Backpackers on Castle Reviews

57 Castle Street, 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

By accident I`ve looked to my mails and I found the late cancellation, although I got a confirmation. I`ve had a lot of trouble to find another accomodation.

• 14th Feb 2014

There were hairs on my bed and I got bit by bedbugs. The common room and bar are lacking.

We waited around 20 min for the receptionist. There was no basin and toilet in our en-suite room (only shower). The bed wasnt clean and the mattress was uneven. The linen had holes in it. The room is very small. It looks as if this hostel is used for long term local guests more than for tourists as there was never anybody to give you information whatsoever. Despite is located in long street the building is just at the beginning of it so it is necessary to walk around 15 min to get to bars.

Best Hostel experiance in my whole life. But only because of Paul, one of the staff members. As long as he works at Castle Inn, it is a wonderful pace to stay...