Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

A great hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Delicious free breakfast. Tokens provided for free laundry and drying. Spacious rooms.

Great hostel for exploring Interlaken and it has great facilities and very helpful staff. If you don't speak Korean it's a little hard to meet people and the kitchen gets really crowded during dinner time. Booking activities through the front desk is really helpful and the breakfast is good but lacks anything with protein. Overall a great hostel but if you really want to get up into the mountains stay here a couple nights then try somewhere like Grindelwald.

Very nice staff Quite far from Interlaken Ost Station Only one night stay is not enough in this hostel, hope I could stay longer next time

The reception is very good ,They give time to solve the customers anxiety/problems in a very happy and pleasant manner

• 15th Jun 2015
  • India

The location is unbeatable. It's right in between Interlaken west and ost station. And staffs are really friendly and helpful. I had most of my bookings done by staffs and they helped me a lot. Especially Nathalie!! :-). I loved staying there. However, if you are traveling solo, it may not be the best hostel to meet people. A lot of Koreans. Facilities are flawlessly clean and managed well. I'd definitely stay there again!

Really helpful staffs and great location and great facilities!!!! gREaT

Pretty easy to see why this hostel has such good ratings. It is really nice and had a great atmosphere. The price is great too, you get fewer facilities for a greater price in other parts of Switzerland. The staff were great and the breakfast was sufficient.

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at. If you are looking for a party hostel this is not it, but you shouldn't be traveling to Interlaken to party to begin with. With that said this hostel is extremely clean, great facilities/resources, awesome staff, and an unbelievable location in the heart of Interlaken. If I ever find myself in this area of the world again I wouldn't think twice about choosing backpackers villa.

Right in the center of Interlaken. Staff is super friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the hostel itself is really big and nice.

Great hostel. Really clean with helpful staff who were knowledgeable about Interlaken and what was on offer. I booked paragliding through the hostel which helped me maximise the use of my time there. Free parking in a safe location was a bonus. I would highly recommend this hostel. The only reason the hostel does not score excellent for value for money is because it is In Switzerland and everything is expensive!

Great place to stay. Good lockers, always clean toilets, breakfast included and the best location in Interlaken. Well worth the money and would stay again.

My stay here was pleasant. The hostel has relationships with various companies, so I didn't have to book paragliding in advance and I prepaid for a meal (for a less expensive price!) at a nearby restaurant. My only real qualms were that you had to pay for comp use (although maybe they've had problems with people not getting off in the past), it's not a great place to meet people (but you can go out of your way to make friends) and the bathrooms were kind of janky & 1/2 showers had no hot water.

Little walk from the train station, the YHA hostel is closer but this one is just as nice. Bus will stop right in front of the building and goes to Interlaken OST. Hostel supplied a towel and locker. Kitchen was well equipped and had a really nice outdoor patio. Would stay here again.

I stayed here for 3 nights when I was visiting Interlaken and this was my favorite hostel I've ever stayed at throughout Europe. The location is literally so perfect it's crazy! The hostel is huge, lots of opportunities to meet people. Free breakfast, there's washing machines, computers to use, books, a terrace, and a desk with a million different brochures on to help your stay in Interlaken be absolutely awesome. The staff is so incredibly nice and helpful and it was also really clean. Thank ya

Very clean and nice hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful! Good breakfast. They give you coins at check in that can be used to do laundry and for coffee which was nice too. We enjoyed our stay, but not the best for meeting other people.

Great stay. Only negative is that there were just way to many asians there. (I'm asian as well). With all the asians there, the atmosphere was definitely not as fun as I had hoped since they just all gravitated as a group with one another.

Best hostel in Interlaken, and one of the best on my backpacker tour of Europe!

Fantastic hostel! I love the token system for free hot chocolate or laundry or lockers. There is a paragliding school in the same building, but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate while I was there. :( I loved the view from the room and the vibe in the interior. Location was convenient. Very pleased.

Great, clean facilities with a friendly staff. The two biggest perks were the free continental breakfast (Switzerland is rough on the wallet, take a free meal when you get it!) and the travel pass. The travel pass gets you on to the local buses for free and for the most part 50% off the trains and trams in the area (once again expensive). The staff was great with directions and suggestions.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. The location is perfect (center of Interlaken, close to both train stations and the city center). The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The hostel staff are the absolute best -- they are very nice and provide awesome advice for things to do and how to plan out your day. The price includes a lot of perks -- free espressos/laundry, free tennis/swimming/mini-golf, free local bus service -- it's awesome. Don't even bother with other hostels, just stay here!