Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

wow. I haven't seen there ever. there is almost Koera haha:) and I satisfied of hot chocolate and service. and if I go Interaken next time maybe I must go your hostel.

Absolutely amazing hostel - super clean rooms & toilets, decent breakfast as well as superb facilities, not forgetting the friendly staff (kudos to Cat who was extremely helpful with suggestions on how to plan my visit). Very thoughtful with small details like "public" lockers in the corridor, small wall shelf by the bed, towels, huge personal lockers and hangers in the room. Pity on the wifi though, worked in the room in the morning but didn't work at night, only in the lobby. I recommend!

Too many people stay there, so it's a bit crowded both in the common area (e.g. kitchen) and the room. Everything's good except that if the room you're staying is full, there's little space for luggage. But it's a great experience to stay there anyway. The staff is really helpful!

it is a good hotel, there are a lot of people from around the world. The atmosphere is also very good.

very nice hostel!

• 22nd Dec 2013

If this place had atmosphere it would easily be the best hostel in europe. Very good facilities, breakfast security etc. it is more of a ski resort than a hostel but in interlaken thats a good thing! 90% of guests were Koreans who were unwelcoming and stuck to themselves though

A very good hostel in interlaken. Very friendly and helpful staff. And a good place to meet new friends too.

very nice hostel

Staff members were very helpful in answering our questions about what we wanted to do and what was available in Interlaken, where to go and where to eat and of course, were very friendly and approachable.

Nice hostel, superb comfortable duvet, facilities are perfectly done, likes the key system; room and locker are spacious, come with balcony. I really enjoy my stay there, except there's TWO dorm-mates, ruin it by consumed alcohol in the room, both of them holding a bottle of wine and cheese, eating n drinking on upper bed, just wearing underwear n tops, the cheese bits dropped to those beds on below, ON music loudly at 1am, and spoilt the door on the balcony, luckily it was my last night there..

Very Great Place, loved every second. Amazing breakfast and coffee and tea available all the time.

Best hostel ive stayed at in europe! Helpful and friendly staff.

Excellent staff. They were able to accommodate my last minute requests, book appointments for me, and did it all with a smile. Very walkable city. Interlaken is beautiful, and I had a great view from my window. Kitchen is large and has good equipment.

Sonnenhof was the perfect place to stay in Interlaken! It's cozy and comfortable and is really well located. The staff are very friendly and have great suggestions for restaurants and activities. We actually ended up having our 6 bed dorm to ourselves for both nights, which was a nice perk. The kitchen is wonderful as well! We'd definitely recommend it :)

Excellent hostel. Very clean, staff were very friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend to others. Location is perfect!

It's the perfect place i've stayed while travelling in europe. because they have all the things. just that's all.

i wpuld like to stay one more time ..if i will visit interlaken once again. I enjoyed stay there....:):):) Thanks Backpackers..:)

• 1st Nov 2013
  • India

Great hostel, really liked the free hot chocolate!

Friendly staff, they are just patient about any question you have and all is well arranged. They have a kitchen where we can make our own meal, which is wonderful.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • China

Fantastic hostel. The staff were lovely and keen to help out wherever possible with booking activities and providing advice.