Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I had the most AMAZING time in Toronto, mainly because of your hostel! I met the most fantastic people and made the best memories! I will defiantly be back to visit again. Very friendly environment, and a fantastic location!! Thanks so much!

• 21st Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

I spent very little time at the hostel, but the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is good and close to many things including the greyhound bus terminal, a taxi stand, and Queen Street West. I wish the hostel was marked a bit more clearly, the sign is very small.

• 21st Aug 2013

Not bad overall and would always spend sometimes there in the future and convenient to downtown access

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Guinea

This is in a great location. Just need a little more cleanliness and more comfortable beds.

Staff could be a bit friendlier.

• 15th Aug 2013

Pros: Nice staff, awesome location a block away from the Greyhound station Cons: Building is not kept up well. Some tenants had noticeable bed bug bites. Roaches were in the kitchen and bathrooms, the mattresses are old and carpeting is dirty and needs to be cleaned. Aside from the nice staff, I would only stay here for the location if needed. Management needs to tend to this place soon.

The location of this hostel is excellent; nevertheless, I got bedbug bites the first night I stayed there. I told the morning staff and the guy told me to go somewhere else as this hostel was horrible and had a bedbug issue. This was their own staff saying not to stay there. I complained to the manager and he steamed the bed to get rid of the bugs but wasn't offered a free night or anything. I got an "I'm sorry" and that was it. Not good business if you ask me!

• 17th Jul 2013

According to their description they should offer parking. However, they don't! In the end we had to place our car in an expensive parking garage. This was quite a bummer. Otherwise this hostel was quite OK. It's located directly in the center for Toronto and the dorms/bethrooms are clean.

The first time I was well received by a Guy and everything went OK. The second time the lady wasn't expecting me (even though I've made reservations). Also, she was very disrespectful with me which lead me to search for another place to stay. I'll never come back here after that.

• 27th Jun 2013

Pay attention about late arrival, after 11 pm you could meet a totaly unfriendly guy. You also have to think about to pay the public parking 24$/day.

The lockers were very small. It was also on a busy street so there was a lot of noise from traffic.

The Staff here are very good especially Harrison the Aussie! Gets everyone involved and is a wealth of information for whatever you might need. Clean and tidy and I've stayed again and extended and do recommend.

When we first arrived, noone was there, but we could walk right in since the door was almost always open. The guy working that morning got up an hour after opening hour, and could at first not find our reservation. He was very rude and unfriendly. Other staffmembers were nice though. The kitchen is poorly equipped and small. Location is very good.

• 4th May 2013
  • Sweden

nice hostel, lovely lounge, nice paintings on staircase with helpful staff!

Basic hostel in a good location. Was easy to meet others and very good value for money. The pillows weren't that comfortable. Overall I would recommend it.

Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere

• 30th Mar 2013
  • Kenya

The staff was very no happy to help me. There is no place on the kitchen (only two hobs for 30 people, very not enough). Only three bathrooms (with a little water).

Very friendly, helpful and beautiful lady at the recey Reception. Clean and right in dundas. In 3 min u can be at bus terminus.

Nice place to stay with brilliant staff who make the effort. Great location, can't complain.

Showers need to be cleaner! Other than that, this is a good hostel. Nothing more, nothing less. Bedbugs were being chased away the while I was there, so that problem should be solved! The bad reviews are due to other owners. Everything seems to be a lot better since the current staff took over. Thanks for a nice stay, guys!