Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

sooo many koreans in there so if u r not koreans, u feels like middle in the seoul. room was good and there's a kitchen where u can cook. but location was not that good(compare with interlaken youthhostel) but not that far from interlaken ost about 15min by walk)

Best hostel I've ever stayed in

I had a great time in your hostel. When I stayed there, the reception staff always provided good service for me and smiled at me. I was very happy to stay there. If I go Interlaken again, I am sure I will go your hostel. And I recommend my friends to stay your hostel if it is possible.

The counter staff were extremely helpful and competent. I had asked for details on visiting Jungfrau and they were able to assist me very well. They were friendly and approachable. Complimentary breakfast was a great bonus to the stay!

One of the best hostels. Coins for coffee/washing machine are some ideas! Clean beds. Lockers with keys are good. Basic but quality breakfast. Kitchen area is always crowded, but enough stoves/sinks/everyting. Well managed, thanks. I hope there are many hostels like this everywhere in the world.

Excellent hostel.

The room was too small and hot. The hostel was OK, but there was so many Koreans, and apparently they got together and dominate the hostel, the washing machine, the social area, everything was full because they was taking over everything and the staff didn't do or say anything.

Really nice hostel, in a perfect location in Interlaken. Very, very quiet hostel.

Excellent hostel

PERFECT facilities! and perfect kindness! I'm satisfied with all of this hostel. 근데 한국사람진짜많음. 엠티온줄알았음 전부삼겹살굽고. 자신이 혼자다니고 어울리는거에 잘 적응하지 못한다면 추천하고싶지않음. 뭔가 소외감느낄수도있음. 한국인너무많아서 점수깎을라다가 말았음

I like this Hostel, everything was good

Really good in all things

this hostel was great. switzerland is an expensive place and as such so was the hostel however the amenities were amazing. they give you 6 tokens which you can use for coffee, internet or laundry. a load of laundry is only 2 tokens and drying is free so this was awesome for us. they had a massive kitchen with 4 stoves and plenty of seating and fridge area. the rooms were nice and spacious with really comfy pillows and a sink the in room. amazing!!

Probably the nicest place we stayed on our one month european trip. Really nice place that had free laundry (thank you jesus). You just had to do it when people weren't around.

Excellent and clean facilities, such as laundry, coffee machine, kitchen, and showers/ toilets. The bunk beds were also well made, and the person in the bottom bunk could sit up if they chose to. Laundry line was long, but the washer and dryer did the job of cleaning and drying my dirty clothes. I liked that there was a sink in the room and roomy lockers. Good location to central Interlaken, but a little bit of a walk from the train station. Reliable internet.

This hostel is incredible. I would stay here any time. As a note, it is not a great place to meet other English speaking backpackers. Most of people staying here are Korean.

Very nice hostel with all the best of everything. Friendly, accommodating staff, nice rooms with lockers, pleasant bathrooms and very good atmosphere in public areas. The one hideously annoying aspect was that there was exactly ONE outlet in the entire 4-bed dorm, which was quite inconvenient. But with that, and a couple of terribly rude roommates aside, I'd happily stay again!

The staff were very nice. The laundry services were adequate (just go when it's quiet) perfect location, in the centre of everything. Many common areas, but usually empty. Reception closes around 11pm, always annoying. Would stay here again

I couldn't have been happier with the hostel. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. It's people that make a trip that much more special/fun ... and the people working at this hostel did just that. Highly recommend this to anyone in need of a cozy place to stay with a great location. Appreciate the love!

This hostel is lovely! Such a clean, fun friendly place and the staff are lovely! They also give tokens that can be redeemed for free hot drinks and laundry a definite winner! This is my favourite hostel by far and would love to stay again! Thank you!

• 7th Jun 2014