Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada

The hostel was okay for a one night stay. The location is very good and it was nice that we could do a real early check-in. I didnt like that they have air freshener in every room that spray out a very artificial smell every 30 minutes. One of them was located next to my bed, that wasnt very nice. The washrooms are very small and there are just two toilets. I saw a cockroach in the kitchen.

The man on duty was friendly. The men I shared an 8 bed room with were from Germany & Japan. Very nice friendly men. Interesting conversation.

Excellent staff. They were totally helpful assisting me on my planning thru the city for being my fist time in Toronto. That hostel is a good one I recommend

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel was excellent. good location right on dundas st, and has netflix so all the movies you want . John the Aussie bloke made our stay awesome , just don't try and play scrabble against him !!!!!

Stayed one night. Good for a place to sleep. Not as clean as it could be. Excellent location.

• 31st Dec 2014

Tension within the staff which ruins the atmosphere. Good attempt at keeping the place clean (floor especially) but a spring cleaning is in order (cupboards, behind showers, bedrooms, air out the bedrooms everyday for the smell...) Nice and warm =) All the basic + necessary facilities are there, but couch is uncomfy. I would recommend to change the floor in the bathroom so it looks cleaner, same goes for the bedrooms.

Staff very nice, very helpful and knowledgeable,you can book your day trip with the hostel, its cheaper than what's online, stairs not suitable for people with very heavy suitcase, but I'm sure if you ask, the staff will be glad to help, room and facilities very clean, chillout area, tv room, computers for usage, strong wifi, overall is good, but it would be better if there's free towel usage and bedside light. centralized location, just 5mins from airport shuttle bus drop off,near to eateries