Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada

The guy at the desk was unpleasant. Everything else was according to the price you pay, not interesting or special in any way. The location is great, however.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The staff do not start working before 8:00 am in the morning, If you would like to check out before 8am, return your key on the night before so you can have your deposit back, otherwise, you will lose you deposit just because the staff is not working between 11pm - 8am

I thought this was a generally very good hostel and an excellent value for the money. Surprisingly (to me, as a non-clean-freak), what impressed me most were 1) the great location (right by the bus depot) and a very convenient area to downtown & Toronto's Chinatown and 2) the cleanliness of the common areas (esp. the bathrooms and the shower rooms). Other strong positives were good atmosphere for interaction and entertainment room with nice TV (watched game 5 of the NBA finals with others).

Only thing I didn't like was the automatic air freshener in the dorm. Spraying into to air at intervals making a noise and filling the air with scent, not good for lungs I would have thought. Better used in a toilet.

As mentioned, no breakfast included and therefor low value for money. Also, there were some tensions between staff members which resulted in a dramatic wake up discussion. There are better options in the neighborhood for more money but far better value.

LOL I had an awesome time, staff is great! They are the best cunts around ;)

• 2nd May 2015

Great stay! I was only there for two nights but the rooms were clean as well as the facilities. A little smaller than the other hostels in town but nice for a short term stay!

It it very close to Megabus coach station. It was very loud in lounge room at night. I saw cockroaches at kitchen.

The hostel was okay for a one night stay. The location is very good and it was nice that we could do a real early check-in. I didnt like that they have air freshener in every room that spray out a very artificial smell every 30 minutes. One of them was located next to my bed, that wasnt very nice. The washrooms are very small and there are just two toilets. I saw a cockroach in the kitchen.

The man on duty was friendly. The men I shared an 8 bed room with were from Germany & Japan. Very nice friendly men. Interesting conversation.

Excellent staff. They were totally helpful assisting me on my planning thru the city for being my fist time in Toronto. That hostel is a good one I recommend

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel was excellent. good location right on dundas st, and has netflix so all the movies you want . John the Aussie bloke made our stay awesome , just don't try and play scrabble against him !!!!!