Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!

Smart hostel with well laid out rooms. Even got an upgrade on arrival.

So far from ineteraken ost. Convenient facilities(DM, Market etc,.) are locally located. totally hostel's facilities(bed sheet, pillow) is clean.

Amazing first hostel experience! Exceeded my expectations.

• 28th Aug 2015

almost people are from south korea but they give to customer some coins it can use laundry or buy coffee and tea actually I hesitate to choose backpackers because there are many Koreans but we can cook there so can save money if I visit Interlaken again, I will stay there

We had an AMAZING stay at Backpackers Villa. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The dorms and facilities were very clean. Breakfast is provided and they even give you coins to do your laundry which was great! Also, the location couldn't be better! Everything was within walking distance. Will be back again!

The staff was really nice and the hostel was clean. The location was great, right in between the two train stations in Interlaken. Breakfast is pretty good and there was luggage storage.

Great location, friendly staff and very impressive facilities for a hostel. Great free breakfast too!

I stayed one night in the BP Villa for my visit to Interlaken to do a bungee jump... It was a pleasant stay. Its location is perfect; near by the train station and close to all services. The place is clean and the staff are friendly. The breakfast is basic but good. As one of the reviews mentioned; it's not a back packers place per say but a great place nonetheless!

This hostel was great. Great staff, clean, safe, located very well. I would have given this hostel a perfect score but honestly every single night I slept there I had an awful night. The people in my dorm room made a ridiculous amount of noise at night and early in the morning. Not the hostels fault but I just wish that they would be very clear on respect when staying in a hostel ie, being quiet after a certain time, etc. There is also a lot of families and children that had stayed there.

Excellent hostel but NOT a 'backpackers' villa. I rocked up with my hiking boots and rucksack hoping to meet some like-minded outdoorsy folk but it was full of Asian tourists with their massive suitcases! Absolutely nothing wrong with this of course, and I highly recommend it to Korean visitors - they all seemed to be having a nice time. I just felt a little isolated as an Aussie solo-backpacker. Couldn't fault the hostel in any other way though!

Soooooooo good!! Visted Interlaken on out trip around Europe, we can't recommend it enough! Such a cool to visit, nice way to get a break from the big cities in Europe:) Perfect plage for outdoor activities, paragliding and hiking, and the scenery is so beautiful with a view to lakes and the alps! And the hostel made it amazing with its hotel standard. So nice beds and shower facilities, good breakfast and extremely helpful staff! Movie room and dvds for rent, good kitchen and fondue set-rent

Nice place, a lot of Asians though.

It was great! No need to say more.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Quiet rooms, good breakfast, fast wi-fi that works everywhere, great staff, excellent location. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends :)

Great hostel

位置在市中心、到火车站有公交、不过班次较少、还不如走路方便。 青旅韩国人超多。

Staff is amazing, the breakfast was amazing and they give you tokens that you can use for a drink or laundry. Overall a really good place to stay at.

This was a great hostel. I had the misfortune of staying during 30C temperature and the room had no A/C. But it did have great wifi and view of the mountains on the balcony.

Fantastic hostel, everything was the way you needed it and the facilities were more than you could've wanted. Exceptionally clean. Staff as friendly (and cute) as could be. Would've been great for meeting people but we came at a time of lots of Koreans so that made it hard.