Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof (Hostel Interlaken) Reviews

Alpenstrasse 16, Interlaken, Switzerland

2071 Total Reviews

Staff are amazingly helpful, will answer any questions you have at all. Location is great, nothing is more than a half hour walk in Interlaken anyway but you also get free use of the buses! Also they had the best showers of any hostel I've stayed at during my trip! Only downside was that some people tended to overtake the kitchen and make you feel uncomfortable when using it! However if you just ignored them it was fine. Great hostel, 100% recommend!

The breakfast here was a pretty good source of energy for hiking and outdoor activities. The laundry facilities were nice as well. The paragliding company SkyWings picked us up right there too.

This was a great hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I met some great people. Even though I didn't use everything, the fact that they give you free public transport tickets and access to the pool and other places was awesome. Would definitely stay here again!

The Villa was a fantastic place to stay. The staff were incredibly helpful and gave me some great ideas for daytrips in the region. I loved how many big lockers there were around the hostel so I could store my luggage both during my stay and after I checked out. I just wish the people I'd shared my room with had been slightly more courteous -- ie not talking loudly while getting ready at 6am!

한국사람 많은 것 빼고 괜찮았어요

ที่นี่ดีมาก สิ่งอำนวนความสะดวกครบ เสียดายไม่มีไดร์เป่าผม ห้องน้ำแยกออกมาจากห้องนอน น้ำแรงดี คนไม่พลุ่งพล่าน มองเห็นภูเขาหิมะไกลๆ มีสวนให้เดินเล่นชิลๆด้านหน้าโรงแรม เดินไปสถานีอินเทอลาเค่นได้ มองวิวเพลินๆก็ถึง อาหารก็แบบทั่วไป มีขนมปังให้ แล้วก็มีเหรียญให้ เอาไว้ใช้กินน้ำกาแฟ โอวัลติน เล่นคอม ซักผ้า แล้วแต่ว่าเราจะใช้ทำอะไร โดยรวมถือว่าดี มีรถเมล์ผ่านหน้าโรงแรม แต่รอนานหน่อย ต้องเช็คเวลาที่แน่นอนกับโรงแรมอีกที

The hostel was great, perfect location in town, not to far away from the train stations so you can easily adventure up into lauterbrunnen valley. The staff is always there and extremely helpful and friendly. Rafael is super sweet and nice, is always there and never seems to leave. Orginally planned only 3 nights but ended up staying 6. You can do laundry and it's basically free with the coins they give you just do it earlier in the afternoon before the crowds get back. Same with making dinner.

Best hostel that I've ever stayed at....

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. So clean so comfortable and so friendly. I loved this hostel and would recommend to anybody.

Great location, amazing facilities, very helpful staff, you get a lot of discounts around the city. Probably the nicest hostel I have stayed at... ever. However, it seems a little like a hotel. It's big and doesn't have much of that hostel atmosphere where you're quick to meet people from all over the world. If you're looking to "live in luxury"- book immediately, but if you're looking for an atmosphere to meet new people, that might be a little more difficult. Still highly recommend it!

Very nice and very clean. We received a free upgrade which was unexpected and greatly appreciated, especially after such a long day. Loved having a locker inside the room that they include and if you check out and want to still explore town before you depart there are lockers outside the rooms as well. Breakfast wasn't all that great but I did love having coffee tokens. Also, fair warning, the majority of the guest are Asian. It didn't bother us any and ladies we roomed with were wonderful.

• 28th Sep 2015

THE best hostel ever! just perfect!

Friendly Staff helpful with suggestions. Great atmosphere.

• 26th Sep 2015

very nice hostel in Interlaken :) Especially laundry service is good.

I really loved this hostel. Accomodation in Switzerland can be expensive specially for south american travellers but this hostel is really worth its price. I booked the cheapest room and even so I felt really comfy. The staff was really helpful, everything was so clean and the atmosphere was really nice. As a solo traveller I got to meet a lot of interesting people from everywhere!Good breakfast and a big plus is the free guided city tour that some locals do from there everyday at 6 pm!

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Argentina

This is one of the good hostels I have stayed in during my trip. Staff, Christine, was really helpful. She suggested some good places to visit while weather at Jungfraujoch was too bad to visit it. Wifi is free everywhere in hostel. Free, unlimited breakfast was good. Hostel, in collaboration with Interlaken Walking Tours, offers free walking tours on specific days, so do take advantage of it! Hostel is located centrally and they even offer free public transit pass. Highly recommended!

Great location, clean, free breakfast. I found it funny that it seems like 90% of the guests were Korean.

loved this hostel ! Best one. Staff are friendly. Everything is perfect. Other than the dryer which was not very effective. This is a must stay hostel.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • India

The best hostel I've never stayed!! Free regional bus and train during my stay, just need to show the room card. Hostel provide limited token to every guest, allow you enjoy hot drinks and laundry service, basically they are free unless you run out of your token. Rafael (hope I spell correctly), the guy at reception when I was checking in, is very nice. Highly recommend this hostel!!

Best place I stayed the whole trip