Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada

Great Atmosphere, GREAT location!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitely stay here again once I come back to Toronto next year. Housemates were nice and very respectful towards belongings. Only thing I need to complain about is the refrigerator being filled and there wasn't much space to put food.

• 24th Oct 2013

Hostel was in the perfect location, right by st Patrick station and the eaton center. But it was not very clean at all. Lots of bugs as well. The ppl staying there was also an older crowd. It was super small. Only one or two ppl could cook in the kitchen at one time. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

My stay was good great location to travel to the bus early morning, I don't know exactly but I think there was bed bugs something was biting me through the night!. other then that the stay was good!

• 19th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

very small friendly hostel. great place to feel a bit at home for a while and the location is amazing :)

So good points : the location, practically in front of the bus station. The wi fi is good quality. The bed are clean. Bad point : a tiny small kitchen. Cockroaches in the bathrooms, hair in the showers ... Beurk ! And the floor in my dorm was dirty. Anyway it's ok to stay for a night, if you have to catch a bus early.

I was at Backpackers on Dundas for Tiff 2013 and I had a great time. The location is superb, right across the street from the Toronto bus terminal, between Young and University streets, a short walk from Chinatown and central Toronto... The hostel is well kept, the staff is friendly and helpful, restrooms are common and plenty. I met some wonderful fellow travelers and I had the pleasure to meet Brenda, the owner, who made us feel like we were all part of a big family. Highly recommended.

The place is really fantastic for people who use Grey hound. You can come here in 5 minutes from Grey hound station. Also the staff who might be the old couple are very kind when we ask something. BUT the restroom is direct to common places so I was so uncomfortable. Also the kitchen was so small that we didn't cook anything. Someone who search for nice location hostel are recommended but some sensitive people are not.

Accidentally booked the wrong night and the staff were incredibly accommodating in changing it for me, the location was amazing for anyone using the bus station and they were happy to let me leave luggage after the check out time. However, there still seems to be an issue of bedbugs for some.

Had a great time at the hostel, it is relatively small but very busy so the atmosphere was really good. The staff were really helpful and welcoming (thanks for the hospitality Mother Bren!). The rooms are nicely air conditioned and the beds are sturdy and don't creak like most other hostels. The hostel is in an amazing location right next to the coach station with buses to destinations like Niagara Falls, Montreal etc.

• 26th Aug 2013

Very small hostel but with good stuff. I found only one (small) restroom shared between all locators as main drawback. Two showers.

I had the most AMAZING time in Toronto, mainly because of your hostel! I met the most fantastic people and made the best memories! I will defiantly be back to visit again. Very friendly environment, and a fantastic location!! Thanks so much!

• 21st Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

I spent very little time at the hostel, but the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is good and close to many things including the greyhound bus terminal, a taxi stand, and Queen Street West. I wish the hostel was marked a bit more clearly, the sign is very small.

• 21st Aug 2013

Not bad overall and would always spend sometimes there in the future and convenient to downtown access

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Guinea

This is in a great location. Just need a little more cleanliness and more comfortable beds.

Staff could be a bit friendlier.

• 15th Aug 2013

Pros: Nice staff, awesome location a block away from the Greyhound station Cons: Building is not kept up well. Some tenants had noticeable bed bug bites. Roaches were in the kitchen and bathrooms, the mattresses are old and carpeting is dirty and needs to be cleaned. Aside from the nice staff, I would only stay here for the location if needed. Management needs to tend to this place soon.

The location of this hostel is excellent; nevertheless, I got bedbug bites the first night I stayed there. I told the morning staff and the guy told me to go somewhere else as this hostel was horrible and had a bedbug issue. This was their own staff saying not to stay there. I complained to the manager and he steamed the bed to get rid of the bugs but wasn't offered a free night or anything. I got an "I'm sorry" and that was it. Not good business if you ask me!

• 17th Jul 2013

According to their description they should offer parking. However, they don't! In the end we had to place our car in an expensive parking garage. This was quite a bummer. Otherwise this hostel was quite OK. It's located directly in the center for Toronto and the dorms/bethrooms are clean.

The first time I was well received by a Guy and everything went OK. The second time the lady wasn't expecting me (even though I've made reservations). Also, she was very disrespectful with me which lead me to search for another place to stay. I'll never come back here after that.

• 27th Jun 2013

Pay attention about late arrival, after 11 pm you could meet a totaly unfriendly guy. You also have to think about to pay the public parking 24$/day.