Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The owner's mother was so kind, and helped me a lot. Thank you for making it such a great experience for me.

• 4th Mar 2014

Terrible place, booked a room for 4 and they "lost the reservation" so they were going to make us stay in a room full of random people with different beds. Left immediately upon entering do not stay here.

• 31st Jan 2014

The Hostel is in a great position and personnel seemed friendly though not really concerned about the quality of services provided to guests. Floors in the kitchen and bathrooms were swept clean, still carpets in the dorm rooms were dirty and ceilings had signs of mould due to humidity leaking from above. Pillow and mattress had stains all over but at least linen and blankets were fresh clean. Kitchen: small, dirty (spotted cockroaches in the mw oven) and improperly supplied. Shabby vibe!

It is a really good hostel. I met a lot of friends there.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • China

Friendly staff, good location, would definitely stay here again.

What a fantastic location!...3 minutes from the Eaton Centre and Dundas Square...hundreds of restaurants...the girls dorm was very clean and bright...small kitchen but clean and functional...the new owners are working hard to upgrade the facility...many changes since I was there in July...

Location only good thing. In the girls dorm the blinds don't close so no privacy from main road outside. Tramps keeping warm in the stairwell and no locks on the dorm doors. The toilets stank the whole time of urine from disgusting unwashed rugs on the floor. The kitchen was crawling with flies and bugs and I am covered in bites all over my hands and back. I had no idea who was a guest and who was staff to complain to. I usually ignore comments like these as over the top, but trust me on this!!

very good location, nice stuff. the room is very clean,but the washroom is not very clean.

What a great location!...just minutes from the action!...really clean place...freshly painted...the new management are working hard to improve the property...the pillows are amazing

good vibes, nice people, nice and friendly staff :) thanks!

Great Atmosphere, GREAT location!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitely stay here again once I come back to Toronto next year. Housemates were nice and very respectful towards belongings. Only thing I need to complain about is the refrigerator being filled and there wasn't much space to put food.

• 24th Oct 2013

Hostel was in the perfect location, right by st Patrick station and the eaton center. But it was not very clean at all. Lots of bugs as well. The ppl staying there was also an older crowd. It was super small. Only one or two ppl could cook in the kitchen at one time. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

My stay was good great location to travel to the bus early morning, I don't know exactly but I think there was bed bugs something was biting me through the night!. other then that the stay was good!

• 19th Oct 2013