Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada

Place was so comfortable and I met good friends! Staff is the best and most helpful. It's spotless because Serge cleans ALL THE TIME! Also, Josh is awesome he helps me with whatever I need :)

During my stay for a week, I was pretty satisfied with the hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful, and they were constantly cleaning. Facilities were good, at least I got to use everything I needed to, from hair dryer, ironing board, to kitchen utilities. If you're on a budget trip, you can always cook in the hostel. However, using the washing machine costs CAD $5. Location was strategic, about 5 mins walk to the nearest subway station.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Serge is so amazing! He will always make sure you have a good time in this great city. You will feel like you have your own personal city guide along with you.

The guy at the desk was unpleasant. Everything else was according to the price you pay, not interesting or special in any way. The location is great, however.

The staff do not start working before 8:00 am in the morning, If you would like to check out before 8am, return your key on the night before so you can have your deposit back, otherwise, you will lose you deposit just because the staff is not working between 11pm - 8am

I thought this was a generally very good hostel and an excellent value for the money. Surprisingly (to me, as a non-clean-freak), what impressed me most were 1) the great location (right by the bus depot) and a very convenient area to downtown & Toronto's Chinatown and 2) the cleanliness of the common areas (esp. the bathrooms and the shower rooms). Other strong positives were good atmosphere for interaction and entertainment room with nice TV (watched game 5 of the NBA finals with others).

Only thing I didn't like was the automatic air freshener in the dorm. Spraying into to air at intervals making a noise and filling the air with scent, not good for lungs I would have thought. Better used in a toilet.

1 2 Next » last »