Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

It there is a big mirror on the wall that will be better.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • China

Great Staff - Easily accessible from the interlaken station (A bus ride will drop you right in front of the hostel); Great facilities (Towels, Laundry, breakfast all included); Lot of good (and cheap also, if you prefer) places to eat nearby! The staff was sooo helpful!! Great place to stay! Never expected such a good service at such a low price! If you are going to Interlaken; Do Choose Backpackers Villa!!!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • India

Hostel itself was good- the lockers were a great size, we stayed in a 6bed dorm, and it wasn't crowded at all. I just wish I had researched Interlaken itself a little more, because the city has been taken over by Asians, and it doesn't feel like you're in the Switzerland that you passed through on the train. We did a day trip to Lucern, and I wish we had stayed in that city instead. Switzerland is a gorgeous country, and Interlaken is a tourist trap. Hostel was good- and the staff was fantastic.

The staff were very friendly, efficient and went out of their way to help us with travel plans. The hostel was very clean and was very quiet even with the shared WC outside our door. Excellent facilties and good location. Good value for money.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Great place! Nothing to complain, will definitely go again!

Can't say anything bad about this place. I really enjoyed staying here! Staff was great! Rooms clean with a locker and key for every person. Good breakfast. Nothing bad at all! :D

This is a great hostel to stay in and an amazing location. Awesome views of the alps from my window, great facilities, amazing helpful staff, free laundry was also a big bonus. The only bad thing really is putting up with the very large Asian (mostly Korean) population here, but still well worth it. I'll definitely come back.

I found everything to be very satisfactory except the location is a bit far from both railway stations (Interlaken East and Interlaken West.) This inconvenience is partially offset by the fact that bus 102 (route number as I remembered) is connecting both stations and has a stop at the door of this hostel. If the hostel can communicate this better with travelers then I am sure a lot of travelers will choose this hostel over others.

인터라켄 서역과 가깝구요 일단 주방이있어 대만족ㅎㅎ 시설 친절 모두 만족합니다

사인실썻는데 화장실이랑 샤워장이 안에있어서 소리가 좀 민망했어요 밖에 공요 화장실? 못밨거든요 ... 그래서 모르는 젊은 남녀가있다면 볼일볼때 매우 민망...ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Niceist staff I have ever met

the best staff as I seen

This place represents what a hostel should be: great and helpful staff, comfortable rooms and showers, great breakfast and friendly kitchen/lounge. A great idea to give you those tokens to have a coffee or to do your laundry as you please. Really a nice hostel. 15 minutes walking from the Interlaken Ost train station and with supermarkets (till 10 PM) nearby. I really enjoyed my stay there.

nice hostel,staff are all kind and helpful,just at night in the room didn't have wifi,breakfast is good

One of the best hostels I've stayed at.

I can't compliment this hostel enough! I've been to plenty of hostels throughout my travels, and this one definitely ranks the highest! The value for your money is incredible. It's incredibly clean, has huge lockers, FREE COFFEE!, good WiFi, great location, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend booking this hostel if you come to Interlaken!

I really enjoyed it here. Really cosy place with nice breakfast, excellent kitchen facilities and a cool movie room. The staff are really friendly and very knowledgeable about the local area, such as hikes and bus routes. You free localmbus rides by staying here toomso you get good value for money.

It is about fifteen minutes walk from interlaken Ost railway station. Very quiet and beautiful. The staff are very nice and help to send postcards. The knives there is 10% cheaper with a student card. Very like it.

I only stayed one night, so I haven't really experience too much in the hostel. The room was pretty narrow for 6 people. The thing that I am not satisfied is the location. If you plan to arrive in Interlaken at night, please consider other hostels near the train station (especially girls), otherwise you need to walk through a pretty long dark field yourself, because in the late evening, there's no 102 or other buses to drive you directly to the hostel.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • China

I would definitely not stay at this hostel again. My friend and I stayed for one night while backpacking and were very surprised to find very old men in our room with us. We felt very uncomfortable being two 20 year old girls surrounded by old men in their underwear. We then tried to escape to the public areas, but felt we did not belong because of the heavy Asian population staying at the hostel.

• 28th Aug 2014