Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada

It it very close to Megabus coach station. It was very loud in lounge room at night. I saw cockroaches at kitchen.

The hostel was okay for a one night stay. The location is very good and it was nice that we could do a real early check-in. I didnt like that they have air freshener in every room that spray out a very artificial smell every 30 minutes. One of them was located next to my bed, that wasnt very nice. The washrooms are very small and there are just two toilets. I saw a cockroach in the kitchen.

The man on duty was friendly. The men I shared an 8 bed room with were from Germany & Japan. Very nice friendly men. Interesting conversation.

Excellent staff. They were totally helpful assisting me on my planning thru the city for being my fist time in Toronto. That hostel is a good one I recommend

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel was excellent. good location right on dundas st, and has netflix so all the movies you want . John the Aussie bloke made our stay awesome , just don't try and play scrabble against him !!!!!

Stayed one night. Good for a place to sleep. Not as clean as it could be. Excellent location.

• 31st Dec 2014

Tension within the staff which ruins the atmosphere. Good attempt at keeping the place clean (floor especially) but a spring cleaning is in order (cupboards, behind showers, bedrooms, air out the bedrooms everyday for the smell...) Nice and warm =) All the basic + necessary facilities are there, but couch is uncomfy. I would recommend to change the floor in the bathroom so it looks cleaner, same goes for the bedrooms.