However, if you are traveling solo, it may not be the best hostel to meet people. A lot of Koreans. Facilities are flawlessly clean and managed well. I'd definitely stay there again!

Really helpful staffs and great location and great facilities!!!! gREaT

Pretty easy to see why this hostel has such good ratings. It is really nice and had a great atmosphere. The price is great too, you get fewer facilities for a greater price in other parts of Switzerland. The staff were great and the breakfast was sufficient.

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at. If you are looking for a party hostel this is not it, but you shouldn't be traveling to Interlaken to party to begin with. With that said this hostel is extremely clean, great facilities/resources, awesome staff, and an unbelievable location in the heart of Interlaken. If I ever find myself in this area of the world again I wouldn't think twice about choosing backpackers villa.

Right in the center of Interlaken. Staff is super friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the hostel itself is really big and nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4