Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

My stay here was pleasant. The hostel has relationships with various companies, so I didn't have to book paragliding in advance and I prepaid for a meal (for a less expensive price!) at a nearby restaurant. My only real qualms were that you had to pay for comp use (although maybe they've had problems with people not getting off in the past), it's not a great place to meet people (but you can go out of your way to make friends) and the bathrooms were kind of janky & 1/2 showers had no hot water.

Little walk from the train station, the YHA hostel is closer but this one is just as nice. Bus will stop right in front of the building and goes to Interlaken OST. Hostel supplied a towel and locker. Kitchen was well equipped and had a really nice outdoor patio. Would stay here again.

I stayed here for 3 nights when I was visiting Interlaken and this was my favorite hostel I've ever stayed at throughout Europe. The location is literally so perfect it's crazy! The hostel is huge, lots of opportunities to meet people. Free breakfast, there's washing machines, computers to use, books, a terrace, and a desk with a million different brochures on to help your stay in Interlaken be absolutely awesome. The staff is so incredibly nice and helpful and it was also really clean. Thank ya

Very clean and nice hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful! Good breakfast. They give you coins at check in that can be used to do laundry and for coffee which was nice too. We enjoyed our stay, but not the best for meeting other people.

Great stay. Only negative is that there were just way to many asians there. (I'm asian as well). With all the asians there, the atmosphere was definitely not as fun as I had hoped since they just all gravitated as a group with one another.

Best hostel in Interlaken, and one of the best on my backpacker tour of Europe!

Fantastic hostel! I love the token system for free hot chocolate or laundry or lockers. There is a paragliding school in the same building, but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate while I was there. :( I loved the view from the room and the vibe in the interior. Location was convenient. Very pleased.

Great, clean facilities with a friendly staff. The two biggest perks were the free continental breakfast (Switzerland is rough on the wallet, take a free meal when you get it!) and the travel pass. The travel pass gets you on to the local buses for free and for the most part 50% off the trains and trams in the area (once again expensive). The staff was great with directions and suggestions.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. The location is perfect (center of Interlaken, close to both train stations and the city center). The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The hostel staff are the absolute best -- they are very nice and provide awesome advice for things to do and how to plan out your day. The price includes a lot of perks -- free espressos/laundry, free tennis/swimming/mini-golf, free local bus service -- it's awesome. Don't even bother with other hostels, just stay here!

Very clean, very well maintained. Staff were all excellent and went out of their way to meet our needs. The major downside is the lack of diversity. I saw just a handful of non-Koreans during my four day stay, not exaggerating. It is probably 90% Korean, but the whole area is, really. Otherwise, great place.

truly one of the top 3 best hostels I've ever stayed in - and I've been in many!

This is an excellent hostel. Very clean, friendly and has a lively atmosphere. The staff are very helpful in helping you plan your activities in Interlaken. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

fantastic hostel. there were many koreans but i get to know them despite the language barriers! the place is beautiful, making it doubly fantastic.

Favourite hostel I've stayed in. Amazing location, 10 min walk to either train station, 5 min walk to main street. really friendly staff. Good breakfast, big lockers for backpacks. 2 free tokens per night for washing/coffee machines. Free towel that you can change anytime at reception. Lovely big spacious hostel that i would definitely recommend and I would definitely stay again. It is mainly Koreans staying there but i dont see what difference that makes!!

Great hostel. Staff are incredibly nice. Somewhat annoying that the cleaning lady has to clean the bathrooms at the time everyone is taking showers. Great location. Easy to book things to do with staff members. Lots of Koreans.

The staff were really lovely here! Probably about 90% of the people staying here at the time of our stay were Korean. Interlaken was so beautiful

This hostel is located perfectly for walking distance to anywhere in Interlaken, including both train stations. It has a relaxed mountain vibe, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The facilities are amazing (having laundry facilities alone makes this hostel perfect). The large kitchen made it easy to eat on a budget during my stay, and the included breakfast was great. This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in and next time I'm in Interlaken I'll definitely stay here.

Great hostel. Loved that we were given tokens to use the washing machines for free. Staff super helpful and friendly. Great location. Awesome wifi. Only problem was that the rooms were super small and tight. Beds vibrated when people were moving in the room.

Very clean and feel very safe in the hostel!

• 15th Apr 2015
  • China

I enjoyed my holidays ,everything is just the same as mentioned ...highly recommended !!!!!!!!!cheers.......

• 10th Apr 2015