Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

It is about fifteen minutes walk from interlaken Ost railway station. Very quiet and beautiful. The staff are very nice and help to send postcards. The knives there is 10% cheaper with a student card. Very like it.

I only stayed one night, so I haven't really experience too much in the hostel. The room was pretty narrow for 6 people. The thing that I am not satisfied is the location. If you plan to arrive in Interlaken at night, please consider other hostels near the train station (especially girls), otherwise you need to walk through a pretty long dark field yourself, because in the late evening, there's no 102 or other buses to drive you directly to the hostel.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • China

I would definitely not stay at this hostel again. My friend and I stayed for one night while backpacking and were very surprised to find very old men in our room with us. We felt very uncomfortable being two 20 year old girls surrounded by old men in their underwear. We then tried to escape to the public areas, but felt we did not belong because of the heavy Asian population staying at the hostel.

• 28th Aug 2014

Lovely hostel, good location, tall bunk beds with lights, large kitchen space! Loved the free laundry!! Breakfast was decent. Shortened my trip because of bad weather and the staff were very nice about it.

awesome hostel set out great, everybody was really friendly. They do a free walking tour from there which was good. kitchen was good to

The location is far from stations-middle of east and west stations. but the place is so neat and clean they have individual lockers and clean bed they give you 2 coins per night which can be used for laundry, coffee....

sooo many koreans in there so if u r not koreans, u feels like middle in the seoul. room was good and there's a kitchen where u can cook. but location was not that good(compare with interlaken youthhostel) but not that far from interlaken ost about 15min by walk)

Best hostel I've ever stayed in

I had a great time in your hostel. When I stayed there, the reception staff always provided good service for me and smiled at me. I was very happy to stay there. If I go Interlaken again, I am sure I will go your hostel. And I recommend my friends to stay your hostel if it is possible.

The counter staff were extremely helpful and competent. I had asked for details on visiting Jungfrau and they were able to assist me very well. They were friendly and approachable. Complimentary breakfast was a great bonus to the stay!

Nice place. Good location. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful

One of the best hostels. Coins for coffee/washing machine are some ideas! Clean beds. Lockers with keys are good. Basic but quality breakfast. Kitchen area is always crowded, but enough stoves/sinks/everyting. Well managed, thanks. I hope there are many hostels like this everywhere in the world.

Excellent hostel.

The room was too small and hot. The hostel was OK, but there was so many Koreans, and apparently they got together and dominate the hostel, the washing machine, the social area, everything was full because they was taking over everything and the staff didn't do or say anything.

Really nice hostel, in a perfect location in Interlaken. Very, very quiet hostel.

Excellent hostel

PERFECT facilities! and perfect kindness! I'm satisfied with all of this hostel. 근데 한국사람진짜많음. 엠티온줄알았음 전부삼겹살굽고. 자신이 혼자다니고 어울리는거에 잘 적응하지 못한다면 추천하고싶지않음. 뭔가 소외감느낄수도있음. 한국인너무많아서 점수깎을라다가 말았음

I like this Hostel, everything was good

Really good in all things

this hostel was great. switzerland is an expensive place and as such so was the hostel however the amenities were amazing. they give you 6 tokens which you can use for coffee, internet or laundry. a load of laundry is only 2 tokens and drying is free so this was awesome for us. they had a massive kitchen with 4 stoves and plenty of seating and fridge area. the rooms were nice and spacious with really comfy pillows and a sink the in room. amazing!!