Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

This was an amazing hostel. The rooms were clean, free breakfast was served (nothing special, but hey, it's free!), there was a massive kitchen, laundry was decently priced, and reception was very helpful and polite.

Thank you for your kindness =D It was the best. If I go to switzerland, I will make sure I pay Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof a visit.

Sets the standard for hostels in Europe. A wonderful purpose built hostel. We had 6 in a private room for the family. Excellent kitchen, all you can eat breakfast. 10min walk from the stations. Recommended.

AWESOME hostel! You will feel like staying in a decent hotel if you look at the common areas. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Free laundry service and hot drinks~ Have to mention that the shower room is so clean that I was literally shocked~ But it is a little uncomfortable when cooking as the cooking area is not very spacious and it gets crowded very easily. In a word, although the price is a little bit high I think it worths it.

This hostel is by far the best hostel i've ever been in. The ENTIRE place is clean, well-run with great facilities and fantastic staff who serves you with a smile even when they have to work until 11PM. No wonder Sonnenhof Hostel receives so many awards. It is truly the best in its class.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

It there is a big mirror on the wall that will be better.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • China

Great hostel. Good wifi, great kitchen area, big common area. Not a party hostel. Kitchen gets VERY busy at night. Staff were great, always helpful. A toaster would be good at breakfast time. Lots of Asians stay here.

Great Staff - Easily accessible from the interlaken station (A bus ride will drop you right in front of the hostel); Great facilities (Towels, Laundry, breakfast all included); Lot of good (and cheap also, if you prefer) places to eat nearby! The staff was sooo helpful!! Great place to stay! Never expected such a good service at such a low price! If you are going to Interlaken; Do Choose Backpackers Villa!!!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • India

Hostel itself was good- the lockers were a great size, we stayed in a 6bed dorm, and it wasn't crowded at all. I just wish I had researched Interlaken itself a little more, because the city has been taken over by Asians, and it doesn't feel like you're in the Switzerland that you passed through on the train. We did a day trip to Lucern, and I wish we had stayed in that city instead. Switzerland is a gorgeous country, and Interlaken is a tourist trap. Hostel was good- and the staff was fantastic.

The staff were very friendly, efficient and went out of their way to help us with travel plans. The hostel was very clean and was very quiet even with the shared WC outside our door. Excellent facilties and good location. Good value for money.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Great place! Nothing to complain, will definitely go again!

Absolutely wicked spot. Brilliant for meeting other travellers, very secure and clean. A very comfy nights sleep.

Can't say anything bad about this place. I really enjoyed staying here! Staff was great! Rooms clean with a locker and key for every person. Good breakfast. Nothing bad at all! :D

This is a great hostel to stay in and an amazing location. Awesome views of the alps from my window, great facilities, amazing helpful staff, free laundry was also a big bonus. The only bad thing really is putting up with the very large Asian (mostly Korean) population here, but still well worth it. I'll definitely come back.

I found everything to be very satisfactory except the location is a bit far from both railway stations (Interlaken East and Interlaken West.) This inconvenience is partially offset by the fact that bus 102 (route number as I remembered) is connecting both stations and has a stop at the door of this hostel. If the hostel can communicate this better with travelers then I am sure a lot of travelers will choose this hostel over others.

인터라켄 서역과 가깝구요 일단 주방이있어 대만족ㅎㅎ 시설 친절 모두 만족합니다

사인실썻는데 화장실이랑 샤워장이 안에있어서 소리가 좀 민망했어요 밖에 공요 화장실? 못밨거든요 ... 그래서 모르는 젊은 남녀가있다면 볼일볼때 매우 민망...ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Niceist staff I have ever met

the best staff as I seen

This place represents what a hostel should be: great and helpful staff, comfortable rooms and showers, great breakfast and friendly kitchen/lounge. A great idea to give you those tokens to have a coffee or to do your laundry as you please. Really a nice hostel. 15 minutes walking from the Interlaken Ost train station and with supermarkets (till 10 PM) nearby. I really enjoyed my stay there.