Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada

Felt at home.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Bed bucks!!!!!! It made me crazy! Not clean room and bathroom. Small space. In addition, they changed my reservation from female to mixed dorm without any sorry.

I have been in many hostels and this is by far the worst one. To sum up: NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARD MACHINES, NO ELEVATOR SERVICE(good luck with the long stairs), CANT WEAR SHOES inside the hostel(you have to leave them in a big pile of dirty shoes @ reception), VERY NOISY & DIRTY ROOMS, UNFRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT, RUDE & IMPOLITE STAFF(Except for the nice guy with dark skin), ONLY 2 BATHROOMS, THE STAFF DONT EVEN KNOW WHICH BEDS ARE TAKEN & bedclothes you have to put it yourself. Look 4 another place!

It was a nice place to stay. I liked the small rooms, only 6 people in my room. There are not a lot of beds which means it is quiet, which is very nice.

Staff was nice and helpful but the hostel itself very average (tiny space, rooms, washrooms and kitchen are very cramped), though fine for a quick 1 night stay in transit. Very close to the bus station which was great.

Backpackers on Dundas cancelled my reservation at the last minute without offering any alternative accommodation and still have not returned my deposit. Very disappointed.

I'm unable to review the above as my booking was cancelled by the hostel even before I got there. I have yet to receive my deposit back. I will not book this hostel in the future.

It seems alot of reservations get ''lost''in that hostel. I arrived there, only to be told a cold '' Sorry but there was a mistake''. The guy at the desk was rude. I have no idea if the hostel is good itself, but rude staff ruined it for me. I would avoid it next time.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Greece

I received an email from the hostel at 23.50 h. just THE DAY BEFORE arriving in Toronto, to tell me that my booking is cancelled. I had paid the non-refundable 3 dollars deposit two days before through Hostelworld, so at the end I paid 3 dollars for NOTHING. There is a big problem among hostels, that DO NOT close the systems which allow the people make the bookings, and pages like Hostelworld which TAKE MONEY even if you don't have the room. What is this? This is a shame, and it's NOT FAIR

The varied reception folk all helpful and friendly

I really love the place. If you plan to travel around Toronto, this is the place you should stay. However, please remember that it is just a hostel, not a hotel. All facilities are enough for a backpacker; a bed, blanket, pillow, locker, shower, kitchen, and free wifi. Anyway, if you want to have a good service like you are a king, please spend more in other hotels. Here, it's just like you are staying at your friend's home.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

The owner's mother was so kind, and helped me a lot. Thank you for making it such a great experience for me.

• 4th Mar 2014