Superb 2,160 Total Reviews
Superb 2,160 Total Reviews
Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Located at Alpenstrasse 16, , Interlaken.
Switzerland
Interlaken 3800 Alpenstrasse 16
94% 2160
46.6844082 7.8618121
    Rooms available

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2016

Possibly the cleanest hostel I've stayed in. The location of the hostel was really good, although for all the services they offered I would not have any problems with the hostel being a little farther. The staff were really nice, helpful and patient. There was a garden (YES!) and it was really beautiful, and the FREE breakfast was really filling. Thank you for making us feel that broke backpackers deserve to have all the services, and more of a 5 star hotel.

23rd Apr 2016

Amazing! This hostel is definitely one of the best I have ever stayed at. Very clean, very friendly and helpful staff--would recommend 100%.

18th Apr 2016

The staff set me up with a trip up the Jungfrau and a paragliding ride. They made my time in Interlaken wonderful. Hung out with a great group I met at the hostel.

16th Apr 2016

This hostel was great! They give you free breakfast, and coins so that you can do your laundry for free. It is very well located and easy to get to from either train station. The rooms are really clean and the staff is really nice. I loved this hostel and I will definitely go back! I am very picky when it comes to hostels and I loved this hostel, and will definitely go back!

• Thailand, Male, 31-40
15th Apr 2016

This place is very nice base to start exploring the town, it is in the middle, you can go both downtown and the east station to other famous attractions. I am surprised with two tokens they gave for the first night of stay. You can use it for two hot drinks or a washing machine for free! Breakfast is included. The staff is very helpful with all the information you need. All clean. All great. Recommended.

• Indonesia, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2016

It's very nice hostel. Located in the center of Interlaken, the staff will give you any information you need about Interlaken and it's surrounding. Information about nearest ATM, buying ticket to Jungfrau, free use of local busses and trains, free wifi, etc you can get if you stay in this hostel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and good atmosphere. I love stay in this hostel.

Dear guest Thanks a lot for taking the time to write a comment and review. I am sorry that you found the self catering kitchen in such an unsatisfying state. It is very important to us that we keep the highest possible standards of cleanliness and hygiene. The kitchen therefore, is immaculously cleaned by us once a day. During the evenings we additionally make sure to change bins and try to remind guests to clean up after themselves. I am fully aware that this does not always work out the way we would like it to. I apologize for that. The kitchen can be very busy in the evenings from about 8pm. Making use of it before might help to find it in a more welcoming and clean state. We will ensure to go over our procedures again to see whether we can make some improvements from our side. I hope you still enjoyed your stay in Interlaken and the view of the Swiss Alps! We wish you fun and all the best for your travels. Regards, Catherin

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2016
7.1

Lovely accomodation (but what couldn't be in Interlaken overlooked by the alps!) BUT the kitchen was DISGUSTING. I think this was mainly because their large customer base from the east did not clean up after themselves, however, the hostel clearly was not enforcing a minimum level of self-catering cleanliness.

• Indonesia, Female, 31-40
9th Apr 2016

This is the best hostel ever, i feel like home! They have everything that i want from balcony, lounge, kitchen, washing machine & dryer, b'fast area etc, of course it comes with a great view & nice ambience. Toilet & shower are separated, wastafel is equipped w/ hair dryer :D. I'd def come back to stay here again

7th Apr 2016

This hostel and all the people that work here were absolutely wonderful. The front desk staff was great at helping guide me in the best direction based off what the weather was like in the mornings. The breakfast was good and there was this great machine that would create your morning beverages for you. I was even able to wash my clothes here for FREE! I didn't know my clothes could feel so soft! I loved this place and I don't love many.

• Indonesia, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2016

It's relatively cheap for such a nice place. Lots of freebies e.g. Hot drinks/laundry (from 2 coins per day given during check in), access to swimming pool, etc. However, when I was there, seems lots of people coming from Korea which then makes the atmosphere less international and social.