Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada

They overbooked the hostel so they didn't have any bed left for me and offered me to stay on a couch for almost the same price as a bed or simply to find another place where to stay by myself! There was also only one restroom for 30 people and 2 showers.

• 11th Oct 2014

small public area

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Very nice hostel. Located at the heart of the city. 3 minutes walk from dundas square. Small hostel, so very comfortable and quiet.

Awesome location - easy to meet up with my friends in Toronto. Very comfortable mattress & pillows. Super Wi-Fi & netflix. Close to everything & including the bus station.

Absolutely horrific staff, felt unsafe, they were constantly high and could not communicate properly. Excellent location but absolute shame

• 26th Sep 2014

Had to deal with an incredibly rude, unhelpful gangsta wannabe who (somehow) had a job there. Couldn't even help with basic questions such as if they served breakfast. He played his SouljaBoy swag music loudly in the common room and when I asked him to stop playing a song on repeat he said "yo you can just put some headphones on, fo real man". What a dipshit. He even walked with a limp. Only redeeming features of this hostel was the location and half decent internet

What a super location !! The Hostel was very clean & well maintained. Had a great time there & met lots of friendly travellers. Just 2 minutes from the bus terminal & a 5 minute walk to The Eaton Centre & Dundas Square. No shortage of places to eat & have fun. Highly recommended.

Where do I start!,I got bit by a spider on my arm and leg,I saw cockroaches on the kitchen and the bathroom,the place was not very nice,there was people living @ the hostel which made conflict with other guest,the only thing good was location,but I would never stay here again i would rather pay more and walk to an attraction than staying here again,also they don't take credit or debit only cash in Canadian money,so I had to change @ the bank,not well organized and needs more attention

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff is rude and aggressive, especially the "world class athlete" who mans the check out desk. The place has cockroaches in the bathroom and over charges for everything. It's the size of a shoebox and you should avoid this place at all costs.

• 5th Sep 2014

I missed an elevator and didn't got help with my luggage. Also there wasn't a Storage room and the dormrooms were all without Key. I didn't really felt Safe, because the staff left at 11pm and came back around 8am. Its a very Tiny Hostel, but the Location is awesome, because right in Downtown and only 2min walk from greyhound/megabus. The kitchen is also very small, but for a short stay its really ok.

• 4th Sep 2014

Nice and simple hostel, if you are not expectatives are not too high you'll enjoy the stay. Great localization, friendly staff and confartable beds. There are people kind of living there though, not just young backpackers (not necessarily a bad thing).

• 26th Aug 2014

good location.

Felt at home.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Bed bucks!!!!!! It made me crazy! Not clean room and bathroom. Small space. In addition, they changed my reservation from female to mixed dorm without any sorry.

I have been in many hostels and this is by far the worst one. To sum up: NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARD MACHINES, NO ELEVATOR SERVICE(good luck with the long stairs), CANT WEAR SHOES inside the hostel(you have to leave them in a big pile of dirty shoes @ reception), VERY NOISY & DIRTY ROOMS, UNFRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT, RUDE & IMPOLITE STAFF(Except for the nice guy with dark skin), ONLY 2 BATHROOMS, THE STAFF DONT EVEN KNOW WHICH BEDS ARE TAKEN & bedclothes you have to put it yourself. Look 4 another place!

It was a nice place to stay. I liked the small rooms, only 6 people in my room. There are not a lot of beds which means it is quiet, which is very nice.

Staff was nice and helpful but the hostel itself very average (tiny space, rooms, washrooms and kitchen are very cramped), though fine for a quick 1 night stay in transit. Very close to the bus station which was great.

Backpackers on Dundas cancelled my reservation at the last minute without offering any alternative accommodation and still have not returned my deposit. Very disappointed.

I'm unable to review the above as my booking was cancelled by the hostel even before I got there. I have yet to receive my deposit back. I will not book this hostel in the future.

It seems alot of reservations get ''lost''in that hostel. I arrived there, only to be told a cold '' Sorry but there was a mistake''. The guy at the desk was rude. I have no idea if the hostel is good itself, but rude staff ruined it for me. I would avoid it next time.

• 29th Apr 2014